The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

+13
bhb001
AdamT
catchweight
Mr Bounce
Mind the windows Tino.
ONETWOFOREVER
OasisBFC
Valero's Conscience
88Chris05
Derbymanc
milkyboy
Ent
Strongback
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  - Page 2 Empty Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

Post by Strongback Tue 16 Dec 2014 - 23:14

First topic message reminder :

Prizefighter Anthony Crolla's world title hopes dashed after suffering broken ankle and serious head injury tackling burglars
Dec 16, 2014 22:38 By John Scheerhout

Anthony Crolla from New Moston suffered a serious head injury and a broken ankle chasing a pair of cowardly thugs who had been raiding a neighbour’s house

Boxing champ Anthony Crolla’s world title fight will have to be called off after he suffered terrible injuries tackling burglars.

The 28-year-old from New Moston suffered a serious head injury and a suspected broken ankle chasing a pair of cowardly thugs who had been raiding a neighbour’s house.

The have-a-go hero gave chase after he spotted the two raiders jumping over a fence from a neighbour’s house into his garden.

He managed to grab hold of one of the burglars nearby but the second is understood to have picked up a brick or lump of concrete and thrown it at his head.

With blood pouring from a head wound, the WBO intercontinental lightweight champ managed to stagger back to his home where his girlfriend dialled 999.

Paramedics were called to the scene and Crolla was taken to Royal Oldham Hospital where he remains in a stable condition and awaiting the result of a CT scan.

His devastated trainer Joe Gallagher, 46, conceded Crolla’s injuries were so severe his scheduled January 23 WBA world title fight with Richard Abril at the Phones 4U Arena would have to be called off.

Gallagher told the MEN: “I’ve just spoken to him on the phone and he’s heart-broken. He’s all plastered-up and waiting for a CT scan. His title dream is gone. Whether he will ever get another shot at it in the future, I don’t know. His dreams are in tatters.”

Describing the incident at Crolla’s home at around 6pm on Tuesday, Gallagher said: “He’s seen people climbing over a fence from next door and he’s given chase. He’s managed to get hold of one of the two but the other has picked up a brick or a concrete slab and attacked him. He could have been killed.”

Crolla, known as ‘Million Dolla Crolla’, is much-loved by Manchester fight fans, having resurrected his career following a damaging defeat in 2012.

The former British champion is known as a tough street fighter but with a heart of gold.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 11:45

Your still here milky, lording it up Wink

I thought ghosty had come back as someone else for a while, or was that mackem mauler?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  - Page 2 Empty Re: Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 11:50

milkyboy wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:clap Very good Dave, bet you'll be humming that all day now Wink

It's Pacman singing Let it go Adam, as you can guess, it's amazing!!!!!!!!

(to the tune of "Reindeer are better than people)

Amir is better than Manny
Floyd don't you think that's right?
No, can't you tell, Amir will not sell
So he doesn't get the fight.

But Floyd, Amir's younger and faster
And may just cause problems for you
No I disagree, I'm faster than he
So a fight with Amir I'll not do

Where's JohnDaChef when you need him?

Was thinking the other day where all the old faces have gone. Likes of Chirstopher Wasp, Imperial Ghost, ScottRF (total numpti) and co.. and who was that total boobie who made the claim that Margarito was handicapped by having plaster in his gloves because it would hurt his hands punching?!

The good posters have all left coxy, but  imperial ghost is still here as hammersmith harrier. Only teasing hammy.

Wouldn't call ScottRf a good poster... Put him on the same par as that little nutjob stalker Tino. Vaguely remember Ghosty losing it over not getting elected as a moderator.

Just watched the Pacquiao video of him singing. For some reason it almost made me want to headbutt my desk until a severe blood clot started to form, thankfully I only subjected myself to 2 seconds of it. Can only imagine that the nuthuggers in Pinoyland have probably made it their first dance song at their weddings next year.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:01

Coxy001 wrote:

Wouldn't call ScottRf a good poster... Put him on the same par as that little nutjob stalker Tino.

Come on now, Geoff, you need to be on your best behavior or you'll get banned again. Did you ask for your picture to be taken down from the cricket club website? It's not there anymore. You can be quite precious sometimes.

Do you remember when you and I had a little bet on Pacquaio v Marquez (I think) and you had to leave for a week? That was hilarious. Although not as funny as when I made you have a breakdown on the board and you got yourself banned for months.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:11

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Wouldn't call ScottRf a good poster... Put him on the same par as that little nutjob stalker Tino.

Come on now, Geoff, you need to be on your best behavior or you'll get banned again.  Did you ask for your picture to be taken down from the cricket club website?  It's not there anymore.  You can be quite precious sometimes.

Do you remember when you and I had a little bet on Pacquaio v Marquez (I think) and you had to leave for a week?  That was hilarious.  Although not as funny as when I made you have a breakdown on the board and you got yourself banned for months.

