The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

+35
All Time Great
Steffan
Dass
HumanWindmill
Boxtthis
Waingro
trottb
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Super D Boon
ErmanH
bhb001
quentins_monkey
coxy0001
compelling and rich
Knowsit17
Adam D
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
OasisBFC
The Galveston Giant
J.Benson II
Rowley
owen10ozzy
Union Cane
joeyjojo618
Scottrf
Mind the windows Tino.
AlexHuckerby
88Chris05
Fists of Fury
oxring
JabMachine
JDandfries
Soldier_Of_Fortune
oneorthree
39 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012 - Page 2 Empty Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

Post by oneorthree Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just seen on the Telegraph website this is confirmed for March 2012.

What are poeples thoughts.
I think against Wlad he might have gone in with a punchers chance, but i cant see him being about to worry Vitali.
I think he will give us value for money though - will go in there and give it a go (will probably see him go out on his shield in the late rounds of drop a comfortable UD)

Good luck to the lad though, he's got balls and wants to fight the best. Il be cheering for him (back in 04 i knew him from the amateur circuit and sparred with him a couple of times so it would be nice to tell the grandkids id shared a ring with a heavyweight WC!)

thought on his chances though??

oneorthree

Back to top Go down

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

Post by coxy0001 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:51 pm

alma wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:Unfortunately for Chisora he's:

a) Easy to hit
b) Got a half decent chin

a + b = pummel time

Will be a somewhat similar affair to Drederick Tatum v Homer Simpson methinks

Homer Simpson had a better physique and more talent

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Chisora vs Vitali - confirmed March 2012

Post by 88Chris05 Mon Dec 12, 2011 5:57 pm

Don't forget, too, that Tatum should have been penalised a point for a blow to the back of the head early doors.

I hear Simpson never forgave his manager for pulling him out of that one.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 pm

Actually I take issue of the opinion that Chisora is undeserving of the title shot. He's easily earned it after his performance against Helenius (who was a top 10 heavy), which should be viewed as a victory. Given that he's now the de facto European Champion this qualifies Chisora for a shot at the WBC champion.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:52 pm

Had Helenius won the other week, no doubt people would be talking him up a storm on here (as yet another hype job is given wings by certain elements on 606v2 and allowed to take flight) and there'd be calls for him to face off against Wlad as he's clearly "the next big thing"

I'd ask this question though....given he was widely outboxed by Chisora, why is it that Chisora isn't granted the same level of respect and borderline hysteria that Helenius would have undoubtedly got?

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:04 pm

This has the makings of a good fight, albeit a fairly one-sided one. Chisora comes to fight. He is in exciting fights and has a very good chin. Helenius and fury caught him time after time and chisora didn't hit the deck. I think he will come in better shape than the helenius fight and will try to get on the inside and load up on vitali. I don't think delboy has the power to hurt vitali let alone take him off his feet though. Vitali must start slowing down though, its only natural, and if chisora can hit him to the body vitali must just start showing his age. Chisora has said from the beginning its about money, and fair play to him for taking tough fights.

I think vitali wins by alate KO

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:16 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
I'd ask this question though....given he was widely outboxed by Chisora, why is it that Chisora isn't granted the same level of respect and borderline hysteria that Helenius would have undoubtedly got?

Because people still remember how Greggs the bakers recorded record profits during the month of the Tyson Fury fight.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:19 pm

Apparently he has signed Lennox Lewis as a trainer. This is the only way to beat a Klichsko

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:21 pm

I actually think Chsora will do a lot better than Haye would as he's more keen to box and work his way inside rather than charging in throwing wild hail mary's ala Haye. Got a feeling he'll be a good test for Vitali but still lose.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 pm

This shows that Klitchkos do not like to take on tough challenges. Are mormeck and Chisora better than Haye? No they are not Chisora is a good fighter but he lost to Fury he is nowhere near Hayes class so why is Vitali fighting Chisora and not Haye?? Wlad wants to fight Mormeck who could barely win his last fight and was absolutely destroyed by Haye years ago at cruiserweight so s he better than Haye? No he isnt Haye destroyed him so why is Wlad fighting him and not Haye in a much bigger rematch?

I hope Chisora can beat Vitali but tbh he has no chance. Fury beat him and Fury would not beat Vitali. More pointless fights from the Klichkos who will not take on the biggest challenges which is something Haye does.

