The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so

+5
SecretFly
maestegmafia
quinsforever
TrailApe
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
9 posters

Go down

IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so Empty IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat 25 Oct 2014, 7:24 pm

Two weeks in to the amazing new European competition Rolling Eyes no really it is amazing Rolling Eyes , rumours pre season have now been proven true.
The IRB have buckled under the pressure of big spending English and French club to re name the ruck the "Free for all swimming pool" but! the catch is if you're not English or French big spending club then you dare enter the "free for all swimming pool club" this is serious stuff entry into this or sometimes even breathing to close to exclusive members club will result into an instant straight arm penalty with no warnings.

Come on now this is stupid, beyond scrum and lineout the break down is the most import facet of the game and it seems to be the most blatant biased areas, no team can even compete if the break down has been taken away from them by the ref.

Honestly i know that I'am having a rant but the standard of bias from the officials toward the teams with more money is just embarrassing ,i know that the arrogant streak in some of you will say "but you got to play the ref" etc etc but lets get real, a blind man could tell you how much of a sham this has become.

This is putting me right off the sport i have loved since childhood ,the farce needs sorting now.

Back to top Go down

IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so Empty Re: IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so

Post by TrailApe Sat 25 Oct 2014, 7:49 pm

Have you any examples or is this just "my team got beat therefore summit is wrong".
TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so Empty Re: IRB set for name change after big spending clubs demand so

Post by quinsforever Sat 25 Oct 2014, 8:07 pm

i agree. i'm fed up with the irish provincial teams getting such an advantage in their home games. highest paid players, and biggest crowds. it's outrageous that they are taking advantage of these facts to try to win a match of rugby Rolling Eyes

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat 25 Oct 2014, 11:04 pm

TrailApe wrote:Have you any examples or is this just "my team got beat therefore summit is wrong".
The team i support won mate, against all odds too. they had to contend with the Tigers rolling all over the ruck every time they defending the 22 all unpunished numerous yellow cards could have been handed out, lets not forget Brad Thorn trying to decapitate Kristian Philips.

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 26 Oct 2014, 9:51 am

This is what happens when the clubs owners have control of the competition.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:00 am

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:
TrailApe wrote:Have you any examples or is this just "my team got beat therefore summit is wrong".
The team i support won mate, against all odds too. they had to contend with the Tigers rolling all over the ruck every time they defending the 22 all unpunished numerous yellow cards could have been handed out, lets not forget Brad Thorn trying to decapitate Kristian Philips.

The Tigers will be unhappy the ref didn't know it was them playing Wink

But I must be quiet with my subversive mirth.  It's dull and tiresome.

Last edited by SecretFly on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 26 Oct 2014, 10:18 am

maestegmafia wrote:This is what happens when the clubs owners have control of the competition.
je ne comprands pas

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 01 Nov 2014, 10:33 am

doctor_grey wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:This is what happens when the clubs owners have control of the competition.
je ne comprands pas

As the post he is replying to suggests that refs are favouring the AP teams, I can only assume he is implying that the club owners have arranged for this to happen.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 01 Nov 2014, 10:44 am

It's the Swiss I'm worried about. I have a funny feeling they'll now win more of the games they aren't in due to favouritism. It's all politics and tax breaks!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 01 Nov 2014, 12:22 pm

Nah its Brussels and Luxembourg centric really - fear the Belgiums

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 01 Nov 2014, 12:27 pm

yeah...but there's a Non-taxable trainload of melted down gold rings and bracelets and unused Euros going to Switzerland every weekend, ain't there???

I was told it leaves the station every monday morning at 6.  Don't forget the Paintings, lads!!!!!!!!  Don't leave behind the Art!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 01 Nov 2014, 12:38 pm

God, I don't know how I do it...but I've a 6th sense.  I truly do Wink

I was going to find a small town in Switzerland on Google search, invent a rugby club for it and 'claim' that they are demanding entry to the ERCC by right as a link joke.

But what do I get when I key in 'Switzerland'?  I get this article:
http://blogs.wsj.com/briefly/2014/10/30/why-is-switzerland-voting-on-its-gold-holdings-the-short-answer/

Save our Swiss Gold Initiative!  How bizarre. Yahoo

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 02 Nov 2014, 12:37 am

Well, this topic was petulant and lacking in insight

Every team gets calls against them and in their favour, very often one team gets on the wrong side of the ref and often the home team gets an unconscious advantage, but most refs are consistent at penalising sides for the same things. If not, is one match or even one round of matches in which you perceive (IMO utterly falsely but hey, we are both biased) this disrepency to occur enough to demonstrate a genuine trend of the sort you state to exist in this topic?

ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sun 02 Nov 2014, 12:47 am

I thought this post was satire so that's why it was funny. Then I realised it maybe wasn't satire so then it was funnier.

Of course the best satire is something you can't identify. You're on the fence about it. Thats where I am now.

Are you being serious?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun 02 Nov 2014, 12:49 am

Oh god who cares? this was so last week. Move along.
And the Scarlets have won there last two games so one is over it now.

until next time of course.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down