The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

+67
Dr Shoe
gw
wisden
Hero
mikey_dragon
greengoblin
Alistair
Holymiky
Blade
Enforcer
hornbloweroafc
ShockmasterV2
Hammersmith harrier
profitius
MichaelT
Jermaine2015
Geordie
Knowsit17
President Trump
jimmyinthewell68
Hoggy_Bear
MIG
SecretFly
Simon West
Azzy
ONETWOFOREVER
dummy_half
compelling and rich
lfc91
RinoGattuso
bluestonevedder
Mind the windows Tino.
SirJohnnyEnglish
RuggerRadge2611
nadeem2099
Dr Gregory House MD
Nakatomi Plaza
The Beast
The_Enigma
hampo17
Bull
kingraf
Gwlad
trottb
Rowley
guildfordbat
Duty281
westisbest
Ent
JDizzle
Mike Selig
superflyweight
Breadvan
Crimey
The Saint
Mad for Chelsea
Soldier_Of_Fortune
seanmichaels
Galted
rIck_dAgless
TRUSSMAN66
Mr Bounce
Derbymanc
Stella
Pete330v2
incontinentia
Adam D
71 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Empty The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Adam D Sat 01 Nov 2014, 9:48 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quite enjoyed rec 3 although it's not really much to do with the first 2 films.

If it had been a standalone film, I think the critical response would have been better. For me it was really entertaining.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Rowley Mon 02 Mar 2015, 2:18 pm

Watched Nigthcrawler. Really enjoyed it, Gylenhall is very good in it and the film has a dark mood I really enjoyed. Not exactly laugh a minute, but worth a watch if you want something a bit different.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!) - Page 8 Empty Re: The Last Film watched (CONTAINS STAR WARS SPOILERS!!)

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 2:53 pm

"One Night in Istanbul" Truly dreadful "comedy" charting two LFC supporting chancers adventures around the 2005 Champions League Final. Denzil from "Only Fools and horses" stars with some bloke I've seen in loads of stuff and he's been sh!t in all of it. They should be ashamed.

Liverpool being so dreadful in the CL after an eternity spent trying to qualify again is karma for this particular turdburger of a film

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

Focus. Very much a "conning people is SO coooooooooollll!" type of film - all style over substance. There's an awful lot of emphasis on how complicated the con can be and how much of a well-oiled machine it needs to be. Of course Will Smith is (trying to be) super-cool and Margot Robbie is achingly hot but aside from a few amusing one-liners it's nothing more than being an ok way to spend a couple of hours. Not a bad film, but quite predictable in that the twist you think is coming clearly isn't because it will be something else that you hadn't thought of. Because the film is cool you see?  Very Happy  6/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1:23 pm

Bad Neighbours.

Bad indeed

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Focus. Very much a "conning people is SO coooooooooollll!" type of film - all style over substance. There's an awful lot of emphasis on how complicated the con can be and how much of a well-oiled machine it needs to be. Of course Will Smith is (trying to be) super-cool and Margot Robbie is achingly hot but aside from a few amusing one-liners it's nothing more than being an ok way to spend a couple of hours. Not a bad film, but quite predictable in that the twist you think is coming clearly isn't because it will be something else that you hadn't thought of. Because the film is cool you see?  Very Happy  6/10
I've seen "Hustle" on the BBC, fail to see the point in watching an extended American version of it....sadly, wife thinks it looks good. I'll be happy to tell it's not when we watch it in a month or two after I've downloaded it.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 2:36 pm

old one but finally got around seeing the conjuring and annabelle .conjuring was the best horror film I seen for ages while but annabelle the spin off was rubbish. looked up the annabelle doll tho on youtube it's a true story

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 2:39 pm

True. Conjuring was great for a horror film. Haven't seen annabelle yet. I was watching Insidious 2 the other day. Although it was good, I prefered the first one.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm

Not seen the second but it be next on my list now

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Thu 05 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm

Not seen the second but it be next on my list now

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 07 Mar 2015, 8:29 pm

Watched Copland. Pretty decent, great part for Stallone. Lots of stars from Late 90's/Early 2000 TV classics like the Sopranos (Carmela, Artie Bucco, Phil Leonardo), and Leo McGarry from the West Wing.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 07 Mar 2015, 10:07 pm

Yeah, Copland is awesome. Got all of the necessary Italian American actors, and is a pretty good tale. Films these days aren't as good as they used to be *sigh*.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 08 Mar 2015, 11:24 am

Mrs B for a laugh got hold of a copy of Hercules starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. To be fair I wasn't expecting very much but man this is pretty poor. There's a few good lines in it but it mainly consists of English and Scandinavian thesps hamming it up with a few slow-mo battle scenes and baby oiled up Dwayne thrown in for good measure.