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Super D Boon Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:52 pm

Waingro wrote:This shows that Klitchkos do not like to take on tough challenges. Are mormeck and Chisora better than Haye? No they are not Chisora is a good fighter but he lost to Fury he is nowhere near Hayes class so why is Vitali fighting Chisora and not Haye?? Wlad wants to fight Mormeck who could barely win his last fight and was absolutely destroyed by Haye years ago at cruiserweight so s he better than Haye? No he isnt Haye destroyed him so why is Wlad fighting him and not Haye in a much bigger rematch?

I hope Chisora can beat Vitali but tbh he has no chance. Fury beat him and Fury would not beat Vitali. More pointless fights from the Klichkos who will not take on the biggest challenges which is something Haye does.

Haye would have more creibility if he fought his way back to the summit instead of mouthing off for rematches that he doesn't deserve.

Super D Boon

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:00 pm

What has mormeck done or Chisora have they done more to earn a shot than Haye?? I dont think they have Chisora lost to Fury who is worse than Wlad imo and Mormeck is old and has not won any big fights at heavyweight how is that doing more than Haye is was a world champion at heavyweight and an undisputed cruiser champ the Klichkos have even fought Sam Peter 3 times has he done more than Haye??

Haye loses one fight to the number 1 heavyweight and now guys who Haye and Fury have beaten deserve a match more? This does not make sense to me Haye is far better than Chisora and Mormeck and would be a much better fight who wants to see Wlad beat up Mormeck who is looking for a payday?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:20 pm

My opinions:

1. Chisora probably doesn't deserve a title shot under normal circumstances, but the current HW scene isn't normal circumstances. As a few have pointed out, you might be tempted to express outrage at the matchup, but when you really look at it, there's not much else left. Opponents have either been beaten by Vitali already, are unwilling to fight, or are downright terrible.

2. Vitali will destroy Chisora. A classic Klitschko breakdown and 8-10 rd TKO

3. That WBC list is embarrassing.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:21 pm

Waingro wrote:What has mormeck done or Chisora have they done more to earn a shot than Haye?? I dont think they have Chisora lost to Fury who is worse than Wlad imo and Mormeck is old and has not won any big fights at heavyweight how is that doing more than Haye is was a world champion at heavyweight and an undisputed cruiser champ the Klichkos have even fought Sam Peter 3 times has he done more than Haye??

Haye loses one fight to the number 1 heavyweight and now guys who Haye and Fury have beaten deserve a match more? This does not make sense to me Haye is far better than Chisora and Mormeck and would be a much better fight who wants to see Wlad beat up Mormeck who is looking for a payday?

Yes.

Peter actually gave Wlad a decent fight first time out. Haye didn't.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 pm

Peter got absolutely destroyed by Vitali and quit on his stool and then he fought Wlad after and was destroyed again as we all knew he would be he also turned up out of shape. His first fight with Wlad was many years ago what did he do after Vitali destroyed him to deserve to face Wlad? Vitali has never fought Haye why should Wlad beating him be counted for Vitali too??

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Maybe I am missing something but my understanding was Haye was made an offer for a fight in March and was given a deadline of December 10th to take the offer, he chose not to so Vitali has moved on. Vitali is champion, Haye is challenger, Vitali does not have to go cap in hand to him, if he does not want the title back and a shot at redemption struggle to see how Vitali can be blamed for that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by oxring Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Waingro wrote:What has mormeck done or Chisora have they done more to earn a shot than Haye?? I dont think they have Chisora lost to Fury who is worse than Wlad imo and Mormeck is old and has not won any big fights at heavyweight how is that doing more than Haye is was a world champion at heavyweight and an undisputed cruiser champ the Klichkos have even fought Sam Peter 3 times has he done more than Haye??

Laugh

Yep. The Kbros are surely ducking Haye.

Remind me of Haye's record at HW Waingro? What has he done at the weight to be considered better than Peter?
oxring
oxring

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Waingro wrote:Peter got absolutely destroyed by Vitali and quit on his stool and then he fought Wlad after and was destroyed again as we all knew he would be he also turned up out of shape. His first fight with Wlad was many years ago what did he do after Vitali destroyed him to deserve to face Wlad? Vitali has never fought Haye why should Wlad beating him be counted for Vitali too??

You asked if Peter did more than Haye did.

The answer is yes. Peter had Wlad on the floor a couple of times first time out and gave a good account of himself. Haye was a disgrace whose effort against Wlad was even worse than Brian London's against Ali.

