The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Kiko Martinez legit?

+8
Strongback
jimdig
catchweight
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
BoxingFan88
AdamT
kevmcp88
Soldier_Of_Fortune
12 posters

Go down

Is Kiko Martinez legit? Empty Is Kiko Martinez legit?

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 24 Apr 2014, 10:53 am

Martinez stopped Hozumi Hasegawa in 7 rounds in Japan last night.

Each victory is highlighting how impressively Frampton stopped him in there bout last year.

Who would you like to see Martinez matched up with next? Its got to be out of Rigondeaux, Santa Cruz, Quigg and Frampton rematch.

Can't see him troubling Rigondeaux but the other three make for interesting bouts.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Is Kiko Martinez legit? Empty Re: Is Kiko Martinez legit?

Post by kevmcp88 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 11:06 am

I would like to see him fight Frampton again he does seemed to have improved a bit since he was beaten has he changed coaches?

Personally I would give him a chance against Quigg but none of the other 3.

kevmcp88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:15 pm

Kiko has improved but so has Frampton. Frampton would win a rematch probably on the scorecards this time because dont think kiko would underestimate his punch power and try to walk through every punch like last time.

If Frampton fights santa Cruz, would love to see Kiko and Quigg fight for a unification and then the 2 winners face off in a blockbuster. Imagine how big it would be if Frampton and Quigg both won them fights. That would be a PPV stadium blockbuster!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by kevmcp88 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:36 pm

I've never thought much of Quigg I think he has a very poor defence and is a bit one dimensional. He is big and strong at the weight with a good engine but I can't see him having much joy against the top 5 at his weight. I also think hes been kept away from Frampton for his own good.

kevmcp88

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:40 pm

kevmcp88 wrote:I've never thought much of Quigg I think he has a very poor defence and is a bit one dimensional. He is big and strong at the weight with a good engine but I can't see him having much joy against the top 5 at his weight. I also think hes been kept away from Frampton for his own good.

I think Frampton stops him late after a few close early rounds. I'm from Northern Ireland and have seen Frampton live a number of times. Though I am a huge fan of Carls, I call it like I see it. I think Frampton and Santa Cruz is a 50-50 type fight. Carl beats the rest except Rigondeaux who would outclass anyone in the division.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 12:59 pm

Impressive considering he went to Japan to do it as well!

Stopped Mathabula and Hasegawa in consecutive fights now, makes Frampton's win look much more impressive than it already was.

I think Frampton beats Quigg, his foot movement is so much better.

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Thu 24 Apr 2014, 1:45 pm

Hearn has to make Martinez an offer he can't refuse here. Kiko has absolutely no fan base back home so he literally has to travel with this belt to earn a living. He fought Mathabula in Alicante but the fact they then had to hit the road again shows that he isn't going to have the support in his backyard to bring the likes of Quigg etc over.

If Hearn really believes Quigg is up there with the big boys then its time he got the chequebook out and got Kiko to Manchester. The fact that McGuigan was able to get Kiko to Belfast shows that this is more than easy to make happen considering Matchroom is 10 times the outfit that Cyclone Promos is.

Kiko vs Quigg
Frampton vs Santa Cruz

And the winners facing each other, heck even the losers facing eachother would be great!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 24 Apr 2014, 2:25 pm

If Frampton beat Santa Cruz he should go on and challenge Rigondeaux. Aim for the top.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 24 Apr 2014, 2:35 pm

Martinez said he was making big money to go to japan. So Hearn would prob have to spend big (bigger than he'd like) to get him over to fight quigg. Martinez has been on a rich vain of form, he might fit the adage of a fighter growing into their belt.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 24 Apr 2014, 3:14 pm

I Have always thought Kiko is a basic enough banger. He has the power to
trouble most fighters but not the skills to do it against the top operators.

I haven't seen much of Hozumi recently so I am wondering has he faded. He isn't a SBW either so I wonder did they go after Kiko as he is one of the weaker belt holders but ended up bitting off more than they could chew.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Thu 24 Apr 2014, 4:15 pm

Kiko Martinez is a decent enough brawler. Didn't he win the European SBW title three times?

Anyway however much of a 'weak' champion he's considered. His IBF is at least a legit world title. Unlike the fake title Quigg's been parading around.

Kiko gets schooled by rigondeaux and ko'd by LSC and Frampton(again).

But he beats Quigg as Quigg's very average.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 6:47 pm

Martinez is a brawler, Quigg puts him away late for me Gerry. Hasegawa hadn't been exactly fighting at world level prior to this fight and not long ago got stopped by Jjohnny Gonzalez.

Hozumi Hasegawa has seen much better days and it's time for him to hang the gloves up.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by soy_frank_cappuccino Thu 24 Apr 2014, 6:55 pm

I wouldn't put to much stock in this victory, Hozumi has been fighting some really ordinary fighters of late, would like to see Quigg fight Martinez, i have a suspicion Quiggs not got very much ring smarts, and could run out of ideas pretty quickly if things don't go his way.

soy_frank_cappuccino

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 24 Apr 2014, 7:21 pm

http://www.boxingscene.com/mbaye-kiko-martinez-linked-accused-ped-doctor--63632

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down