The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Questions For Oscar Dela Hoya

+9
trottb
spencerclarke
TopHat24/7
ONETWOFOREVER
Mind the windows Tino.
88Chris05
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
13 posters

Go down

Questions For Oscar Dela Hoya Empty Questions For Oscar Dela Hoya

Post by hampo17 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 1:52 pm

Just got off the phone with Stefan Friedman, he is the PR guy for Oscar at Golden Boy. I have managed to secure a Q&A with Oscar, so if you have any questions for him post them here.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Questions For Oscar Dela Hoya Empty Re: Questions For Oscar Dela Hoya

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

Excellent work Mate..

Ask him If has nightmares about the Trinidad fight...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:11 pm

Having seen those pictures of him in lingerie...is TRUSS one of his inspirations?

This obsession with beating Floyd...I appreciate the man is a first class TWUNT but really Oscar, can't you just let it go and satisfy yourself with the knowledge that he's one of the most despised people walking the planet?

SRR moved up to challenge Joey Maxim for the LH title and is widely respected and revered for it even though he lost, should Mayweather fight Golovkin to secure this self proclaimed "The Best Ever" tag? Could he win or should he just announce his next opponent is that woman from the hairdressers in Brixton?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:22 pm

GGG would be overrated If he lost...Stupid question

Ask him If he thinks weightjumping cost him a bigger legacy ...Does he think in retrospect he'd be better thought of... If he'd cleaned out a division regardless of the calibre of the opposition there

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:22 pm

Brilliant work Hampo, one hell of a coup for the place.

You changed trainers a lot in your career. Do you think this hurt you in any way?

As a promoter you have had fairly high profile spats with Bob Arum and more recently internally in GBP. The game is obviously known for being pretty cut throat, but has anything surprised you in terms of how tough the game is?

You had some extremely close decisions in your career, such as against Trinidad, Mosley and others. Looking back which of your losses do you feel you least deserved?

In a dream world without promotional differences or TV network issues which three fights would you most like to make in the world today?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:23 pm

You were an Olympic gold medal winner, huge star and multi-weight world champion at an exceptionally young age, which lead to you being called the new Ray Leonard. Do you think too much pressure was on your shoulders as a result of all that, and do you think that people just expected too much from you and therefore spent too much time lamenting over what you didn't achieve rather than celebrating what you did?

What do you consider to be the best performance of your career?

It seems that you and Bob Arum are slowly building some bridges again. What's it been like dealing with him again after so long and trying to get Golden Boy and Top Rank working together?

Let’s say you could go back and turn one of your controversial defeats (Trinidad, Mosley II) in to a victory, but it meant having to turn one of your controversial wins (Whitaker, Quartey, Sturm) in to a defeat. Which ones would you swap around, or would you leave your record as it stands?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:40 pm

Blimey, that's a good one. Well done Hampo.

I have two questions, and these are in order of importance.

1) My eldest child is directly named after you as you were one of my boxing heroes back in the day. Subsequently, those naughty pictures came out of you in fishnets. Are you prepared to offer me an apology for this as my son has to live with his name for a good few years till he can afford to change it.

2) You were quoted, when asked back in 2010 about rival promoters, as saying the following;

“We need to sign all the talent and get all the TV dates. Then you can have your own agenda and have a schedule for the fans and the sport. You can do a monthly pay-per-view, a bi-weekly HBO fight. You can have the best fighters fight each other. When you have five or six promoters, it’s very difficult.”

Do you still believe in a promoting monopoly or is competition amongst promoters a good thing to keep costs lower and quality higher?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Blimey, that's a good one.  Well done Hampo.

I have two questions, and these are in order of importance.

1) My eldest child is directly named after you as you were one of my boxing heroes back in the day. Subsequently, those naughty pictures came out of you in fishnets. Are you prepared to offer me an apology for this as my son has to live with his name for a good few years till he can afford to change it.

2) You were quoted, when asked back in 2010 about rival promoters, as saying the following;

“We need to sign all the talent and get all the TV dates. Then you can have your own agenda and have a schedule for the fans and the sport. You can do a monthly pay-per-view, a bi-weekly HBO fight. You can have the best fighters fight each other. When you have five or six promoters, it’s very difficult.”

Do you still believe in a promoting monopoly or is competition amongst promoters a good thing to keep costs lower and quality higher?

