The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maybe bulls..t but seems legit

+9
mobilemaster8
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
BoxingFan88
kingraf
jimdig
TopHat24/7
88Chris05
AdamT
13 posters

Go down

Maybe bulls..t but seems legit Empty Maybe bulls..t but seems legit

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 8:51 am

JEFF POWELL: Floyd Mayweather demanding rematch clause in Manny Pacquiao fight contract should American lose proposed bout•Manny Pacquiao's mega-fight Floyd Mayweather is getting closer
•Mayweather considering rematch clause should he lose the bout
•Pacquiao's trainer Freddie Roach reveals Mayweather's rematch plan
•Carl Froch’s hopes of ending career with fight in Las Vegas are still alive
By Jeff Powell for the Daily Mail Follow @@jeffpowell_Mail
Published: 23:07, 24 November 2014 | Updated: 01:57, 25 November 2014

shares
View
comments

The mega-fight for which the world has been waiting what seems like an eternity may finally happen not just once, but twice.
Manny Pacquiao versus Floyd Mayweather is tantalisingly close to becoming reality after the PacMan’s dazzling, rejuvenated performance here in Macau.
The target date is May and if Pacquiao were to win the scene would be set for them to do it again next September.
Manny Pacquiao (right) dazzled in Macau during his victory against American Chris Algieri
Floyd Mayweather could demand a re-match with Pacquiao should he lose the first proposed bout
Manny Pacquiao: Floyd Mayweather Jnr is scared to fight me Mayweather is believed to be demanding a re-match clause in the contract if he succumbs to the mounting pressure to fight Pacquiao and then loses.
That was revealed by Pacquiao’s iconic trainer, Freddie Roach, as he reviewed the prospects for a Mayweather fight before flying back from China to Los Angeles.
Roach told me: ‘My understanding is that Floyd is insisting on the re-match if Manny beats him, which I believe he will. That’s okay with us.’
And why not, given the huge amount of money which would be involved?
The original projection of boxing’s first $300 million fight will soar to one billion dollars if Pacquiao’s promoter Bob Arum succeeds in opening up the vast Chinese television market to pay-per-view.
Pacquiao's iconic trainer Freddie Roach (left) has reviewed the prospects of a re-match
Freddie Roach trash talks Floyd Mayweather That would make for not just one but two Billion Dollar Fights if his PacMan beats Mayweather the Money man first time out.
Pacquiao put the heat back on Mayweather after decking Chris Algieri no fewer than six times on his way to victory by a record 18 points in the Cotai Arena.
That was compiled by his winning of all 12 rounds and the American having half a dozen points deducted for those knock-downs.
Job done, world welterweight title retained, Pacuaio then called out Mayweather for the first time, saying: ‘I want this fight and it is time now to give it to all our fans. They deserve to see it.’
One by one the several obstacles raised by Mayweather have been removed, including Pacquiao agreeing to random blood tests for drugs and accepting a 60-40 financial split in favour of his rival for the mythical title of greatest pound-for-pound boxer in the world.
Pacquiao dominated his fight with Algieri from the first bell and won convincingly in Macau
Arum, having said that the fight needs to happen if boxing wants to be regarded as a major sport, adds: ‘Enough is enough. Let’s do this. All it needs now is for them to make the call. Me and Manny are waiting to pick up the phone.’
Arum is working also on the rivalry between the two major US cable television networks, HBO who screen Pacquiao’s fights and Showtime who have two fights left on their mega-bucks contract with Mayweather.
He is reported to be in talks with CBS, Showtime’s parent company, about them sharing the pay-per-view broadcast in America with HBO, the way they did with Mike Tyson versus Lennox Lewis.
That puts the ball in Mayweather’s court.
Promoter Bob Arum (left) has been accused of blocking a potential fight between Pacquiao and Mayweather
As Roach says: ‘Floyd is afraid of losing his unbeaten record to Manny. But that’s not what defines greatness. Ali lost, Robinson, lost Leonard lost….but they’re still all-time greats. What counts is fighting the best of your era.’
Correct.
It would have been preferable for these two to meet five or six years ago, in their prime, But although Mayweather is 37 and Pacquiao coming up 36 next month, there is still time for the fight, or fights, to be meaningful.
Both men live clean, eat healthy and adhere to rigorous training regimes. Given the remarkable physical conditioning made possible by those disciplines, they are still the greatest fighters of their age.
Manny’s waiting. Come on Floyd. Let’s get it on.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Maybe bulls..t but seems legit Empty Re: Maybe bulls..t but seems legit

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:38 am

After reading this I am fully convinced that things really are different now, and that the fight will definitely happen in the coming months.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:44 am

Yeah me too Chris if i'm being honest.

