The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday

+33
demosthenes
Sam
Tiger/Chief
MichaelT
nobbled
Notch
lauriehow
MDB
fa0019
sad_gimp
propdavid_london
hugehandoff
BigGee
Driver
BamBam
clivemcl
chewed_mintie
pledgeX
Red Pete
BuzzScarlet
JonnyEdinburgh
Ozzy3213
Heaf
R!skysports
RDW
nathan
petethepete
The Saint
Geordie
funnyExiledScot
bedfordwelsh
GLove39
wrfc1980
37 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday - Page 2 Empty World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday

Post by wrfc1980 Tue 21 Oct 2014, 12:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just a heads up as i'm sure Im not the only one on here on tender hooks waiting to see what tickets you will be succesful in getting for the rugby world cup. According to the telegraph notification will be e mailed on Saturday 25th October. Not long for us to wait Smile

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday

Post by BamBam Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm

I got zilch, but a mate of mine got 4 for the final! Coincidentally I'm taking him drinking every week for the next year

BamBam

Back to top Go down

World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday - Page 2 Empty Re: World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday

Post by Driver Sat 25 Oct 2014, 9:36 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Yeah FES, ive applied for all the Newcastle games.

I just hope all the numpty football fans dont apply and get tickets at the expense of the true rugby fans....

GF,

I managed to get Tickets for both my games , New Zealand vs Tonga and South Africa vs. Scotland. I'm not sure if being involved with the Falcons might have helped my application
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:11 pm

Was this ONLY for ballots. So if a game did NOT oversubscribe, the tickets weren't given and the full match gets opened up for sale at a later date with those who applied getting a priority run at it???

An hour before it closed, three of the games I applied for had still not been oversubscribed. Which is why I was confused to be told I was unsuccessful....

Even if these games had been oversubscribed in the last half our that applications were open, it surely wouldn't have sold by enough to make my odds of success so poor?

I mean how did I not get a ticket for Fiji v Uraguay for goodness sake??? Headscratch

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 26 Oct 2014, 7:18 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Yeah FES, ive applied for all the Newcastle games.

I just hope all the numpty football fans dont apply and get tickets at the expense of the true rugby fans....

I got Scotland vs Samoa which I'm pleased with. Our crunch group game.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Sun 26 Oct 2014, 11:46 am

Its about ticket prices, when they say it is not over subscribed, they mean that there are tickets available at the more astronomic end of the spectrum. Most people like myself do have a limit on how much they will spend on these things!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 27 Oct 2014, 9:56 am

It does bug me, when I sit next to someone at work who got both semi finals plus two other games and I got nothing

Although as he will be broke for a long time paying for them - i do take some comfort

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 27 Oct 2014, 1:01 pm

I did not receive an email at all on Saturday so logged in to my RWC account to see I was unsuccessful for all England matches but did get 4 for USA V Samoa in Brighton. Really annoyed to not be seeing England, but looking forward to seeing Manoa swap big hits with the Samoans.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 27 Oct 2014, 1:20 pm

I applied for 6 games and have nothing! I only know of 1 successful applicant thats a welsh fan living in Norway!
Mixed emotions - on the plus side I have some money this month, on the down side.....I would really like to go to a game at a home WC.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Mon 27 Oct 2014, 1:22 pm

Did England v Fiji go to a ballot?
And is there going to be an opening ceremony that you can get tickets for etc? Or is that likely to just be before the opening game?

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 27 Oct 2014, 2:41 pm

Saw in the Telegraph they are already selling for 2000% more

"Fans' fears realised as RWC tickets inflate 2,665%"

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by sad_gimp Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:00 pm

Nothing for me....

Think I will be going down to the stoop to watch (assuming they televise games as usual) and soak up the after-match atmosphere in twickers for the England games Smile

sad_gimp

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:03 pm

Riskysports wrote:Saw in the Telegraph they are already selling for 2000% more

"Fans' fears realised as RWC tickets inflate 2,665%"

A bit iffy when the actual tickets won't be delivered for months no? So yeah, transfer money into my account, £5k for 2 world cup final tickets and I'll send them in 10 months time honest when I get actual tickets.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by MDB Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:27 pm

Got absolutely blessed. 6 of us applying for tickets, got 6 for the Ireland France game (Applied for 12), 6 for Ireland Canada Game (applied for 6), 6 for QF2 (applied for 10) and got 8 for QF 3 (Applied for 10). Absolutely delighted even tho my bank account has taken a murdering!

