The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare?

+3
MR. scotland27
emack2
SB
7 posters

Go down

The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare? Empty The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare?

Post by SB Thu 26 May 2011, 10:43 pm

With only a few months to go until the seventh Rugby World Cup, I thought I'd see what the opinion amongst the 606v2 universe is about how successful the tournament will be. From what I've been hearing the main concern is that the public down in NZ is only concerned with how the All Blacks do and that it could be a blow out when it comes to generating interest between the minnows.

Maybe I'm being biased or unfair, I don't know. But without question the success (both in opinion and financially) the last two tournaments have been a blast because it's generated a huge national and international following whilst the tournament is on. I have no doubt that it'll be popular again but what is the attitude like in the high street down under?

Furthermore, on a slight break with the subject, who will win the RWC and why?
SB
SB

Back to top Go down

The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare? Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare?

Post by emack2 Sat 28 May 2011, 1:39 am

Who,will win anyones guess,only 7 losses by All Blacks in 15years in New Zealand.But RWCs are funny,financially NZ state its going to be a disaster for them.The Last RWC was the worst of the lot except for the performances of the minnows.Most of the big guns exited early,Ireland,Wales did`nt get out of there groups,Australia and New Zealand went out in the quarter finals,France beat All Blacks,then did`nt turn up for the rest of the tournament.There is always one country among the so called second tier.Who go giant busting it`s a case of picking out who it is.Perhaps it`s Italy`s turn stranger things have hapened.Just hope there`s some good Rugby involved.

emack2

Back to top Go down

The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare? Empty Re: The Rugby World Cup - How will it fare?

Post by MR. scotland27 Sat 28 May 2011, 11:13 am

I just hope it will be a great competition free of any major contreversy. I have a sneeking suspicion that New Zealand might go out to france.....
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Sat 28 May 2011, 11:34 am

MR. scotland27 wrote:I just hope it will be a great competition free of any major contreversy. I have a sneeking suspicion that New Zealand might go out to france.....

France will have to make it to the final first ... and I don't think they've got the consistency.

Personally I'm worried about the Aussies
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by MR. scotland27 Sat 28 May 2011, 11:36 am

The aussies have certainly got the best back line i ever seen without a 12, but I do think that france have a good set of players and should not be to long until they rediscover some form.
MR. scotland27
MR. scotland27

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Sat 28 May 2011, 11:47 am

https://www.606v2.com/t4284-who-is-going-to-win-the-rugby-world-cup

just in case you all missed it!

I think it will be a brilliant tournament this time around - some teams hitting form with the conditions allowing good open play.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Sat 28 May 2011, 1:21 pm

It will be a magnificent tournament. My mere presence at the event will see to that thumbsup
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Shifty Sat 28 May 2011, 5:24 pm

It will be a wonderful tournament. New Zealand families have already banded together to offer Welsh fans FREE accomoation in their homes during the tournament.

http://www.wru.co.uk/26652.php

Lets be honest what other country would be so kind and generous to people.

I dont think it will be better than the 1995 tournament in south Africa, but if anyone can pull off a fantastic spectacle, it's rugby mad New Zealand. I just wish i was going!
Shifty
Shifty

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down