Peter may have quit on his stool against Vitali, but Haye quit in the changing room against Wlad.

Last edited by HumanWindmill on Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:29 pm

Your following a line of logic there Jeff, Waingro has long ago transcended such notions.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm

So people think Chisora and Mormeck are better fights than Haye and have done more than him?? How does this make sense? Haye destroyed Mormeck years ago and Mormeck has done nothing at heavyweight Chisora is not even the best heavyweight in Britain Fury already beat him and Haye would destroy him so how have these guys done more??

Peter is out of shape the guy got knocked out by Hellenius who Chisora schooled this guy is not even in Chisoras class let alone Hayes does anyone think he would beat Haye?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:43 pm

The Klitschko's are understandably reluctant to arrange an immediate fight with Haye given the dominant (and frankly boring) nature of Wlad's victory over him. That's not to mention Haye's disrespectful attitude towards them during the buildup, and his ridiculous post-fight excuses.

I mean, it's a similar argument to what people are discussing with Chisora: After the Wlad fight if you'd have asked fans "do you want to see Haye fight Vitali?" you'd have got a resounding 'no'. Who's interested in seeing Haye go up against the bigger, stronger, and better brother of the man who defeated him? But, then once you think about it, it's really hard to come up with anyone else more deserving. Once Adamek was destroyed and Helenius exposed then you're right back to talking about Haye again. Ironically, Walngro is probably right about one thing: Haye probably still is the most accomplished/deserving challenger (perhaps it's maybe Povetkin given the fact that he's at least still undefeated). But, it doesn't sit well with fans to see a mouthy fighter like Haye to get a title shot straight after performing like he did.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:44 pm

What is wrong with this site my articles wont post?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:46 pm

Vitali offers Haye a fight, Haye turns it down, Vitali is ducking Haye.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:47 pm

rowley wrote: Vitali offers Haye a fight, Haye turns it down, Vitali is ducking Haye.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable conclusion to me. Laugh

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Waingro wrote:What is wrong with this site my articles wont post?

That would be the automatic ' potential for sensible discussion ' filter kicking in, Waingro. It's very high tech, and we got it at a very good price. Some might even say it was a robbery.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:49 pm

Dass wrote:
rowley wrote: Vitali offers Haye a fight, Haye turns it down, Vitali is ducking Haye.

Seems like a perfectly reasonable conclusion to me. Laugh

Just wish Tina was here, beginning to understand why I am the sidekick, this is all too much for me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:50 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:

That would be the automatic ' potential for sensible discussion ' filter kicking in, Waingro. It's very high tech, and we got it at a very good price. Some might even say it was a robbery.

What do you mean? My article was on how can robberies be stopped in boxing is this not allowed?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:53 pm

Ah Windy you just robbed me of the entertainment of seeing how that phantom post would evolve.

Jeff you need to go take a lie down in your tights and let Tina converse with the intellectual posters like our Waingro.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Waingro Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:02 pm

Why are people using insults there is no need?

My point is why is Wlad against Mormek or Vitlai against Chisora better fights than Vitali against Haye I dont see how these guys have done more than Haye they are not in his class why do people want to see these fights instead of Haye v Vitali or Hay v Wlad in a rematch? Some people do not like Haye that is there opinion but who thinks Mormeck or Chisora would beat Haye or have a better chance against one of the Klitchkos this is my point?

Waingro

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Waingro wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

What do you mean? My article was on how can robberies be stopped in boxing is this not allowed?

You'll find it on the main page, mate. We just borrowed it for a while. Nobody took it.

No robbery, I assure you.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:13 pm

Waingro wrote:Why are people using insults there is no need?

I wouldnt let it get to you mate. There are a few clicky people on here as there are with all forums and like me you are a bit off the wall so people will always have something to say like they do with me

Better to be hated for who you are...than loved for who you are not

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:23 pm

My point is why is Wlad against Mormek or Vitlai against Chisora better fights than Vitali against Haye I dont see how these guys have done more than Haye they are not in his class why do people want to see these fights instead of Haye v Vitali or Hay v Wlad in a rematch? Some people do not like Haye that is there opinion but who thinks Mormeck or Chisora would beat Haye or have a better chance against one of the Klitchkos this is my point?

No one is suggesting that Chisora or Mormeck are better than Haye, its just that most people feel that Haye should fight his way back into contention rather than just jump into another title fight immediately after a one sided loss. One or two victories against fellow contenders would put him back on the radar and do wonders for his reputation and confidence.

