The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov

+10
SecretFly
Brennus
neilthom7
Notch
thebandwagonsociety
BlueMuff
profitius
Don Alfonso
ME-109
MunsterMac
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov - Page 2 Empty Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov

Post by MunsterMac Thu 27 Nov 2014, 12:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

Munster team named;

Munster: JJ Hanrahan, Gerhard van den Heever, Pat Howard, Denis Hurley, Ronan O'Mahony; Ian Keatley, Duncan Williams; John Ryan, Duncan Casey, BJ Botha; Donncha O'Callaghan - capt, Billy Holland; Robin Copeland, Paddy Butler, CJ Stander

Replacements: Kevin O'Byrne, Dave Kilcoyne, Stephen Archer, Tommy O'Donnell, Sean Dougall, Neil Cronin, Andrew Smith, Felix Jones

MunsterMac

Back to top Go down

Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Nov 2014, 9:59 pm

Yeah, an enjoyable game that had everything.  Hard rugby, some lovely running, yellow card, tries that almost happened but didn't, tries that maybe shouldn't have happened but did, last minute kick for the game, last minute phase play to try again for a win..... and ROG thought the exciting nail-biting endings would end with his departure. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov - Page 2 Empty Re: Munster V Ulster Friday 28th Nov

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:02 pm

Notch wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Notch wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Notch wrote:Well, when Ian Humphreys was lining up his kick up at the end I was just thinking we didn't deserve the win after an atrocious end to the first half and start to the second- that it would be an injustice.

Then when he missed I thought... feck injustice, I really wish he had got that actually.

Well done Munster. Ulster- 1000 lines "We must not fall asleep in games".

Considering it wasnt a try in the first place I dont think so. Good to see Munsters second team do a job on Ulster though...

Gracious as ever then.

You know me..

/having said that you will of course make it noteworthy my comments when the ulster academy taught us a lesson last year....but then again Notch your filter is of course skewed.

Let's recap what was said to get this reaction.

1) I said Ulster didn't deserve the win regardless of the last kick and that it would have been an injustice based on our performance
2) I joked that after he missed I didn't care
3) I congratulated Munster on their win

And then you come out with that? Thats just sad man.

Oh look Notch am not going to have (yet another) run in with you. But here is the score...

I honestly didnt think it was a try but I also thought we were going to lose (as I said earlier) considering the team we put out so it WAS good to see the team put out do so well and do a number on a strong Ulster team. If Ulster had won I would have gone balistic. Not because Ulster won but because a significant number of Munster players should be sent to the Young Munster Junior B's and made play in the mud in the league and get the sh1t kicked out of them for the amount of brain f.arts during the game. If Ulster won it would have been a (deserved) smash and grab. I wouldnt have had any complaints about Ulster. The Munster team on the other hand.... censored In fact the majority of the time I would censored the lot of them and some in particular...

there ends the psyche of your average Munster supporter.

Good luck and as I said go hug yourself for being so wonderful

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennus Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:03 pm

It was a top of the table clash and an exciting match. Not happy with Keatley's kicking whether at the posts or garryowens. Ulster had a poor patch in the 3rd quarter which probably decided the game with Munster's relentless phase play. Happy to get a win at the start of a tough but exciting schedule that includes Clermont(home), Clermont(away), Glasgow(away), Leinster(home), Connacht(away), Saracens(away), Sale(home).

Last edited by Brennus on Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Brennus

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:06 pm

SecretFly wrote:Yeah, an enjoyable game that had everything.  Hard rugby, some lovely running, yellow card, tries that almost happened but didn't, tries that maybe shouldn't have happened but did, last minute kick for the game, last minute phase play to try again for a win..... and ROG thought the exciting nail-biting endings would end with his departure. Wink

Keatley is doing a fine job at keeping us all freaked out...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

Brennus wrote:Happy to get a win at the start of a tough but exciting schedule that includes Clermont(home), Clermont(away), Glasgow(away), Leinster(home), Connacht(away), Saracens(away), Sale(home).