Mayweathers dwindling ppvs were always going to be key to the fight. If he had of been hitting over 1 million with Maidana in both fights and if he were able to hit a million with other fighters, then Showtime would let him fight who he wants.

Also more and more people are calling him a ducker. Even Stephen A Smith has been questioning Floyd for not fighting Manny. He is one of Floyds biggest supporters and claims that Mayweather may be the best he has ever seen.

In my opinion this fight will happen in May and if it is close or Manny wins, then a repeat in September will follow.

To some it may be a few years too late but I say better late than never. Would I have preferred the fight to take place 4 or 5 years earlier?Of course!

Still far and away the biggest fight out there.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:53 am

I guess sarcasm is hard to get across on a forum, Adam! Sorry fella, me being cynical over the whole thing.

To me, the above stuff says nothing that we haven't already heard countless times before over the past five years. It's been a long, long time since I read anything on the issue which I'd consider fresh or which has made me think that any headway has actually been made. Same old soundbites from all concerned.

Floyd being accused of ducking and his legacy being questioned as a result, Arum saying he wants to make it happen, Pacquiao claiming he's willing to bow to whatever demands Mayweather has etc - nothing new here as far as I can see. Appreciate that there are a massive amount of people out there who still have the fight right at the top of their wish list, but to be honest fella part of me thinks that that's the only reason either camp brings up the other these days - just to keep people interested as they fight other guys who carry much less sway. I don't really believe that either camp is that fussed about making the fight happen or pushing for it right now.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 11:56 am

Should of guessed Very Happy

Still have a feeling it will actually happen though.

I'm an optimistic idiot at times but no harm in wishful thinking.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

88Chris05 wrote:I guess sarcasm is hard to get across on a forum, Adam!

Laugh Laugh Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:32 pm

When it is signed for I will make sure I bump this thread Cool

If he signs to fight Khan, you are all welcome to bump this and laugh at me for the rest of the year

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:46 pm

AdamT wrote:When it is signed for I will make sure I bump this thread Cool

If he signs to fight Khan, you are all welcome to bump this and laugh at me for the rest of the year

And if afterwards Truss starts telling us all that Floyd is taking on the biggest challenge in Khan and that Khan is the 78th pound for pound top ten guy Floyd has fought, we can bump him off altogether?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:49 pm

Honestly if Floyd fights Khan next I will not defend him. I would like to see him fight Khan but he has to fight Pacquiao first. Pacquiao is still a much bigger challenge than anyone at 147.

If Floyd fights Manny then he can fight Donald Duck if he wishes.

I am a Floyd fan but if he doesn't fight Manny now then he is definitley the one ducking, especially if he is being offered 60%

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 25 Nov 2014, 12:58 pm

The Chinese market is an interesting angle. Manny has had a number of fights now in Macau against sub par opposition, doing pretty poor ppv numbers in America, and yet still taking a minimum 20 mill to the bank. I'd wager Arum is still making a tidy profit off those Macau shows even though they look life failures from an American perspective.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 25 Nov 2014, 1:07 pm

At a better tax rate as well. Maybe Floyd takes a 60/40 American split, and Manny a 60/40 Chinese split? Put Zou Shiming on and success is guaranteed
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 1:14 pm

The fight needs to happen and if it doesn't then I blame Floyd. I have always blamed both camps up to now, but Manny calling him out after Algeri and every interview before it, has shown he wants it.

Obviously there is a bigger risk for Floyd because he is undefeated but f..k that. If I genuinely thought I was the best in the world at something, I would do everything in my power to prove it.

They need to fight now.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 1:48 pm

Even at their advanced ages, this is still a very interesting fight, I really hope it happens it would be great for boxing!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 1:56 pm

Agreed! Their is no one else for them at the minute. After they face each other then they can take on the Khans and Garcias etc.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:01 pm

Ah, I still wistfully recall those days back in late 2009, a couple of months after Mayweather outclassed Marquez and a couple of weeks after Manny blitzed Cotto. Back when we had no reason to think that the two clowns would somehow find a way to make the fight not happen, I mean. When the 'news' broke that fight fight was 'signed' for March 13, 2010 it was such an exciting time - the old BBC board was completely jammed and everyone seemed to be a boxing fan at the time. The expectation and anticipation was immense at the thought of seeing the biggest, most significant fight in about three decades.

