The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot

2 posters

Go down

No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot Empty No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot

Post by talkingpoint Fri 19 Sep 2014, 5:52 am

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2014/0918/581140/viewership-up-for-this-week-tna-no-surrender-special/

TNA achieved their highest ratings since moving to Wednesdays with No Surrender drawing 1.11 million viewers. While some fans bemoan that they are giving away title matches for free on tv each week, it has to be said that they are currently trying to negotiate a new tv deal and so these are mitigating circumstances in many respects. I don`t think the product should be judged too harshly by those who denounce such booking.

These ratings must be a boost to the locker room as well as prove to prospective stations that TNA is a viable product with a fairly strong and loyal fanbase. It must be pleasing as well to Dixie that after being switched to Wednesdays at such short notice and very little advertising that TNA have managed to draw back their ratings to Thursday night levels, proving the product has potential on Wednesdays.

Once a new TV deal is secure TNA should look to address such short term booking problems but for now, I think they`re doing the right thing for the future of the product and proving that they can produce great television.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot Empty Re: No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot

Post by dyrewolfe Fri 19 Sep 2014, 1:16 pm

Thats good to hear...seems like TNA do have a loyal (if relatively small) fanbase.

For as long as I've been watching, they've had title matches on normal Impact shows, which is okay, but you can have too much of a good thing. Wouldn't mind if they made them less frequent and reserved them mainly for PPVs.

Hopefully the new TV deal will give everyone at the company the security needed to start putting some long-term plans in place and grow the brand (and the audience with it).
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot Empty Re: No Surrender draws highest rating since new Wednesday timeslot

Post by talkingpoint Fri 19 Sep 2014, 2:48 pm

I don`t have a problem either with having title matches on tv, especially if they wouldn`t be a marquee PPV quality main event (i.e. EY vs Lashley) and progress a character or storyline (i.e. Lashley being a fighting champion and the destroyer). You can save the more marquee matches for the PPVs.

I really don`t know what will become of TNA`s Big 3 PPVs next year, BFG this year has had such poor build up (apparently due to the fact that Japan is about 5 weeks behind USA/UK in airing impact!). I thought it was a great idea at first to host BFG in Japan and build their international fanbase (the tickets have sold well despite the card not being announced) and I hope this does grow the product`s popularity in Japan. But really for their WM PPV they need to be able to book the card further in advance.

In one respect I wouldn`t have a problem with TNA becoming a purely TV based promotion who just focused on impact! with the free ex-PPV special shows throughout the year to anchor the storylines and feuds. Attendance has always been a problem for them (America! warning ) but if they could secure a studio to host impact! and focus on ratings, sponsorships/advertisements and merch sales to boost profit then I think that would be better for TNA and do more to break the reputation for being WWE lite.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down