The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

+35
Marky
psycho-gooner
President Trump
ncfc_Tooze
Gregers
Dr Shoe
owen10ozzy
kingraf
MetalMotty
dyrewolfe
DrDeath
adamk
Nay
liverbnz
Nakatomi Plaza
Prometheus
bretmeharty
The_Enigma
Hero
nadeem2099
NickisBHAFC
Brilliant_yep
Crimey
XR
Shot 21 LCFC
RinoGattuso
crippledtart
TwisT
Kay Fabe
JamesLincs
talkingpoint
Jammy31
Enforcer
VDT
Adam D
39 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 14 Empty News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Jim Ross has been signed for GWFs first show - New Japans Wrestle Kingdom 9 on Jan 4th.

That is all

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 14 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando Thu 03 Sep 2015, 8:05 pm

GFW have apparently agreed a UK TV deal with who i don't know.

Josh Matthews has married Madison Rayne & Big Johnny Laurinitis is marrying the Bella Twins mom Laugh

Nikki Storm & Kanna are having medical tests with WWE soon.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

News items that dont merit their own thread...thread - Page 14 Empty Re: News items that dont merit their own thread...thread

Post by Fernando Thu 03 Sep 2015, 10:55 pm

In an update to the GFW TV deal....Jarrett has been talking with the BT rights & acquisition manager on twitter so guess that's probably it Laugh

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Thu 03 Sep 2015, 10:59 pm

Fernando wrote:GFW have apparently agreed a UK TV deal with who i don't know.

Josh Matthews has married Madison Rayne & Big Johnny Laurinitis is marrying the Bella Twins mom Laugh

Nikki Storm & Kanna are having medical tests with WWE soon.

I would fly to Orlando to see Kana vs Eva Marie, someone would die (hint it's not Kana)

Be sad to see Nikki leave the Scottish/Female Indy scenes but she deserves the big break and one of the few talents who could come in on Sasha's level

So Road Warrior Animal is now Daniel Bryan's uncle-in-law?

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:33 pm

Was thinking BT was the deal to get. That could be really big for them.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 03 Sep 2015, 11:33 pm

There's an interview with Gargano and Ciampa on WWE.com so looks like they may well be more than just rumour now.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:05 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:There's an interview with Gargano and Ciampa on WWE.com so looks like they may well be more than just rumour now.

Interesting signings, Gargano is a great wrestler, I'm not a fan of Ciampa personally but a lot of people like him and he's got a character to him already so it should help him in the WWE environment

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 04 Sep 2015, 9:02 am

It's interesting to me that they have kept those names on wwe.com. Makes me wonder whether it's just to legitimise the Dusty Classic, not bring them in. Gargano is interesting though as he has the history with WWE. Ciampa was "fired" by ROH recently if I'm correct so points to a deal having been done.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 04 Sep 2015, 2:53 pm

Ciampa & Gargano would do well in WWE, Quite enjoying this indy people turning up at NXT seemingly works well for them so far.

on WWE Smackdown tonight, Charlotte revealed in a backstage segment that she has petitioned The Authority to have her title match against Nikki Bella moved to an earlier date than Night of Champions.

Charlotte wants to defeat Nikki for the Divas Title before Nikki breaks AJ Lee’s title reign record. The Authority has yet to respond to Charlotte’s request.

If they are serious about a Diva Revolution then id have it main event Raw (seriously) instead of filler on a PPV.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:02 pm

Fernando wrote:Ciampa & Gargano would do well in WWE, Quite enjoying this indy people turning up at NXT seemingly works well for them so far.

on WWE Smackdown tonight, Charlotte revealed in a backstage segment that she has petitioned The Authority to have her title match against Nikki Bella moved to an earlier date than Night of Champions.

Charlotte wants to defeat Nikki for the Divas Title before Nikki breaks AJ Lee’s title reign record. The Authority has yet to respond to Charlotte’s request.

If they are serious about a Diva Revolution then id have it main event Raw (seriously) instead of filler on a PPV.

That just tells me Charlotte is going to lose.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:06 pm

Samo wrote:
Fernando wrote:Ciampa & Gargano would do well in WWE, Quite enjoying this indy people turning up at NXT seemingly works well for them so far.