MDB

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 4:39 pm

Funny thing is... for all the inflated prices you can pick up category D tickets on the official website for the final via the hospitality site for £1400 each. Better than similar sums from a random on a ticket website.

I don't think the prices are that obscene given the prices people were prepared to pay.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Mon 27 Oct 2014, 4:50 pm

fa0019 wrote:Funny thing is... for all the inflated prices you can pick up category D tickets on the official website for the final via the hospitality site for £1400 each. Better than similar sums from a random on a ticket website.

I don't think the prices are that obscene given the prices people were prepared to pay.

It is not the prepared to pay that is the issue - it is the fact that so many people who applied got nothing, while others got multiple sets

On top of that the 'companies' that buy masses to sell on the black market - the whole ticketing system is a little whiffy to me

It would be much better to spread the tickets out - to get more people involved and also ensure that there is a better chance of getting something - even if not your first choice

I am now stuck in a country with the games going around me, not able to get to go to any games - even when it is on my door step

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:00 pm

Riskysports wrote:
fa0019 wrote:Funny thing is... for all the inflated prices you can pick up category D tickets on the official website for the final via the hospitality site for £1400 each. Better than similar sums from a random on a ticket website.

It is not the prepared to pay that is the issue - it is the fact that so many people who applied got nothing, while others got multiple sets

On top of that the 'companies' that buy masses to sell on the black market - the whole ticketing system is a little whiffy to me

It would be much better to spread the tickets out - to get more people involved and also ensure that there is a better chance of getting something - even if not your first choice

I am now stuck in a country with the games going around me, not able to get to go to any games - even when it is on my door step

There will be tickets available in November.

I imagine some people bought too many and their account bounced meaning the odd tickets will become available for all matches.... and its first come first serve.

Some matches will not have sold out in all probability either.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:10 pm

People should take it a little easy though.

Remember that Western Europe had the world cup in

1991 (4 year gap from inception)
1999 (8 year gap)
2007 (8 year gap)
2015 (8 year gap)

Those in Australasia

1987 (first competition)
2003 (16 year gap)
2011 (8 year gap)

Those in SA

1995 (8 years since competition inception)

and its been 20 years and will be at least 28 years for the chance for locals to see it close by again. And for those to say that SA is one country like Scotland or Wales... Well their playing numbers equal the combined of Ireland, Italy, France, Wales and Scotland so you could argue SA is not only a country but a region like Europe and Australasia in terms of rugby.

Those in Argentina.

Unlikely to be any time soon... competition has already been in place for 28 years and the next chance is 2023 (which will probably go to SA).

All I'm saying is that Wales hosting, England hosting, France hosting, Italy hosting... it makes very little difference to European travellers to be honest.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Thu 30 Oct 2014, 11:33 pm

I could see this coming when the English club members were able to put in for Twickenham tickets and we in Wales only for our 2 home matches, so sadly I am buying 2 each for Eng v Wales and Oz v Wales from Eng Hospitality with a day trip from Cardiff. you pay in 3 installments and for category B these are close to £500 a ticket. [I saved the cash by downgrading my Cardiff Blues sub by £2580 a year, to ordinary season tickets]
I needed 2 more Wales v Fiji and got them in the ballot @ £85 each.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:37 am

I look forward to the stage in life when I could pay £2580+ a year to support my club, and justify £500 for a single ticket!!!

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:56 am

GLove39 wrote:I look forward to the stage in life when I could pay £2580+ a year to support my club, and justify £500 for a single ticket!!!