Low and behold I am computer literate Tina, thought of you printing it out and putting it on your bedroom wall was too much to let happen.

And yes I remember that bet, also remember adhering to it which unlike resignation posts I actually did with a bit of dignity. Wouldn't call it "hilarious", but then again you are a bit messed up so whatever adjective you want to use is pretty much irrelevant to yours truly.

Beginning to think you're an alias of someone. Seldom post any more then as soon as the bait gets dangled out there you're noshing away at all. Feel a bit of pity in all honesty.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:16

Coxy001 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

Come on now, Geoff, you need to be on your best behavior or you'll get banned again.  Did you ask for your picture to be taken down from the cricket club website?  It's not there anymore.  You can be quite precious sometimes.

Do you remember when you and I had a little bet on Pacquaio v Marquez (I think) and you had to leave for a week?  That was hilarious.  Although not as funny as when I made you have a breakdown on the board and you got yourself banned for months.

Low and behold I am computer literate Tina, thought of you printing it out and putting it on your bedroom wall was too much to let happen.

And yes I remember that bet, also remember adhering to it which unlike resignation posts I actually did with a bit of dignity. Wouldn't call it "hilarious", but then again you are a bit messed up so whatever adjective you want to use is pretty much irrelevant to yours truly.

Beginning to think you're an alias of someone. Seldom post any more then as soon as the bait gets dangled out there you're noshing away at all. Feel a bit of pity in all honesty.

I rarely post as there are too many clowns on the boxing board these days. But seeing as you've been reinstated to up the quality of poster, I may well return.

Always good to talk with #zeathlete.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:17

Can you both do something useful and bombard Floyd Mayweather with my quite frankly hilarious Amir/Floyd/Frozen song?

Admittedly it needs more "Whoooaa he's a savaloy puncher" but as a piece of art, I like it!

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:20

Coxy001 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

I rarely post as there are too many clowns on the boxing board these days.  But seeing as you've been reinstated to up the quality of poster, I may well return.

Barely post? He spends most of the day discussing what everyone on the Culture Cup thread had for lunch.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:22

I've copied and pasted it elsewhere, it's too good to go to waste.
I also took full credit for it so people think i'm smart, clever and funny. Cause you know......it's very important what people who don't me think of me Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:26

superflyweight wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

I rarely post as there are too many clowns on the boxing board these days.  But seeing as you've been reinstated to up the quality of poster, I may well return.

Barely post?  He spends most of the day discussing what everyone on the Culture Cup thread had for lunch.  

Which in your case would be Buckie and deep fried Flora.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:27

Coxy001 wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:

You calling me a clown?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:28

That's where your wrong. I'm having a pie on a roll with a topping of beef crisps today.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:29

milkyboy wrote:

You calling me a clown?

Yeah. You, Chris, Jeff and Adam. The four of you. Clowns. With massive, stupid shoes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:55

I may well return

Never left, just here under a different (more frequently posting) alias. 11 minutes later and I get a bite.

#stalker

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 12:59

Coxy001 wrote:
I may well return

Never left, just here under a different (more frequently posting) alias. 11 minutes later and I get a bite.

#stalker

I love the moody picture on @zeathlete. I think it's quite cute how you've pulled your sleeve up over your little hand.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:01

laughing You should be so vicious all the time, then you would be the hardest man in your household

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:02

milkyboy wrote:

You calling me a clown?

Yeah.  You, Chris, Jeff and Adam.  The four of you.  Clowns.  With massive, stupid shoes.

You know what they say tino... Big feet... Big shoes

Anyway, you're not so smart yourself... Can't even use a condom

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:02

ShahenshahG wrote:laughing You should be so vicious all the time, then you would be the hardest man in your household

Laugh

Unlikely, Shah. Unlikely.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:05

milkyboy wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

You calling me a clown?

Yeah.  You, Chris, Jeff and Adam.  The four of you.  Clowns.  With massive, stupid shoes.

Don't worry, I made sure I bagged up with Mrs Milky.

Too much respect for you, old pal.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:13

My newborn's bloody ugly, like I said you can't use a condom

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:13

milkyboy wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

You calling me a clown?

Tis a sad state of affairs when a man like Tino is reduced to insinuations, what he really means is that milky junior was there so he was forced to carry her shopping

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:28

Coxy001 wrote:
I may well return

#stalker

I love the moody picture on @zeathlete.  I think it's quite cute how you've pulled your sleeve up over your little hand.

Seriously. Get a life.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:49

ShahenshahG wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

You calling me a clown?

