The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales vs Fiji

+35
welshy824 (new)
LordDowlais
Bluedragon
Biltong
TJ
2ndtimeround
tatterd
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
GavinDragon
LeinsterFan4life
IanBru
mckay1402
RDW
tigertattie
glamorganalun
PenfroPete
Geordie
samuraidragon
George Carlin
Wi11
HammerofThunor
gavstar
BamBam
The Saint
jimmyinthewell68
Cardiff Dave
majesticimperialman
bedfordwelsh
ScarletSpiderman
No9
maestegmafia
wales606
SecretFly
Seagultaf
chris_501
39 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wales vs Fiji - Page 3 Empty Wales vs Fiji

Post by Guest Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:35 am

First topic message reminder :

Moving on from the disappointment of last weekend, here is the team to play Fiji

Wales vs Fiji - Page 3 1503356_10152546399503722_6187521363457770511_n

15. Liam Williams (Scarlets)
14. Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues)
13. Scott Williams (Scarlets)
12. Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro)
11. George North (Northampton Saints)
10. Rhys Priestland (Scarlets)
9. Mike Phillips (Racing Metro)
1. Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues, CAPT)
2. Scott Baldwin (Ospreys)
3. Samson Lee (Scarlets)
4. Bradley Davies (Wasps)
5. Luke Charteris (Racing Metro)
6. Dan Lydiate (Unattached)
7. Justin Tipuric (Ospreys)
8. Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons).

Replacements: Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Nicky Smith (Ospreys), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), James King (Ospreys), Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), James Hook (Gloucester), Cory Allen (Cardiff Blues).

Last edited by IronMike on Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Wales vs Fiji - Page 3 Empty Re: Wales vs Fiji

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:10 pm

Phillips has been very poor.

The referee has slowed the game, taken the fun out of it, constant referrals to the TMO.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:11 pm

Well that was a poor decision. Thanks Italian coaching team.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:11 pm

No try but in no way can you say that was a completed tackle!!!
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Brad Davies and Priestland not great

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:15 pm

Holy Poopie the referee is killing this game

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:17 pm

This ref must have gone to the same school as Clancey, Rolland and Barnes

Has ruined this match with his lack of heart for what is good in the game...

How long has the TMO reports held up the match...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Why the ref is on the field he should ask the tmo to ref

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:18 pm

My love for Leone Nakarawa knows no bounds.
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:19 pm

Fiji were holding there.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:19 pm

They might as well just replace this ref with a TMO. Talk about over use. Saying that we've had two incorrect TMO calls IMO so not sure it would be a good thing.

P.s. We're so rubbish right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:19 pm

And that's what Priestland brings to the game.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:20 pm

What happened?

I fell asleep last time the ref stopped the game.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:20 pm

Well done Priestland now can Gatland have the balls to finally drop him.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:21 pm

I don't agree with Priestland being booed in the past, but what a s*ite player.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm

A big loss to NZ and a close loss to SA based on our squad depth. Crap rugby made even worse by bonehead officials.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:24 pm

Liam Williams was the only good player on the pitch today

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:26 pm

Not a bad result for Fiji given the players they are STILL missing but are lining up fir their top14 clubs.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:30 pm

I see what Wales doing , they pretending to be this rubbish to catch new Zealand off guard . That was painful to watch

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:32 pm

Sometimes you get held into a tight game or beaten by a southseas team and you have to give them credit for the way they played...

Not today both teams were dire, officials were poor

The only positive on either side was Liam Williams performance

Mike Phillips is shot at international level, gareth edwards would have been quicker from the base of rucks,

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Half backs lost it for Wales today,yes won the war but lost the battle,

The forwards did carry the backs did offer themselves but the half backs ruined it.

I expected a 10 point win personally when i saw the team sheets so the score line is not a shock it is the poor manner in which it happened.
Lydiate also should be dropped from the entire squad he offers nothing! chop tackle thou chop tackle!!! who cares players just offload whilst being chop tackled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:41 pm

No mention about Scott Baldwin then? Adds to the already problematic lineout, how many times did he throw a non straight lineout? Must be more than Rory Best at this rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Already problematic lineout? Already?! When Hibbard is playing our lineout is good.