That just tells me Charlotte is going to lose.

Well Charlotte was suppose to win the title 1st night on Raw right until Cena put a stop to it so never know.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 04 Sep 2015, 3:09 pm

After nearly a year of Nikki as champ I would hope it would be for something. If she doesnt break the record we suffered for nothing.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 04 Sep 2015, 7:43 pm

PWI Top 10 for 2015 (I suspect House will have something to say about this Laugh)

1. Seth Rollins (suck it Hero tomato)
2. John Cena, who achieved his 12th consecutive Top 10 ranking.
3. AJ Styles
4. Roman Reigns
5. Shinsuke Nakamura
6. Randy Orton
7. Jay Briscoe
8. Rusev
9. Alberto El Patron
10. Kevin Owens

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 04 Sep 2015, 7:45 pm

Roman Reigns at Number 4? Ok then.

And Owens should definitely be higher, very few people have has as successful a rookie year (in WWE) than he has.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 04 Sep 2015, 8:11 pm

Fernando wrote:PWI Top 10 for 2015 (I suspect House will have something to say about this Laugh)

1. Seth Rollins (suck it Hero tomato)
2. John Cena, who achieved his 12th consecutive Top 10 ranking.
3. AJ Styles
4. Roman Reigns
5. Shinsuke Nakamura
6. Randy Orton
7. Jay Briscoe
8. Rusev
9. Alberto El Patron
10. Kevin Owens

I think Cena, AJ, Owens and maybe Nakamura and Rollins are definites. The others.... Well, I'd say that Strong, Banks, Tanahashi, Ibushi and EC3 might have a strong claim against any of them.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 04 Sep 2015, 8:51 pm

Tanahashi is 11th
ECIII is 30th
Ibushi is 40th
Strong is 62nd

It's a strange list this year got people like Pentagon Jr 95th yet Big Show 36th Erm

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 04 Sep 2015, 10:57 pm

During an appearance on Main Event Madness, Bruce Hart talked about Tyson Kidd's neck injury that he suffered in a match against Samoa Joe. Here's what he had to say:

"I was taken aback when I heard about, just the way WWE handled it. He injured his neck quite badly in that match with Samoa Joe. I was told when he [Tyson Kidd] was in the dressing room after, one agent, he indifferently said ‘go take your shower’. [Kidd] said no my neck is really f***ed up and I was told he said ‘we’re not going to pay for an ambulance’ and they were almost making it out like he was a hypochondriac. My niece Nattie, his wife, they said if you wanted to go to the hospital it’s your choice. She set out for the hospital and got lost in San Antonio and she finally got there after some kind of driving around. When they got there, they did the CT scans and MRIs and immediately determined that it was a near fatal injury. It was a fraction of an inch from either being a fatality or a paralysis from the neck down type thing. They notified the WWE of this, and I was told there were only 3 or 4 places in the US where they can perform this type of microsurgery that would stabilize and do what they needed to for his neck. They had to at that point charter a some kind of air ambulance from San Antonio to Florida, which was the closest place that did that type of surgery. I heard that cost $100,000 and they had to fly him back for that. At this point I was told they haven’t made any contact, WWE hasn’t called, some of the wrestlers have called TJ, as I know him. At this point as far as I’ve been told it’s certain his career’s over and that he’s fortunate to not be a paraplegic."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 04 Sep 2015, 11:13 pm

That's a Kayfabe list. So expect it to be a little off common opinion.

Charlotte heel turn needed. Already. Need to spark life into this and she's a natural heel.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Sep 2015, 2:27 pm

Fernando wrote:During an appearance on Main Event Madness, Bruce Hart talked about Tyson Kidd's neck injury that he suffered in a match against Samoa Joe. Here's what he had to say:

