The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing

+18
Standulstermen
justified sinner
Welshmushroom
ME-109
The Saint
No9
Artful_Dodger
whocares
VinceWLB
GoodinTightSpaces
Jenifer McLadyboy
asoreleftshoulder
MunsterMac
PenfroPete
Sin é
SecretFly
LordDowlais
Chunky Norwich
22 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing - Page 3 Empty Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 09 Oct 2014, 12:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Snigger. what a joke league:

Referee: Claudio Blessano (FIR)
Assistant Referees: Gary Conway, Dermot Blake (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Peter Ferguson (IRFU)
TMO: Seamus Flannery (IRFU)
World Domination: (IRFU)

Last edited by Chunky Norwich on Thu 09 Oct 2014, 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 13 Oct 2014, 5:58 pm

MunsterMac wrote:
No it was given against Jon Barclay, the openside for breaking his bind early. He was repositioning to give Pitman more cover on the break, but was still technically bound.

No I'm sorry but you are incorrect there. I was at the match and watched the highlights and it was clear that Phil Johns was the one penalised.

If you look at the video the ref even points directly to him and tells him why he pinged him.

Well your wrong on that one mate. I will give the hands off th8ng, but its 50-50. However the breaking bind was John Barclay, which is why it was so bizarre
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing - Page 3 Empty Re: Munster v Scarlets and this weekends pro12 refereeing

Post by ScarletSpiderman Mon 13 Oct 2014, 6:00 pm

I'm pretty sure I even heard the ref say John Barclay when he signaled the pen.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 13 Oct 2014, 7:07 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:I'm pretty sure I even heard the ref say John Barclay when he signaled the pen.

The BBC commentators said the reason he gave Munster a penalty was because Barclay readjusted his bind to give Pitman more space (turning his arse out).

The ref had a very good view of what happened it has to be said. My interpretation of it was that after Bind was called by the ref, Barclay must have released and then rebound which you might not see unless you were standing where the ref was.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Tue 14 Oct 2014, 9:43 am

But then again the IT has it down as a pen against Phil John.

As I said we'll agree to disagree but regardless it would be wrong to imply that poor though the ref was the 4 penalties he gave Munster at the start of the 2nd half were all 100% wrong and unjustified.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 14 Oct 2014, 10:21 am

MunsterMac wrote:But then again the IT has it down as a pen against Phil John.

As I said we'll agree to disagree but regardless it would be wrong to imply that poor though the ref was the 4 penalties he gave Munster at the start of the 2nd half were all 100% wrong and unjustified.

I think that we will have to agree to disagree 100% on the match mate, I guess somewhere between the Irish/Munster fans with their one eye, and the Scarlets/Welsh fans with their one eye, there may be the truth (and two eyes), but sure as hell fire neither side are going to change their opinion regarding the ref.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Tue 14 Oct 2014, 10:44 am

I just said in my last post that I thought the ref was poor.

And I agreed that I was perplexed by one of his decisions against the Scarlets at the start of the 2nd half.

However I don't agree that all 4 of the decisions the ref gave at the start of the 2nd half were completely unjustified and I don't agree that those decisions somehow sucked the life out of the Scarlets and was the main reason they lost the match.

I do try to be objective and fair but given some of the mild inaccuracies posted here by some Scarlet fans I think said fans are struggling with the loss and are flapping about blaming everything and everyone for the defeat except of course their own team.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 14 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

MunsterMac wrote:

I do try to be objective and fair but given some of the mild inaccuracies posted here by some Scarlet fans I think said fans are struggling with the loss and are flapping about blaming everything and everyone for the defeat except of course their own team.

Can't Wales fans have an opinion on the ref? Every other nation seems to be allowed to, yet Wales fans get slated for it.

Speaking as a non-scarlets fan, I thought the Italian ref started off well (if you scroll up you'll see how I commented this at the time of the match). By the 30 minute mark I think he totally lost the plot. For me, he got a few breakdown decisions wrong (where Liam Williams clearly won the ball before going off his feet springs to mind) and just about every scrum through-out the match. It seems he let the Munster crowd and players make a few too many decisions for him, also the scrum and breakdown are vital to getting a foothold in the game; both the areas he got wrong. I'm sure from now on both teams will want to see a better official in charge of their games.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 14 Oct 2014, 8:31 pm

Someone like Leighton Hodges, you mean. Whistle

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Oct 2014, 9:24 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Someone like Leighton Hodges, you mean. Whistle

Yeah he is woeful too, so being a cack ref doesn't discriminate by nationality
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:41 am

The Saint wrote:
MunsterMac wrote:

Can't Wales fans have an opinion on the ref? Every other nation seems to be allowed to, yet Wales fans get slated for it.

