The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ?

+6
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
hampo17
Strongback
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ? - Page 2 Empty Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ?

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 4:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Has he turned into the promotional version of Al Haymon? Great for his boxers bank rolls, but ultimately, only interested in a monopoly of the market we love: boxing.

Let me begin at the beginning.

I like Eddie Hearn. I believe he wants to promote British boxing and build stars. However, the man also sells us mutton dressed as lamb (cliche but true), has extremely limited matchmaking experience, lacks development of fighter skills, and delivers some very bad undercards.

Also, signing up the J Warrington's and B Saunders of this world are fine, he wants to take boxing to new parts of the UK, and I do too, but, the headline is often backed up with comeback fights or international bouts, not 50-50s. It's vulgar. You can only put on world class 'productions' with sell out crowds if you have a fight that justifies the hype, otherwise it's all a facade, surely?

The Bellew card failed because it had world class hype, promotion, crowds and build up, but NEVER one world class fight. And these Groves fights and Smith fights, what are they really? showcases. Never ending showcases. Also, he needs to match diminishing stars like Burns with Campbell Soup. Real promoters do that, that's an intriguing fight. Rebuilding Rose and Burns and Mitchell when they are cooked is: vulgar. He even admitted he didn't like having two mates go at it, well, you have the stable, so have to. You owe it to the fans to be more cut throat with these mediocre has beens. It be better than watching them fight 20 and 2 Argies who are 'tough as nails' but ultimately, cab drivers.

2015 is a big year for Hearn. I like him, but if he delivers an O2 card with nothing exciting but AJ vs Johnson, I'll gun for him. I don't care if it isn't PPV. We deserve a card that is 50/50. Fielding v Smith, Rose v Rabchenko, Mitchell v someone from outside cansville, he has the stable, now he needs to produce the goods.

Thoughts.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ?

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:05 pm

Valid point Hammersmith, that he can learn from, I admit. Solid point. See, I aint a WUM, I value that type of insight. What else? convince me, I am listening with objective views. But do not talk pony or we will ruck, haha, joke mate. Good point that.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Eddie Hearn: What Became of the Likely Lad ?

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:06 pm

Who should AJ be fighting in his 11th fight then?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:10 pm

To be honest, someone who will test his composure would be good. The problem is there's a gulf in quality in the HW division IMO. However, that kid who got banned for cheating is back, and he irks Joshua big time for the amateur loss, I'd love to see him get a warm up and take on AJ. That would test his composure and the kid is fresh and young and confident, also, he's trained with Klitscho and has top level sparring experience. That would test AJ mentally, physically, outside of world level, there isn't much on domestic level that can test him. Sadly. Price be good in a few months too, he'd chin him but the size would be a good test.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:11 pm

Del Boy be good too but we know it can't happen.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:12 pm

Chisora is a massive step up from Johnson isn't he, with his walk forward and throw no punches style, he'd be hit with one jab then go into his shell again.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:14 pm

Fat Chris Aerrola be excellent as he'd have a go and is big.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:15 pm

One fight Del Boy shuts down and he has no heart, so fickle. Fury bossed him. When has Del Boy ever sucked out on a fight before then? Christ man, that's an awful judgement. Cowardly so.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:16 pm

Arreola is smaller than Johnson and also a fair bit fatter.

AJ punches a lot harder than Fury so why the hell would he suddenly have a go coming under heavier artillery?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:32 pm

Chris comes to fight, KJ does not. I do not understand the other bit of your response?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:33 pm

Chris comes to fight, KJ does not. I do not understand the other bit of your response?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:37 pm

The bottom line is that Kevin Johnson is a perfectly acceptable opponent for AJ's 11th fight, to expect to see him put in with world level opponents that early is incomprehensibly stupid.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Tue 02 Dec 2014, 10:42 pm

the only true world level HW are the champions, everyone else is so unproven. That's the gulf, we have Champs, Ex Champs and a bunch of fatties trying to get there. Solis and Ruiz, excellent talents and burger eaters.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:12 am

So what your saying is that there's no test except the champions?

Chisora would be a ridiculous fight to take after the beating Fury just give him. KJ seems to be a good step up and a good barometer to see how he's doing compared to Fury (who as much as he gets on my wick, has got himself in a great position)

Sadly though some people like to WUM and would complain if he signed to fight Wlad.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:19 am

Love AJ but KJ is not a true test. Gobby bum is all he is. AJ KO inside 4 I'm betting a oner on it.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:31 am

The problem is DDG that there isn't many other real tests unless he takes a major step up, and (unfortunately) if he lost then he's suddenly an overhyped bum and not worth anyone's time.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:55 am

So true, Price is a good fight though?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:56 am

DDG, he's had 10 fights. You didn't see Tyson with all the hype (and he was a hype job) after 10 fights get thrown in with anyone nearing KJ level did you? Just checked (sorry, I can't remember every boxers record!) - he fought a 5-6 guy called "Sterling Benjamin".... yet you're saying the guy he's fighting is just a patsy yet he has been in with a far better caliber of opponent.