"I was taken aback when I heard about, just the way WWE handled it. He injured his neck quite badly in that match with Samoa Joe. I was told when he [Tyson Kidd] was in the dressing room after, one agent, he indifferently said ‘go take your shower’. [Kidd] said no my neck is really f***ed up and I was told he said ‘we’re not going to pay for an ambulance’ and they were almost making it out like he was a hypochondriac. My niece Nattie, his wife, they said if you wanted to go to the hospital it’s your choice. She set out for the hospital and got lost in San Antonio and she finally got there after some kind of driving around. When they got there, they did the CT scans and MRIs and immediately determined that it was a near fatal injury. It was a fraction of an inch from either being a fatality or a paralysis from the neck down type thing. They notified the WWE of this, and I was told there were only 3 or 4 places in the US where they can perform this type of microsurgery that would stabilize and do what they needed to for his neck. They had to at that point charter a some kind of air ambulance from San Antonio to Florida, which was the closest place that did that type of surgery. I heard that cost $100,000 and they had to fly him back for that. At this point I was told they haven’t made any contact, WWE hasn’t called, some of the wrestlers have called TJ, as I know him. At this point as far as I’ve been told it’s certain his career’s over and that he’s fortunate to not be a paraplegic."

TJ WilsonVerified account
‏@KiddWWE
Just for the record I haven't had contact with Bruce Hart in over a decade. End of story, rumor mill over!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 05 Sep 2015, 11:59 pm

Rumour is that WWE (or NXT as a separate entity, if you prefer) plan for Bayley to first feud with Dana Brooke before moving onto a feud with Eva Marie.

WrestleZone wrote:WWE officials really want to validate Eva Marie right now by making her NXT Women’s Champion. The idea is that they can tell the story of Eva proving her critics wrong through hard work.

It goes on to say that theres a possibility of Eva Marie vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: London. Eva Marie will get s*** on in London worse than the American lot, and it will be even worse if she wins.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 06 Sep 2015, 3:44 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Rumour is that WWE (or NXT as a separate entity, if you prefer) plan for Bayley to first feud with Dana Brooke before moving onto a feud with Eva Marie.

WrestleZone wrote:WWE officials really want to validate Eva Marie right now by making her NXT Women’s Champion. The idea is that they can tell the story of Eva proving her critics wrong through hard work.

It goes on to say that theres a possibility of Eva Marie vs Bayley at NXT Takeover: London. Eva Marie will get s*** on in London worse than the American lot, and it will be even worse if she wins.

They need to remind her when to kick out during a pinfall attempt. That really make me angry watching that the past week. Its a simple mistake, but one of the absolute basics that made everyone involved look stupid. The ref looked stupid for having to kid on there was a kick out, the lassie she was wrestling had to release the pin and kid on she nearly had her beat, the announcers had to do their best to cover for it.

Get Eva Marie to Frak. Apparently her match vs Carmella at Takeover was heavily edited for TV because it was such an abortion. Seriously, get, her, tae, Frak.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:42 pm

Samo wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Rumour is that WWE (or NXT as a separate entity, if you prefer) plan for Bayley to first feud with Dana Brooke before moving onto a feud with Eva Marie.

They need to remind her when to kick out during a pinfall attempt.  That really make me angry watching that the past week.  Its a simple mistake, but one of the absolute basics that made everyone involved look stupid.  The ref looked stupid for having to kid on there was a kick out, the lassie she was wrestling had to release the pin and kid on she nearly had her beat, the announcers had to do their best to cover for it.

Get Eva Marie to Frak.  Apparently her match vs Carmella at Takeover was heavily edited for TV because it was such an abortion. Seriously, get, her, tae, Frak.

Further to this, read more today to suggest she wouldnt beat Bayley at first attempt, and possibly not even second, but third attempt. This is because they know the fans will s*** on any title win any time soon, and it plays into her being such a hard worker and how it has been a journey. All this while she would remain a babyface.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:52 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Further to this, read more today to suggest she wouldnt beat Bayley at first attempt, and possibly not even second, but third attempt. This is because they know the fans will s*** on any title win any time soon, and it plays into her being such a hard worker and how it has been a journey. All this while she would remain a babyface.

The fans at Full Sail already almost universally hate her. Look at past NXT womens champions, Paige, Charlotte, Sasha and now Bayley. All 4 women who are natural wrestlers. Giving Eva Marie the belt will not only tarnish that record, but break down the whole Diva's revolution in one fell swoop.

Shes a polished turd at this point. She doesnt seem interested, and comes across like she's using wrestling as a stepping stone to something else. I seriously despise her.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:55 pm

Nasty looking botched move between Cena and Owens in a house show.

