The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The human windmill - favour required.

+27
Scottrf
terryaki01
Gentleman01
azumah HOF
hampo17
aja424
milkyboy
trottb
3fingers
Strongback
owen10ozzy
Sugar Boy Sweetie
kingraf
Union Cane
John Bloody Wayne
88Chris05
Rowley
Hammersmith harrier
bellchees
Pedro147
Derbymanc
JabMachineMK2
TopHat24/7
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
jimdig
Adam D
31 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

The human windmill - favour required.  - Page 3 Empty The human windmill - favour required.

Post by Adam D Thu 31 Jul 2014, 10:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

As many of you will remember, when this site was set up, I asked the poster on here called the human windmill to be responsible for the boxing side of things.

As you all know, he didn't just take ownership of the boxing site, he gained the respect of every single poster in this section. He spent a huge amount of time keeping this place going.

Over time, Simon and I became friends and he let me know about his illness which eventually claimed his life. During the last few weeks of his life, I began talking to his wife and we still keep in touch since his death. Unfortunately, since Simons passing, she has found things tough financially and has had to resort to selling some of Simons boxing memorabilia to make ends meet.

The reason for this message is that she has asked me to see if I can find a buyer for a particular collection of Simons. So I thought I would post it on here to see if the posters on here are interested in buying the item in question. Please only make serious offers for the item - I don't want to make an already sad situation worse by giving Simons widow false hope.

The item in question is described by Elisa below:
collection of boxing cards. it's 50 cards from W.A. & A.C. Churchman. I don't know which year they are from but they must be at least 60 years old.

Simon always said that collectors would love to have them.

I will post a picture tomorrow of the cards in question. I have no idea of their value or what she would like for them. But if you are interested please drop me an email with your interest to boxing@v2journal.com

Thanks for reading and hopefully we can not only help Simons widow but also get a really nice collection for someone.  

A

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The human windmill - favour required.  - Page 3 Empty Re: The human windmill - favour required.

Post by Windy Fund Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:23 pm

Just a quick one - I wont be able to send the account number details over until the morning.

I have just realised that the bank card has the sort code and 16 digit number on it but not the actual account number.

SO to the three who have already PMd, I will respond in the morning.

Thanks

A

Windy Fund

Back to top Go down

The human windmill - favour required.  - Page 3 Empty Re: The human windmill - favour required.

Post by Guest Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:27 pm

JFNCC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Aug 2014, 3:41 pm

Are we disclosing donation amounts and donator details.......??

Shame/peer pressure can be a powerful motivator.....  devil 

Basically, we all want to see if Strongy is going to back up his chat and drop some serious cash on this!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:03 pm

Any of you guys earning London rates should be able to subsidise everyone else. Also, Tina will match our combined donations.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:09 pm

Adam, if I send you a £1000, to your account in Lagos, will you send me £20,000 back next week? If so I'm in. What are we without Trust in our fellow man.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:19 pm

superflyweight wrote:Any of you guys earning London rates should be able to subsidise everyone else.  Also, Tina will match our combined donations.  

Haha

well, according to Strongy, it's Dublin that's really flying so he should be putting in more than anyone!

With you on the latter point though......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:55 pm

Might be worth tweeting that picture out to some of your star contacts adam

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 07 Aug 2014, 4:56 pm

Let em know its for a good cause too, and if anyone is interested then she might get a very good price for it.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Aug 2014, 5:33 pm

As a Bradford lad, I don't actually carry any money with me and currently operate a bartering system whereby goods are obtained in exchange for letting people stroke my whippet (which ISN'T a f*cking euphemism!).

I'm not sure how this will work with PayPal. Will I have to create some kind of Yorkshire tamagochi type app?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Aug 2014, 5:37 pm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH brilliant idea.

Why don't the Mods use their connections/friendship with Eddie Hearn and get him to put the word out there? That way, we get a great deal more interest and, more importantly, when Eddie comes across looking like a decent bloke, STRONGY will have to f*ck off with his constant rants and put-downs

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 08 Aug 2014, 8:47 am

Just a quick one - I have sent a email to the people who have contacted me so far (4 in total).

