The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter.

5 posters

Go down

Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter. Empty Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter.

Post by doctor_grey Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:16 pm

Just what you are thinking - Just what you all really wanted were some life lessons from a screw-up like me.

Well, I am posting the article but I am neither the lesson giver nor author here. A nice eulogy by Rick Reilly, an American sportswriter mostly for ESPN I presume, on the occasion of his retirement from writing. To me the poignance of the article comes from the short stories he tells about key people who impacted his life. And how chance opportunities with people can mean everything in some cases, if the opportunity is taken. .

I know I have numerous stories in my background like his only the protagonist is dumber and the adviser so much wiser by comparison.

Good read: http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/11049946/rick-reilly-last-column

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter. Empty Re: Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter.

Post by MrsP Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:36 am

Great read.

And so true. Anyone who thinks kids, or adults, just learn how to play sport from playing sport are missing the point!

Thanks Grey.

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter. Empty Re: Lesson In Life From an American Sportswriter.

Post by rodders Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:42 am

Thanks for sharing Doc.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

Doc, I don't know if I mentioned that I teach boys with Social, Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties? Well, every lesson today began with reading this article and they all loved it. One lad when asked why said,"Dunno. It's just a beautiful piece of writing."
Thanks Doc. OK clap

p.s. check the latest on Your Match.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Wed 18 Jun 2014, 9:47 am

I'll get past the fact that Reilly has become one of the worst American sports personalities, offensive to pretty much everyone and wrong a large percentage of the time (I'll blame this for him working with "the Evil Empire" who have corrupted many good people) to say that I enjoyed the article, shame he couldn't do more of that in recent times.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down