Shocked Shocked Shocked

You're fukked!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:36 pm

Poor game with two poor teams. Did any player stand out? Maybe Van Den H who looked dangerous when Keatley or JJ passed to him rather than touch? The Copeland try with two forward passes and the Williams try with no clear grounding - neither should have been given.

What the game showed was how few leaders were on the pitch who had any idea about what was going on. There was no passion shown by either side, with even the derby scuffles no more than clutching handbags in a Black Friday sale.

Munster were really missing POC, POM and Murray. If they had had even one of them on the pitch then Munster would have had five points easy. So all in all Ulster got out of jail with a LBP.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:40 pm

Well deserved win for Munster. Ulster were very poor for most of the match. Only came alive in the last 10 min. Good entertainment anyway.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Fri 28 Nov 2014, 10:47 pm

ME-109 wrote:

Oh look Notch am not going to have (yet another) run in with you. But here is the score...

I honestly didnt think it was a try but I also thought we were going to lose (as I said earlier) considering the team we put out so it WAS good to see the team put out do so well and do a number on a strong Ulster team. If Ulster had won I would have gone balistic. Not because Ulster won but because a significant number of Munster players should be sent to the Young Munster Junior B's and made play in the mud in the league and get the sh1t kicked out of them for the amount of brain f.arts during the game. If Ulster won it would have been a (deserved) smash and grab. I wouldnt have had any complaints about Ulster. The Munster team on the other hand.... censored In fact the majority of the time I would censored the lot of them and some in particular...

there ends the psyche of your average Munster supporter.

Good luck and as I said go hug yourself for being so wonderful

Look, I only came online to congratulate Munster as they did do a job on us and they deserved to win. The next time someone congratulates your team on the win after a close fought and dramatic game, just say thanks. That's called sportsmanship.

Enjoy your win.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brennus Fri 28 Nov 2014, 11:23 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Brennus wrote:Happy to get a win at the start of a tough but exciting schedule that includes Clermont(home), Clermont(away), Glasgow(away), Leinster(home), Connacht(away), Saracens(away), Sale(home).

Shocked Shocked Shocked

You're fukked!

Sad Hope not. It will really test the squad depth though.

Brennus

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:15 am

Cracking match. Great entertainment for this neutral. Munster created then blew how many chances?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BelfastDickVet Mon 01 Dec 2014, 2:02 am

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/donncha-o-callaghan-to-be-cited-for-incident-with-ulster-s-stuart-olding-1.2020475?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting.

BelfastDickVet

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/rdvcrfc/

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:54 am

BelfastDickVet wrote:http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/donncha-o-callaghan-to-be-cited-for-incident-with-ulster-s-stuart-olding-1.2020475?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Interesting.

Oldings head must have a target on it these days, hopefully no real damage done

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by profitius Mon 01 Dec 2014, 12:21 pm

Very sloppy from DOC. Ulster must have some kind of curse over them with players getting freakish head injuries.
profitius
profitius

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 01 Dec 2014, 5:17 pm

Would the backs from the other provinces please stop headbutting Munster locks' legs.

DOC never struck me as a dirty player..... I hope Olding is alright. Don't know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing that a player could finish a game (or was allowed to finish a game) after a kick to the head.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by marty2086 Mon 01 Dec 2014, 5:32 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Would the backs from the other provinces please stop headbutting Munster locks' legs.

DOC never struck me as a dirty player..... I hope Olding is alright. Don't know whether it is a good thing or a bad thing that a player could finish a game (or was allowed to finish a game) after a kick to the head.

Olding had the same thing happen against Toulon, more than likely a similar case of an opponent trying to kick the ball out of the ruck and not seeing the head, though DOC was pretty fired up

marty2086

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 01 Dec 2014, 6:47 pm

The urge to kick is strong in them Munster lads. It's that fighting spirit of anything goes in a battle - NOT kicking a player's head!!! - but certainly if a ball is seen, they'll think ball before risks.
But I'm sure DOC would be sick if he felt Olding was seriously injured by his boot.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2