Both Ian McShane and John Hurt sleepwalk their way through it and Rufus Sewell effectively plays himself. The storyline isn't even remotely taxing. It's not awful, but I think I would prefer to watch the 3rd instalment of Sharknado than see this again. 3/10

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Mon 09 Mar 2015, 3:13 pm

I watched Calvary with Brendan Gleeson lastnight and I thought it was brilliant, great performances all round I thought

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 09 Mar 2015, 3:37 pm

Ian McDarkEyedDevilShane.

That man has been typecast since he left the cot.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 3:42 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Mrs B for a laugh got hold of a copy of Hercules starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. To be fair I wasn't expecting very much but man this is pretty poor. There's a few good lines in it but it mainly consists of English and Scandinavian thesps hamming it up with a few slow-mo battle scenes and baby oiled up Dwayne thrown in for good measure.

Both Ian McShane and John Hurt sleepwalk their way through it and Rufus Sewell effectively plays himself. The storyline isn't even remotely taxing. It's not awful, but I think I would prefer to watch the 3rd instalment of Sharknado than see this again. 3/10
It's like they made this cos Johnson didn't get the remake of the Conan gig like everyone (incorrectly) predicted he would. Don't mind Johnson to be fair but this is a real dud.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Mar 2015, 12:59 pm

Edge of Tomorrow. Awful start, looked real B-rate & then the slaughter-reset structure of a first person shooter begins, with the time travelling & it's actually quite an entertaining sci-fi action movie. Enjoyable watch actually. 7/10

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sat 14 Mar 2015, 3:49 pm

John wrote:Edge of Tomorrow. Awful start, looked real B-rate & then the slaughter-reset structure of a first person shooter begins, with the time travelling & it's actually quite an entertaining sci-fi action movie. Enjoyable watch actually. 7/10

Watched that last night aswell. Really enjoyed the premise and overall film.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 14 Mar 2015, 8:25 pm

Watched Zero Dark Thirty and Babel recently. Enjoyed both.

Even though I knew how Zero would end, the plot kept me enthralled throughout. I did think the film would look more at the Navy Seals operation to kill Bin laden, rather than the CIA operation to track him down.

Despite not being a biopic of the former Liverpool attacker, Babel was a good watch as well. A thought it was a similar story to Crash, but the executed far better. The actress who played the deaf Japanese school girl was superb.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 10:23 am

Focus...high predictably style over substance Will Smith vehicle. Waste of time and broadband. Wife likes the BBC series Hustle so was looking forward to it...she fell asleep halfway through

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 16 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

DAVE667 wrote:Focus...high predictably style over substance Will Smith vehicle. Waste of time and broadband. Wife likes the BBC series Hustle so was looking forward to it...she fell asleep halfway through

I didn't think it was that bad.

Margo Robbie though!!! heart

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 12:24 pm

Totally agree on Margot, Soldier, but the rest of it was predictable drivel with nice location shots and oodles of product placement...must go buy a NOKIA for some reason...

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 18 Mar 2015, 10:46 am

Argo- very good, 8/10

Cemetary Junction- meh, not great. Expected it to be funnier coming from Gervais and Merchant. 5/10
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by bluestonevedder Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:07 am

I watched Star Trek on Sunday, and then Star Trek: Into Darkness last night. 

Thoroughly enjoyed them both. I was a little annoyed by Pine at the start. I thought he was trying too hard to be the reluctant, misbehaving, hard-done by orphan action hero, but he grew on me. 

Cumberbatch was sublime in the second. A great British export.

bluestonevedder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:25 pm

incontinentia wrote:Argo- very good, 8/10

Cemetary Junction- meh, not great. Expected it to be funnier coming from Gervais and Merchant. 5/10
As opposed to it being a load of self congratulatory celluloid masturbation which is what we've come to expect from that smuggest of smug c*nts Gervais?????

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

As opposed to it being a load of self congratulatory celluloid masturbation which is what we've come to expect from that smuggest of smug c*nts Gervais?????

Ha, totally agree Dave

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Wed 18 Mar 2015, 2:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:

Hadn't really noticed that David, I'll take your word for it Wink
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 18 Mar 2015, 5:16 pm

The Voices with Ryan Reynolds, mainly watched it as it has both Anna Kendricks and Jemma Arterton in, which is surely enough to recommend any film, but it was pretty good. Reynolds plays an unhinged bloke trying to fit in a regular job, not giving too much away to say it all goes pretty much arse up.

Plenty of people will hate it but I quite enjoyed it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed 18 Mar 2015, 5:34 pm

He's really a zombie???

There's bound to be a zombie catch in there?? No???

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:53 pm

Kingsman. Kickass style homage to bond films and a good laugh

Black sea. Meh, It'll be on film 4 in a few months..
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:22 pm

My wife wants to watch Interstellar but with her worryingly low attention span I fear my review will coincide with the next eclipse

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:32 pm

Gone Girl

Ben Affleck in a David Fincher thriller about a man who comes home to see his wife has disappeared.