Looked like Cena missed grabbing Owens's leg while suspended upside down hanging from Owens's back, causing Owens to stagger and fall on top of Cena.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 06 Sep 2015, 4:58 pm

Prometheus wrote:Nasty looking botched move between Cena and Owens in a house show.

Looked like Cena missed grabbing Owens's leg while suspended upside down hanging from Owens's back, causing Owens to stagger and fall on top of Cena.

After early worries it seems Cena is fine. And Owens, being the old school heel he is, has used it wonderfully.

John CenaVerified account
‏@JohnCena
Many times life will hit you hard, knock you down, and hurt you. Persevere, Never Give Up, and do your best get up and keep going #NGU

to which Owens replied:

"That wasn't life. That was me."

Then onto the next house show

https://vine.co/v/eTYAxmz9A2e

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Sun 06 Sep 2015, 5:06 pm

Has Owens put on a few pounds? /crimey
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sun 06 Sep 2015, 5:23 pm

Looks a little bit like it in the face, but only a little bit.

Also, its little touches like that that make me love KO so, so much.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 08 Sep 2015, 9:42 am

WWE announced today the signing of international superstar Kanako Urai, aka Kana, to the NXT division. Kana will officially report to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., in late September.

Over the course of her 11-year career, Kana has become one of the most exciting women ever to compete in Japan. She has appeared in many organizations throughout the country and has held multiple championships. Last month, Kana made a surprise appearance at NXT Takeover: Brooklyn, sitting in the audience ringside next to WWE Hall of Famer “Nature Boy” Ric Flair.

“We are very excited to have Kana join the NXT roster,” said Triple H, WWE Executive Vice President of Talent, Creative and Live Events. “Her exciting in-ring style will make an immediate impact on the already impressive NXT women’s division.”

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 08 Sep 2015, 1:44 pm

Funny, because I just watched Take Over last night, and there she was with Flair, I'd assumed she'd signed already and I'd missed it.

I've not seen a ton of her stuff, but she's a great addition now that the other women have moved on. Will be interesting to see how she transitions.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Tue 08 Sep 2015, 4:22 pm

Even with NXTs hiring policy being radically different from what it used to be I still never in a million years considered them hiring Kana, I'd liken her to a female Shibata from New Japan and has a reputation for working stuff and being grumpy with newbies which doesn't bode well, but Kenta came in with an identical reputation and thinks seemed to be working out ok for him pre injury so we'll see

Anyways I'm not a super joshi expert but I've seen enough of Kana to know she's a hell of a talent and I'm excited to see her in NXT

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 08 Sep 2015, 4:51 pm

They needed some big hires because it went from a strong division on a short show to Bayley looking at Eva Marie and Dana Brooke. Although that is unfair on Emma really who probably deserves credit as one of the early exponents of good female wrestling on NXT.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Tue 08 Sep 2015, 10:25 pm

Insider rumours that PROGRESS Wrestling's Jimmy Havoc is off to link up with NXT. Was in Florida last month spending time with his friends Finn Balor and Blue Pants, that could be nothing but after his match at Chapter 21 (Havoc had a standing ovation afterwards despite being an uber heel for months) and a farewell looking tweet he's possibly done with PROGRESS for now.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Sep 2015, 8:52 am

Kurt Angle has announced he will be taking a step away from Wrestling when his contract with TNA is up. He didnt give any indication whether he would resign with TNA or try out with WWE again. I think its a good move for him, he needs real time to recover and rest.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:44 am

Samo wrote:Kurt Angle has announced he will be taking a step away from Wrestling when his contract with TNA is up.  He didnt give any indication whether he would resign with TNA or try out with WWE again.  I think its a good move for him, he needs real time to recover and rest.

Of course, this would actually be the same thing Very Happy
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:46 am

Prometheus wrote:
Samo wrote:Kurt Angle has announced he will be taking a step away from Wrestling when his contract with TNA is up.  He didnt give any indication whether he would resign with TNA or try out with WWE again.  I think its a good move for him, he needs real time to recover and rest.