Speaking as a non-scarlets fan, I thought the Italian ref started off well (if you scroll up you'll see how I commented this at the time of the match). By the 30 minute mark I think he totally lost the plot. For me, he got a few breakdown decisions wrong (where Liam Williams clearly won the ball before going off his feet springs to mind) and just about every scrum through-out the match. It seems he let the Munster crowd and players make a few too many decisions for him, also the scrum and breakdown are vital to getting a foothold in the game; both the areas he got wrong. I'm sure from now on both teams will want to see a better official in charge of their games.

Your right, if you were a scarlets fan you would think he was doing well for the first 30 mins because most Munster fans thought he was biased against us. I guess you can't see the irony of your post

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Oct 2014, 10:54 am

Guys. The Saint, Mushroom, and Lord are all non-Scarlets fans, so they are neutral. They have given their neutral opinions. I think I only me and Chunky are Scarlets fans (of four or five left on this site) that have posted on this thread, so to be moaning about Scarlet bias when reviewing Belasso's performance seems to be lacking a bit of common sense, but hey-ho that is the way of things
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:06 am

They are welsh right?
Anyhow its over the ref wasn't great but he wasn't great for both. He blew Munster off the park the first half ( note reaction from crowd). He didn't give a clear penalty try in the second. At the end of the day scarlets weren't good enough..

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:17 am

ME-109 wrote:
The Saint wrote:
MunsterMac wrote:

Your right, if you were a scarlets fan you would think he was doing well for the first 30 mins because most Munster fans thought he was biased against us. I guess you can't see the irony of your post

The penalty count looked even at that point though, some also thought the try came from a forward pass (I couldn't tell), which also happened in the first 30?

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:40 am

ME-109 wrote:They are welsh right?
Anyhow its over the ref wasn't great but he wasn't great for both. He blew Munster off the park the first half ( note reaction from crowd). He didn't give a clear penalty try in the second. At the end of the day scarlets weren't good enough..

Ah so VinceWLB is Welsh as well? Anyway, feel free to have your opinions on the matter, that is the point of a debating thread.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 15 Oct 2014, 11:42 am

Opinions are welcome, I just don't see why the Welsh always have to get slated for giving theirs. Also have you noticed how in these kind of debates the Irish always tend to try and dig up mythical ref calls that went against them/could have cost them the game? It's pathetic.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:03 pm

Opinions are welcome, I just don't see why the Welsh always have to get slated for giving theirs.

I have no problem with opinions. I do however have a problem with blatant inaccuracies which is why I pulled up LordDowlis on his recount of the 'first 4 minutes of the 2nd half'.

Also have you noticed how in these kind of debates the Irish always tend to try and dig up mythical ref calls that went against them/could have cost them the game?

Examples?

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:06 pm

Examples?

This thread.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:17 pm

This thread.

More specifically?

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:20 pm

MunsterMac wrote:
This thread.

More specifically?

Comments from yourself and ME109 reacting to other comments on the Italian ref, IMO. I don't really want to delve that deeply into this though, I'm not overly concerned about it (unless that Italian takes charge of more league games in the future).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:26 pm

MunsterMac wrote:
Opinions are welcome, I just don't see why the Welsh always have to get slated for giving theirs.

I have no problem with opinions. I do however have a problem with blatant inaccuracies which is why I pulled up LordDowlis on his recount of the 'first 4 minutes of the 2nd half'.

Also have you noticed how in these kind of debates the Irish always tend to try and dig up mythical ref calls that went against them/could have cost them the game?

Examples?

