The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What type of boxers do you like?

+14
Valero's Conscience
DoubleD22
Mind the windows Tino.
John Bloody Wayne
Steffan
Lumbering_Jack
ONETWOFOREVER
TRUSSMAN66
compelling and rich
WelshDevilRob
Scottrf
HumanWindmill
BALTIMORA
azania
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What type of boxers do you like? - Page 2 Empty What type of boxers do you like?

Post by azania Thu May 26, 2011 4:47 am

First topic message reminder :

Personally I prefer the more outrageous guys. Those with the mouth and attitude who can also back it up. Guys like Ali, Duran, Hagler,Tyson, Mayorga (well he had the mouth and atitude and he did back it up to an extent), Paez, Naz, Pazienza, Jones, Floyd. The humble guys who wish the best of luck to their opponents and are always well mannered annoy the hell out of me.

DeGale and Haye just annoy me. Humourless buffoons imo.

azania

Back to top Go down

What type of boxers do you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: What type of boxers do you like?

Post by Rowley Thu May 26, 2011 7:20 pm

To be honest there is not particularly a style of fighter I like, I will gravitate to a fighter much more based on their attitude to the game. A willingness to fight anyone and everyone and a willingness to travel to do this will far more endear me to a fighter than any particular stylistic quirk, if they can couple these with fighting more than once every blue moon all the better. Of a recent vintage Froch and Morales fit the bill IMO

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

What type of boxers do you like? - Page 2 Empty Re: What type of boxers do you like?

Post by azania Fri May 27, 2011 4:12 am

rowley wrote:To be honest there is not particularly a style of fighter I like, I will gravitate to a fighter much more based on their attitude to the game. A willingness to fight anyone and everyone and a willingness to travel to do this will far more endear me to a fighter than any particular stylistic quirk, if they can couple these with fighting more than once every blue moon all the better. Of a recent vintage Froch and Morales fit the bill IMO

I believe most boxers are willing to fight anyone. Its their management team who make the decisions. Often their management team like to keep the zero to make their guy more marketable knowing that as soon as they fight someone decent they would get ktfo. Patterson springs to mind. He wanted Liston but Cus knew better. When he got Liston....ah well.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri May 27, 2011 7:52 am

The humble guys who wish the best of luck to their opponents and are always well mannered annoy the hell out of me.
Nah, thats what you need in the sport. Naz had no heart and was out of order with his opponents, fellow pro's, i dont think it was in jest as he said either, by any stretch of the imagination, i remember Nigel Benn saying he wouldn';t come back from defeat which he never, he just went into retirement of eating kebabs and running people over. Ali was out of order with Frazier, also not in jest, and Mayorga's a Boobie imo, was beautiful the absolute beatdown de la Hoya gave him, and Mosley knocking him out with about 5 seconds left haha!

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri May 27, 2011 10:08 am

Steven_89 wrote:The humble guys who wish the best of luck to their opponents and are always well mannered annoy the hell out of me.
Nah, thats what you need in the sport. Naz had no heart and was out of order with his opponents, fellow pro's, i dont think it was in jest as he said either, by any stretch of the imagination, i remember Nigel Benn saying he wouldn';t come back from defeat which he never, he just went into retirement of eating kebabs and running people over. Ali was out of order with Frazier, also not in jest, and Mayorga's a Boobie imo, was beautiful the absolute beatdown de la Hoya gave him, and Mosley knocking him out with about 5 seconds left haha!

Naz had no heart? Have you been drinking again Steven?

So he retired shortly after he lost a fight. Big deal. He had been fighting since he was 7. He made all the money he wished and had enough. If I won the lottery do you think I would go back to work tomorrow? Would you?

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 28, 2011 4:22 am

Naz had no heart? Have you been drinking again Steven?

So he retired shortly after he lost a fight. Big deal. He had been fighting since he was 7. He made all the money he wished and had enough. If I won the lottery do you think I would go back to work tomorrow? Would you?
i doubt it because i dont drink. I dont think he had the heart to come back, as Benn also said, he was an hyped fighter, end of story, who did he beat who was p4p? do me a favour. He stepped up and got embarassed, it wasnt competetive, at all.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat May 28, 2011 4:35 am

naz went 12 rounds with Barrera and took his beating.......he had heart...

What he was however was a confidence fighter....an egotist that once he lost...Lost belief and didn't have it!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Sat May 28, 2011 6:01 am

Why do you have to beat some who's p4p ranked to be considered good?

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Sat May 28, 2011 6:31 am

Why do you have to beat some who's p4p ranked to be considered good?
He's rated as great by many of his fans, not in a month of sundays, you have to beat the best ie p4p to be great imo. Not been funny or out but you seem a bit inuendo lookoutish tonight, to be frank. My opinion of the guy is he wasnt great, and lacked the heart to bounce back, he chose to eat kebabs and run people over, whereas others in defeat like Lewis grafted and came back, Benn, moved to the USA to come back, have no sympathy for the guy as well was over the moon when he lost and Calzaghe got a bit of attention.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong1983 Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:56 am

Silk ones, with hearts on them.

shenglong1983

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:56 am

Yep, Naz showed no heart in fight with Kevin Kelly, for example.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2