Of course, this would actually be the same thing Very Happy

OH SNAP

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 10:08 am

Marky wrote:Insider rumours that PROGRESS Wrestling's Jimmy Havoc is off to link up with NXT. Was in Florida last month spending time with his friends Finn Balor and Blue Pants, that could be nothing but after his match at Chapter 21 (Havoc had a standing ovation afterwards despite being an uber heel for months) and a farewell looking tweet he's possibly done with PROGRESS for now.

I saw these rumours too. It will be a significant loss for Progress, as he's really been the story of the promotion to date.

I'm not sure if I can see him in NXT, but they've surprised me too many times for me not to think it might happen.

You know who'd I'd love to see in NXT? Tommy End. I just think that would f**k the roster right up. And Tommy End / Itami would be a match I'd want to see.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:19 am

Prometheus wrote:
Marky wrote:Insider rumours that PROGRESS Wrestling's Jimmy Havoc is off to link up with NXT. Was in Florida last month spending time with his friends Finn Balor and Blue Pants, that could be nothing but after his match at Chapter 21 (Havoc had a standing ovation afterwards despite being an uber heel for months) and a farewell looking tweet he's possibly done with PROGRESS for now.

I saw these rumours too.  It will be a significant loss for Progress, as he's really been the story of the promotion to date.  

I'm not sure if I can see him in NXT, but they've surprised me too many times for me not to think it might happen.

You know who'd I'd love to see in NXT?  Tommy End.  I just think that would f**k the roster right up.  And Tommy End / Itami would be a match I'd want to see.
Personally I would be surprised to see Havoc in NXT. Sounds odd but I think he's too sweary for WWE programming and probably needs to swear to get himself over like he has done. Tommy End is a good shout, but I think the only ones who would be picked up by NXT (as in fit the image NXT would want) are Zack Sabre Jr and Will Ospreay.

I'm a big fan of Pastor William Eaver but he needs to cement his place in PROGRESS first IMO as still breaking through. He also has the best CM Punk parody t-shirt ever. http://www.progresswrestling.com/product/pastorshirt/

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Wed 09 Sep 2015, 11:27 am

ZSJ and Ospreay are I think obvious fits. I think I said this somewhere else, but I'm really interested to see if ZSJ's Noah work might lead to him being in the New Japan Super Juniors next year. I'd like to see that, he's a really good tournament worker.

I think that of the two, Ospreay is the better wrestler who combines styles so well.

And hell, while I'm fantasy booking. I know that he wasn't selected before, but if Ricochet is a free agent (assuming LU doesn't get renewed) then they are absolutely stark raving bonkers not to give him a contract.

Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Sep 2015, 9:52 pm

Per the latest Ross Report. JR states his WWE sources are claiming Undertaker does not want to retire this year or anytime soon. However, Sting is considering the next WM to be his last match.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Fri 11 Sep 2015, 5:19 pm

Daniel Bryan said in a recent interview that he could wrestle tomorrow, and his own doctor has given him clearance, but they're waiting on the WWE doctors giving the all clear. WWE doctors are hesitant at this point because of Bryans history with concussions. Tells me that if it happens again WWE might never clear him to compete again.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Fri 11 Sep 2015, 9:05 pm

I seem to remember a similar report from a couple of months ago.

There's a school of thought that Bryan has covered up injuries in the past to work and he may not know what is best for him. There is also a school of thought that WWE are going to bring him back when he has maximum impact.

I'm not convinced we'll see him do anything like a full time schedule again.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Fri 11 Sep 2015, 9:46 pm

Could be saving him for a rumble return? No point in bringing back pointlessly if he's just gonna get injured again. Save him for something special and allow the extra recovery. Was rushed back last time.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:24 pm

Concussion ones are obviously scary anyway due to their proximity to the brain, but there's so many other things surrounding them that you cannot blame WWE on this one,

Benoit
NFL
Other injuries are obviously far less tragic in terms of long term problems
You can't really keep control over concussion based injuries.

I do wonder if there is ever any scope for something similar to Cech's headwear? Id imagine its a lot different though due to one being to do with skull damage and the other more internal, as it were, with brain movement.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 11 Sep 2015, 11:55 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Concussion ones are obviously scary anyway due to their proximity to the brain, but there's so many other things surrounding them that you cannot blame WWE on this one,

Benoit
NFL
Other injuries are obviously far less tragic in terms of long term problems
You can't really keep control over concussion based injuries.