I thought it was really well made, though was slightly disappointed with the ending.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:36 pm

I kind of liked the ending Stella, get sick of films where everything gets tied up in a nice little bow, enjoyed the fact it was different and there was a degree of ambiguity, pretty brave to leave such a long film like that.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Wed 25 Mar 2015, 3:40 pm

Rowley wrote:I kind of liked the ending Stella, get sick of films where everything gets tied up in a nice little bow, enjoyed the fact it was different and there was a degree of ambiguity, pretty brave to leave such a long film like that.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Without giving too much away, I just wanted some comeuppance.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:26 pm

Paddington...it's OK, my wife and daughter liked it. I needed more dead hookers.

Started watching "The Homesman" with Tommy Lee Jones and Hilary Swank. Seems like it's going to be a sort of Rooster Cogburn type flick, but I like Jones so I'll stick with it.

As a result of recent conversations I re-watched The Outlaw Josey Wales. Forgot how funny Chief Dan George is..."I didn't surrender, I had a horse and they made him surrender!"

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 26 Mar 2015, 12:44 pm

I enjoyed Paddington. Quite funny, and Kidman is always good to ogle at.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 26 Mar 2015, 3:59 pm

Watched 'Hannibal' over the weekend. (2001, Julianne Moore as Clarice Starling). Very entertaining, Hopkins brilliant as the psychopathic doctor(although I don't know how he managed to travel around so easily while on the FBI 10 most wanted list Headscratch) Julianne Moore probably isn't as good as Jodie Foster in the Clarice role.

So that's Hannibal, Red Dragon and the Silence of the Lambs I've seen so far. Has anyone watched Manhunter, and is it worth a look?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:03 pm

Hannibal Rising is worth a watch.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:07 pm

Stella wrote:Hannibal Rising is worth a watch.
Hannibal Rising is p!ss....Manhunter is excellent although it's somewhat dated now but smashes the granny out of the Red Dragon film however neither film come close to the brilliance of the actual book

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:08 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Hannibal Rising is p!ss....Manhunter is excellent although it's somewhat dated now but smashes the granny out of the Red Dragon film however neither film come close to the brilliance of the actual book

If he/she liked Hannibal then Red Dragon is definitely worth viewing.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm

Stella wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

If he/she liked Hannibal then Red Dragon is definitely worth viewing.
It's worth viewing but not a patch on the book...I'd recommend doing it in that order than risk a life of disappointment. Don't want them on a forum raging to some youngster about how cr@p it is and how they should have listened to that miserable old *** back in 2015 who told them about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:19 pm

Must take in Manhunter some time.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm

Stella wrote:Must take in Manhunter some time.
Tom Noonan is better that Ralph Fiennes but still not how I picture Francis Dolarhyde. He's supposed to be a massively muscled individual (imagine STRONGY on one of his weaker, less buff, days)

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Thu 26 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
I have the book but only got around to reading a couple of chapters, must read it through after these pesky exams in a few weeks.

Hannibal Rising doesn't look great to be honest(if a google search is any indication), if it's on I'll give it a gander.

Just looked and Manhunter is on youtube!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 27 Mar 2015, 12:36 pm

I was on bbc iplayer yesterday and I saw there was a film called "Sleep Tight". It's a Spanish movie so it was in subtitles but it was a decent watch. I recommend it if you like thriller or a slow burning film.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 29 Mar 2015, 8:42 pm

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - Absolutely mental film and i'm pretty sure my little lad wrote it when he was hyper BUT it's fantastic family fun. Loads of little daft jokes and I was laughing my head off. Brill.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:27 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 - Absolutely mental film and i'm pretty sure my little lad wrote it when he was hyper BUT it's fantastic family fun. Loads of little daft jokes and I was laughing my head off. Brill.

"Theres a leak in the boat!!" Great film.

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 29 Mar 2015, 9:29 pm

Watched Manhunter the other night. Its not as good as Red Dragon in my correct opinion. Ending was quite a bit different from RD and not in a good way.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 11:56 am

incontinentia wrote:Watched Manhunter the other night. Its not as good as Red Dragon in my correct opinion. Ending was quite a bit different from RD and not in a good way.

Ooooooooooooh get her!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Mon 30 Mar 2015, 1:42 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
incontinentia wrote:Watched Manhunter the other night. Its not as good as Red Dragon in my correct opinion. Ending was quite a bit different from RD and not in a good way.

Very Happy MH was decent dave but didn't you prefer the better cast, production and overall "Hollywoodness" of Red Dragon?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Mar 2015, 2:57 pm

incontinentia wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

Very Happy  MH was decent dave but didn't you prefer the better cast, production and overall "Hollywoodness" of Red Dragon?
No, because given how much time has elapsed since Manhunter came out, they had every opportunity to make a decent film and then f*cked it up by casting Edward Norton and Ralph Fiennes. The only casting that would have been worse would have been Will Graham being played by Will Ferrell and Francis Dolarhyde being played by Frankie Dettori.

It may just be me but I tend to believe that if you're going to make a film adaptation, try reading the f*cking book first

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next