The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard

+6
wow_junky
Fists of Fury
Soldier_Of_Fortune
compelling and rich
wheelchair1991
Daz
10 posters

Go down

Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard Empty Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 am

Evening Chaps

Looks like Anthony Crolla has landed a dream fight - he challenges Eric Morales on the Mayweather undercard on September 17th. Big fight on a very big night for boxing. Will do his profile a world of good.

Article:

British lightweight champion Anthony Crolla has landed a dream fight with ring legend Erik Morales on September 17.

The 24-year-old Crolla will go head-to-toe with the former three-weight world champion on the undercard of Floyd Mayweather's clash with Victor Ortiz at the MGM in Las Vegas.

The Mancunian, who has won 21 of his 23 fights returns to the ring after stopping Belgian Herve De Luca in one round in Wigan in June.

Morales is famous for his trilogies with pound-for-pound king Manny Pacquiao and fellow Mexican ring legend Marco Antonio Barrera.

He is one of the few boxers to have beaten Pacquiao, as he accomplished the feat by way of unanimous decision back in 2005, but lost two rematches to the Pac Man in 2006.

The 34-year-old hung up his gloves in wake of defeat to David Diaz in 2007, but decided to return to the ring two years later.

'El Terrible' has won four of his five contests since making his comeback, including a sixth-round knockout of Scotland's Wilie Limond.

The 58-fight veteran has amassed 51 victories since turning professional in 1993, and lost narrow decision to big-hitting Argentine Marcos Rene Maidana last time out in April.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12183_7018430,00.html

Personally I think this is a step too far for Crolla - this is too soon, but fair play to him and lets hope he puts in a good account of himself.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard Empty Re: Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:53 am

having said that morales has looked old and slow so you never know he has a chance to upset the legend that is el terrible

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard Empty Re: Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard

Post by compelling and rich Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:55 am

morales looked alright against the limited maidana, not to sure what to make of this. will crolla get old manned? i dont think he will. got a sneaky feeling youth will tell on this one. morales isnt the hardest to hit if anthony can fight smart he's got a chance

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 am

i agree on the the maidana point but i just think the is one fight to far for erik

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:23 pm

I still think Eric has a lot of offer and will win the fight - possibly by stoppage. Crolla hasnt fought anyone of Eric's calibre or style and could end up being a nightmare for him. Hope it doesnt do Crolla's progression any harm.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:29 pm

Of course. It will be free as well. thumbsup

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:33 pm

hope so should be a good night of boxing

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Anthony Crolla vs Eric Morales - Mayweather Undercard Empty Morales v Crolla: On The Mayweather undercard

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

This is a bit of a strange one. I wonder how this came to.

Crolla is ver underrated and I think his workrate will be too much for battle worn Morales.

Thoughts?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

Yeah - thats 2 fights I want to see on the card already (including the main event) - lets hope they have a stacked card.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:39 pm

What do you reckon the result will be?

I think Crolla could outwork him for a UD. Doesnt say how many rounds yet though, the longer the better

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:42 pm

Morales - via KO. Possible UD, but i'd struggle to give Crolla a win in this one. Hope he does though!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 pm

Already been done mate, just going to merge it over. Cheers.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Already been done mate, just going to merge it over. Cheers.

Where?

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by wow_junky Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:38 pm

Will this be at 135lb or 140lb?

wow_junky

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:44 pm

wow_junky wrote:Will this be at 135lb or 140lb?

No idea yet mate - cant seem to find that info, will have a look around tonight when i get back home.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:44 pm

Dazstarr wrote:
Fists of Fury wrote:Already been done mate, just going to merge it over. Cheers.

Where?

Not aimed at you Daz, sorry. Someone else made a new topic with the same title as yours, so I merged it into yours.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:47 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:
Dazstarr wrote:

Where?

Not aimed at you Daz, sorry. Someone else made a new topic with the same title as yours, so I merged it into yours.

Ahh ok no worries! I went back 4 pages and couldnt find it! Haha!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Haha, apologies for wasting your time!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 pm

Fists of Fury wrote:Haha, apologies for wasting your time!

No worries!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:31 am

Crolla is a very good body puncher with decent speed. I can't help but think that morales will be prone to his fleshy body. Crolla won't be able to win on points imo. Crolla TKO 11

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:53 am

Looks like a good card now, Morales is way past his best, but not sure if it's enough for Crolla to take victory, interesting fight and a more sensible option for Morales at this stage, if he wins in style then maybe he's ready to go after a title, if he loses then it's been a great career.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:55 am

Like this Crolla but Morales still has too much left..

late ko..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:44 am

crolla has a good chance but, we've seen morales against maidana prove he can never ruled out. if morales lost against crolla i dont know where that would leave khan, who has stated he will face morales hopefully round december.

crolla was very impressive with his body shots in his last outting, granted against a nobody.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down