I do wonder if there is ever any scope for something similar to Cech's headwear? Id imagine its a lot different though due to one being to do with skull damage and the other more internal, as it were, with brain movement.

I imagine a head guard would be pretty much useless, he'd need some sort of neck restraint to stop his head snapping back and forth which is obviously impractical at best

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 12 Sep 2015, 12:16 am

The WWE needs Daniel Bryan, I've got no idea if he could have seriously took Cena's mantle, I believe he could and he was showing it as well, everything he was touching was turning into Gold, the fans were also crazy onto him, its been a long time since I saw crowds get behind the babyface the way they did with him, also the way he dropped the WWE Title just added to his appeal, he left us wanting...Roman Reigns wasn't ready for the push he got this year, most Wrestling fans could see it, that wasn't his fault, you have to take what you can get but he got a role he didn't merit and Dragon being back only helped emphasise that point, he should have been used in the World Title match at WrestleMania, it would have made Rollins cash exactly what it needed to be instead of what it became, relief, relief that Reigns didn't win it and relief that Reigns didn't best Lesnar.

If Bryan is healthy again, truly healthy then he needs to get a starring role heading into WrestleMania, he saved WM30 - the sidekick role he had this year was stupid and when you consider the fact the match he was involved in was the nost dangerous match of the night it became even more ludicrous, its not as if they were protecting him.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Sep 2015, 12:45 am

They were never protecting him. They were protecting themselves. And I actually dont blame them on this one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 12 Sep 2015, 10:11 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:They were never protecting him. They were protecting themselves. And I actually dont blame them on this one.

I'd almost believe you if they didnt throw him in the most dangerous match on the card, I get the whole being scared to put him in the Main Event incase he broke down before it, this discussion would be moot if they then flung him in some one on one throw away match, they didn't, if they had such concerns about him then placing him as the centre piece in a multi-man ladder match, a match that has become synonymous with pushing boundries is never protecting themselves either, strange logic your using here.

If he was placed into some kind of feud ender one on one with Kane I'd be the first to agree with you.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 12 Sep 2015, 11:30 am

Kay Fabe wrote:
Dolphin Ziggler wrote:They were never protecting him. They were protecting themselves. And I actually dont blame them on this one.

I'd almost believe you if they didnt throw him in the most dangerous match on the card, I get the whole being scared to put him in the Main Event incase he broke down before it, this discussion would be moot if they then flung him in some one on one throw away match, they didn't, if they had such concerns about him then placing him as the centre piece in a multi-man ladder match, a match that has become synonymous with pushing boundries is never protecting themselves either, strange logic your using here.

If he was placed into some kind of feud ender one on one with Kane I'd be the first to agree with you.

The thing is in a 7 man ladder match theres no real reason or need for him to take any dangerous bumps - and could probably be in the match for less time than he would in a one on one match.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Sep 2015, 12:15 pm

Kay Fabe wrote:

But that's the exact point of my logic. They cared about him being injured ruining their main event plans. Throwing him in the IC picture is no worry to them. They were not protecting him, protecting themselves.

My fear and belief on that is sadly they didn't care enough about him to keep him out of the ladder match. If he comes through it, great, we have a highly respected wrestler as IC champ. If he doesn't, shame but it's only the IC title. Daniel Bryan might have been more than happy to go into that match, but I really feel a more caring management team would have said no.

So whilst I don't blame them for moving him away from the main event, I will happily see them chastised for moving him into a dangerous match.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 12 Sep 2015, 5:16 pm

They must of knew during his match with Reigns that he was carrying the guy, an audible should have been called thete and then, it was case closed at that point in time that Bryan was healthy, a "draw" could have entered him in the match and that way if he did succumb to injury which at that point was unlikely then they would still have had their first choice Main Event.

It's long gone now but those where my thoughts at the time and haven't changed.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 12 Sep 2015, 5:46 pm

They will feel the recent injury probably proves their thinking right. I still agree with much of the decision.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next