I know... horrible to think that ever being the norm. I just won't go to World Cup games on principle now. I only ever went to one, Scotland 0-40 New Zealand in Murrayfield in 2007. It was cool to see that All Blacks side first hand, I still feel they were a better team than the side that won in 2011, but it was such a non-event as a contest and for so much money. Finals are often the same as that really. Often a final is a disappointing game given how high the stakes are. So I really often don't want to go to a Final unless I know for certain my team is going to be in it. There's a group of guys or gals who post on here or who have moved onto v3 who go to the Heineken Cup Final ever year but I can't possibly justify that expense if I don't have a dog in the fight- because you're not going to see a good game that often. But thats something different, thats about community for them I think.

You're paying for the sense of occasion the tournament brings, not the rugby itself, and I don't know if that's something I'm into. It's different than it is with Ulster where what I'm paying for is the right to be there watching something I'm passionate about with no reference the quality of rugby.

The amount of money I'd have to spend on going to a World Cup game as a neutral, and what that is in terms of my overall budget as a percentage, means that if the rugby isn't truly exceptional, well, I don't want to know. And even with Ireland, I'm not sure its worth it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Fri 31 Oct 2014, 3:26 pm

Got England - Wales and England - Australia in the ballot.
Very lucky.
Very skint.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by lauriehow Fri 31 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm

By way of comment on the saving £2580, the Blues charge £1500 a year for a hospitality season ticket including meals etc, and an over 65 ordinary season was £210 so I went with that x 2. I am a pensioner but still working full-time so can afford it, but a few years ago it would have been impossible.

I have a client who is worth a few millions, but he turned down the Wales home game tickets at £175 each - saying that he could afford it, but they were simply not worth that. My boss felt it was understandable - the client was a "Cardi", and they are very tight with cash in west Wales.

lauriehow

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelT Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:41 pm

Just got an email from the RWC tickets people saying as applied for tickets I would get a 48 priority window from Nov 26th for any remaining tickets. Real time basis - first come first served. General sale then from 28th November.

Got 2 matches out of 3 I wanted from the ballot, but it'll be interesting to see what is left at the end of the month.

MichaelT

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:22 pm

MichaelT wrote:Just got an email from the RWC tickets people saying as applied for tickets I would get a 48 priority window from Nov 26th for any remaining tickets. Real time basis - first come first served. General sale then from 28th November.

Got 2 matches out of 3 I wanted from the ballot, but it'll be interesting to see what is left at the end of the month.

I did not get any in the ballot and have a chance on the 24th to get some tickets - so it seems we have an extra bit of time

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger/Chief Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:25 pm

Anyone know of the tickets on sale on the 24th are first come first served or another ballot?

Tiger/Chief

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:30 pm

Remaining tickets go on general sale at 12:00 GMT on Friday November 28th - just been emailed.

I myself got 2 tickets to South Africa vs Japan @ Amex in Brighton.

Applied for all games at the Amex and all England games at Twickenham.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:39 pm

"We know you applied for tickets in September and we really want you to be part of Rugby World Cup 2015, so we are now offering you an exclusive opportunity to purchase remaining tickets before they go back on general sale.

Tickets will be sold real time, on a first come first served basis. Once released, matches will remain on sale until they have sold out. Your priority window to choose from the best of the remaining tickets is as follows:
10:00 GMT Monday November 24 - Matches in Pools A and B featuring teams including Australia, South Africa, Scotland and Wales

10:00 GMT Tuesday November 25 - Matches in Pools C and D featuring Argentina, France, Ireland and New Zealand and remaining knock out matches. Matches in Pools A and B wi th tickets available will also remain on sale
Any remaining tickets from all four Pools will go on general sale from 12:00 GMT on Friday November 28.

In advance of November 24, we will contact you with further details of which matches and price categories will be going back on sale.
We hope you are able to take advantage of this opportunity and we look forward to welcoming you to the Tournament."

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm

Tiger/Chief wrote:Anyone know of the tickets on sale on the 24th are first come first served or another ballot?