Tis a sad state of affairs when a man like Tino is reduced to insinuations, what he really means is that milky junior was there so he was forced to carry her shopping

Funnily enough, and this is actually the truth. Mrs milky was out with milky junior when she was about 6 months pregnant, and some bloke came up to her in a coffee bar and asked her out. We were wondering what kind of depraved saddo asks out a pregnant mother out with her toddler. I guess now we have our answer

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 13:52

milkyboy wrote:
ShahenshahG wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
milkyboy wrote:

You calling me a clown?

Funnily enough, and this is actually the truth. Mrs milky was out with milky junior when she was about 6 months pregnant, and some bloke came up to her in a coffee bar and asked her out. We were wondering what kind of depraved saddo asks out a pregnant mother out with her toddler. I guess now we have our answer

I think its the same kind of guy who has to ask his own wife out during emotional turbelent times of the month when her self esteem is at her lowest just to keep his marriage going.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:02

You do that too? Thought it was just me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:05

Ok shall I book you men a slot on Jeremy Kyle?

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:08

Coxy001 wrote:Ok shall I book you men a slot on Jeremy Kyle?

Is he your cousin?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:09

Tina can be in the segment where he gets his mental issues addressed.

Milky & Shah find out their other halves have been sleeping with dwarfs.

Truss has a breakdown over erectile disfunction and Strongy's wife leaves him for Eddie Hearn (wanted to meet the man her husband talks about all the time and ended up getting Eddies love stick stuck in her).

As a side note, which as a side note is back on topic, they've arrested one the little sh!ts who burgled the house and hit him with the brick. So, good news that the little Tinkywinky will be spending time in prison and his life is now pretty much ruined.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:10

ShahenshahG wrote:
Coxy001 wrote:Ok shall I book you men a slot on Jeremy Kyle?

Is he your cousin?

Pretty sure I just fill out their contact form. Judging by the 10 minutes I've seen of that program if you have serious issues then it seems pretty easy to get on, you guys should be nailed on to get invited Anthony Crolla In Hospital After Tackling Burglars  - Page 2 3559488474

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:12

I wish they was allowed to hit the fooker with a brick.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:15

Coxy001 wrote:Tina can be in the segment where he gets his mental issues addressed.

Milky & Shah find out their other halves have been sleeping with dwarfs.

Truss has a breakdown over erectile disfunction and Strongy's wife leaves him for Eddie Hearn (wanted to meet the man her husband talks about all the time and ended up getting Eddies love stick stuck in her).

As a side note, which as a side note is back on topic, they've arrested one the little sh!ts who burgled the house and hit him with the brick. So, good news that the little Tinkywinky will be spending time in prison and his life is now pretty much ruined.

Coxy pens an autobiography and Jeremy Kyle shoves it up coxy's arsse

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:19

Derbymanc wrote:I wish they was allowed to hit the fooker with a brick.

Four or five just in case they cant cause the same amount of damage on the first few. Do a job properly

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:32

I suspect, when some of crolla's fans inside get hold of him, he'll be wishing they just bricked him in the head

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:39

he'll be wishing they just bricked him in the head

Headscratch

You suggesting they did "other" things to him as well?!

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:52

Nope, I'm suggesting when the guy who bricked crolla gets sent down, he may get worse than a brick in the head.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 14:56

Ah, got ya'. He'll get a bit of bum battering whilst inside, understand now.

Haven't heard any reports of bleeding on the brain, so if it's "just" a fractured skull he should make a full recovery. Here's hoping it all works out for him and gets back to full sharpness with a couple of tune up fights before getting his shot (again) later in the year.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:12

ABSOLUTELY NO GUARNTEE THAT THE LITTLE T*RD WILL EVEN GET CONVICTED.

Even if he does, his brief will undoubtedly beg for leniency and ask the judge not to be too hasty in handing out a custodial sentence just because it's a case that has received a bit of media attention.

Three weeks later the little **** will walk away from the scene of an accident where the car he stole has been wrapped around a lamp post yet some middle aged lady minding her own business ends up on life support.

For all you religious types out there, explain how there can be a God when ****s like that exist solely to ruin people's lives.

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:16

Guess you're not having a great day then Dave?

Guy was arrested on suspicion of assault, burglary and possession with intent to supply drugs..... Now, I'm no lawyer, but I think he'll get a decent stint inside for all of the aforementioned.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:20

Would like to remind you all of two things. Firstly you're innocent until proven guilty. Secondly we have reopened the off topic section.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Dec 2014 - 15:24

Coxy001 wrote:Guess you're not having a great day then Dave?

Guy was arrested on suspicion of assault, burglary and possession with intent to supply drugs..... Now, I'm no lawyer, but I think he'll get a decent stint inside for all of the aforementioned.
Two very pertinent points highlighted there.

As for my day, it's dreadful, wife's gone shopping, has the credit card and I've not heard from her for hours. Gonna be paying for Xmas til next Xmas at this rate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2