Thanks again for the kind gestures.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 08 Aug 2014, 9:22 am

Adam D wrote:Just a quick one - I have sent a email to the people who have contacted me so far (4 in total).

I was only joking about the 'name and shame', but I think an update every now and then of total raised and number of contributions would be nice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Windy Fund Fri 08 Aug 2014, 9:32 am

I wont give an update on who has contributed what.

I don't really want to give a total figure as we go either, due to the fact that it might put people off donating if they think they cant afford much or that enough is raised already (if that makes sense).

Ive had another couple donations this morning so thank you for that.

I will give a total at the end - I will leave this open until the 18th before closing the book so to speak.

Thanks again for the support so far. You really are an incredible bunch. I will still ban you mind if you act like dicks

Windy Fund

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 09 Aug 2014, 12:49 pm

More than happy to donate but don't like the idea as is...

Windy was a proud man with much to be proud about...Have no doubts his Wife is the same....I imagine she wouldn't want a whip round...

I think we should all donate and the total amount is attributed to a poster who will get in touch with Adam at a future date as to his acquisition of the item she is selling..

Said poster never does...His Mrs rightfully keeps the cards and proud Lady doesn't think she gets a lump of money for nothing..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 09 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

Happy to do that.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 09 Aug 2014, 1:11 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:More than happy to donate but don't like the idea as is...

Windy was a proud man with much to be proud about...Have no doubts his Wife is the same....I imagine she wouldn't want a whip round...

I think we should all donate and the total amount is attributed to a poster who will get in touch with Adam at a future date as to his acquisition of the item she is selling..

Said poster never does...His Mrs rightfully keeps the cards and proud Lady doesn't think she gets a lump of money for nothing..

Trussy talking some sense, whatever next  Smile Just kidding big fella, think this is a cracking idea.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 09 Aug 2014, 1:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:More than happy to donate but don't like the idea as is...

Is this the industrial psychologist coming out in you?

I agree though. The thread is very well meaning but I suggest taking it down now as it has served it purpose, the board are informed, privacy and all that. Discussion on purchasing the cards could be done by PM from now on.

Just my tuppenceworth.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 09 Aug 2014, 11:44 pm

F'king ell truss. Great idea. Good man.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 11 Aug 2014, 9:51 am

Just a update.

We have 8 people who have contacted me regards contributing with some generous amounts.

The only reason I am bringing it up is that some people stated they wanted to contribute but haven't been in contact yet. No problems if you no longer want to - just thought I would highlight it in case you forgot.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 2:51 pm

Bump.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Aug 2014, 2:58 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Bump.

Im so so so sorry mate. When are you having your breast screening done? Would you like a few contributions to your medical care?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:07 pm

Nope. My insurance covers private medical care, thanks for the offer though  kiss 

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:10 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Nope. My insurance covers private medical care, thanks for the offer though  kiss 

Good. I was going to have to rent out onetwos arrishole to wandsworth to make the money - by the time i had enough your grandchildren would have died of old age

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:

Im so so so sorry mate. When are you having your breast screening done? Would you like a few contributions to your medical care?

Hope the machine is big enough...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:

Hope the machine is big enough...

We'll get one for each boob

Edit

That way you could use it to screen for toe cancer when you are done

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:17 am

Just a final reminder for this.

Could all 8 of the people who have donated please make sure that you have transferred the money across now - if there is a problem, then please let me know so that I am not harassing the bank manager for the missing transfer! Can everyone please drop me an email to confirm one way or the other to boxing@v2journal.com

If anyone else wants to chip in, no matter how small, please can you get in contact ASAP.

Thanks again all.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

Just a quick update on this.

I have received the money from all those who have pledged.

I am still waiting on one transfer which is happening and one other who I am waiting to hear if they have intending on transferring.

From the 8/9 people who donated and with the v2 donation, we have raised £250 for Windys widow (possibly £270 depending on the last donator).

So a big thank you to you all - I will be contacting her shortly and I am sure we will hear back.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3