Little did we know. Not 'appy!
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:09 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Ah, I still wistfully recall those days back in late 2009, a couple of months after Mayweather outclassed Marquez and a couple of weeks after Manny blitzed Cotto. Back when we had no reason to think that the two clowns would somehow find a way to make the fight not happen, I mean. When the 'news' broke that fight fight was 'signed' for March 13, 2010 it was such an exciting time - the old BBC board was completely jammed and everyone seemed to be a boxing fan at the time. The expectation and anticipation was immense at the thought of seeing the biggest, most significant fight in about three decades.

Little did we know. Not 'appy!

Wasn't a member of 606s board then but remember being on other boards.Yeah I remember buzzing when a fight was being mentioned between the pair.

Also remember being in Cyprus in August 07, when Hatton and Floyd signed to fight. It was the day I was leaving and remember being pure excited. People say the hatton win isn't all that but it was a big at the time.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:14 pm

If this fight happens in May, in part, I thank Canelo. Canelo wanted May 5th. It is a Mexican holiday and he wanted to take it back from May. He was willing to fight Cotto, and knowing Canelo, who can't be accused of not wanting big and tough fights, he prob would have taken less money than Cotto. May's ego won't allow him to roll over on that date and the only fight on earth he can make that tops that one, is Pac.

Pac needs money, by all accounts, so he is making noise.

Oscar works with Arum now, and Goldenboy still promote May events because Floyd is too dumb to learn how to do it himself.

Oscar will have had a big hand int his if it comes off. 5 years too late, but it will appear to the masses.

Floyd has looked bad in his last two fights, Pac for longer, maybe it can still be a close fight.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:23 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:If this fight happens in May, in part, I thank Canelo. Canelo wanted May 5th. It is a Mexican holiday and he wanted to take it back from May. He was willing to fight Cotto, and knowing Canelo, who can't be accused of not wanting big and tough fights, he prob would have taken less money than Cotto. May's ego won't allow him to roll over on that date and the only fight on earth he can make that tops that one, is Pac.

Pac needs money, by all accounts, so he is making noise.

Oscar works with Arum now, and Goldenboy still promote May events because Floyd is too dumb to learn how to do it himself.

Oscar will have had a big hand int his if it comes off. 5 years too late, but it will appear to the masses.

Floyd has looked bad in his last two fights, Pac for longer, maybe it can still be a close fight.

This is a good post and is exactly why I think they will Fight. The fight will be enjoyable because both men have lost a step. Frazier and Ali 3 was extremley exciting because both guys were not as good as they used to be and both guys knew THEY had to win for their legacy.

That must have been a huge fight. My Dad said boxing was different then. The whole world nearly stopped when a huge fight was on.

It was similar when Tyson fought. I was only a kid in 89-90 but I mind my older brothers being super excited when Tyson was fighting. Even my mum was interested.

Boxing needs this fight to happen. It is a real super fight and probably the only superfight out there. Canelo vs Cotto is a big fight but not near as big as Paq vs May.

Last edited by AdamT on Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:30 pm

Certainly hasn't been anything in my time following the sport to compare with Hatton-Mayweather in terms of how much interest and excitement it created on these shores, Adam. Don't think the Wembley fight earlier this year even came close, really, which is saying something. Obviously in a global sense Hatton-Mayweather wasn't half as big as Floyd against Oscar a few months before, but over on this side of the water it had complete strangers talking about it at bus stops, at work and so on. It was the closest thing you can get to a sporting date becoming a proper national event!

I was in Magaluf, still about four months before the fight took place (but it was signed by that point) and it was basically the only topic that could temporarily break up the debauched drunken antics. Definitely helped create a lot of new boxing fans in the UK, albeit the massive lads night in we organised to watch it turned a bit sombre when Hatton caught a wee bit of a tanning once the fight was underway!

On a more positive note, I'm sure you (and Ricky, of course) will all be delighted to know that I had Mayweather by tenth round stoppage in the sweepstake. Every cloud and all that.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:39 pm

I picked Floyd to win on points. Even with Ricky's gung ho style didn't think floyd would stop him.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:52 pm

FLoyd v Hatton got me back into the sport at a time when I was as casual as loose jeans. May v Pac gets the world interested. I will always be annoyed they never fought when in their respective primes, but this will ignite the sport.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:54 pm

88Chris05 wrote:

And if afterwards Truss starts telling us all that Floyd is taking on the biggest challenge in Khan and that Khan is the 78th pound for pound top ten guy Floyd has fought, we can bump him off altogether?

Laugh 77th ....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
88Chris05 wrote:

Laugh  77th ....