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:46 pm

we didn't score a single point against 14 men for how long? the all blacks must be laughing their c*cks off

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:48 pm

our lineout was perfect until that second half when the whole game and structure went to pot

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:49 pm

Baldwin played well to be fair, his lineout throwing went to sh*te late in the 2nd half though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:53 pm

So failure to close out big games and failure to put weaker opposition to bed, clearly not being managed throughout the week correctly.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:55 pm

Also what idiot changes eight players and expects to have a flowing smooth game?

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:02 pm

The Saint wrote:Baldwin played well to be fair, his lineout throwing went to sh*te late in the 2nd half though.

To be fair the tail jumpers missed long throws on a number of those not necsasrily Baldwins fault.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:03 pm

The guys on here singling Priestland out for criticism are either blind or just so delusional over the gutter press that they can't actually see what is going on.
He was not the guy losing the ball in the tackle all the time, or missing 4 consecutive straight lineouts throws, or suffering from white line fever either by failing to pass or by trying to crawl over the line from 3 meters, etc etc etc.
What he did do is play a large part in both of Wales tries from open play by making the right decisions and completing accurate passes, controlling play in the centre of the field in an otherwise very untidy game.
The only error was the intercepted pass which by the very nature of the game was an accident waiting to happen. Similar to what happened last week incidentally for an Australian try with no criticism of the pass or more importantly the player.
All I can say to you guys is watch the whole game and stop sheep like following undeserved criticism.
If anyone deserved criticism today it was the 3 of the officials for seemingly deciding after 50 ins that they were going to slow the game to a standstill, the play may have been very unstructured but apart from all the time wasted by officials it was fast and fun to watch. Some of these guys need to remember their standing over an entertainment industry that is struggling to entertain.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:06 pm

2ndtimearound, he did lose the ball in contact though. And he even lost it when he wasn't in contact, the ball just dropped from his bloody hands. He missed 2 kicks at goal as well, he's been missing all season. The backs performance in general was poor which affected the overall performance. 9 and 10 were the main issue, changing them would have changed the course of the game. Substitutions were not utilised well enough today.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:15 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:The guys on here singling Priestland out for criticism are either blind or just so delusional over the gutter press that they can't actually see what is going on.
He was not the guy losing the ball in the tackle all the time, or missing 4 consecutive straight lineouts throws, or suffering from white line fever either by failing to pass or by trying to crawl over the line from 3 meters, etc etc etc.
What he did do is play a large part in both of Wales tries from open play by making the right decisions and completing accurate passes, controlling play in the centre of the field in an otherwise very untidy game.
The only error was the intercepted pass which by the very nature of the game was an accident waiting to happen. Similar to what happened last week incidentally for an Australian try with no criticism of the pass or more importantly the player.
All I can say to you guys is watch the whole game and stop sheep like following undeserved criticism.
If anyone deserved criticism today it was the 3 of the officials for seemingly deciding after 50 ins that they were going to slow the game to a standstill, the play may have been very unstructured but apart from all the time wasted by officials it was fast and fun to watch. Some of these guys need to remember their standing over an entertainment industry that is struggling to entertain.

Nice to see another rugby fan un-clouded by a sensationalist media campaign.

He had a poor game but he was not as bad as many many others.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:20 pm

The Saint wrote:2ndtimearound, he did lose the ball in contact though. And he even lost it when he wasn't in contact, the ball just dropped from his bloody hands. He missed 2 kicks at goal as well, he's been missing all season. The backs performance in general was poor which affected the overall performance. 9 and 10 were the main issue, changing them would have changed the course of the game. Substitutions were not utilised well enough today.

Agreed. And not to forget he threw an intercept pass for their last try. That led to heart in mouth moments at the end where Fiji could have won it. Not sure why he should get praise for a number of mistakes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Priestland had an ok game, just needs to sort his goal kicking out. He did make some nice passes that set up a couple of the tries. And he even kicked to touch well at times.

The team let themselves down today, far too many forced passes and losing the ball in contact, we would be on the receiving end of a massacre against the All Blacks a better side than Fiji if we played like that against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:21 pm

Saint.
I agree on substitutions not been used correctly, Baldwin played really well for 65 mins but I believe the stray throws came purely from tiredness after a frenetic pace,(would be happy to see him start next week), as such Emyr Phillips should off come on, can't really recall a knock on from Rhys but also can't remember him taking it into contact often apart from sometime mid 2nd half when after several attempts by the forwards to break the gain line by running into contact and failing to make a inch Rhys finally did gain a metre and recycle by finding space.
The only player that really deserved praise today is Sanjay, but to single Priestland out for criticism when other players were far poorer is just not right, I know there has always been a tendency in Wales to slate the incumbent 10 but to single him out today is unfair.
As for the missed kicks, both were conversion attempts from the widest angle, hardly easy kicks, especially as he is only kicking due to a missing 1st choice kicker. It never will be his strong point and I personally wish he would step back from been the 1st choice kicker at the Scarlet's also.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:23 pm