Although I should so there is no rush - log in later (to give me a chance)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 11:59 pm

Here's the list of games that'll go back on sale...
World cup tickets - Notification on Saturday - Page 2 B1r-GkRIYAA_WfG
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B1r-GkRIYAA_WfG.jpg

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by pledgeX Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:12 am

GLove39 wrote:Here's the list of games that'll go back on sale...
Where did you find that list GLove? Is it official or just speculation? Would be nice to know what price categories are available too.

pledgeX

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:52 am

Slightly surprised at some of the games on that list. For example, Samoa v. Scotland at St. James Park. Virtually a home game for Scotland, and a crunch match.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 11:23 am

pledgeX wrote:
Where did you find that list GLove? Is it official or just speculation?  Would be nice to know what price categories are available too.

Found it on Twitter. No idea if it's genuine but the guy who tweeted it (Nick Heath) is heavily involved in the game, does commentary for BT & ITV & has close links with the RFU, so I'd I imagine theres substance to it.

I've asked him if he knows any details about pricing! thumbsup

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 07 Nov 2014, 9:04 am

Does anyone know if the tickets are non-transferable? I've applied to volunteer at the RWC but you don't get told until Janaury if you are sucessful so i've been relucatant to buy tickets then find I might not be able to use them.
Asking this because when I got tickets for the Olympics they were very strict in checking that you were the person who bought the tickets at the entrances.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Mon 24 Nov 2014, 5:55 pm

Right, just a heads up in case anyone forgot, if you were unsuccessful with you original application, then you have a 48 hour priority window from this morning to buy tickets to Pool A & B games.
Similar story for Pool C & D on Wednesday & Thursday.

Then they go on general sale on Friday, first come first serve. Happy hunting!

Site was dire this morning, queued for over 90 minutes, progress wheel didn't move for over 50! But somehow managed to log in & got 4 tickets to Scotland V Samoa Yahoo

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by disneychilly Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:12 am

Yeah I managed to get one for NZ Tonga. Cat B but feck it, haven't been to a RWC game before nor seen Newcastle. Booked flights and accom already before they get exorbitant. Because the ticket price was. Happy though-I'm sure NZ tickets are among the hardest to get outside the host countries. Congrats GLove Smile

disneychilly

Back to top Go down

Post by alive555 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:20 am

funnyExiledScot wrote:I applied for Scotland tickets in Newcastle, so I would be fairly surprised not to be successful!!

how can u go aboit getting tickets now ? for the scottish games ?

alive555

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:26 pm

Tickets for Wales v Fiji are £125 (could have had one for £20 two weeks ago) and they are £85 for the Wales Uruguay game.

I know the prices are set by the WC and not by Unions but come on those prices are fecking scandalous.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:28 pm

I got 2 for Australia vs Fiji

Couldn't be a r s e d to go to Newcastle from london - so will have a BBQ and beer at home instead :-)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:44 pm

alive555 wrote:
funnyExiledScot wrote:I applied for Scotland tickets in Newcastle, so I would be fairly surprised not to be successful!!

how can u go aboit getting tickets now ? for the scottish games ?

Head to the ticketing site https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/ if you're eligible for the priority sale you should be able to log in and see what's on offer.
Although there was only Scotland V USA & Samoa left. And pricey tickets at that. Paid £75 a pop for the Samoa ones. Think the only ones left are category A & B at £115 & £150 vomit

GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by highland_scot Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:50 pm

Got tickets in the original ballot for NZ-Tonga and Scotland - Samoa. Need to pull the finger out and book a hotel sooner rather than later...

highland_scot

Back to top Go down

Post by pledgeX Wed 26 Nov 2014, 11:12 am

Just picked up some tickets for Oz v Fiji at the millennium stadium. Still had some 'cheap' seats left and I've never been to the MS so thought it was worth a punt. Shame it's mid-week though.

Surprised there's still availability on some of the Wales games.

pledgeX

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 26 Nov 2014, 12:31 pm

pledgeX wrote:Just picked up some tickets for Oz v Fiji at the millennium stadium. Still had some 'cheap' seats left and I've never been to the MS so thought it was worth a punt. Shame it's mid-week though.

Surprised there's still availability on some of the Wales games.

Given the cheapest for Fiji is £125 and Uruguay £85 there no surprise
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2