The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold

+4
BALTIMORA
HumanWindmill
TRUSSMAN66
Steffan
8 posters

Go down

Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold Empty Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold

Post by Steffan Thu 26 May 2011, 9:28 am

Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick is a step closer to receiving a belated 2010 Commonwealth Games gold medal.

Sri Lankan Manju Wanniarachchi, who beat McGoldrick in the bantamweight final in Delhi, was stripped of his title after failing a doping test

Wanniarachchi has now decided not to appeal against the decision and has announced his retirement.

McGoldrick, who at 18 was the youngest of Wales' boxing team, lost the 56kg weight-division final on countback.

Wanniarachchi's gold medal was his country's first in boxing in 72 years and he was hailed as a national hero when he returned home.

But spokesman Sudam Sri Pahalagama said: "He does not wish this matter to drag on and decided against appealing and instead will retire from the sport with immediate effect."

He added that Wanniarachchi maintained his innocence despite a Commonwealth Games Federation Court hearing in Malaysia earlier this month which found him guilty of doping.

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold Empty Re: Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 9:29 am

Hope he doesn't get it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold Empty Re: Welsh boxer Sean McGoldrick a step closer to Delhi gold

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 9:30 am

You're all heart, Truss.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 26 May 2011, 9:32 am

'De fault': the two greatest words in the English language.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 26 May 2011, 9:34 am

BALTIMORA wrote:'De fault': the two greatest words in the English language.

I would pick boorish and crevice as my two favourites Balti

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 9:35 am

rowley wrote:

' Crevice ' does have a nice ring to it.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 26 May 2011, 9:36 am

rowley wrote:

They are lovely, but how often would the opportunity to use them arise on here..? Whistle

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 26 May 2011, 9:41 am

I used boorish just yesterday. Find the more Haye is on TV the more the opportunity should arise. Crevice is a different matter all together. Will make it my mission to use it, and will also try and avoid being crude to do so. Find crudeness on these boards extremely boorish and best avoided (see, it's easy)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 9:43 am

"Not" and "tonight" are probably the two most common words heard in the Trussman household in the last twenty years or so..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 26 May 2011, 9:45 am

I think this idea should be a daily challenge.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 9:45 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"Not" and "tonight" are probably the two most common words heard in the Trussman household in the last twenty years or so..

Romance her a bit, mate. You know, light some candles, cook her a meal, put on some soft music, show her Honeyghan v Curry........................

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 26 May 2011, 9:46 am

Not De Truffit?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 26 May 2011, 9:48 am

HumanWindmill wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:"Not" and "tonight" are probably the two most common words heard in the Trussman household in the last twenty years or so..

Romance her a bit, mate. You know, light some candles, cook her a meal, put on some soft music, show her Honeyghan v Curry........................

Alternatively i've heard chloroform works.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 9:51 am

Hardly at the moment with her belly protruding out......

Besides If I was to start romancing her now she'd probably think I had another woman or something and was trying to cover my tracks....

If only!!!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 26 May 2011, 9:52 am

There's no space in between silly, its 'default', so that's just one word.

You must pick another to make two.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 26 May 2011, 9:55 am

"I would pick boorish and crevice as my two favourites Balti"

Right Rowley, this is just getting boring now. I gave you props for using "boorish" yesterday. Don't milk it.

Crevice on the other hand is a winner. Another point for you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 9:56 am

Michaels, Sean wrote:
HumanWindmill wrote:

Alternatively i've heard chloroform works.

That gets one of my rare forays into

laughing laughing

territory.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 26 May 2011, 9:56 am

Truss is yearning for the 'love crevice'......
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 9:57 am

chloroform wouldn't work on her......

She's a mix between Rasputin the monk and the girl out of the Exorcist..

That's why we never have mushy peas for dinner..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 26 May 2011, 10:02 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:She's a mix between Rasputin the monk and the girl out of the Exorcist....

She has a foul mouth and a beard?

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 26 May 2011, 10:02 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:"I would pick boorish and crevice as my two favourites Balti"

Right Rowley, this is just getting boring now. I gave you props for using "boorish" yesterday. Don't milk it.

You missed my epic use of the word nugatory yesterday, made boorish look like the work of an illiterate buffoon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by HumanWindmill Thu 26 May 2011, 10:05 am

rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:"I would pick boorish and crevice as my two favourites Balti"

You missed my epic use of the word nugatory yesterday, made boorish look like the work of an illiterate buffoon.

Wonder where Adad is , these days.

HumanWindmill
VIP
VIP

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 26 May 2011, 10:05 am

Illiterate and buffoon are two words I would never associate with you Rowley.......

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Thu 26 May 2011, 10:10 am

I like Buffoon. Dipstick is good, and Cretin is also nice if a bit direct.......

Always liked Spazzer but it's apparently very unPC these days.
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 May 2011, 10:12 am

This thread reminds me of one of my Uni lectures...

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 26 May 2011, 10:12 am

"Joey" was interchangeable with "Spaz" when I was a lad.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 10:38 am

I've always had an affinity for Wales...from the age of 19 when I knew it existed!!

Some of my favorite actors Burton, Hopkins and Zeta even used to be Welsh once....

Take my advice Steff get away from there too..

The valley isn't green anymore Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 26 May 2011, 10:40 am

Abertawe in the Premier League eh Steff, I bet that will stick in your craw.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 10:53 am

Am I still in your bad books Union??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 May 2011, 10:54 am

Union Cane wrote:Abertawe in the Premier League eh Steff, I bet that will stick in your craw.

Im trying not to think about it if im honest

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 May 2011, 10:58 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I've always had an affinity for Wales...from the age of 19 when I knew it existed!!

Some of my favorite actors Burton, Hopkins and Zeta even used to be Welsh once....

Take my advice Steff get away from there too..

The valley isn't green anymore Wink

Best broken record ever fair do. Im even starting to quote it myself thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 11:03 am

Don't you want to hear my Welsh rabbit joke ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 May 2011, 11:05 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Don't you want to hear my Welsh rabbit joke ??

Im going to Blackpool tomorrow on a stag weekend so will no doubt get some anti-Welsh racism directed towards me so yeah fire away with your "joke" and get me in the mood thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 26 May 2011, 11:07 am

What makes you think I'm anti-Welsh.....

It's like Mike Tyson resenting James Tillis

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 26 May 2011, 11:09 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What makes you think I'm anti-Welsh.....

It's like Mike Tyson resenting James Tillis

Just a hunch Whistle

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down