The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard

+3
owen10ozzy
jack-rabbitpunch
Pedro147
7 posters

Go down

Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard Empty Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard

Post by Pedro147 Wed 01 May 2013, 2:54 pm

Eddie Hearn just tweeted about this fight. Excellent fight for an undercard and hopefully a few more decent ones added to it.

In my opinion, Ress will have too much him but you never know. Tough fights against Matthews might work to Crolla's advantage.

How you guys seen this one go?

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard Empty Re: Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard

Post by jack-rabbitpunch Wed 01 May 2013, 2:56 pm

Rees by late tko or UD. Crolla wont be able to back him up to stop his smothering attacks

jack-rabbitpunch

Back to top Go down

Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard Empty Re: Rees V Crolla - Confirmed for Haye undercard

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 3:11 pm

Just wating for STRONGBACK to find some way of criticising Haye

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 01 May 2013, 3:30 pm

Someone mentioned they were considering going to this but that tickets prices were a little steep for Haye v Charr and a Heavyweight Prize fighter. I said that they should wait because no doubt the undercard would shape up to pretty decent.

Another example of good match making by Hearn. Great domestic scrap and should be a barnstormer. Hoping I get to cover this event for work.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 01 May 2013, 3:51 pm

Who do you work for Owen?

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 May 2013, 3:55 pm

One of those hot dog vendors you see dotted about the place

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 01 May 2013, 4:01 pm

Damn you got it in one DAVE667...you won't be getting any discounted hot dogs if I see you outside any boxing event!!

I work freelance hampo - started out with lots of website work for the likes of Goal, Eurosport, Statto, The Offside. Now I mainly do the 'leg work' for the papers both print and web based. So basically the sod who does initial write up's, gets to interview people etc but then has his name replaced with someone elses when it takes it's final form! Annoying but wouldn't change what I'm doing for the world!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 01 May 2013, 5:33 pm

Nice. Fancy a swap?

I work at an insurance broker for commercial haulage.......zzzzzzzzz

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 01 May 2013, 5:37 pm

Depends which job of mine were talking about...

Hot Dog Vendor...Yes...Journalism...No!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Wed 01 May 2013, 6:23 pm

I said I was considering going but it was too expensive.

Still is.

I went to Haye-Ruiz and paid £65 for seats that were lower tier but a long way from the ring... A bit too far really.

Anyway...
Those same seats are now about £85 + booking.

Too expensive.

There's talk of Frampton being added which would improve it again, still think it would be too much for those seats though.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 01 May 2013, 6:29 pm

Ah it was you rob-glos,

Yeh £85 is a fair whack if your a fair bit away from ring, although for lower tier not bad.

But on the flipside I would imagine good atmosphere and you sound like you could end up with a pretty stacked card and plenty of boxing.

7 Heavyweight Contests for the Prizefighter. In general I think they provide pretty decent viewing (have been a few dull ones but given how many have occurred that can be expected).

One of the best domestic scraps on paper in Anthony Crolla v Gavin Rees and of course Haye v Charr. If indeed Frampton does appear then thats another very good british prospect on the list...and I would expect to see a couple more on there.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Wed 01 May 2013, 6:36 pm

Is this PPV, hope not

Either way Rees-Crolla is a good fight and will be competitive and fun while it lasts, but its hard to look past Rees for this. Unless Broner took a lot out of him, which I doubt, he is far more proven and their respective showings against Mathews shows that Crolla isn't as good yet

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 01 May 2013, 6:53 pm

No WHU it's not PPV...Hearn wouldn't put anything other than a 'Huge Fight' on PPV, you can take that to the bank!!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down