Griff.
Not sure where I praised him tbh.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:27 pm

Hello? We couldn't score a point agfainst 14 men! Anyone of the opinion that thast performace was anything other than abject is deluded!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:39 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:Saint.
I agree on substitutions not been used correctly, Baldwin played really well for 65 mins but I believe the stray throws came purely from tiredness after a frenetic pace,(would be happy to see him start next week), as such Emyr Phillips should off come on, can't really recall a knock on from Rhys but also can't remember him taking it into contact often apart from sometime mid 2nd half when after several attempts by the forwards to break the gain line by running into contact and failing to make a inch Rhys finally did gain a metre and recycle by finding space.
The only player that really deserved praise today is Sanjay, but to single Priestland out for criticism when other players were far poorer is just not right, I know there has always been a tendency in Wales to slate the incumbent 10 but to single him out today is unfair.
As for the missed kicks, both were conversion attempts from the widest angle, hardly easy kicks, especially as he is only kicking due to a missing 1st choice kicker. It never will be his strong point and I personally wish he would step back from been the 1st choice kicker at the Scarlet's also.

I don't really think he's being singled out, you could argue Phillips and Baldwin have been too. The whole team has been labelled poor, but it was just the backs IMO, the forwards were okay. I think RP was a special kind of poor today though, so I'm going to be singling him out for a change. His play is too error strewn and the fly-half needs to be flawless. I know I'll probably get accused of believing the media now but not sure how, seeing as they've been trying to big him up all week and label the booing unacceptable, but he needs to retire from the international team. His selection and performances after he has had enough time to prove himself is unbelievable.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:44 pm

I never said that Priestland was the only one to blame. I was just voicing my opinion that, whilst the previous booing was atrocious, for me Priestland is not a very good outside half at this level. The mistakes he made did little to change my mind on his suitability for this team. Fly half is meant to control the game, pull the strings, etc. Yes he made some passes for the tries, but are you really saying that a 10 should be praised for passing the ball? Passing the ball well should be standard for any international half back. But the knock ons and fumbles and intercept try, plus not taking control of the game (his job as a 10 IMO) means I didn't rate his performance. When a game opens up and becomes like 7s then the halfbacks, as the ones who get to decide what happens usually at each passage of play once a tackle has been made, have to take responsibility for that.

Sorry if that is not in line with your thinking on the player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:48 pm

IronMike wrote:Priestland had an ok game, just needs to sort his goal kicking out. He did make some nice passes that set up a couple of the tries. And he even kicked to touch well at times.

The team let themselves down today, far too many forced passes and losing the ball in contact, we would be on the receiving end of a massacre against the All Blacks a better side than Fiji if we played like that against them.

You've just been suckered in by Jiffy trying to over egg anything he did above poor. His passing for the tries weren't anything I wouldn't expect any fly half to do and the penalty kick to touch and some of his touch finders are again the same.

He did not have an ok game. He was certainly not alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:50 pm

Griff wrote:I never said that Priestland was the only one to blame. I was just voicing my opinion that, whilst the previous booing was atrocious, for me Priestland is not a very good outside half at this level. The mistakes he made did little to change my mind on his suitability for this team. Fly half is meant to control the game, pull the strings, etc. Yes he made some passes for the tries, but are you really saying that a 10 should be praised for passing the ball? Passing the ball well should be standard for any international half back. But the knock ons and fumbles and intercept try, plus not taking control of the game (his job as a 10 IMO) means I didn't rate his performance. When a game opens up and becomes like 7s then the halfbacks, as the ones who get to decide what happens usually at each passage of play once a tackle has been made, have to take responsibility for that.

Sorry if that is not in line with your thinking on the player.

It might not be in line with is thinking but it's pretty spot on. It's funny that RP seems to have a knight in shining armour brigade after all these wasted opportunities, who seem to try and hide his flaws by attempting to point out mythical, greater flaws of players around him.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:52 pm

The Saint wrote:

I don't really think he's being singled out, you could argue Phillips and Baldwin have been too. The whole team has been labelled poor, but it was just the backs IMO, the forwards were okay. I think RP was a special kind of poor today though, so I'm going to be singling him out for a change. His play is too error strewn and the fly-half needs to be flawless. I know I'll probably get accused of believing the media now but not sure how, seeing as they've been trying to big him up all week and label the booing unacceptable, but he needs to retire from the international team. His selection and performances after he has had enough time to prove himself is unbelievable.

