The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Open Championship Thread: Tee Times

+27
BlueCoverman
John Cregan
4putt
lorus59
1GrumpyGolfer
Plunky
skiddy
ralphjohn69
Scottrf
JAS
Shotrock
AlciG
EmmDee57
Diggers
pedro
Davie
beninho
mystiroakey
MustPuttBetter
incontinentia
super_realist
sportform
GPB
I'm never wrong
sirbenson
SmithersJones
kwinigolfer
31 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Open Championship Thread: Tee Times - Page 6 Empty Open Championship Thread: Tee Times

Post by kwinigolfer Mon 14 Jul 2014, 3:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.theopen.com/en/TeeTimes.aspx

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Open Championship Thread: Tee Times - Page 6 Empty Re: Open Championship Thread: Tee Times

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:34 pm

Jack Dee is Nine Chins.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Open Championship Thread: Tee Times - Page 6 Empty Re: Open Championship Thread: Tee Times

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:38 pm

Woods played the first two holes the mental capacity Shotrock usually ascribes to Sergio.
Joe LaCava should give Stenson Tiger's driver to snap over his knee.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by skiddy Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

its hard to understand how somebody whos played so much links golf could play the first hole like such a moron

skiddy

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:41 pm

77 for Rory.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:43 pm

I'd prefer he snapped it over Nine Chins head.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:47 pm

Did Darren Clarke just slim down or what? Like a straw in the wind.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:48 pm

pedro wrote:77 for Rory. 

hopefully then back him at a nice price

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:48 pm

pedro wrote:Did Darren Clarke just slim down or what? Like a straw in the wind.

9 inches off his waist in 6 months- good going!!

Maybe a gastric band ???

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:49 pm

pedro wrote:77 for Rory.

How many for the second nine? :P

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:53 pm

Come on Padraig! fight to make the weekend!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:01 pm

Olesen has the best (-3 after 7) round on the course.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:14 pm

cut has to go to +3

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:32 pm

Lowry still in it kiss 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:34 pm

incontinentia wrote:Lowry still in it kiss 

Yep the 1 unders are well in this

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:40 pm

Did any one just see those old idiots in fancy dress?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:42 pm

Batman and Robin's?
Nearly as poorly dressed as Fowler.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Fri 18 Jul 2014, 3:57 pm

super_realist wrote:Did any one just see those old idiots in fancy dress?
The Scots? laughing 
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 4:24 pm

David Howell ties Rustin Jose for leading Englishman . . . . .
Nice round from Robbie Karlsson also.

Conditions getting easier apparently, +4's have no chance unless the wind starts howling again.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 4:39 pm

The Japanese players seem to have even less charisma than Woods. I didn't believe it possible.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 5:02 pm

Given the rubbish year for British sport, would Pubehead actually stand a chance of winning SPOTY if her were to pull this off?

It takes a truly dreadful year for a golfer to win, so this could be it, if he doesn't win a major, then who on earth would win SPOTY? No one has done anything.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 5:14 pm

I'm sure Mac will be putting his oar in for Hamilton . . . . if he wins the F1 Championship anyway.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 5:25 pm

Hamilton is a particularly unlikeable and smug individual. F1 is even less of a sport than Golf. Don't think he'll win the F1 championship though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 5:42 pm

At this rate, Westwood and the rest of the 3 overs will be home for the weekend.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 5:58 pm

72 players inside 3 over.

3 need to mess up.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:29 pm

If the Irishman backs up, lots of talent waiting to pounce.

But, I don't look for either to happen.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:33 pm

Northern Irishman did you mean?
Or were you referring to Shane?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:33 pm

super_realist wrote:Given the rubbish year for British sport, would Pubehead actually stand a chance of winning SPOTY if her were to pull this off?

It takes a truly dreadful year for a golfer to win, so this could be it, if he doesn't win a major, then who on earth would win SPOTY? No one has done anything.

I think Rors would deserve it -Golfers allways get overlooked.

But you forget Lewis Hamilton- odds on to win the championship

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:34 pm

Nine Chins Laugh

I should have taken that MC bet.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:35 pm

super_realist wrote:Hamilton is a particularly unlikeable and smug individual. F1 is even less of a sport than Golf. Don't think he'll win the F1 championship though.

ok someone mentioned him.

If he doesnt win it will be a huge disappointment as he is the superior driver- He can only lose with bad luck

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:35 pm

You know, the one that's representing Ireland in the Olympics.

Yes, that could be Shane -- but not likely!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:37 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
super_realist wrote:Hamilton is a particularly unlikeable and smug individual. F1 is even less of a sport than Golf. Don't think he'll win the F1 championship though.

