The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles

+8
kingraf
greengoblin
JuliusHMarx
lags72
HM Murdock
bogbrush
Jahu
It Must Be Love
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles  - Page 2 Empty ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 15 Nov 2014, 6:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

As a Nadal fan, I have slowly across the years begun to become more and more fond of the importance of respecting water bottles. Sometimes it's easy to throw these water bottles away as if they're litter, making poor ball boys having to pick it up. Now this is pretty unfair to ballboys and ballgirls who have to pick it up, but most importantly it's hugely disrespectful to the water bottles themselves.

Nadal has passionately supported for the rights of water bottles since he was young. OK he may take time between points, ok he may spend 10 of his maximum 20 seconds picking at his butt, ok also true he grunts really loudly which may annoy some tennis fans... but he realises that somewhere a line must be drawn. And water bottles are that line.
Water bottles love being kept symmetrically. The level of water in these water bottles also must go down simultaneously, if not the water bottles feel like someone is picking favourites. They must also be kept perfectly in front of the chair of the player while in use, or they don't get a good view of the match while play is going on.

But some players shockingly don't give water bottles the respect they deserve. In the second round of Wimbledon this year, Rosol knocked over Nadal's water bottle; which went sprawling flat onto the floor.  I was so shocked that I nearly spat out my Moët champagne.

However that's not the worst bit of abuse I've seen of water bottles. In the World Tour Finals of 2011, against Tsonga in the final, Roger Federer took his empty water bottle and just chucked it behind him. Someone will have had to bend over and pick it up, and that's not him. He even did the same in Miami 2009 against Djokovic. He took the water bottle, finished drinking the contents (not keeping the level of the water in all water bottles same like Nadal), and then chucked it behind him so one of the ballboys can pick it up.
Vs Tsonga: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugaVxVL_4lI
Vs Djokovic: https://s25.photobucket.com/user/roddickwatch/media/animated%20gifs/rogertoss.gif.html

Ironic that Federer talked about respect to ballboys when winning his Moet sportsmanship award. It's all well and good paying respects to ballboys by chucking water bottles here and there and making them pick it up. But what about respect to the water bottles themselves ?

IMBL (Water Bottle Trade Union leader)

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles  - Page 2 Empty Re: ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles

Post by It Must Be Love Sat 15 Nov 2014, 11:53 pm

hawkeye wrote:IMBL. I agree that water bottles should be respected but I don't think you are being fair to fair to Federer when you accuse him of lacking respect. I agree that he does occasionally throw them around but he only does this to amuse the ball boys. When he was a ball boy he used to love it when the players threw the bottles around as he liked nothing better than the challenge of catching them. Sadly the standard of ball boys has dropped since he had the role and sometimes they are a little slow and miss.
Lol !
Atleast some people took this article in the right spirit Wink

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles  - Page 2 Empty Re: ATP Players' Treatment of Water Bottles

Post by Haddie-nuff Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:09 am

I we talking spirit bottles here...make mine a double GT with ice and a twist please  Yahoo

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2