The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

+37
banbrotam
CAS
lydian
Josiah Maiestas
Henman Bill
JuliusHMarx
HM Murdock
greengoblin
dummy_half
slashermcguirk
Chazfazzer
DirectView2
lags72
Johnyjeep
MrInvisible
bogbrush
coolpixel
Haddie-nuff
Silver
Calder106
Danny_1982
Mad for Chelsea
It Must Be Love
hawkeye
summerblues
CaledonianCraig
Born Slippy
FedsFan
kingraf
The Special Juan
socal1976
laverfan
erictheblueuk
temporary21
Jahu
LuvSports!
sirfredperry
41 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread Empty World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:48 am

So the ATPs premier showpiece event hits the O2 on Sunday. The sixth showing at the O2 and yielded only 3 different winners. Very interesting this year. 3 virgin qualifiers in Cillic, Raonic and Nishikori. Can we see a new winner? Can Nishikori and Raonic win the biggest title of their careers to date? Federer will have an eye on the DC like his compatriot Wawrinka, though he is woefully out of form of late. Has Murray much left in the tank to win his first title here at the O2? Can Berdych do a Davydenko and strike out of nowhere? Will it be a routine Djokovic victory?

For me the 2 that qualify from each group will be:

Group A

1) Djokovic
2) Raonic

Group B

1) Murray
2) Federer

Djokovic/Murray final

Winner: Djokovic

Back to top Go down

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread Empty Re: World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

Post by sirfredperry Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:58 am

Few will look beyond Djoko as the overall winner. Harder to forecast the rest of the tournament. Tiredness could be a factor. Some of the guys have played an awful lot lately.
I think Fed will make the semis. We could see a revitalised Wawrinka who is probably due a good tournament. As for the debutants, I really can't forecast how they will get on. Raonic could well enjoy the fast conditions but I'm taking Andy, and also Wawrinka, to reach the semis.
No real reason to pick Stan above, say, Berdych, except that I just have a hunch he'll do well.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread Empty Re: World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread

Post by LuvSports! Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:18 pm

Im sorry what fast conditions? When has this court ever been fast?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:31 pm

I sense a final without Djoko, Fed or Andy.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:35 pm

That's a bold prediction Jahu.

Get your Fed pants on! Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by sirfredperry Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 pm

Jahu. Make some money from it. Go to a bookies. Get some odds on your prediction.

sirfredperry

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:22 pm

Going bold

Group A Djoko Berdy

Group B Murray Nishikori!

Winner Berdy!! Cool Cool Cool Cool

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by erictheblueuk Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:04 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:

For me the 2 that qualify from each group will be:

Group A

1) Djokovic
2) Raonic

Group B

1) Murray
2) Federer

Djokovic/Murray final

Winner: Djokovic

Isn't Raonic in group B with Murray, Federer and Nishikori ?

Anyway I'm going with:-

Group A) Djokovic and Berdych
Group B) Federer and Murray

With Djokovic to beat Federer in the final.

erictheblueuk
erictheblueuk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:35 pm

Good spot batman!

I will place Berdych instead of Raonic. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:31 pm

Federer may just scrape it into SF, but is an unlikely candidate for the Finals, IMO. I expect Djokovic to win, irrespective of who is on the other side. If Federer does make it, unless he plays like Shanghai (or the way he beat Nadal in straight sets), he has no chance.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:56 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:That's a bold prediction Jahu.

Get your Fed pants on! Laugh

Hahahah, cant put his BIG nose picture on my thongs, wont fit like Goffin Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:58 pm

sirfredperry wrote:Jahu. Make some money from it. Go to a bookies. Get some odds on your prediction.

Sir, I've never bet in my life, but you heard it here first !! Laugh
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:22 pm

Djoko and fed in the final that is the way I see it, I think Andy may be a bit gassed this late in the year. Djoko in 3 sets to retain the year end #1.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:27 pm

I think Federer could struggle to get out of the group. Surely he must have one eye on the DC. Once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:28 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I think Federer could struggle to get out of the group. Surely he must have one eye on the DC. Once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

The Swiss could play Bastl & Chiudinelli and probably make a good go at it. The French are either too busy shooting themselves in the feet (I'm looking at you Gael) or are woefully out of form. Seriously though, Federer might only have to play 1 DC match so I expect him to put a lot into this WTF.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:37 pm

The DC has two issues though, the first is Stans form, the second is the French crowd, who wnt be on Feds side for the first time in a long time.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:52 pm

temporary21 wrote:The DC has two issues though, the first is Stans form, the second is the French crowd, who wnt be on Feds side for the first time in a long time.

I suppose it depends how the French play. When Murray came back from 2 sets down v Gasquet there (the second time) they were booing Reechard by the end of the match so it could fall like that for Roger.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:59 am

The Special Juan wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I think Federer could struggle to get out of the group. Surely he must have one eye on the DC. Once in a lifetime opportunity for him.

The Swiss could play Bastl & Chiudinelli and probably make a good go at it.  The French are either too busy shooting themselves in the feet (I'm looking at you Gael) or are woefully out of form.  Seriously though, Federer might only have to play 1 DC match so I expect him to put a lot into this WTF.

