The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot

+14
22-2
Gerry SA
AlexHuckerby
catchweight
Dipper Brown
Steffan
TopHat24/7
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
hazharrison
tunes666
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
Rowley
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot - Page 2 Empty Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot

Post by Rowley Mon 03 Nov 2014, 10:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

Will preface this by saying that there is probably not another modern fighter I admire more than Carl Froch. Tends to always want to fight the best and is normally good to watch in his fights. With that out of the way I have to be a little critical of his behaviour of late in respect to James Degale.

As we all know when Degale fought and won on the big Wembley show he became mandatory challenger for Froch's IBF title. As such, in as much as anybody earns a shot nowadays James has done that. It is my contention Froch should either give Degale the title shot he has earned or vacate the belt. I fully understand where Froch is in his career. He wants one big swansong in Vegas before he rides off into his well deserved retirement. Degale will not provide him with this, it would inevitably and rightly be in the UK.

Given all this surely the fair thing to do is to vacate the IBF belt and give a young fighter the chance he has earned. Froch knows as well as anybody how frustrating it is chasing an established champion with his eyes set on bigger things. He would do well to remember Calzaghe vacated his WBC belt pretty quickly after Carl became his mandatory, which gave Carl the chance to get the ball rolling on his title days. My own view is it is time for Carl to do the same. Am all for a fighter keeping his options open but when this is at the expense of another fighter have to say it sticks in my craw a bit. Would have far more admiration for Carl if he was to make up his mind one way or the other, and sooner rather than later.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot

Post by catchweight Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:59 pm

The IBF situation is being engineered by Hearn.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot - Page 2 Empty Re: Froch - Time to Crap or Get off the Pot

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 05 Nov 2014, 11:37 pm

You get the impression Hearn is just dying to see Froch get beat.

All he is , is a talentless guy who's idb'd with an insatiable desire to be star of the show and make money.

Probably quite good at his job though but personally I won't be buying Cleverly Bellew on principle. Was looking forward to it don't get me wrong but I'll just have to go without. Sorry both well beaten at the highest level that's not ppv. If those fights had been competitive then maybe.

Hearn should show Froch a bit more respect, , if it wasn't for Froch , Hearn might not be in the position he is in today.

And anyone who thinks Froch would relinquish to a nomark like DeGale is living in dreamland. Relinquishing is like giving away a piece of your soul. Ain't going to happen. DeGale might have to wait for his beating though.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:51 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fact is the guy has fought his mandatory and is allowed a voluntary.....Froch deserves to be IBF champion.  Degale like every other contender will have to wait his turn..

Don't recall anybody wanting Douglas stripped making Holy wait 10 months..Or to vacate......No one more deserving than him..
He does also have a dead line, and if Degale wins his next fight Froch is going to have to fight him or drop the IBF belt which Degale will then fight for the vacant title against the next in line.

Degale deserves his shot, he has fought decent Euro opposition for a while now, been Euro and Silver champ, and disposed of a top 10 good prospect in good fashion in his last fight, Should he win his next fight then he most certainly will be perfectly in his rights to demand that title shot..

How does fighting a bunch or Euro level fighters equal deserving a world title shot? Fight world level contenders to prove your on that level first.  DeGold has only done that once - and he lost.

Because that's how it works, you fight and work your way up. If he is beating Euro guys then he has earned the right to fight at world level, if you beat a guy that puts you in a mandatory position then that world class fight can be for the title, Euro champ, Silver Champ, and mandatory challenger. If that does not merit a shot then Im not sure what does.

And he is still taking on another Decent fighter even though he is mandatory so it seems when he does get that IBF shot, he would have earned it. But you are very clearly a Degale Hater, So if he killed two Bares in a ring you would think he got an easy ride.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:54 am

hazharrison wrote:Again, you're presuming the IBF will enforce this supposed threat. I don't believe they'll strip Froch to enforce a DeGale fight. They were quite happy to force a Groves fight due to the amount of cash on the table.