MunsterMac, stop trying to be clever, within the space of 4 or five minutes Munster had 4 or 5 penalties, straight after the second half kicked off, I was trying to stay off this thread as the game has gone, but when people quote things without any evidence it pees me off, I cannot find a timeline for the game only for when scoring chances were taken or missed, Munster did have these kickable penalties, just because they went for touch instead does not mean they were not kickable, the only timeline I can find is this one:-

http://www.pro12rugby.com/matchcentre/live.php

In-between 42 and 48 mins Munster kicked three times at the posts, converting two, it does not say anything about the one or two they chose to go to touch with instead. So please stop trying to be clever, unless you can back it up.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:29 pm

Look guys this whole thread is getting us nowhere. Like I said earlier between the one eyed Munster/Irish view and the one eyed Scarlets/Welsh view (and accusations of such from both sides) we are just going to have page after page of "I am right you are wrong" with no facts supporting either side.

Lets save the aggro of going round in circles and just agree to disagree.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:36 pm

the Irish always tend to try and dig up mythical ref calls

When asked for specifics the best you can come up with is;

Comments from yourself and ME109 reacting to other comments on the Italian ref, IMO. I don't really want to delve that deeply into this though,

If you can't walk the walk Saint don't talk the talk.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:56 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Look guys this whole thread is getting us nowhere.  Like I said earlier between the one eyed Munster/Irish view and the one eyed Scarlets/Welsh view (and accusations of such from both sides) we are just going to have page after page of "I am right you are wrong" with no facts supporting either side.

I've rewatched the 2nd half with the Welsh commentary which is non-stop bitch about the ref.

What I saw is that Munster played territory in the 2nd half with the result that any infringements by Scarlets were consequential for them. They were warned about infringing in their own 22 by the ref. Scarlets had a huge number of errors (knocking on, dropping ball, poor kicks etc) and were unlucky as well with the bounce of the ball.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 12:59 pm

Sin é wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Look guys this whole thread is getting us nowhere.  Like I said earlier between the one eyed Munster/Irish view and the one eyed Scarlets/Welsh view (and accusations of such from both sides) we are just going to have page after page of "I am right you are wrong" with no facts supporting either side.

I've rewatched the 2nd half with the Welsh commentary which is non-stop bitch about the ref.

What I saw is that Munster played territory in the 2nd half with the result that any infringements by Scarlets were consequential for them. They were warned about infringing in their own 22 by the ref. Scarlets had a huge number of errors (knocking on, dropping ball, poor kicks etc) and were unlucky as well with the bounce of the ball.

I agree, the Scarlets did not help themslves with silly errors, but the Ref made his mind up as soon as he came out for the second half, and the penalty count in the first few minutes proves this.Anyway, this game is gone now, I am more focused on this weekends rugby.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:02 pm

Sin é wrote:

Your very own Shane Byrne was commentating on that game for BBC2 Wales as well though, was he bitching aswell ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:05 pm

Shane Byrne is a former Leinster player (who still bleeds Leinster) that was humiliated many times by Munster when he was playing Smile Wink

His Welsh co-commentator was in fullflow anyway, it would have been poor manners to contradict him.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:11 pm

MunsterMac, stop trying to be clever, within the space of 4 or five minutes Munster had 4 or 5 penalties, straight after the second half kicked off, I was trying to stay off this thread as the game has gone, but when people quote things without any evidence it pees me off, I cannot find a timeline for the game only for when scoring chances were taken or missed, Munster did have these kickable penalties, just because they went for touch instead does not mean they were not kickable, the only timeline I can find is this one:-

In-between 42 and 48 mins Munster kicked three times at the posts, converting two, it does not say anything about the one or two they chose to go to touch with instead. So please stop trying to be clever, unless you can back it up.

Your original statement was;

Within 4 minutes of the second half kicking off, he awarded Munster 4 kickable pens, that put the game out of reach for the Scarlets after a very closely encountered first half, that is one penalty per minute, all questionable,

Munster were given penalties on 40:55, 43:29, 45:16 and 47:15.

That’s 4 penalties in the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half which is one per 2 minutes.

Also the one given on 43:29 was given just outside Munster’s 22 about 80 metres from the Scarlet’s posts. Hardly “kickable”.

I’m not trying to be clever I’m trying to be accurate.

If people are willing to adjust or embellish ‘facts’ in order to make their point it is very hard to take anything else they say (about whether penalties were questionable or the performance of the ref for example) seriously.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:23 pm

MunsterMac wrote:

Your original statement was;

Within 4 minutes of the second half kicking off, he awarded Munster 4 kickable pens, that put the game out of reach for the Scarlets after a very closely encountered first half, that is one penalty per minute, all questionable,

Munster were given penalties on 40:55, 43:29, 45:16 and 47:15.
That’s 4 penalties in the first 8 minutes of the 2nd half which is one per 2 minutes.

