The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If anyone is interested..

+6
milkyboy
jimdig
mobilemaster8
Derbymanc
kingraf
3fingers
10 posters

Go down

If anyone is interested.. Empty If anyone is interested..

Post by 3fingers Thu 12 Jun 2014, 8:43 pm

Over the coming weeks I'll be attempting to write a set of basic boxing instructions for absolute beginners regarding footwork and a number of footwork drills. The plan is that once the drills are complete, and mastered, I will write a set of punches which will match each individual foot movement. I'll be happy to post them here when I'm finished If anyone is interested.

It would be much appreciated if anyone can come up with some power endurance/metabolic conditioning circuits and post them here.

I've just finished one...

1st exercise followed by a 20m sprint. Then its onto the 1st exercise plus 2nd exercise and then 20m Crawl. After that its 1st + 2nd + 3rd exercise etc...

1. Power cleans x 10
Sprint
2. Power cleans x 10 plus Medicine ball slams x 10
Crawl
3. Power cleans x10 plus Medicine ball slams x 10, plus box jumps x 10
Sprint
4. Power cleans x 10 plus Medicine ball slams x 10 plus box jumps x 10 plus clap press ups x 10
Crawl
5. Power cleans x 10 plus Medicine Ball Slams x10 plus Box Jumps x 10 plus clap press-ups, plus Squat Split Jumps x 10
Sprint
6. End

If you try it let me know how it goes because I won't be giving it to the lads for another three weeks.

Cheers

3fingers

Back to top Go down

If anyone is interested.. Empty Re: If anyone is interested..

Post by kingraf Thu 12 Jun 2014, 8:50 pm

Could we swap ideas as well? Always love discussing conditioning, which is what actually brought me back to boxing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu 12 Jun 2014, 8:54 pm

If you've got anything regarding training kids i'll have a look. Moston and Collyhurst have had to stop training under 8's due to a lack of funding :-(

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 12 Jun 2014, 9:16 pm

Raf, im happy to listen to ideas because im more of a skills coach than a conditioning coach.

Derbymanc, I've never taught kids before. I'm a bit of a disciplinarian/task master and I know kids need a completey different approach, theyve got short attention span and need fun.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 12 Jun 2014, 9:29 pm

This is simply an anaerobic workout - I lifted the general idea from an online site, but it works a bomb.

1) One mile jog to warm up.
2) 6 x 400m sprints (or 8, or 10, or 12 depending on how many rounds you're training for)
6x 200m sprints
6x100m sprints
3) 800m warm down.
1st week - two minute breaks between sprints, but the idea is to cut it down to 60 seconds.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:12 pm

Bloody hell King! Sprints to be conducted back to back negative breaks?

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Thu 12 Jun 2014, 11:41 pm

400m thats about 15 laps of the gym I guess! Heres a simple sprint pyramid.

Warm up
200m sprint
1min jog
300m
1min jog
400m sprint
1min jog
500m 'sprint'
1min jog
400m sprint
1min jog
300m sprint
1min jog
200m sprint
Cooldown

What I'm after is some high intensity power endurance circuits. I think I'll look at some cross-fit circuits but the only problem is the moves are complicated for beginners so they risk injury.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 13 Jun 2014, 7:54 am

6 x 400 meter sprints? Or 8 or 10 or 12 or are you crazy? With 60 second break. That will end up jogging pace, or more likely for me with a heart attack.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 13 Jun 2014, 8:33 am

You the blade runner?

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:14 am

Heres a simple circuit its called a ton up challenge. Works better if you have a white board or have preprinted laminate sheets and a white board marker.

The idea is to complete 100reps of 10 exercises.

The exercises can be done in any order.

You dont have to do 100reps straight off, but exercise must be done to the nearest 10.

....For instance, you could do 60 push-ups followed by 40 squat jumps followed by 30 Abs, followed by 10 shuttles then go back and do 20 push-up. Like i say, any order just as long as you do 100.

Because you aren't doing 100reps of one exercise straight off, you need someway of recording your progress to keep track of where you are.

Draw a grid 11 by 11.

In the first column write ten exercises down the page, on the top row write
x10, x20, x30......x90, x100 across the page.

.....when choosing exercises its best to have 3 upper body, 3 lower body, 3 abs and 1 shuttle. This is so you dont over fatigue one body part, for instance when your upper body is tired you can move onto a leg exercise.

When you complete a number of exercises you mark it on the grid.

The idea is you have a group of people competing against each other to complete the grid. First to to complete it is the winner (no one stops training untill they've completed the grid).....or if you are doing it as an individual you record your time and try to beat it next time.

