The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular??

+12
manos de piedra
TRUSSMAN66
Olefaithful
Steffan
fearlessBamber
Rowley
Fists of Fury
Mind the windows Tino.
ncfc_Tooze
DoubleD22
Valero's Conscience
Seanusarrilius
16 posters

Go down

Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular?? Empty Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular??

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 May 2011, 2:31 am

David Haye, the Hayemaker. Of course i want him to topple the big man Wlad.

But

He is making him more likable. He is also looking vey very nervous in the build up to this fight. He is nervous in front of the camera, he is kind of boring too and miserable. Wlad looks great, is really funny and winning a lot of people over.

Is anyone losing confidence in Hayes ability to wn this fight? I am a little i have to say.

Still like to see Wlad blasted out in 5 of course. Haye has to get him out early if he is to win IMO. But Wlad is winning me over a little.

How does everyone see the prep going for the fight? What do we read into it, or does it even matter? I am sure Ai was pretty worried before Foreman but we all know how that went. Will Haye's fear spur him on to victory or is it the slow jab death for Haye?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular?? Empty Re: Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular??

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 25 May 2011, 8:01 am

Haye has been the same with the Klits for years so if you liked him in the past, I can't see why anyone's opinion would change now.

I would put Wlad as a 60/40 favourite but Haye has speed and power, both what Wlad won't like.

Problem is Wlad will adopt the same completely boring style for the whole fight i.e. jab jab on the back foot and occasionally spring into life. He's even admitted by saying he's going to drag it out till the late rounds and knock Haye out to punish him. He's just given his excuse now for fighting boring and defensive.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular?? Empty Re: Haye and Wald pre fight. Are Hayes actions making Wlad more popular??

Post by DoubleD22 Wed 25 May 2011, 8:16 am

Im not reading too much into it to be honest. I think haye is just knuckling down to his training, he has got the fight hes wanted now so there is no need for any extra hype or attempts to shake up Wlad. If anything i am more confident now as he seems to just have his head down focusing on the task ahead. 50/50 for me, all depends how Haye starts if he starts slow and eats some jabs i fear it could be a klitchko jab fest. If he starts explosive and never lets Wlad get into his comfort zone or a rythm he certainly has the power to stop him.

I am also warming to Wlad quite a bit his hand shake jokes on ringside were admitedley pretty funny! but im still hoping for Haye to KO him in the first half of the fight.

All in all i think regardless of how Haye acts in the prep for this fight people are going to warm to Wlad he seems a genuine guy and does come across well in interviews, with all that said i will be there and will be hoping for a Haye KO early on and a big night out in Hamburg to celebrate!

DoubleD22

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 25 May 2011, 8:30 am

For me Wlad is coming over with a more down to earth attitude and seems mort likable than Haye

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 May 2011, 8:54 am

Seanusarrilius wrote:David Haye, the Hayemaker. Of course i want him to topple the big man Wlad.

But

He is making him more likable. He is also looking vey very nervous in the build up to this fight. He is nervous in front of the camera, he is kind of boring too and miserable. Wlad looks great, is really funny and winning a lot of people over.

Is anyone losing confidence in Hayes ability to wn this fight? I am a little i have to say.

Still like to see Wlad blasted out in 5 of course. Haye has to get him out early if he is to win IMO. But Wlad is winning me over a little.

How does everyone see the prep going for the fight? What do we read into it, or does it even matter? I am sure Ai was pretty worried before Foreman but we all know how that went. Will Haye's fear spur him on to victory or is it the slow jab death for Haye?

Sean, in all honesty, does it really matter how popular Wlad becomes as a result of Hayes actions? The fight is in Germany where Wlad is enourmously popular anyway. I can't really see how it makes any difference come fight night. The majority of the crowd will be pro Wlad anyway and I would like to think Haye would try and use this to motivate himself.

They are probably both nervous in equal measures but I don't really think we can read too much into the bulid up so far. Maybe at the weigh-in there might be obvious signs of distress from one of them but I can't really see it. They will both be fully prepared and confident and all the bulid up, no matter who has "won" this side of the game, means little when the bell rings.