Also the one given on 43:29 was given just outside Munster’s 22 about 80 metres from the Scarlet’s posts. Hardly “kickable”.

I’m not trying to be clever I’m trying to be accurate.

If people are willing to adjust or embellish ‘facts’ in order to make their point it is very hard to take anything else they say (about whether penalties were questionable or the performance of the ref for example) seriously.

If you look on the timelines, that is when the kicks are taken, not when they were awarded, the first pen if I remember correctly was given as soon as the kick-off was taken, when the first tackle was made, anyway, using your given times, 4 penalties in the space of seven minutes, is a bit steep wouldn't you think, especially when those pens were all dubious, anyway, I am not replying on this thread anymore, I am looking forward to this weekend.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:46 pm

If you look on the timelines, that is when the kicks are taken, not when they were awarded,

picard No you see there you go again. Those times are the times the ref blew to award the penalties not when they were taken.

How do I know? I checked the video rather than trying to trust my memory.

That's the reason why I also know that all those penalties weren't dubious.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 15 Oct 2014, 1:59 pm

First penalty: 40.55 (when ref blew whistle according to match clock).

2nd Penalty (43.28) for holding on. Even the Welsh commentators were saying it was fantastic work by Peter O'Mahony on one leg (who was supported by JJ Hanrahan over the ball). A perfect turnover about 2 metres outside Munster's 22. Zebo took the kick for the lineout.

3rd Penalty: 45:18. Side Entry in Scarlets 22. (Scarlets warned about repeated infringements in their own 22). Hanrahan missed.

4th Penalty 47.20. Liam Williams failing to release. Shane Byrne commented that if the Ref says let go, you have to let go. (on Scarlets 22). Hanrahan kicked 3pts.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm

MunsterMac wrote:
If you look on the timelines, that is when the kicks are taken, not when they were awarded,

picard No you see there you go again. Those times are the times the ref blew to award the penalties not when they were taken.

How do I know? I checked the video rather than trying to trust my memory.

That's the reason why I also know that all those penalties weren't dubious.

Right, I mean it now, this is my LAST post on this, 4 penalties in 5.19 mins, thats 1 pen every about 1 and a half minutes, add the whole massive 55 seconds it took to award the first one, then that is one every about 1 minute and 40 seconds, straight after the second half kicked off, and all the calls WERE dubious weather you care to admit it or not, if anybody else were on the recieving end of that type of reffing then they would be on here questioning it, even you would if it were reveresed.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 2:07 pm

Sin e, it is easy to cherry pick what the commentators said, and spin it in your own favour, but why don't you add the parts where they were saying how harsh the calls were, Like when Pete O'Mahony cam in from the side to steel the ball, yes it was good work, but he should not have been there, was the side entry really a side entry for the third pen ? Then for your last one Liam Williams was clearly on his feet when going for the turn over, right that's it no more, for my own sanity NO MORE.................... censored

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 2:34 pm

You see this is where it gets difficult take anything you say with a straight face.

You say all the pens happened inside the first 4 minutes - They didn't.

You say they were all kickable. - They weren't.

You say POM came in from the side. - He didn't. Check the video.

So when you say "all the kicks WERE dubious" you'll excuse me if I question your judgement.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 15 Oct 2014, 2:35 pm

Ok, I have tried being polite. Both sides have had their say and have put their opinion out there. This circular nonsense stops now ok.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

I think you're overstepping the mark there slightly ScarletSpiderman.

This is just a discussion with a difference of opinion.

Nobody is being abusive, uttering profanities, being racist etc.

Yes for those not involved it might be boring and make you want to bang your head repeatedly against a wall but I don't think anything has been said that contravenes the site rules and those not interested don't have to read.

If this sort of discussion is no longer possible on 606V2 Rugby then it's no wonder the site is struggling.

