The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler)

+2
talkingpoint
Adam D
6 posters

Go down

Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler) Empty Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler)

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Sep 2014, 10:22 am

Last night, Impact recorded a show for a month down the line.

Aligning himself with EC3, Brodus Clay made an appearance. Not sure how it plays into the storylines, or whether its a long term deal but interesting none the less. On top of this, they have booked a NYC venue for tapings in Jan 2015.

Has TNA got a new TV deal if they are signing new talent and booking new tapings?

Is Brodus a good signing?

Will they be able to take a WWE nobody and turn them into something worthwhile like EC3, Taryn Tyrell and Bram?

Thoughts?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler) Empty Re: Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler)

Post by talkingpoint Wed 17 Sep 2014, 11:00 am

What happened to Ezekiel Jackson? He was only in like two episodes of impact! Maybe Brodus Clay is a short term signing or on a short term contract like Rhino and Dreamer. If he`s a permanent signing though, you could have him as an enforcer for EC3 to begin with then have EC3 turn on him and build him up as a destroyer leading into a match with Lashley for the world title sometime down the line and make it feel like a real heavyweight clash of the titans. But knowing TNA they probably won`t invest in a long build up like that.

As far as whether they have a new TV deal in place, apparently there are now 4 stations interested in them so I think they`ll manage to hash out a deal before the end of the year. One station is meant to be even bigger than Spike though of the wrong demographic for TNA, so I`m not sure what will happen but I`m confident TNA will be on TV in some capacity in 2015.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler) Empty Re: Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler)

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Sep 2014, 11:46 am

Ex-WWE star appears at latest TNA taping (spoiler) BxszHlACYAAooPd

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 17 Sep 2014, 11:51 am

I've always considered myself in a silent minority of enjoying Brodus Clay. I find him charismatic. I don't think he's ever going to put on a 20 minute masterclass of chain wrestling, but I think he can definitely get a good reception from the audience. I'd probably use him as the big guy in a tag team, who can clear house and bring some power and energy with a more high-flying colleague.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 17 Sep 2014, 1:07 pm

Prometheus wrote:I've always considered myself in a silent minority of enjoying Brodus Clay.  I find him charismatic.  I don't think he's ever going to put on a 20 minute masterclass of chain wrestling, but I think he can definitely get a good reception from the audience.  I'd probably use him as the big guy in a tag team, who can clear house and bring some power and energy with a more high-flying colleague.

Like Hernandez was used? It could definitely work and the tag team division does need bolstering; EY may be a good partner for him as EY has worked with big guys before as a tag team and it would give EY a new direction now he`s out of the main event. The pair could also pull off some great promos together. However, that would mean Clay being booked as a face and if he`s aligning with EC3 then it means he`s a heel. Conversely, I would fear that he would go the same way as Hernandez if they were to keep him in the tag team division, ultimately fading into obscurity as they run out of ideas for him.

I would use his size to build him up as a dominant face and try and make him into a marquee name in the company so that his eventual feud with Lashley feels like a big deal. TNA need to give some of their own talent a push into the main event and pull the trigger with them such as EC3 and Gunner but at the same time Clay is recognizable as an ex-WWE wrestler and might help draw a crowd especially if he`s booked strongly.

He could be put into feuds with MVP, Bram, Anderson, Joe and EY in the upper midcard to build him up and keep him away from the main event as Roode then EC3 and Gunner are given their time as world champions, before getting his title run and building up to a returning Lashley (should Lashley be used on a part-time basis with his Bellator career.)

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 17 Sep 2014, 1:09 pm

I always liked Clay aswell. Moved well for a big guy and like you said, was very charismatic. I like the idea of teaming him with someone smaller than him. Cant think of anyone in TNA who could be the perfect opposite compliment for him though. Manik maybe?

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 17 Sep 2014, 1:13 pm

Samo wrote:I always liked Clay aswell.  Moved well for a big guy and like you said, was very charismatic.  I like the idea of teaming him with someone smaller than him.  Cant think of anyone in TNA who could be the perfect opposite compliment for him though.  Manik maybe?

If it wasn't for the fact that Spud is layed out in the ring in the picture, I would have suggested him.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 17 Sep 2014, 1:15 pm

Adam D wrote:

If it wasn't for the fact that Spud is layed out in the ring in the picture, I would have suggested him.

Could team them up further down the line. Spud is a pretty under-rated talent, and he has bags of charisma that he and Brodus could use to their advantage.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Wed 17 Sep 2014, 2:07 pm

A Spud/Brodus team would be fairly easy to write imo: Spud having been betrayed by EC3 turns face and then convinces Clay that EC3 cannot be trusted and will ultimate betray him too. Clay decides to attack EC3 preemptively and sides with Spud.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Wed 17 Sep 2014, 5:07 pm

His name is The Monster BC

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Thu 18 Sep 2014, 4:49 pm

Well, Funkasaurus did sound a bit daft. Wink

Think Monster BC is a mistake as they already have "The Monster" Abyss.

"TNA Creative...you screwed up again!" steam

It'll be interesting to see how they use him. Given that TNA seems to be in a transitional period, I don't see him staying around too long.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 18 Sep 2014, 6:13 pm

I believe it's the monstrous BC

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 19 Sep 2014, 12:36 am

as long as it doesn`t become monstrosity BC steam

I doubt he will be a long term signing, but I hope his time is a positive one.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 19 Sep 2014, 12:59 pm

Hmm...think he'd make an awesome tag team with Abyss Monsters Inc. (Disney / Pixar lawsuit pending)

They'd definitely "monster" any and all opposition...

I'll get me coat...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Fri 19 Sep 2014, 2:37 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:Hmm...think he'd make an awesome tag team with Abyss Monsters Inc. (Disney / Pixar lawsuit pending)

They'd definitely "monster" any and all opposition...

I'll get me coat...

Yeah but which one would be Sully and which would be Mike? I think Brodus is the Mike of the partnership... Whistle

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by RinoGattuso Sat 20 Sep 2014, 3:40 pm

Its actually Tyrus.

RinoGattuso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down