I have never had that much confidence in Haye to win anyway! Don't get me wrong, I would love him to break up the Klitschko duopoly, and I obviously I think he has a chance but I see Wlad as a heavy favourite. Haye can KO Wlad if he gets inside and lands on his chin but that is easier said than done. There has been a few comments on the board regarding Hayes power been unproven at heavyweight, but, in my opinion, he doesn't have to be Shavers to KO Wlad, and I would think he does carry enough dig to take Wlad out of there...but, he is equally likely to be hurt himself and I see Wlad keeping him away using any means possible before either stopping him late or winning a wide UD.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 25 May 2011, 9:11 am

Guys, hasn't the Degale Groves buildup where Groves was 'scared' etc taught you anything? Once fight night arrives, all that has gone before is meaningless.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 May 2011, 9:32 am

Fists of Fury wrote:Guys, hasn't the Degale Groves buildup where Groves was 'scared' etc taught you anything? Once fight night arrives, all that has gone before is meaningless.

Fists, generally this is case but the history of the sport is littered with boxers who have "got in the head" of their oppo throughout the build up and subsequently had a very real impact on the fight.

A recent example is Audley Harrison v Haye. I got the distinct feeling during the build up that Audley was getting increasingly nervous and come the weigh in, and especially during the ring introductions he looked terrified and this manifested itself in his abysmal performance. Of course, I could be reading that completely wrong but that's how it looked to me anyway!

But in this instance, I agree with you, I don't think the build up to Haye v Klitschko means a thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Wed 25 May 2011, 9:48 am

I agree there are some cases Tino, but I don't see that happening with Haye, I think he has proven against Valuev that he can go into the lions den against a significantly bigger man and keep his cool.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 May 2011, 9:53 am

I don't infer too much into the build up because I think a lot depends on the fighter and what they take from it. Remember Benn used to put huge stock in it and always claimed he could tell at a weigh in whether a guy fancied it and the confidence he carried into the ring was adjusted accordingly. However Holmes always claimed it was cliched BS of no interest to him.

Think generally though Haye should attempt to tred a little more carefully because whatever you think of him Wlad is coming across well in the build up, intelligent, articulate and classy IMO. Continually bating such a guy can only serve to make you come across as boorish.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 May 2011, 9:59 am

rowley wrote:I don't infer too much into the build up because I think a lot depends on the fighter and what they take from it. Remember Benn used to put huge stock in it and always claimed he could tell at a weigh in whether a guy fancied it and the confidence he carried into the ring was adjusted accordingly. However Holmes always claimed it was cliched BS of no interest to him.

Think generally though Haye should attempt to tred a little more carefully because whatever you think of him Wlad is coming across well in the build up, intelligent, articulate and classy IMO. Continually bating such a guy can only serve to make you come across as boorish.

"Boorish". Now there is a word that is not used enough these days.

Have a point from me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 May 2011, 10:03 am

I almost called him an oik but thought that made even me sound old.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 25 May 2011, 10:05 am

Wlad is coming across as a bit smarmy, a bit fake, a bit camp and rather manipulating to me.

All that business about pretending to be wounded about Haye's halfwitted t-shirt stunt ... he annoys me.

I don't like Haye, but have just crossed the threshold of liking Wlad even less - which is nice because you can really get behind the underdog.

Makes no difference though because Wlad will take Haye apart and then treat us to his torturous nice guy routine where you can actually see the cogs of his brain turning behind his pupils.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 10:53 am

He insult Wladimir. He insult Vitali. He insult good name of family Klitchko. He have heads of Klitchko brothers on shirt. He refuse to shake hand of Wladimir and say he gonna beat up both Klitchko. Wladimir very angry and he gonna punish David Haye in boxing ring Germany.

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 May 2011, 2:06 pm

rowley wrote:I almost called him an oik but thought that made even me sound old.

boorish isn't making you look much younger rowley but we will let you off mate haha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 May 2011, 2:08 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:
rowley wrote:I almost called him an oik but thought that made even me sound old.

boorish isn't making you look much younger rowley but we will let you off mate haha

Maybe I can start finish my sentences with innit or saying nuff instead of enough, am sure that will fool people

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 25 May 2011, 2:17 pm

rowley wrote:
Seanusarrilius wrote:

Maybe I can start finish my sentences with innit or saying nuff instead of enough, am sure that will fool people

I tink U R GR8 Rowley. Tyson B the BOMB.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Olefaithful Wed 25 May 2011, 2:35 pm

good point about Hayes antics, I am a Haye fan but if you compare this fight to Groves v DeGales.

Haye is DeGale and Groves is Wlad.

Haye should take a look at Groves behaviour and the reaction he got from rthe crowd whilst DeGale got a chorus of boo's!!

I hope Haye wins but I'd love him to show abit more respect. i can be abit cringworthy sometimes....

Olefaithful

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 2:42 pm

At the end of the day it's a Brit vs a Eastern bloc fighter fighting out of Germany....