You must therefore think AJ is effing cheffing amazing in that case!?

He's barely boxed 40 minutes of professional boxing for christ sake man, I've had longer chicken chokers than that! It's not his fault mind that he is that good and his oppo can't live with him.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:57 am

DDGO2 wrote:So true, Price is a good fight though?

That little weasel Sauerland wouldn't let Price anywhere near him. I hate that little Poopie, something about him just makes me start shaking with an uncontrollable rage.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:05 am

Is Price a good fight though? I haven't been able to see any of his fights since he got beat by TT. It would be nice to see the Brits fight each other to determine the best of them though.

I do think the Hearns need to scale back on the Joshua hype train, he's a good prospect at the moment, no different to how Price was really.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

good in the sense he has attributes that in theory could test AJ. not good in terms of ability. this is the HW division though, a punchers chance is rife, IF, you can reach the opponent or have speed. Price has these two factors.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:17 am

Think you're being unkind to Price in saying he has no ability - the guy doesn't have a chin.. That's about his only downfall as he has a murderous right hand, decent speed for a big guy etc

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:20 am

He has ability but lacks any sort of ring generalship, does not adapt or react well at all, lacks self-belief and is flustered incredibly easily when pressured. it's like he's shocked when an opponent wants to hit him. This is boxing!

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:22 am

read this guff from Hearn the HYPE MASTER:

It's on the Daily Mail website, i can't post the link as I am new, have to wait 7 days.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:39 am

This bit?

"'Fury is a great character and a quality fighter but do you really see him coping with Anthony’s power, speed and work rate? Do you not think Anthony would have blasted Chisora out of there far earlier?

'People ask if AJ is ready to fight Fury but, to be honest, is Fury ready to fight AJ? I believe this is a fight that will bring both men to new levels in terms of financial rewards. It's a numbers game and these numbers add up.'
"

Is a pretty valid point as Fury is slow and doesn't exactly carry a huge whack. I know who my money would be on and it'd be the tens of thousands I have in one of my offshore accounts.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:45 am

now pasted the Kevin Johnson guff he wrote, that was awful.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:07 am

It's not a valid point though Kirk, Fury (whether you like him or not,) has shown himself to be the top of the Brits at the moment. It would be a good fight for AJ but possibly a step too far at this point in time (plus whats the incentive for Fury?)

although I'm sure Hearn could always build a PPV around it

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:10 am

It's a more than valid point, id back AJ every time to demolish Fury, I haven't seen anything to suggest Fury could cope with the variety and power. He won't get outmuscled wherein Fury's only strength is negated and AJ being a big name any ref will be hot on all of his indiscretions.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:13 am

Gotta disagree HH, don't think AJ's been in with anyone near Fury yet, so for Eddie to just dismiss it is daft.

And if Eddie does really believe that right now, then putting him in with KJ becomes a bit of a joke as he should be aiming higher, not feeding on Fury's scraps.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:16 am

What does Fury that is so good that he could trouble AJ, it's too soon for him but I still think he'd destroy him.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:21 am

Isn't that more a question for AJ than Fury at this point? Who's he fought to prove he has anything other than speed and power?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:21 am

Nothing really other than he's fought a higher calibre of opposition. I think AJ could quite well beat him but I think we saw with Eubank/BJS what can happen if you overstate our abilities.

Also if your wanting people to accept you are the next best thing, don't slate another fighter when your next big thing is facing one of his previous opponents.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:25 am

Amen. We have no idea is AJ is any good, non, those first ten were all complete bums.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:27 am

AJ is technically very good as is Saunders so the comparison doesn't fit, AJ looks potentially world class.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:30 am

how can you say that when he's fought dead bodies and heavy bags? ridiculous comment, vulgar.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:33 am

Emore bugger off you tiresome cretin.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:34 am

Hammersmith I am not going to engage with your weird random abuse. Trolling makes me uncomfortable.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:47 am

It does though HH.

AJ is being called a major player in the future yet hasn't really fought a live opponent yet. same as Eubank (although he'd had a few more fights) People are now saying he'd beat Fury with ease as he isnt' as good as some people say.

Hearn needs to keep his gob shut about AJ being the best and keep building him up. KJ is a good stepping stone and see what happens after that. If he struggles with him or does worse than Fury did, it's gonna look pretty daft stating how much better than Fury he is now.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:56 pm

Eddie has an excuse for every outcome...

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2