You mentioned earlier that Sam Peters was not deserving of his 3 fights against the Klitschko's. Yet you fail to realise that Peters won several fights (including title fights/title eliminators) in between those 3 losses.

Nobody is stopping Haye doing this and nobody is forcing him to retire. Its all up to Haye to rectify his defeat and set the record straight. The Klitschko's shouldnt be held responsible for Haye's reluctance to do so.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Haye is retired.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:28 pm

I think Chisora will actually do quite well. He needs to get his weight down to around 17 stones and I think he will have a chance of causing an upset, as there are not many fighters who have the ability to fight on the inside against Vitali..

I feel Chisora needs another couple of bouts before he is truly ready (he beat that Finnish guy, so please let's stop going on about consecutive losses) but props to him for taking a title shot when the opportunity has arisen. He probably will not get the decision, but I think he'll do a lot better than heavyweight boxers of the recent past against the K Bros.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:52 pm

This is horrible for heavyweight boxing.

Best of luck too Chisora and like ATG says, he needs to get his weight down.

The fact this fight is happening says everything about the division.

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:54 pm

Waingro wrote:So people think Chisora and Mormeck are better fights than Haye and have done more than him?? How does this make sense? Haye destroyed Mormeck years ago and Mormeck has done nothing at heavyweight Chisora is not even the best heavyweight in Britain Fury already beat him and Haye would destroy him so how have these guys done more??

Peter is out of shape the guy got knocked out by Hellenius who Chisora schooled this guy is not even in Chisoras class let alone Hayes does anyone think he would beat Haye?

its shocking mate , the klits handpick easy fights for themselves , it should be vitali haye but something tells me vitali is not as keen on the haye fight as he likes to make out !

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:56 pm

I cant say this is exactly something im going to look forward to but its still a fight I guess involving someone from the Isles and wont be on that late assuming its in Germany

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:00 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Chisora wins. I believe his style will give Vit some uncomfortable moments. Easier fight for Wlad but Vit is believing in his own hype and displaying some arrogance also. He has not been tested since his return and wonder how he will react to someone pressuring him.

But as the fight is in Germany Chisora will have to KO him to lose via split decision.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:15 pm

Personally I think this fight should go ahead. Heres why:

* What made Vitali decide to fight Chisora?

Call it a sense of responsibility

* Responsibility, how?

Well, someone has to teach this young fellow how to box Ukrainian style

* Is Chisora a little inexperienced to be in the same ring?

Some folks have to learn the hard way

* No knockout prediction from Vitali?

He's not angry with him. He just wants to show the world that Finchley doesn't have all the best athletes

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

chisora is going to be taught a hard, painful lesson. This will be embarrasing

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Vitali will batter the lad.

The only chance he has is if Vitali rips his rotar cuff muscle again and has to retire.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:18 pm

I dont see how Vit will batter Del boy. Unless that is del comes in like he did against Fury. A fit and motivated Del will handle himself very well and also Vit is looking past him. I maintain that Del's movement and style will give Vit serious problems.

It will not be a one sided beatdown as many are claming. Vit is old and sliding down.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by ian_jamsie Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:29 pm

Del boy got battered by Fury. Even an old vitali would beat fury at a canter.

Also that "old man" can still throw 60 punches a round. Not sure I have ever seen Chisora do that.

ian_jamsie

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:45 pm

ian_jamsie wrote:Del boy got battered by Fury. Even an old vitali would beat fury at a canter.

Also that "old man" can still throw 60 punches a round. Not sure I have ever seen Chisora do that.

Errr, Del lost. He didn't get battered. A fit and motivated Del beats Fury. But that's another thread. Vit will always beat Fury. Fury is perfect for Vit.

The Chisora who 'lost' to Helenius would give Vit issues. Vit isn't much faster than Helenius. He has a better jab and punch output hence I believe he will win. But Chis will be there in R12 trying to win. It wont be an anhilation as many claim. Del will give a very good account of himself.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by zx1234 Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:55 pm

can only think of 1 or 2 more deserving of a title shot, it might interest the more casual fan aswell

zx1234

http://www.footballbetting365.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:06 pm

zx1234 wrote:can only think of 1 or 2 more deserving of a title shot, it might interest the more casual fan aswell

It will interest the british fans and no one else imo.

I wonder what type of contract Chis signed.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2