The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UK Championships

+4
EdWoodjr
The Special Juan
Mad for Chelsea
CaledonianCraig
8 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The UK Championships - Page 4 Empty The UK Championships

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 3 Dec - 1:23

First topic message reminder :

Now well under way at The Barbican Centre is The UK Snooker Championships. It has been expanded this year with more players making the TV stage and more tables in action at the same time. This format has been much-criticized by quite a few players with the tables being criticized and lack of atmosphere. However, I must say it is great to see some new faces get a chance to strut their stuff on TV. Anyway we are now nearing the Quarter-Final stage and today in action are Ronnie O'Sullivan, Neil Robertson, Graeme Dott and Peter Ebdon (four ex-world Champions) this afternoon.......Enjoy and discuss.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

The UK Championships - Page 4 Empty Re: The UK Championships

Post by Duty281 Sat 4 Dec - 5:47

Big test for Wilson from here will be resetting himself from the high of beating O'Sullivan and going again over the weekend, in a position where he is the new tournament favourite. Tremendous chance for him.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sat 4 Dec - 20:56

Duty281 wrote:Big test for Wilson from here will be resetting himself from the high of beating O'Sullivan and going again over the weekend, in a position where  he is the new tournament favourite. Tremendous chance for him.

Agreed.

The next match may seem anti-climactic for him just now but he has to get the right mental attitude for it and maintain the high standards against Luca Brecel. Many are already putting the crown on his head but ne needs to ignore that and plough right on. There are no big hitters, so to speak, left in of note though and generally Wilson is consistent against them.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 5 Dec - 5:06

Mightily impressive stuff from Luca Brecel. I really did not think he had that level of snooker over a sustained period in him. He beats Kyren Wilson to reach the biggest final of his career winning 6-4. Wilson did not play badly at all just that Brecel was better.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 5 Dec - 10:50

Yes, Brecel was immense from the moment he went 3-2 down. Zhao joining him in the final after smashing Hawkins 6-1.

Will be the biggest match of both players' careers so far.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Mon 6 Dec - 0:50

Great standard in the final so far. All Brecel did in the first frame was break off and he lost it. Brecel won the second with a century break and Zhao odds on to go 2-1 up with a 60+ break.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 11 Nov - 8:26

Astonishingly Jimmy White has qualified for the UK Championships at the age of 60 (the tournament proper starts with 32 players, not 128 as previously).

He's been given a first-round tie v Ryan Day, which is probably the most winnable game he could have got.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 4 Dec - 8:48

A stylish 129 break to seal another UK Championship for the greatest. clap

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4