You are saved by the bell Truss Cool

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 25 Nov 2014, 2:57 pm

Who cares what Truss says? He's the court jester

Smile

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 3:48 pm

Amazing how pacman comes out and FINALLY publicly demands a fight and that now is the time.

What happened to him recently?! Its as if he has been caught out with tax and things. ..

Oh...hang on....so THATs why he is being so public.

Pull the other one pal.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 4:15 pm

He'll be offering a WINNER TAKES ALL fight........ Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

Irrespective of why Manny wants the fight (and $100 million isn't to be sniffed at) surely the fact he and his team have gone out on a limb and been more vocal about it than at any stage in the past few years demonstrates that there's a willingness to take the fight/make themselves a sh!tload of money.

If it's such an easy night's work for Floyd, the contracts should have been signed before I finish typing this post (even with a extra week thrown in for spell-checking purposes)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:11 pm

Easy to call someone out.....

Hearn is an expert..............Make frampton a crap deal he won't accept and then say he's avoiding Quigg...

Floyd should fight Manny but stipulate he does all his training in the USA......and gets tested daily...

Filipino values leave a lot to be desired............Third world country If ever there was one..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

Naw f..k that Truss, both of them should juice away and come in like beasts Smile

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:07 pm

Manny should fight Floyd, but stipulate the fight take place in a state which actually tests Xylocaine...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:10 pm

I always thought this fight would happen when Mayweather felt Pacquiao was no longer a big danger. Thats how he operates. He looks to have finally run out of Texicans and opponents that piggyback the hispanic community. Pacquiao is far from the fighter that he was. The timing might be right for TBE to pounce.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:14 pm

kingraf wrote:Manny should fight Floyd, but stipulate the fight take place in a state which actually tests Xylocaine...

It's not actually a banned substance Raf and every state allows it's use with the exception ironically of Nevada in the build up to a fight.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:24 pm

Banning something a week before a fight is a great way of preventing its abuse.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:28 pm

It's banned in quite a few countries... Can't really see the point in demanding testing on American soil. I mean, I watch baseball!! I saw the Alex Rodríguez farce. Wouldn't trust an American positively test AIDS in a Congolese brothel
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm

kingraf wrote:Banning something a week before a fight is a great way of preventing its abuse.

It's a painkiller that isn't on any anti doping list, again talking out your arse.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 25 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm

I try. It's hard to keep up with "I picked Haye to beat Klitschko, but I refuse to give Wlad credit for outclassing him"
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 25 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

I'm with Chris. Just never see this fight happening.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 25 Nov 2014, 8:38 pm

Got to see full Pacquiao fight. I was impressed if I am being honest.

Still pick Floyd if they fight but it may be tougher than I have anticipated. Granted Algeri is no Sugar Ray but Pacquiao made him look like a novice and not an undefeated champion.

Good win

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:12 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
kingraf wrote:Banning something a week before a fight is a great way of preventing its abuse.

It's a painkiller that isn't on any anti doping list, again talking out your arse.

Nevada don't allow it's use directly before a fight so he's not talking out his arse unlike you the vast majority of the time.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:14 pm

If the fight happens I'm going to Vegas.........to hell with the expense.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:15 pm

Did you not see my post where I said that exact thing, idiot.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:22 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Did you not see my post where I said that exact thing, idiot.

I generally don't see your posts as you are my ignore list.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm

Yet you reply to them all the time, that's working really well for you.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:50 pm

Quite grouchy this evening Hammer... Everything alright mate? I generally think you're talking garbage the majority of the time, but you don't normally resort to name calling.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 25 Nov 2014, 9:59 pm

Yeah hes the Tony Bellew of the boxing board

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:09 am

Rivalries have always been the glue for sports to be successful. Whether its Manning vs. Brady or Bird vs. Magic. Boxing has its own version of this with Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao.

Manny and Floyd’s conversation (just in jest!) below:

Manny- I have called you out publically and made it known that I’d like the fight to take place.

Mayweather- I tried to make the fight twice!!! How many times have you reached out to me besides in the media? I’ve sat down with you, but you didn’t like needles. Then, I called you on the phone and you turned down 40 million.

Manny- Yes, but now I am okay with needles and let’s be honest 40 million is a low ball figure for such a big fight. You make excuses because you are a coward.

Mayweather- Low ball?? You said you’d fight me for free? Was that just another lie in the media. Coward? I fight Middleweights while you pick on Lightweights.

Manny- Well, if I agree to 40 million are you going to make more excuses?

Mayweather- Yes, now that you mention I will not fight you while you are with Bob Arum.

