The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toulon v Stade

4 posters

Go down

Toulon v Stade Empty Toulon v Stade

Post by Neutralee Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:29 pm

Anyone catch this?

It was a pretty exciting game, the problem with Toulons player numbers and diversity probably a factor in them looking like strangers last night, decent game I enjoyed.

I'll probably take flak for this from the Toulon fanboys but did anyone see the last minute? Nor did the Toulon bench or coaching team as they snubbed the Stade squad and shot straight down the tunnell to hide in the changing room before the final whistle!

Great show of disrespect there, probably made up for post game, but I thiink these guys need to remember there are a lot of fans and children in the stands who won't see the post match bonding, instead what they see is Toulons off pitch numbers turn their nose up at Stade and head for the hills.

Rugby is a game based on respect, win or lose you shake every mans hand, have a chat, acknowledge the crowd who came out AND paid good money to watch the game, not turn into soccer players type teams who think only of themselves and act like nothing matters but the result (And wage)!

Dissapointing

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Toulon v Stade Empty Re: Toulon v Stade

Post by VinceWLB Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:43 pm

Poor Toulon they had to play Carl Hayman in the 2nd row, they don't have enough money.

Why am i not surprised by lack of respect to the opposition, Toulon (and to a lesser extent the whole top 14) gives a bad name to rugby.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:50 pm

VinceWLB wrote:Poor Toulon they had to play Carl Hayman in the 2nd row, they don't have enough money.

Why am i not surprised by lack of respect to the opposition, Toulon (and to a lesser extent the whole top 14) gives a bad name to rugby.

I'm certainly not a toulon apologist, nor like the way the t14 goes about the sport, but it is fair to say the whole league isn't bad for rugby, i just dislike the superclub mentality 'If you can get away with it it's perfectly fine, ask my lawyer'!

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:06 pm

No this isn't bad for rugby lots of players from different countries can get pro contracts which is good for the sport worldwide but this isn't the right direction for rugby to go. During Toulon-Blues game last year at one point spectators started singing "La Marseillaise", there was more Frenchmen in the Blues' pack than there was in the Toulon's pack!

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:20 pm

That's sad to hear. Some of my club mates went down to Toulon to watch Tigers lose down in Toulon the other year. They said the atmosphere and the fans around them were excellent, very welcoming and we'll up for sharing a pint. In Clermont they ended up joining a group of French fans for a night out that included the Clermont band. Whilst at Ravenhill they were largely ignored and the local village idiot tried to start a fight with them at half time.

Needless to say when talking about away games this season the onus is on a revisit to France for them.

But harsh then to label the Top 14 as bad for rugby when they have so many fans and such great ones.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 am

VinceWLB wrote:No this isn't bad for rugby lots of players from different countries can get pro contracts which is good for the sport worldwide but this isn't the right direction for rugby to go. During Toulon-Blues game last year at one point spectators started singing "La Marseillaise", there was more Frenchmen in the Blues' pack than there was in the Toulon's pack!

Prolly not when they specifically employ 28+ year old former or current internationals It's not like they offer contracts for those without them, it's not aid

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 am

Anyone else see the yellow card too, poor poor decision!

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:05 am

Neutralee wrote:Anyone else see the yellow card too, poor poor decision!

Which one? The so called spear tackle or the earlier one?

JOC showed he's anything but a flyhalf. He wont be missed for sure

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Mon Sep 15, 2014 8:55 pm

whocares wrote:
Neutralee wrote:Anyone else see the yellow card too, poor poor decision!

Which one? The so called spear tackle or the earlier one?

JOC showed he's anything but a flyhalf. He wont be missed for sure

The 'spear'! that was a ridiculous call, the player made contact with the initial tackler, was never lifted but fell forward into a second tackler, who had him held at all times, and came down beneath the ball carrier At no point was the ball carrier a full metre off the ground! That is a crazy call that threatens the nature of the game!

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down