I'm sure he can look after himself if the stories of him kicking your ass on a regular basis are anything to go by...besides if anyone gives him any sh!t he can say "I was named after Oscar Wilde" so he won't get any stick at all being named after the great author, playwright, poet and homosexu...oh, wait a minute!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

1) My eldest child is directly named after you as you were one of my boxing heroes back in the day.  Subsequently, those naughty pictures came out of you in fishnets.  Are you prepared to offer me an apology for this as my son has to live with his name for a good few years till he can afford to change it.

You have no hope of them asking him that Tina. They were not even prepared to try and get my money back off Calzaghe for No Ordinary Joe.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 2:59 pm

Hugh is a better name

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 3:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hugh is a better name
It is if your son wants to get arrested paying for blowjobs from rough as f**k hookers

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 3:08 pm

Would he have to pay your Wife ???

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 3:10 pm

Well I do so no other f*cker is getting away with it

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 03 Oct 2014, 3:22 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Well I do so no other f*cker is getting away with it

Not what she tells me

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 3:31 pm

Brilliant coup, Hampo, well done!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Oct 2014, 3:41 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Not what she tells me
That's obviously a lie...it's a well known fact that you pay your Mum to blow you so I'm sure as sh!t you have to pay everyone else

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 4:05 pm

Thanks guys. Hope to have the Mosley one boxed off very soon, even put a question to him about his drug history thumbsup

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 03 Oct 2014, 4:42 pm

You fought just about all the top guys in your own era - so if you could pit yourself against any other fighter from before or since your own prime, who would it be, and why?

The best fight you've seen / personal favourite fight?

You fought at so many weights, but which weight class did you feel the most natural in?

Who would you describe as your closest friend in the sport?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:30 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

Not what she tells me
That's obviously a lie...it's a well known fact that you pay your Mum to blow you so I'm sure as sh!t you have to pay everyone else

You're disgusting, filthy and depraved....

like you're missus.

I would like to ask Oscar if he would admit that he actually lost his fight with Sturm?

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 03 Oct 2014, 5:56 pm

Well done mate!

Having been in the sport such a long time whats the biggest change to the sport you've seen?

What one improvement would you make to boxing?

Whos your tip for next super stardom?

Should you have made the pacman fight at a different weight?

Which fight do you wish you could have taken part in your career?

cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Sat 04 Oct 2014, 1:18 am

In the build up to the Mayweather - Alvarez fight you mentioned giving Canelo the blueprint to beat him. Where and why do you think he fell short?

Do you feel that you've been able to stick true to your initial principles and philosiphy that you set out with when starting Goldenboy, or have the pressures, of big business, and other obstacles (other promoters/fighters/organisations) been too great for you to get there?

What do you feel is the next great fight that needs to be made?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 04 Oct 2014, 9:56 am

Can anybody stop Haymon's rise to dominance?

How do you feel about Schaeffer now the dust has settled?

Was stamina the issue in the Mayweather fight?

What was the story behind making the weight/ rehydrating for the Pacquiao fight? Was it weight or one fight two many?

You always portrayed a very clean cut media image as a fighter. Was it difficult to maintain, always doing and saying what was perceived to be right things? Was it tough to live up to that media image as most young guys want to party and have a blast?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 04 Oct 2014, 10:23 am

What are your thoughts on the recent news that (essentially) a domestic grudge match is going to be shown on PPV in the UK?
Is it good for the sport as a whole and if so, why? (If not how come too?)

Do you ever worry about the state of boxing with the likes of PPV being so expensive (especially in the states,) and the terrible officiating that sometimes happens. Do you think this turns off potential new fans or instead gives fans more reason to talk about the sport?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 04 Oct 2014, 3:47 pm

Do you think there's a particular reason for why you despite being the A-side on quite a few fights, seemed to have the close decisions invariably go against you?

Does it sort of rankle that Mosley's second victory over you, the one he admitted to taking PED's for isn't a NC?

At some point in build up to the Paccy fight, you must have realised you weren't quite where you wanted to be. You're an intelligent man, did you enter the ring thinking if you're fighting the Paccy that beat Diaz, you were on a hiding to nothing?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 04 Oct 2014, 3:49 pm

I'm going to be sending this over tonight so you'll need to post them by 8pm.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 05 Oct 2014, 4:02 pm

What bra size are you?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content