Manny- Oh here we go again. I’m signed to Top Rank. So just another excuse.

Mayweather- No, because I told you before you re-signed with him to fight me. You signed with him after I gave you the offer. You are the one that signed with him knowing I did not want to work him!

Manny- I’m done with all your excuses. Talk to my promoter.

Mayweather- You know you can’t beat me. I beat your rival Marquez very easy.

Manny- Well I beat Oscar and Cotto better than you did.

Mayweather- At catch weights!

Manny- Like you never fought at a catch weight

Mayweather- But I fight Middleweights. You’ve spent the last 3 years fighting lightweights!

Manny- You fight flat-footed fighters. Only slow fighters that come forward. My last 2 fights were against undefeated fighters!

Mayweather- Yes undefeated fighters with no power. Jr Welterweights that you made come up in weight.

Manny- Undefeated fighters that earned a shot. Undefeated fighters with no power. Hmm sounds like you!

Mayweather- So are you going to fight me under my terms?

Manny- You have to talk to my promoter.

(Manny puts Bob Arum on the phone)

Bob Arum- This fight can take place on HBO

Mayweather- Im signed to Showtime

Bob Arum- Well we can make it work out like Lewis vs Tyson. Lewis was with HBO, Mike with Showtime

Mayweather- Here’s 10 million Bob. Step aside so I can promote it.

Bob Arum- No thank you.

Mayweather- I fight in Vegas. All my fights are in Vegas.

Bob Arum- I was thinking Dallas Stadium.

Mayweather- No my home is Vegas. By the way, I thought you were building a stadium for the fight? Remember you said that the fight couldn’t happen in 2012 because you wanted to build a stadium.

Bob Arum- Its ok. Jerry Jones has offered a large enough facility.

Mayweather- It will be Vegas or no where.

Bob Arum- Ok we can talk about the location another time. We will co-promote this. With HBO primarily responsible with the coverage. Like Lewis and Mike.

Mayweather- No. Lewis was the champion back then. He was on HBO. I understand why that fight was primarily covered by Hbo. But this case is different. I’m the PPV king. My numbers are bigger than Mannys and Showtime will be primarily in charge of the coverage.

Arum- Jim Lampley and Max will do the coverage.

Mayweather- No Way! Those 2 are the biggest Hbo homers and too biased towards Manny to do the coverage. It’s like giving him home field advantage.

Arum- So we cant agree on the Location, The network or the Coverage???

Mayweather- I guess not. Because I will only fight in Vegas, on a Primarily Showtime telecast with minor Hbo representation, with Showtime broadcasters.

Arum- I guess we are not going to agree. Because I want the fight in Dallas Stadium, HBO should have majority control of the coverage and Jim lampley and Max should cover the fight.

Mayweather- That’s why I didn’t want to deal with you. Manny would fight me anywhere, but you always mess things up.

Arum- I`m done talking to you. I need to call the media. But first let me call Manny.

Manny on the phone- Hey Bob. So when do I finally get to fight Mayweather?

Arum- He’s scared of you. He’s making more excuses.

This conversation was just in jest, but to show people that there are two sides of the coin. Each side would have to make major compromises for this to happen. I doubt this fight will take place. Typically in a match you have one fighter that is hungry and has nothing to lose in the fight. So that fighter is willing to take less money, is willing to give the champion whatever he wants. But in this case, both fighters are at the top. This fight is not about fear. Both of these fighters have proven themselves in the toughest sport in the world. These two Gladiators wont fight because either will budge on negotiations. Mayweather will have lots of demands, but so will Arum. Both of these men are stubborn to the bone. The only way this fight would’ve happened is if Manny didn’t sign with Bob Arum. I’m sure without Bob there, Manny would have accepted all of Mayweathers terms just to have a shot at him.

This fight isn’t any closer. We’ll see how loud Bob is now that the Algieri fight is over with. Arum usually gets real quiet after the fight is over. He only gets loud when he needs to promote something. My guess it will be announced soon that Manny is fighting at 140 against Mikey Garcia or Danny Garcia. Just a hunch. I will hope is Mayweather, but too much red tape to happen.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 26 Nov 2014, 10:26 am

kingraf wrote:It's banned in quite a few countries... Can't really see the point in demanding testing on American soil. I mean, I watch baseball!! I saw the Alex Rodríguez farce. Wouldn't trust an American positively test AIDS in a Congolese brothel

Laugh

Would add the Armstrong malarkey........

Basically the US appears to care a nothing other than success of their own. Anything else can be turned a blind eye to (unless a person in question is not American).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down