I think you are being ridiculous.

Your are trying to find a scape goat when the story is that they all need to work a lot harder.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:53 pm

BTW, I should add that I thought Scott Williams looked off the pace today. Unless he can get fitter and up his game I'd be tempted to pair Cory Allen with Roberts against the ABs.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:55 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Your are trying to find a scape goat when the story is that they all need to work a lot harder.

maes you're still talking rubbish like you did in your previous post and not only that you seem to be misinterpreting everything we say as "RP lost us the game" for some reason. You repeat the same rubbish every time we criticise a player, change the record please.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:59 pm

The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:

maes you're still talking rubbish like you did in your previous post and not only that you seem to be misinterpreting everything we say as "RP lost us the game" for some reason. You repeat the same rubbish every time we criticise a player, change the record please.

Every poor performance by Wales you single out a player, make them the scape goat and launch a tirade at them.

Priestland put in a poor performance, so did pretty much everyone else on both teams and the ref ruined the game with his over use of technology to fill his flawed ability to be concise.

We get you thought it was priestlands fault, I completely disagree with you that it was all his fault.

Let's see if you can discuss anything else about the game, maybe even be mature enough to find a positive aspect, or something we can take from the match to aid a positive forward step...!

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:13 pm

The Saint wrote:BTW, I should add that I thought Scott Williams looked off the pace today. Unless he can get fitter and up his game I'd be tempted to pair Cory Allen with Roberts against the ABs.

Roberts dropped more ball than anyone today, If Allen is to be paired with anyone it should be JD2 who is possibly fit in time.
Of the 2 though from today, Roberts failed to handle what he did try whilst S Williams didn't really seem to try anything other than hold position.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:15 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Every poor performance by Wales you single out a player, make them the scape goat and launch a tirade at them.

Priestland put in a poor performance, so did pretty much everyone else on both teams and the ref ruined the game with his over use of technology to fill his flawed ability to be concise.

We get you thought it was priestlands fault, I completely disagree with you that it was all his fault.

Let's see if you can discuss anything else about the game, maybe even be mature enough to find a positive aspect, or something we can take from the match to aid a positive forward step...!

I don't think you're following my posting this evening. I've already alluded to what I thought the reasons for a poor game were today, in fact those reasons were in reply to you on another thread. You seem to have not bothered to read it, or just ignored it (probably the latter). We know you disagree with criticism but there's really no need to reply with BS accusations against me. Anyway, I now have to slip out for the night. I don't want to come back on tomorrow with a bad head and read more BS from you, so have a word with yourself Wink.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:16 pm

2ndtimeround wrote:
The Saint wrote:BTW, I should add that I thought Scott Williams looked off the pace today. Unless he can get fitter and up his game I'd be tempted to pair Cory Allen with Roberts against the ABs.

Roberts dropped more ball than anyone today, If Allen is to be paired with anyone it should be JD2 who is possibly fit in time.
Of the 2 though from today, Roberts failed to handle what he did try whilst S Williams didn't really seem to try anything other than hold position.

Fair point about the dropped balls by Roberts, he was pretty average today as was Williams. Throwing JD2 back in after a lay-off, I'm not sure that's the answer. Roberts and Allen looked alright against Aus.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by 2ndtimeround Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:20 pm

tatterd wrote:Hello? We couldn't score a point agfainst 14 men! Anyone of the opinion that thast performace was anything other than abject is deluded!

Not seen anyone praise any performance, the only point I have raised is that there were far weaker performances today than Priestlands and most of those came from players that are probable starters next week.

2ndtimeround

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:27 pm

You guys who thought Priestland had a shocker, Dan Carter has already eclipsed him in Murrayfield in just forty minutes..

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:35 pm

The team needed the supposed controller at 10 to control. He didnt. And it was a pathetic attempt by jiffy to praise passing he would not have praised another 10 for
Also jiffy would have said " you have to nail those kicks " or " thats 2 hes missed now " if biggar was there. Studio guests let him off too. Orders from the management like the last time rp was pn the way down ? Not like our little jiffy.be interesting on scrum 5 .

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next