Naive to imagine they'll even follow their own rules - it would have to be in their interest.

Stuart Hall was permitted two voluntary defences of his IBF title - why would Froch not be afforded the same? They make it up as they go.

Not sure what past examples you are going on, But the only way Froch can keep belt and avoid Degale if is Degale agrees to let another fighter fight for the belt before him and get paid off... if Degale got offered good money to step back, and then be made mandatory to face the winner then he may choose to do that. But I doubt it.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:05 am

tunes666 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Fact is the guy has fought his mandatory and is allowed a voluntary.....Froch deserves to be IBF champion.  Degale like every other contender will have to wait his turn..

Don't recall anybody wanting Douglas stripped making Holy wait 10 months..Or to vacate......No one more deserving than him..
He does also have a dead line, and if Degale wins his next fight Froch is going to have to fight him or drop the IBF belt which Degale will then fight for the vacant title against the next in line.

Degale deserves his shot, he has fought decent Euro opposition for a while now, been Euro and Silver champ, and disposed of a top 10 good prospect in good fashion in his last fight, Should he win his next fight then he most certainly will be perfectly in his rights to demand that title shot..

How does fighting a bunch or Euro level fighters equal deserving a world title shot? Fight world level contenders to prove your on that level first.  DeGold has only done that once - and he lost.

Because that's how it works, you fight and work your way up. If he is beating Euro guys then he has earned the right to fight at world level, if you beat a guy that puts you in a mandatory position then that world class fight can be for the title, Euro champ, Silver Champ, and mandatory challenger. If that does not merit a shot then Im not sure what does.

And he is still taking on another Decent fighter even though he is mandatory so it seems when he does get that IBF shot, he would have earned it. But you are very clearly a Degale Hater, So if he killed two Bares in a ring you would think he got an easy ride.
What's a Bare?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:08 pm

Steffan wrote:
tunes666 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

What's a Bare?

Bear Smile

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

Good man  Smile

And I agree Degale is one of these fighters on here who can't do anything right

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm

I think Froch is showing signs of getting slower and this showed against both Groves fights.  In the first he could deal with the speed, and in the second Froch kept of reach and Groves tried to pace him self more but did not work..

I think another fight down the line would be another fight older for Froch, and I think Degale is the slightly better fighter than Groves, and could give Froch problems for the 12 rnds...  So for me it would be a win for Degale.

There is no way Froch is going to want to risk losing his last fight to a Brit Rival, he would rather go out off seas or win a last scalp over there,So the Degale fight will not happen.  And to be fair Froch can choose what ever fight he likes and duck anyone as he has paid his dues.

Froch will drop the belt, and Degale will have to fight someone like Gilberto Ramirez for the title, which could well end up being a more difficult fight...

Last edited by tunes666 on Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:19 pm

Steffan wrote:Good man  Smile

People still hold a grudge for his school bully display in the Groves fight..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:29 am

tunes666 wrote:

He's just not very good to watch. Add in that he is a moron and I'm not surprised people aren't interested.

Marco_Marky - Stuffington

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 8:59 am

tunes666 wrote:

It was more his sense of automatic entitlement that rubbed people up the wrong way. Olympic Gold medallist turns pro then expect to be red carpeted to glory above honest fighters who'd earned their shots legitimately? W*nker!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 08 Nov 2014, 9:58 am

DAVE667 wrote:
tunes666 wrote:

It was more his sense of automatic entitlement that rubbed people up the wrong way. Olympic Gold medallist turns pro then expect to be red carpeted to glory above honest fighters who'd earned their shots legitimately? W*nker!!!

At the end of the day its a career, why would a boxer not use such an advantage to help his career?

Its not easy to win a gold, if he did then he has earned the right to use that to his advantage, as any boxer on the planet would..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:20 pm

Degale gets a lot of stick and he isn't the most likeable guy in the World..

But when he gets Groves chucked at him as he does regularly....People do seem to forget that If he'd won that fight no one would have said it was a robbery..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2