The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread

5 posters

Go down

Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread Empty Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread

Post by Adam D Thu 21 May 2015, 11:56 am

Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread Kumqua10

Similar to the other news thread except this is exclusively for cutting edge reports from Dave Meltzer and co. Please make sure to use the right thread, because I wouldn't want to see actual reliable news on this thread.

So here is the first one - an update on Daniel Bryans condition.

Meltzer wrote:The latest on the health of former WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan is that, while no time-frame for return has been decided upon by either WWE or doctors, things aren’t looking good. A source told the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Bryan is expected to remain out of action “a long time”, and as we’ve been reporting, the possibility exists that he may never return to the ring at all. At least not for any official, full-time capacity for WWE.

So there you have at, breaking news that Daniel Bryan is injured for a long time.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread Empty Re: Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread

Post by Prometheus Thu 21 May 2015, 12:54 pm

So, Dave pretty much telling us what Daniel Bryan himself told us 2 weeks ago on Raw.

I guess one of the things that slightly surprises me about this is that DB is a draw, so why not use him at all?

Now there are probably 2 immediate reasons why you'd not have him on Raw he's not that good on the mic, and he may have been advised to rest up and not travel. But he would pop the crowd if he made 1 or 2 appearances. Alternatively, a vignette where he is mentoring Neville I think would work, that would give Neville the rub that he is a successor to Bryan (if Bryan doesn't come back) and would also keep Bryan somewhat in the viewer's mind. You could have Cole hyping up for 2 hours, coming up exclusive footage of Daniel Bryan, it'd keep people tuned in.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread Empty Re: Wrestling Observer news that doesnt merit its own thread

Post by Adam D Thu 21 May 2015, 2:00 pm

Meltzer wrote:Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

Before it was announced last Friday that Impact Wrestling would be moving to Wednesday nights beginning on June 3, 2015, Destination America officials made the decision to cancel the show and all other programming from the Nashville, Tennessee-based company. This is according to Dave Meltzer in this week's issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, which was published Wednesday night.

It was noted to Meltzer that all TNA programming will cease to air on Destination America at the end of the third quarter of the year. This is roughly the last week of September, when the current television season ends. Key people at parent company Discovery Communications were informed of the decision.

Two major reasons were given for the cancellation of TNA shows. While Destination America officials considered the ratings for Impact Wrestling to be good, the numbers were not good enough to justify the cost of the programming. The other problem was that a number of the cable network's advertisers specifically did not want to advertise during Impact Wrestling.

The decision from Destination America was meant to be kept secret, quite like how Spike executives kept secret publicly last year their decision to drop Impact Wrestling for months after the decision was made and reported. A public acknowledgment is expected to be made when the station reveals its 2015-16 television season prime-time lineup.

Following the March 13, 2015 episode of Impact Wrestling, which saw viewership sink to a new low, Destination America officials made the decision to cancel Saturday morning programming under the belief that eliminating the replay would help the Friday numbers—the only numbers they care about. Although there was a slight increase, all first-run programming with the exception of Impact Wrestling airing multiple times on Friday nights was axed due to the cable network's difficulty in selling advertisement time. For the May 8, 2015 "live" episode of Impact Wrestling, Destination America purchased an advertisement in the USA Today newspaper to promote the show, believing that additional advertising and it being almost live would lead to an increased rating. Instead, Impact Wrestling did its second lowest number on Destination America, and the replay, which is primarily watched by viewers in the West Coast, drew a record low. Days later, Destination America executives made the decision to cancel all TNA Wrestling programming.

Dixie Carter, President of TNA Wrestling, was made aware of Destination America's decision early last week although it doesn't appear that most of the talent knew anything since word of this had not gotten around. Her knowledge of the cancellation may have played a part in Impact Wrestling moving to Wednesday nights, but that is uncertain. Carter didn't respond to any questions on the subject from Meltzer.

Meltzer noted in his report that Destination America's decision has not been finalized. Employees at the station, however, not been told anything new since a memo was issued to them informing them of the cancellation. Meltzer noted that "this story is very much ongoing."

Its cancelled. Its official!! Actually its not been finalised yet! Its subject to change!!

In other news from Meltzer, bears do indeed shit in the woods. According to a source close to the park ranger. Shitting in the woods could change at any time though.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:06 am

TWO wrote:One WWE talent noted to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Tyson Kidd may have suffered a spinal injury in the RAW dark match loss to Samoa Joe on Monday night. Kidd did receive medical attention after the match was over.
It's been reported recently that WWE has a new policy of keeping injuries somewhat of a secret, if they can, and there are no official details on Kidd as of this writing. It appears that this is another injury that no one is supposed to be talking about. While official details are still unavailable, Kidd reportedly expects to make a full recovery and is hoping to be able to avoid surgery.
So let me get this straight.

Tyson Kidd was injured. It may be spinal, maybe not. No one is allowed to talk about it. And he may or may not make a full recovery.

Somebody better start shining up that Pullitzer for Dave!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:31 am

I expect the over-riding concern of WWE legal at the moment is (unless I missed the news that its over) there is the on-going legal case between their doctor and CM Punk.  And in bigger news in US sports there are many more tort cases being brought and lots of focus on head and other career- and life-affecting injuries.  So, the WWE clamping down on a lot of this news getting out seems pretty much what you'd be expecting a big corporation to do with shareholders who are going to run to the hills if a few legal cases are filed against them.  