If this thread ever needed moderation it was last Friday around 9:00PM when it was really ugly but there wasn't a moderator to be seen.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 15 Oct 2014, 3:21 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Sin e, it is easy to cherry pick what the commentators said, and spin it in your own favour, but why don't you add the parts where they were saying how harsh the calls were, Like when Pete O'Mahony cam in from the side to steel the ball, yes it was good work, but he should not have been there, was the side entry really a side entry for the third pen ? Then for your last one Liam Williams was clearly on his feet when going for the turn over, right that's it no more, for my own sanity NO MORE....................  censored

I have said that the Welsh commentary team bitched non-stop about the ref (so I thought it was a given as to what they had to say that would put forward the Scarlets case for being badly served by the ref).

Peter O'Mahony did not come in from the side.

Liam Williams was told to release and he didn't. That was just stupid of him.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 15 Oct 2014, 3:44 pm

Sin é wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:Sin e, it is easy to cherry pick what the commentators said, and spin it in your own favour, but why don't you add the parts where they were saying how harsh the calls were, Like when Pete O'Mahony cam in from the side to steel the ball, yes it was good work, but he should not have been there, was the side entry really a side entry for the third pen ? Then for your last one Liam Williams was clearly on his feet when going for the turn over, right that's it no more, for my own sanity NO MORE....................  censored

I have said that the Welsh commentary team bitched non-stop about the ref (so I thought it was a given as to what they had to say that would put forward the Scarlets case for being badly served by the ref).

This is what I mean about Irish whinging.... I notice you also conveniently left out the scrum infringements, where Munster always drove early and somehow got the free kick. Even the new front-row couldn't get a break. The commentators did mention the ref was crap, but also criticised the Scarlets for not adapting or listening to the ref and they'd be right there. I guess you conveniently didn't hear that either? POM and TOD played well and helped win the game for their team, no arguments from anyone including the commentators on that one. Williams had clearly won the ball first, that was unfair and definitely the wrong call from the Italian official. Seriously, if there was no case to answer, you wouldn't get a number of players, coaches and pundits all arguing the same point; Pro12 refereeing is not a high enough standard. Now can't you lot just stop whining and agree to disagree, ref was not at the level required for this game and that's that!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 15 Oct 2014, 4:30 pm

The Saint wrote:
Sin é wrote:

This is what I mean about Irish whinging.... I notice you also conveniently left out the scrum infringements, where Munster always drove early and somehow got the free kick. Even the new front-row couldn't get a break. The commentators did mention the ref was crap, but also criticised the Scarlets for not adapting or listening to the ref and they'd be right there. I guess you conveniently didn't hear that either? POM and TOD played well and helped win the game for their team, no arguments from anyone including the commentators on that one. Williams had clearly won the ball first, that was unfair and definitely the wrong call from the Italian official. Seriously, if there was no case to answer, you wouldn't get a number of players, coaches and pundits all arguing the same point; Pro12 refereeing is not a high enough standard. Now can't you lot just stop whining and agree to disagree, ref was not at the level required for this game and that's that!

I've only looked at the 4 penalties brought up. If I have time I'll look at the rest. But, Peter O'Mahony did not come in from the side as claimed by LordDowlais. That is what I'm responding to.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed 15 Oct 2014, 4:35 pm

Sin é wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Sin é wrote:

I've only looked at the 4 penalties brought up. If I have time I'll look at the rest. But, Peter O'Mahony did not come in from the side as claimed by LordDowlais. That is what I'm responding to.

Side Schmyde, he should not have even been on the pitch anyway after elbowing Rhys Preistland in the face in the first half, right infront of the ref that was aswell.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 15 Oct 2014, 4:37 pm

Sin é wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Fair enough and I think you're right, but I wouldn't bother looking into the rest, so all can move on. Hug

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Wed 15 Oct 2014, 5:07 pm

Side Schmyde, he should not have even been on the pitch anyway after elbowing Rhys Preistland in the face in the first half, right infront of the ref that was aswell.

So is this you slithering away from yet another inaccuracy to take cover under another vague recollection from your memory of the match?

Care to give me a rough time in the first half so I can confirm this latest accusation?

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 16 Oct 2014, 8:14 am

MunsterMac wrote:

So is this you slithering away from yet another inaccuracy to take cover under another vague recollection from your memory of the match?

Care to give me a rough time in the first half so I can confirm this latest accusation?

The elbow on Priest after the whistle was a really bad cheapshot, and then the punching in the scrum straight away afterwards.

