The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game

+6
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
The Saint
propdavid_london
Standulstermen
yappysnap
10 posters

Go down

Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game Empty Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game

Post by yappysnap Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:08 am

Just a little puzzled about one incident.

Early in the first half Goode made a break and in the tackle appeared to hurt his leg and/or arm. Now Wasps had no fly half cover on the bench and so it seems like Goode was taken off for treatment as the management didn't want to lose their only 10 so early in the match.

Problem is he could only go off for a concussion test to be in with a chance to come back on. I have to say this is suspect, as he was receiving treatment on the pitch, ice on the arm and a leg stretch while chatting to the staff.

So Did Wasps play the system to be able to treat their key player and get him back on? Can this be checked in future? And should refs or other personnel monitor why players are going off?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game Empty Re: Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game

Post by Standulstermen Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:10 am

Was he replaced when he went off. Surely there's nothing wrong with him getting treatment and coming back if he isn't replaced.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game Empty Re: Dodgy Happenings in the Wasps v Quins Game

Post by propdavid_london Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:35 am

I thought there is supposed to be a neutral Doc at the venue - or perhaps its the oposition Doc thats allowed to also examine a player if injured!

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by propdavid_london Tue 28 Oct 2014, 10:38 am

I was surprised to see Eliot Daly getting a bit niggly - didnt think he was that sort of player!
I guess someone just got under his skin a bit in that game.
I do like it when a ref allows a game to flow, but there were definately a few moments when I thought the reffing team should have had a closer look at stuff.

propdavid_london

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 28 Oct 2014, 4:19 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Was he replaced when he went off. Surely there's nothing wrong with him getting treatment and coming back if he isn't replaced.

I'm not sure Stand, he went off for a concussion test

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 28 Oct 2014, 4:39 pm

English teams with a history of cheating cheating against each other. Maybe one of you can buy Liam Williams. He'd fit right in with your thuggish style of play (so I'm told).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 28 Oct 2014, 4:57 pm

There is supposed to be a neutral doctor or, I think, the opposition doctor can get involved (or should be involved).

If Goode took a knock to the head and they also used the time to also sort out other injuries I don't mind so much..

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 28 Oct 2014, 11:09 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Was he replaced when he went off. Surely there's nothing wrong with him getting treatment and coming back if he isn't replaced.

Yes he was replaced
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 28 Oct 2014, 11:15 pm

Goode had no obvious knock to the leg and was in fact holding his ankle when he was taken off. This doesn't mean he didn't take a knock to the head, just not one that was apparent to me watching from TV. He was replaced by Miller for about 7 minutes.

Dai Young doesn't seem the cheaty type, so I assume it was nothing dodgy.

Thanks for your input, Saint. Liam Williams would be good LV cover for us, maybe O'Shea should consider it, he's good at turning around players with an unsavoury reputation though none as much of a card magnet as Sanjay.

We also like cheating against other nations' sides, in between being evil and money grabbing and demanding all the money in world rugby and deliberately sabotaging the Welsh national side by not releasing the players they let leave Wales of whom at least 1 is first choice for Gats. It's an English hobby, need a way to pass the time between being evil
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 28 Oct 2014, 11:54 pm

To get back to the issue...
Yes, does sound suspect if he was holding his ankle and sent off to have his head looked at.  

Maybe the medics seriously thought his head needed attention because he was holding his ankle when he was told specifically to hold his head if he injured his ankle?!

Cheatin' - it can get ever so complicated when peoples try to remember what to do in a pre-planned move. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 29 Oct 2014, 10:57 am

If O'Shea got Danny Care on the straight and narrow, he must be pretty good! If Liam joined he'd push that Mike Brown fella straight to the bench.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 29 Oct 2014, 3:08 pm

SecretFly wrote:To get back to the issue...
Yes, does sound suspect if he was holding his ankle and sent off to have his head looked at.  

Maybe the medics seriously thought his head needed attention because he was holding his ankle when he was told specifically to hold his head if he injured his ankle?!

Cheatin' - it can get ever so complicated when peoples try to remember what to do in a pre-planned move. Wink
Didn't see much of the match, and didn't see or recall the incident (if it was an incident at all).  Usually when a player goes off there is a report why.  Was anything said?

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:53 pm

I saw this in a recent match and questioned it. It certainly appears that sometimes a "concussion" substitution is used to patch up a player who has not had a head knock.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed 29 Oct 2014, 6:56 pm

Do we think Quins might be a tad more reticent to point the finger than say another club?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Wed 29 Oct 2014, 8:23 pm

If there is an independent doc at the matches the concussion 'bin' cannot be used to rest or heal up players who aren't bleeding and don't have a head knock. If the doc is not independent, then it is rife for abuse.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Wed 29 Oct 2014, 9:35 pm

Is the independent/opposition doc allowed to officiate on the instigation of the concussion bin i.e, on the field, offering his opinion to the ref, or is he in the medical room after the "rest" is in progress?

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 30 Oct 2014, 10:21 am

Dubbelyew L Overate wrote:Is the independent/opposition doc allowed to officiate on the instigation of the concussion bin i.e, on the field, offering his opinion to the ref, or is he in the medical room after the "rest" is in progress?

Very good point

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down