As insane as it sounds the French could still pull it off Laugh

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Fed will win the Davis Cup but Djoko will win the year ender and clear the final hurdle to world #1.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 pm

I would say that's a fair assessment.

Never thought Federer would be in with a shot of the DC. Sort of hoping if Broady and Edmund can make head ways in the coming years us Brits will see some DC success Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:17 pm

Path Opened up like the sea for Federer this year in DC, and equally important, he had a partner quite willing to dance with him. I'd be very happy for him if he won DC, but at the same time, I wouldn't mind the new Les Quatre Mousquetaires finally putting something behind their names collectively, given the relative paucity of their career achievements.

Re: WTF - Tough to not see a Djoko win, he's lost like one match indoor in the last two years, and this surface plays just how he wants it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:20 am

I am not being pessimistic here but I too think Federer may be up against it. This group is not the hardest he has been in but when you take what the younger guys have achieved this year, that makes them a serious threat and then you have a resurgent Murray to mix things up in there.

I noticed towards the end of Basel Fed wasn't serving as comfortably as he was in Shanghai and seemed to be putting a lot more effort into his service action. Then in Paris he struggled from day 1 and having watched him against Pouille, I knew he was way off his Shanghai level and he lost the next round.

Fitness is an issue and to string two weeks back to back seems to be a problem. I hope he can win this but at the same time, he has 6 of these already so maybe it might be more to the point chasing the DC as that is not likely to happen again for him or Swiss tennis for another 20 years.

Djokovic to win vs Murray a week Sunday and the only thing that would cheer me up from a Fed fan point of view is if the Swiss win the DC. Otherwise this year would be another year where Federer missed out making history. Lately when comes to achieving something huge, he always falls short i.e Wimbledon, YE #1 etc

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:59 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:I would say that's a fair assessment.

Never thought Federer would be in with a shot of the DC. Sort of hoping if Broady and Edmund can make head ways in the coming years us Brits will see some DC success Very Happy

Switzerland have had two players capable of winning the Davis Cup for about 10 years. Only Spain could put out two better singles players. Its a shame that they have never really focussed on it.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:08 am

I would be surprised if it isn't a Novak v Fed final. This court has never really suited Murray - it's a bit too slow for him - and he must be tired anyway.

Think Fed and Murray will win today.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Born Slippy wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:I would say that's a fair assessment.

Switzerland have had two players capable of winning the Davis Cup for about 10 years. Only Spain could put out two better singles players. Its a shame that they have never really focussed on it.

Hmmmm not sure I would go along with that completely. Serbia have had some strong teams in recent times. I might put them ahead of the Swiss.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:42 pm

Interestingly Group B is without any of the Slam winners of 2014.

Last time that occurred was back in 2005.

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:41 pm

Andy Murray about to take to the court to play Kei Nishikori. It should be a cracker and the loser will face an uphill task to progress.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:52 pm

I am fancying Murray.

CC what will you do if this overlaps with the Brazilian GP? chin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:03 pm

Murray in 2 for me. World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread 3559488474 World Tour Finals Thread - Match & Prediction Thread 3559488474

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:11 pm

If Nishi serves like he served against Nole in Paris, Andy in two easy sets.  If he serves well, then it could go either way.

In any event, good luck Nishi.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:12 pm

Poor Kei Sad He was not allowed on the main showcourt to practice. He had to play in very different conditions in the cold.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:13 pm

legendkillarV2 wrote:I am fancying Murray.

CC what will you do if this overlaps with the Brazilian GP? chin

Stick with the tennis. F1 is losing it's appeal with all it's dodgy dealings.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:17 pm

Where the hell is Petchy??!!

We need him for this match!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:32 pm

Nishi missing a trick there. Too aggressive!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:35 pm

Just like that Nishi goes walkies and Murray and gets the break. 2-3 Murray.

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:37 pm

Crying or Very sad

Four doubles from Nishi in three service games.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:39 pm

This court is a slow as... well as it always is, I wonder if its because its cold in there. Good luck getting past Novak on this.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:40 pm

Murray repays the favour! mad

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Really poor quality this so far.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:41 pm

Andy gives up the break with his own DF.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:42 pm

temporary21 wrote:This court is a slow as... well as it always is, I wonder if its because its cold in there. Good luck getting past Novak on this.

This court is like treacle.

6 games in and not a single winner off the baseline.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:46 pm

woohoo, finally a baseline winner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:47 pm

and another. Go Kei. He's making all the play. Murray just keeping the ball in.

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:49 pm

Go nishi!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:54 pm

Stop the df's nishi!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:56 pm

That's it nishi blunt the moonballer!

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:57 pm

LuvSports! wrote:That's it nishi blunt the moonballer!
Nadal isn't playing ¿

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Good hold.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:58 pm

emancipator wrote:
temporary21 wrote:This court is a slow as... well as it always is, I wonder if its because its cold in there. Good luck getting past Novak on this.

This court is like treacle.

6 games in and not a single winner off the baseline.

treacle is being generous TBH. Bounce seems a bit inconsistent too, both players struggling to time the ball properly, hope it settles down a little. Nadal would have loved these conditions...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:01 pm

Bizarre tactical approach by Andy. Sit back, get it in.

Nish deserves this set. He has at least tried to be aggressive.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next