The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton"

5 posters

Go down

Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton" Empty Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton"

Post by hampo17 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:41 am

KIKO MARTINEZ is already looking towards the future after recently winning his first world title against Colombian, Jhonatan Romero. The Spaniard believes he will fight again before the end of the year against the IBF number one contender, Jeffrey Mathebula, but appears to be keener on a rematch with the man who stopped him in nine rounds last February.

“I’ll say this to Carl Frampton - when I get hold of him, I’ll retire him from the sport of boxing,” Martínez fumed.

“The beating that I will give him will mean he’ll have to retire, but he has to wait as I have obligations to fulfil.

“If he’s not a coward he’ll fight out of his own country. But as he’s a coward he’ll stay over there.

“He’s a good opponent, he did beat me, but it will be a different Kiko in the rematch and let’s hope it doesn’t take too long to get made. Ideally I’d fight him again in America.”

Martínez feels that the first battle in Belfast was close until he suffered a cut which didn’t allow him to fight as he would have liked.

“I had bad luck on that night, I suffered a cut above the eyelid and I couldn’t see. That’s how the sport goes and it was my turn to lose,” Kiko conceded.

“But we both gave a great show to the fans and the public there treated me well, as did Frampton. But he wants the rematch and I’m anxiously awaiting it as well.”

The Alicante native also sees the possibility of a fight with Scott Quigg. The two met in the United States when Quigg flew out for sparring at the Wild Card gym.

“I’d love to unify the titles with Scott Quigg if he wins his fight but that’s something that the promoters will have to decide. He’s a great fighter, a nice guy and a good sportsman, above all.

“I hope he wins the title against the Cuban. I haven’t seen his opponent [Yoandris Salinas], but Quigg is strong and he’s fighting at home which will help him.”

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton" Empty Re: Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton"

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 10:58 am

Funny stuff. Kiko is a beast of a man, but Frampton beats him again IMO.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton" Empty Re: Kiko Martinez: "I'll retire Frampton"

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:10 pm

tw*t

disgrace that he holds the IBF and Framps nothing after getting whooped. tho barry is partly to blame for that.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Thu 05 Sep 2013, 1:57 pm

Good stuff for Frampton, nice chance at a world title, sets up Frampton vs Quigg for a unification!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by STC Thu 05 Sep 2013, 4:13 pm

“He’s a good opponent, he did beat me, but it will be a different Kiko in the rematch......"

I think he will be. That world title win will give him that little bit extra.

Frampton still takes him to the cleaners though. I don't think Kiko will be bending over backwards to make the fight happen.
STC
STC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down