If he doesnt win it will be a huge disappointment as he is the superior driver- He can only lose with bad luck

Who cares, he's a fanny and F1 is simply an engineering competition. Rubbish.

He's certainly a better driver than Nine Chins though. Surely one of the worst drivers when it matters in Golf.

On another note, I do find it irritating when a commentator refers to something in golf as being "scary". Shut up, it's golf, there's nothing remotely scary about someone hitting it a long way, or their swing speed, or how high they hit it.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:39 pm

Shotrock wrote:You know, the one that's representing Ireland in the Olympics.

why do you care- he already said he would represent GB anyway. Why do you Americans have such an avid interest in this nonsense?

He shouldn't be pressured into anything. If he ends up playing for Ireland - that's what it would be from(pressure). Because he has allways felt British and he allways mentioned that throughout his life- Maybe his new agent has turned him . I dont know. But it would be really sad if he ended up playing for ireland due to pressure from others

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:40 pm

super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

He's certainly a better driver than Nine Chins though. Surely one of the worst drivers when it matters in Golf.

fanny- I would like to see you drive one of them things!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:41 pm

mystiroakey wrote:

why do you care- he already said he would represent GB anyway. Why do you Americans have such an avid interest in this nonsense?

He shouldn't be pressured into anything. If he ends up playing for Ireland - that's what it would be from(pressure). Because he has allways felt British and he allways mentioned that throughout his life- Maybe his new agent has turned him . I dont know. But it would be really sad if he ended up playing for ireland due to pressure from others

Oakey, you might have missed it, but Pubehead came out the other week saying he wanted to represent the land of the buckled shoe, lucky charms and ginger hair.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:43 pm

mystiroakey wrote:
super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

I'm sure I couldn't, but the sheer lack of depth in the number of drivers that can win it, by virtue of who makes the best 2 cars makes it a worthless competition in my book. THe rest of them might as well be on the bus.

Last edited by super_realist on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:
super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

I'm sure I couldn't, but the sheer lack of depth in the number of drivers that can win it, by virtue of who makes the best 2 cars makes it a worthless competition in my book.

This year yes- but sadly we know what happens to golfers.

they get forgotten about

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

super_realist wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:

Oakey, you might have missed it, but Pubehead came out the other week saying he wanted to represent the land of the buckled shoe, lucky charms and ginger hair.

well there you go then- changed his mind due to pressure.

its really quite sad

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:46 pm

Mysti -- Why do "you Brits" not follow the news?  Smile  

It was in all the papers! Some more reading pleasure ...

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/golf/stephanie-joins-rory-mcilroy-in-ireland-olympic-choice-30427952.html

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 6:50 pm

Charly hull for gold.

And Poulter in that scenario is a dead cert for Gold. He loves being part of a team.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:06 pm

I "read the papers".
The only article in my morning paper about The Open was one half-page dedicated entirely to one man, no other golfer mentioned.
You know the one, just made the cut.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:08 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:I "read the papers".
The only article in my morning paper about The Open was one half-page dedicated entirely to one man, no other golfer mentioned.
You know the one, just made the cut.

Not like American media to be insular Kwini. Laugh

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:11 pm

Ok I read up on it- I feel sorry for Rory- basically he got a load of hate mail for making comments that he would pick GB as he felt more british than irish. BUt thankfully him and Gmac said we dont want to decide and Ireland stated that they had to play for Ireland because they had at amatuer level  and the R&A said fine. Otherwise Rory would have probably just pulled out entirely

No sour grapes from me. No need for the social media abuse- he wont get that from the Brits.

and this way we get more brits playing in the Olympics(like its even important anyway!!)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:13 pm

I didn't realise that was the story Mysti, how very childish and small minded of the Irish, but then again, they've got plenty of form. Run

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:18 pm

To be fair the same thing happened with the welsh rugby player that captained wales and the Britsh and Irish Lions. He said he felt British- One of there MP's went crazy having a go at him- Even though his parents are english!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:29 pm

Kwin - Keep reading ... come Monday I suspect you'll be reading about a Rory victory. Putting a beat down on this field.

Tiger's +5 for the day among the worst -- at least the worst of those who will be playing the next two days. Weekend off for some of the local boys.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:34 pm

I thought Nine Chins might deliberately c0ck up the last so he could get away. His driving is an utter shambles. He could have been in contention if he'd left it in the bag.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:44 pm

Shotrock,
Let's hope so, a British victory from Rory or an Irish win for Shane.
Would be thrilled with either one.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:46 pm

I cant see anyone touching Rors.

he has this sown up. Never said that since woods back in the day after 36 holes.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:49 pm

Sad news about Bob Torrance

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Fri 18 Jul 2014, 7:50 pm

I wouldn't give Rory the title just yet....I think there is a 63/64 available

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next