I think the key is in the last line where it seems that someone close to Kidd is letting a bit of news out.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 04 Jun 2015, 9:37 am

Adam D wrote:
TWO wrote:One WWE talent noted to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Tyson Kidd may have suffered a spinal injury in the RAW dark match loss to Samoa Joe on Monday night. Kidd did receive medical attention after the match was over.
It's been reported recently that WWE has a new policy of keeping injuries somewhat of a secret, if they can, and there are no official details on Kidd as of this writing. It appears that this is another injury that no one is supposed to be talking about. While official details are still unavailable, Kidd reportedly expects to make a full recovery and is hoping to be able to avoid surgery.
So let me get this straight.

Tyson Kidd was injured. It may be spinal, maybe not. No one is allowed to talk about it. And he may or may not make a full recovery.

Somebody better start shining up that Pullitzer for Dave!

Adam, can you show us on the doll where Meltzer touched you.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:28 am

I genuinely hate the guy. And do you know why? Because he is full of shit. And people read his words like they are gospel. I f*ing hate the fact that there are people like him who peddle absolute balls and more importantly that there are fuktards that believe it.

So what if he once was good? He isnt any more and lives off his reputation.

Look at that story above. Nothing of substance at all in there. Zero information. And it riles me that rumours that he starts can actually effect a company that I enjoy watching.

He came out with a story about TNA, that both DA and TNA have issued statements over, but the majority of the IWC believe his side, when he hasnt produced one piece of evidence to his comments.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:38 am

Breaking News

Dave Meltzer reports today that a source close to Adam Davey has said he's close to a mental breakdown about Dave Meltzer. No official line has yet emerged from Adam but it's rumored he may be issued with a restraining order.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:40 am

Hero wrote:Breaking News

Dave Meltzer reports today that a source close to Adam Davey has said he's close to a mental breakdown about Dave Meltzer. No official line has yet emerged from Adam but it's rumored he may be issued with a restraining order.

The source, AKA R Hudson is a known kumquat, so the rumours have been dismissed

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

#hostile

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:45 am

Adam D wrote:Look at that story above. Nothing of substance at all in there. Zero information. And it riles me that rumours that he starts can actually effect a company that I enjoy watching.

He came out with a story about TNA, that both DA and TNA have issued statements over, but the majority of the IWC believe his side, when he hasnt produced one piece of evidence to his comments.

But the story above is (as far as we know) technically accurate, is it not? Kidd was injured in a match with Samoa Joe. The story might be sparse on information about what the injury is and how long he may be out, but it's not inaccurate.

I still don't think I've seen the letter or memo or anything else from DA or TNA that refutes Dave's story. Is this a case of shooting the messenger?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 04 Jun 2015, 2:02 pm

I think this is why Gavin had that breakdown

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 10 Jun 2015, 1:09 pm

Meltzer wrote:Per Dave Meltzer on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio, Mickie James was written out of TNA storylines in the angle with James Storm on Impact because she had a series of autograph sessions that clashed with the next set of Impact tapings. James will be appearing at the Miami SuperCon from June 25th-28th, while the next set of TNA TV tapings and Slammiversary run from June 24th-28th. There is a lot of uncertainty around her future right now and Meltzer noted she won't be around for a while, and she may not even be back at all.

So she may not be back soon, or at all or she may be.

So the next tapings are in Florida. Miami is in Florida last time I looked ( I would check with Hero but we know his US geography aint all that!). Her commitments to autograph signings start the day after the first Impact.

My Meltzershitometer is tingling

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:28 pm

Adam D wrote:
Meltzer wrote:Per Dave Meltzer on last night's Wrestling Observer Radio, Mickie James was written out of TNA storylines in the angle with James Storm on Impact because she had a series of autograph sessions that clashed with the next set of Impact tapings. James will be appearing at the Miami SuperCon from June 25th-28th, while the next set of TNA TV tapings and Slammiversary run from June 24th-28th. There is a lot of uncertainty around her future right now and Meltzer noted she won't be around for a while, and she may not even be back at all.

So the next tapings are in Florida. Miami is in Florida last time I looked ( I would check with Hero but we know his US geography aint all that!). Her commitments to autograph signings start the day after the first Impact.

I'm struggling to figure out why she came back at all, if only to be the pawn in some weird game of Storm's. Its basically a rehash of the story where she got too much attention from Bram...which already makes it less interesting. Sounds like she's not short on other work either, so why bother?

Especially as it now looks like TNA will be going off the air for good...and possibly out of business...

Oh well, at least we'll get to see EC3 as the heavyweight champ before that happens.
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 22 Jun 2015, 1:48 pm

dyrewolfe wrote:
Adam D wrote:

I'm struggling to figure out why she came back at all, if only to be the pawn in some weird game of Storm's. Its basically a rehash of the story where she got too much attention from Bram...which already makes it less interesting. Sounds like she's not short on other work either, so why bother?

Especially as it now looks like TNA will be going off the air for good...and possibly out of business...

Oh well, at least we'll get to see EC3 as the heavyweight champ before that happens.

Yikes

Please hand in your TNA apologist membership at the door!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 22 Jun 2015, 2:01 pm

Lol! Sorry Adam.

I don't think there were ever too many of us anyway. The TNA Apologists' Club could be going the same way as the franchise. Wink

I really hope Meltzer is wrong too, but it doesn't sound very hopeful...
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down