The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 11 Results

Go down

Week 11 Results Empty Week 11 Results

Post by Afro Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:09 pm

Bremen:
Bremen 2-0 Palermo
Petersen, Maher

No tactics from Ol’Toothy

Bremen Good Point: Using Vilhena to try and control the game was good, really playing to Vilhena’s strengths. Good scouting of the opposition.

Bremen Bad Point: Think the midfield 3 would struggle together and some more presence is needed. The right hand side looks much weaker than the left and should be a clear target for your opposition

Basel:

Montpellier:

Basel 2-3 Montpellier
Aduritz, Campbell; Origi, Remy 2

Two very contrasting formations, but two equally attacking approaches. Both teams really went at each other and goals were always going to come. In the end I felt that the players in the Montpellier team were better to fulfil the roles asked and to be able to cope with the onslaught better. Was tempted by the high scoring draw, but the better XI for Montpellier just swayed me.

Basel Good Point: 3 at the back is really tricky to pull off and you need to have the right players to play it. Felt your wing backs were perfect for it though and definitely one to keep persevering with. I could also see Stocker working well at AM.

Basel Bad Point: I think you need two better partners for Lovren, and better CMs if you continue to playing 3 at the back.

Montpellier Good Point: Quality throughout the XI and I particularly like the front 3, which would cause real trouble for most defences. A real good balance of pace and flair, and the more physical presence.
Montpellier Bad Point: Whilst decent enough, improvement alongside Pirlo will be needed soon if you aren’t to be left behind. Also looking at your bench, perhaps strength in depth lacking a bit

Genk:

Verona:

Genk 1-2 Verona
Depay;  Sturridge, Zarate

Genk started off on the front foot applying pressure to the Verona defence who struggled to get out of their own half and Shaw who had space down the left found Depay roaming off Umtiti stabbing it past the keeper . As the game restarted the Verona side found some composure and kept Genk at arms length, Genk still the instigators but Verona were able to stop them causing danger. The hardworking midfield of Verona were quick to break attacks and get the ball to Zarate or Sterling who ran at the heart off Genk and played in Sturridge who's superior pace got them an equaliser.

The second half started with Genk getting balls to the quick attack but they seemed out of ideas to break down the defence, too much speed and not enough Guile. Long had a long day as he was kept under wrap by Reid. As the game went on Genk started to take more risks leaving gaps at the back and the interchanging Zarate and Sterling worked again as they took the lead. Straight after Genk made changes but the replacements were not on the ball despite Aranguiz trying he was overworked in midfield.

I think Genk tried to change too mutch and should have played their natural game. I'd also say that Verona had the better side and sometimes it's the players that win the game rather than tactics not saying tactics were poor. GSC listened too my feedback last week and worked on weaknesses.

Genk Good Point: Very good FB probably best pairing in the league.
Genk Bad Point: I don't think the side is good as it's league position changes are needed.

Verona Good Point: Sterling and Sturridge are going to cause problems for anyone and the Henderson addition has improved them, personally my favourites for the title next season.

Verona Bad Point: Henderson has addressed any potential problem in midfield, just general upgrade next season.

Bordeaux:
Twente:
Bordeaux 2-1 Twente
Jese, Bojan; Clasie

Two not disimilar set-ups and instruction. Both sides targetted the flanks, so that is where the game was won and lost. For me the Bordeauk full backs and wingers were better than the Twente ones, and the midfielders feeding the wide players were better.

Bordeaux Good Point: The side has a strong core from CB, CMs through to the CF, so will dominate a lot of games through that

Bordeaux Bad Point: Your keeper looks a weakness compared to the rest, whilst the left flank looks more in need of improvement than anywhere else.

Twente Good Point: As with Bordeaux, you have a decent spine to the side, with your strengths clearly through the middle.

Twente Bad Point: The wide areas and keeper need to be improved further. Although they are getting better, it still looks behind the other areas in your side. Also, your strong areas like CM still look a bit behind some of the other teams, if you want to be title challengers.

Getafe:
PAOK:
Getafe 2-2 Paok
Di Natale 2; Finnbogasson, Ninis

I found this a really intriguing game and it was impossible to separate them, PAOK went counter attacking, Getafe saw it coming. But such was the difference in pace for the two sides, it was difficult for the Getafe defenders to completely deal with it. But similarly Getafe played a more patient passing style and using the flanks, and that little bit of extra guile and quality in their players meant they had success too. Like I said hard to split, so a high scoring draw.

Getafe Good Point: Plenty of clever footballers in there, so easy for them to play attractive passing football.

Getafe Bad Point: A serious lack of pace throughout the side could you leave you horribly exposed against a strong, quick side.

PAOK Good Point: Plenty of pace and flair in the final third, which will make it very difficult to defend against you

PAOK Good Point: The defence and midfield is lacking that little bit of extra quality that some of the other sides have got, and it's not a strong enough base for you to rely on, for your attacking players to win you the games.
Afro
Afro

Back to top Go down