Support the Brit...anyone over here wanting Vlad to win is a disgrace..

Back your own..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 May 2011, 2:44 pm

i am backing haye Truss, of course i am. I am just interested to see what people think of the build up and whether there is anything to read into it, not like were going to see his sparring or anything

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 2:45 pm

No but some on here want Vlad to win...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 25 May 2011, 3:12 pm

I honestly dont think Haye cares. He looks focused to me.

This isnt really a domestic showdown whereby opinions here will be split and are up for grabs. I think Haye and wlad both know that the vast majority of Britain will be behind Haye and the vast majority of Germany behind Wlad. Wlad has probably enhanced his reputation and image over here and made Hayes depictions of him look a bit silly but I honestly dont think he expects many people in Britian to be behind him at all. I think his aim was just to increase his overall profile in Briatain in a positive way and I thinks hes probably done that.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 25 May 2011, 3:19 pm

Lets face it, once the winner's arm is rasied nobody's gonna care who came across better in build up.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 May 2011, 3:39 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Lets face it, once the winner's arm is rasied nobody's gonna care who came across better in build up.
Agreed, it's Haye's in-ring antics that I'm more concerned with

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 4:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:At the end of the day it's a Brit vs a Eastern bloc fighter fighting out of Germany....

Back your own..

But lets not forget Truss us British are all European at the end of the day. UK, Germany, Ukraine we all cone under the same banner...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 25 May 2011, 4:13 pm

Steffan wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:At the end of the day it's a Brit vs a Eastern bloc fighter fighting out of Germany....

Back your own..

But lets not forget Truss us British are all European at the end of the day. UK, Germany, Ukraine we all cone under the same banner...

Some of us aren't always unfurling it to bore people senseless, though.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 May 2011, 4:14 pm

Well as you hate the English....I'm sure you'll want Vlad to win.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Wed 25 May 2011, 4:15 pm

Steffan wrote:

Back your own..

Also, if you're a picobrained bigot, you can support Wlad, purely because he's not 'English'.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 25 May 2011, 4:15 pm

i find that a bit disappointing Truss, i for one want haye to flatten him, heres hoping.

John Bloody Wayne

The point i am trying to make (somewhat unsuccessfully) is can we read anything into it. Some fighters get spooked b4 big fights and it does make a difference when they ge tint here. Some are defeated completley beofre they even get int he ring, rememeber its a sport of v small margins when it comes to mistakes. I am asking 'doees wlads apaprent calm and confidence and humility and humour versus Hayes grouch and tickly throat when talking and refusals to engage mean he is overly worried or too high strung with adrenilin?' Will it affect him come fight night. PErsoanlly i think haye reacts well to fear, i think he is scared and he was v valuev and hell fight better because of it, i think haye will never bottle it, i think hell need to ko wlad inside 6-8 to win this fight becaue he burns a lot of nervous energy but i also feel he can do that if he catcheswlad even twice. Two good bags and wlad is staggered. now WHAT DO U THINK? other than once a hand is raised it wont matter. bit obvous

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Wed 25 May 2011, 4:16 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
Steffan wrote:

Back your own..

Some of us aren't always unfurling it to bore people senseless, though.

I personally couldnt care who wins. If the Klits does he will just fight a few a more punchbags then retire and Haye said he is retiring win. lose or draw anyway. Its gonna be a good fight to watch but the outcome wont change heavyweight boxing either way if we are all honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 25 May 2011, 4:17 pm

I agree, Steffan.

No strength in depth among the heavies, I'm afraid.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed 25 May 2011, 5:47 pm

Wladimir for me is trying his best to "act" as the nice guy. He is trying to comeover as friendly and unfazed by the previous taunts and nonsense from Haye.
But if you watch closely you can see his guard drop at times and I believe he is boiling over underneath. Seemed to switch from friendly to annoyed quickly on the recent Ringside episode.

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by WelshDevilRob Wed 25 May 2011, 5:48 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:I agree, Steffan.

It could be on it's way but we have the 2012 Olympics 1st. Very Happy

WelshDevilRob

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Wed 25 May 2011, 6:12 pm

WelshDevilRob wrote:

Fingers crossed, mate. Another Lennox, Foreman, Frazier or Ali would be nice.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 25 May 2011, 6:33 pm

HumanWindmill wrote:
WelshDevilRob wrote:

Fingers crossed, mate. Another Lennox, Foreman, Frazier or Ali would be nice.

On the other side of the coin though we could just have the next Audley,does well at the amateur game but just can't cut it at the pros.

Would love another Frazier or Ali though I would agree.
Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down