That said Scott Williams did give Simon Zebo a quick elbow to the face on the deck (second half I think), so it think there was a bit of niggle from both sides.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 16 Oct 2014, 10:49 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
MunsterMac wrote:

The elbow on Priest after the whistle was a really bad cheapshot, and then the punching in the scrum straight away afterwards.

That said Scott Williams did give Simon Zebo a quick elbow to the face on the deck (second half I think), so it think there was a bit of niggle from both sides.

Scarlet, stop that points scoring "them'n'us stuff" this instant!  This circular nonsense stops now or I'll be forced to close down this thread forthwith!!!

;)This indignation with-power-attached-extras is catching.  Oh I do wish I was a Mod. The Horror...the horror................... I could inflict Cool

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 16 Oct 2014, 10:57 am

Fly, I'm trying to put two sides across and be neutral in the posting (which is pretty hard). Tell you what I'll have a word witht eh other mods and see if you can take my place cos quite honestly I've had a guts full of it.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:15 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fly, I'm trying to put two sides across and be neutral in the posting (which is pretty hard).  Tell you what I'll have a word witht eh other mods and see if you can take my place cos quite honestly I've had a guts full of it.

Hmmm...............didn't expect that response.  I was only mucking about (joking) with the comments I witnessed - as per usual.  So apologies if you took it all serious.  
Maybe my point was that no matter how one tries (and Mods try their hardest to be 'neutral'), but no matter how hard anyone tries, the truth happens and Everyone is proven still human and everyone still needs an opinion..... and that suits me just fine. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Nope, you can certainly keep your job as a Mod, Scarlet; I personally wouldn't touch it with a forty foot pole as they say .... but my 'humour' such as it was, was not a comment on your ability or a slur on it at all.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 16 Oct 2014, 11:36 am

Fly, I know it was tongue in cheek mate. If I were you I'd grab a rod and head to the river, cos you were not even fishing but got a good old bite thumbsup (oh check your pms mate)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 20 Oct 2014, 10:20 am

Munstermac wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Zebre and Treviso would finish in top 4 of the pro D2 and i'm not sure the French would like that.
I doubt that very much.

This season alone I would see at least USAP, Pau, Montauban and Biaritz (once they've adjusted to life in D2) finishing ahead of them.

It'll be interesting to see how Zebre get on in the Challange Cup this season against Oyonnax and Brive, 2 clubs who have spent a fair bit of time in the D2 and who currently occupy the last 2 places in the Top 14.

Just to note that Oyonnax beat Zebre 33 - 24 in Italy.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Mon 20 Oct 2014, 11:39 am

MunsterMac wrote:
Munstermac wrote:
VinceWLB wrote:Zebre and Treviso would finish in top 4 of the pro D2 and i'm not sure the French would like that.
I doubt that very much.

This season alone I would see at least USAP, Pau, Montauban and Biaritz (once they've adjusted to life in D2) finishing ahead of them.

It'll be interesting to see how Zebre get on in the Challange Cup this season against Oyonnax and Brive, 2 clubs who have spent a fair bit of time in the D2 and who currently occupy the last 2 places in the Top 14.

Just to note that Oyonnax beat Zebre 33 - 24 in Italy.

I think Zebre rested up to a third of their first team

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by MunsterMac Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:45 pm

Oyonnax made 7 changes to their normal starting lineup.

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Post by Submachine Mon 20 Oct 2014, 3:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Fly, I'm trying to put two sides across and be neutral in the posting (which is pretty hard).  Tell you what I'll have a word witht eh other mods and see if you can take my place cos quite honestly I've had a guts full of it.

Hmmm...............didn't expect that response.  I was only mucking about (joking) with the comments I witnessed - as per usual.  So apologies if you took it all serious.  
Maybe my point was that no matter how one tries (and Mods try their hardest to be 'neutral'), but no matter how hard anyone tries, the truth happens and Everyone is proven still human and everyone still needs an opinion..... and that suits me just fine.  Wouldn't have it any other way.

Nope, you can certainly keep your job as a Mod, Scarlet;  I personally wouldn't touch it with a forty foot pole as they say .... but my 'humour' such as it was, was not a comment on your ability or a slur on it at all.

Two questions Fly
Do you actually speak the way you post?
an if so
Are you Ross O'Carroll Kelly's old man?

Submachine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next