The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

which international side has the best test match spin attack?

+7
gboycottnut
Hienrich
SB
MR. scotland27
GG
sonic_boom10
Liam_Main
11 posters

Go down

which international side has the best test match spin attack? Empty which international side has the best test match spin attack?

Post by Guest Tue 24 May 2011, 7:30 pm

here is every test playing countries spin attack which side do you think has the best one?

India: Harbajhan and Ojha

South Africa: Harris and Tahir

Sri Lanka: Mendis and Herath

England: Swann and Panesar

Australia: Haurtiz and Smith

Pakistan: Ajmal and rehman

New Zealand: Vettori and Patel

West Indies: Benn and Bishoo

Bangladesh: Razzak and Shuvo

I personally think pakistan do but what do you all think?

Back to top Go down

which international side has the best test match spin attack? Empty Re: which international side has the best test match spin attack?

Post by Liam_Main Tue 24 May 2011, 7:46 pm

Mine would be Sri Lanka. Mendis and Herath have more than once changed matches with there bowling. Bowl well in tandem aswell.

Cause big threats for any side and are Englands concern when going into the test series.

Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

which international side has the best test match spin attack? Empty Re: which international side has the best test match spin attack?

Post by sonic_boom10 Tue 24 May 2011, 8:45 pm

You would have to say Pakistan, but neither are stand out, but are decent as a pair.

But you have to factor in other sides have a collection of spinners eg India and Sri Lanka.

Harbhajan, Ojha, Mishra, Ashwin & Chawla

Randiv, Mendis & Herath

On the note of Mendis, he a shadow of the bowler he was back in 2008 and he doesn't spinner the ball!!!

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by GG Thu 26 May 2011, 9:34 pm

I'd say Bangladesh with Shakib and Razzak and Pakistan are the best

GG

Back to top Go down

Post by sonic_boom10 Thu 26 May 2011, 9:42 pm

GG wrote:I'd say Bangladesh with Shakib and Razzak and Pakistan are the best
Razzak averages over 60 in Test cricket

sonic_boom10

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Fri 27 May 2011, 5:25 pm

I like to watch Tahir for south africa but I've never rated harris (what about duminy?) but I would probably have to go with pakistan.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by SB Fri 27 May 2011, 11:31 pm

If only Vettori was ten years younger and found that he had a British passport and linked up with the England side - Vettori and Swann would be some double act!
SB
SB

Back to top Go down

Post by Hienrich Tue 31 May 2011, 8:05 pm

England

Hienrich

http://www.ukamericansportsfans.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Tue 31 May 2011, 8:35 pm

Hienrich wrote:England

One man quality attack!
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hienrich Tue 31 May 2011, 8:39 pm

MR. scotland27 wrote:
Hienrich wrote:England

One man quality attack!

Swann is the best spinner in the world...I mean lets go through it -

Sri Lanka - Mendis can be good, can be awful
Herath - ordinary

South Africa
Harris - rubbish
Tahir - quality, but as yet unproven
Botha - chucker

West Indies
Bishoo - prospect

Pakistan
Ajmal - probably the second best after swann

Australia
Who knows - any promising backyard spinners out there?

Bangladesh
Shakib - decent, no more
Razzak - good
Others are all average

India
Harbhajan - c**p no flight, no turn such a disappointment after the prospect of 2001
Ojha - pie chucker, destroyed by IPL like most Indian spinners.

Hienrich

http://www.ukamericansportsfans.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Tue 31 May 2011, 8:45 pm

I was agreeing but I still think if you are a quality leg spinner like Tahir your always going to get a lot of wickets because it is different to what batsmen are used to facing, and it is easier to have more mystery about you.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Tue 31 May 2011, 11:26 pm

Australia surely must have the best spin attack in the world at present with the deadly trio of Michael Beer, Xavier Doherty and the new Richie Benaud Steve Smith. These 3 spinners famously showed their amazing spin bowling skills during the recent ashes series, notably in the Adelaide test and in the final test at Sydney.

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 01 Jun 2011, 2:36 pm

as far as I am concerned, Graeme Swann is the best spinner in the world right now. when it comes to an attack, I really don't see any real combenation like those of old days. Kumble and Harbhajan was brilliant, and Murali and Mendis, even though it didn't last long, was terrific. but otherwise no present side include 2 absolute quality spinners. the OP forgot Shakib Al Hasan who's the leader of the Bangla attack. Suhrawadi Shuvo hasn't even found a lasting place in the test side, although I believe at his FC record is much better than that of Razzak. Bangladesh has more spinners in their rank than that of any other international side. Shakib and Mahmudullah always make it, and then there is Razzak, Shuvo, Naeeam Islam, and a few others.
but because Swanny's quality, I'd say England.
Pak attack did well against WI, but Ajmal has been far too inconsistent, and Rehman is not even a regular pick. he's there because of Kaneria's troubles.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by gboycottnut Wed 01 Jun 2011, 10:29 pm

msp83 wrote:Pak attack did well against WI,

Any spin attack would cause this current West Indies batting lineup problems, even the Australian spin bowling one!

gboycottnut

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 02 Jun 2011, 10:25 am

even Hafeez was played as if it was Warne/Murali/Kumble all combined bowling.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuce Mon 28 Nov 2011, 1:24 am

Ashwin and Ojha played well in India on their spin friendly pitches, let us see how they bowl in Australia.

Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 6:18 pm

Deuce wrote:Ashwin and Ojha played well in India on their spin friendly pitches, let us see how they bowl in Australia.
Played well on their spin friendly pitches? There was little or no turn in either Calcutta or Bombay... Delhi was hardly turning square either.

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Deuce Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:35 pm

42 wickets between them in 3 test matches (albeit against WI) does suggest helpful pitches. They probably will not get anywhere near that in 4 test matches in Australia.

Deuce

Back to top Go down

Post by Demon Racer Mon 28 Nov 2011, 8:45 pm

Deuce wrote:42 wickets between them in 3 test matches (albeit against WI) does suggest helpful pitches. They probably will not get anywhere near that in 4 test matches in Australia.
Well I would say it was West Indies poor playing of spin that resulted in the Indian spins getting soo many wickets. Some of the wickets that Ojha and Ashwin got where near enough to be charity!!! Well I can only see India playing 1 spinner Down Under, so if either Ashwin/Ojha get 40+ wickets, somethings seriously wrong with the Aussies!!!

Demon Racer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Mon 28 Nov 2011, 10:40 pm

WI can't play spin, that's nothing new, so it's not altogether surprising Ashwin and Ohja did well. But you can only do well against what's put in front of you, and they certainly did that. Would expect them to do less well in Aus as Aus are better players of spin, and the pitches are less friendly. Last Ashes only pitch which did anything was Adelaide on days four and five. Sydney was disappointing in that respect. Also finger spinners tend to struggle there as a rule.

Will be interesting.

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down