Derbymanc, If you have a white board and you've got say 8 kids doing the circuit give each a different coloured pen, or assign them a shape to draw on the grid.

For example johnny is square, tom is circle, chris is a cross etc. This allows them all to use the same grid. Another benefit of using a whiteboard is that to some degree you can see if kids are cheating when recording their progress.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 13 Jun 2014, 9:58 am

jimdig wrote:6 x 400 meter sprints? Or 8 or 10 or 12 or are you crazy? With 60 second break. That will end up jogging pace, or more likely for me with a heart attack.

Its the internet Jim. Raf and fingers are a pair of 60 year old virgin lard arses who still live with their parents and only leave the house to sign on and pick up their benefits.

At least that's what I tell myself as it makes me feel better about being a 40 something virgin lard arse who lives with his parents......

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:08 am

Could be worse milky, I wish I was a virgin, it'd get me out of having to change Poopie nappies.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:36 am

milkyboy wrote:
jimdig wrote:6 x 400 meter sprints? Or 8 or 10 or 12 or are you crazy? With 60 second break. That will end up jogging pace, or more likely for me with a heart attack.

Raf and fingers are a pair of 60 year old virgin lard arses who still live with their parents and only leave the house to sign on and pick up their benefits.

Why did you have to out me like that?

Let me dream Milky.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:37 am

Hmm, I did that wrong.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 13 Jun 2014, 10:41 am

jimdig wrote:Could be worse milky, I wish I was a virgin, it'd get me out of having to change Poopie nappies.

I use reverse psychology Jim. I like to give the impression of being a 40 something porky nerd, when Infact I'm a ripped hunk in my late 20's who's dashing good looks are bettered only by his charm wit and intelligence.

This is the only place where I can get temporary respite from the burdon of responsibility that perfection brings.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:21 am

Milky 'Lumbering Coxy' boy.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:54 am

...Did I mention scratch golfer, junior international cricketer and hung like a diplodocus?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 13 Jun 2014, 12:56 pm

I have never really understand the faux modesty and self depreciating style of humour,  It just reminds me of Hugh "Isn't it funny how much of a ditz I am" Grant being interviewed.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:01 pm

Strongback wrote:I have never really understand the faux modesty and self depreciating style of humour,  It just reminds me of Hugh "Isn't it funny how much of a ditz I am" Grant being interviewed.

In all fairness you also struggled with the concept that Alan Partridge was a comedy character. Maybe comedy is just not your thing.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:03 pm

Haha lads - you obviously don't start with 6x400m. In the same way you don't start with a six rounder.Logic dictates that your times will slow down, but that's fine as long as you're giving it 100. Sprints are great as they mimic the anaerobic activity which is boxing, but they also force the body to produce human growth hormones, which aid recovery, and help strengthen and grow muscles.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:10 pm

Rowley wrote:
Strongback wrote:I have never really understand the faux modesty and self depreciating style of humour,  It just reminds me of Hugh "Isn't it funny how much of a ditz I am" Grant being interviewed.

In all fairness you also struggled with the concept that Alan Partridge was a comedy character. Maybe comedy is just not your thing.

Surprised you weren't chomping at the bit to get in there with your humble fat boy jokes.

Maybe you just missed the context of the comment that was made quoting Alan Partridge.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:17 pm

Does that mean jeff is also a pseudo intellectual? It can be quite a lonely existence and it would be nice to have some company.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:18 pm

Strongback wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Surprised you weren't chomping at the bit to get in there with your humble fat boy jokes.

Maybe you just missed the context of the comment that was made quoting Alan Partridge.  
Or maybe Rowley's bang on the money when he suggest you are a humourless tw*t....

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:19 pm

superflyweight wrote:Does that mean jeff is also a pseudo intellectual?  It can be quite a lonely existence and it would be nice to have some company.    

Can I be both a pseudo intellectual and a music snob Super, am happy to help out, but don't want to spread myself too thin. (there must be a humble fat joke in there somewhere)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 13 Jun 2014, 1:22 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Does that mean jeff is also a pseudo intellectual?  It can be quite a lonely existence and it would be nice to have some company.    

Can I be both a pseudo intellectual and a music snob Super, am happy to help out, but don't want to spread myself too thin. (there must be a humble fat joke in there somewhere)

I was called "elitist" by a friend of mine last week. It was the nicest thing that anyone has ever said about me. I find I have enough time to cram that in with the old pseudo-intellectualism.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down