The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TMO is becoming the new scrum reset

+2
maestegmafia
Bluedragon
6 posters

Go down

TMO is becoming the new scrum reset Empty TMO is becoming the new scrum reset

Post by Bluedragon Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:04 am

Just when the IRB seem to have managed to largely remove 10 minutes of watching forwards tediously reset collapsed scrums in a match, it seems to have been replaced with tediously long and too often repeated replays that still seem to lead to some fairly obviously wrong decisions. To solve this, the IRB ........no longer lets us hear the TMO ??

Doh

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

TMO is becoming the new scrum reset Empty Re: TMO is becoming the new scrum reset

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:36 am

Yep

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

TMO is becoming the new scrum reset Empty Re: TMO is becoming the new scrum reset

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:39 am

I haven't seen the replay yet, can anyone explain why our 2 tries yesterday were disallowed?

My best guess for Lydiates was they think it was held up?

Still have no idea what happened for Faletaus.

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:56 am

I do agree that we (the fans) should beable to hear the TMO.

Never the less i am so glad that they are using the TMO, regardless if we hear him or not

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:28 am

IronMike wrote:I haven't seen the replay yet, can anyone explain why our 2 tries yesterday were disallowed?

My best guess for Lydiates was they think it was held up?

Still have no idea what happened for Faletaus.

Both players were considered to have been held in the tackle. Neither were.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:30 am

Looking at the (brief) highlights I thought lydiate didn't actually ground it. I thought it looked like he would but a Fijian literally pulled him up and it just missed.

Yeah I re looked at the Williams tackle and no way was he held

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by demosthenes Sun 16 Nov 2014, 10:44 am

Standulstermen wrote:Looking at the (brief) highlights I thought lydiate didn't actually ground it. I thought it looked like he would but a Fijian literally pulled him up and it just missed.

Yeah I re looked at the Williams tackle and no way was he held

Williams knocked-on in the tackle, but that was not given as the reason for no-try.

demosthenes

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 16 Nov 2014, 12:21 pm

Pretty sure he didn't knock on. He caught the ball before it hit the ground

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 1:13 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Pretty sure he didn't knock on. He caught the ball before it hit the ground

Thats what I thought, I don't remember seeing the ball ever hitting the ground.

And he was never held in the tackle, the referee was bleating on about how the tackle was "completed", but I'm not convinced he even knew what he gave a penalty for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:35 pm

Williams did knock on, as the ball bounced and went forward. I assume they knew he couldn't award the try for that reason, even though it was wrong that they had a penalty instead of a scrum.

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:53 pm

The ref got Faletau's try right for the wrong reason, he wasn't held in the tackle, yet as was shown in slow mo the ball did get knocked on, for hitting the ground, and Lydiate was penalised for crawling which was also correct.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:21 pm

wayne wrote:The ref got Faletau's try right for the wrong reason, he wasn't held in the tackle, yet as was shown in slow mo the ball did get knocked on, for hitting the ground, and Lydiate was penalised for crawling which was also correct.  

I meant Lydiates other try, the driving maul

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:26 pm

IronMike wrote:
wayne wrote:The ref got Faletau's try right for the wrong reason, he wasn't held in the tackle, yet as was shown in slow mo the ball did get knocked on, for hitting the ground, and Lydiate was penalised for crawling which was also correct.  

I meant Lydiates other try, the driving maul
Right sorry Mike, yes there was a view that was shown after the TMO had made his decision that showed the ball had been grounded over the line.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:47 pm

Was a bit tedious though watching all those replays ?

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down