The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

+16
TopHat24/7
TheMackemMawler
OasisBFC
eddyfightfan
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
armchairwarrior
Qoxiivi
spencerclarke
winchester
azania
Cast a Shadow
manos de piedra
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec Empty Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:42 pm

29th of June in the MEN.

I don't think I need to comment..........you can guess my feelings on this.

Last edited by Strongback on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec Empty Re: Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:43 pm

I don't think I need to comment..........

if only it applied to other topics as well

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec Empty Re: Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

Post by hampo17 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:44 pm

Think this fight comes down to Charr calling him out a few times. Even going as far as to use the severed head trick.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:47 pm

Stuff you don't like you mean.

Any fighter would have to pass through the 7 circles of hell to beat Louis.

Hearns will always be ranked below Duran.

Honey tore Curry a new one.

Ali just wasn't as good as SRR no matter how you spin it.

I'm just talking common sense.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:50 pm

Strongback wrote:Stuff you don't like you mean.

Laugh

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:51 pm

I think Charr wearing the severed head T-Shirt in the last couple of days was probably Haye's idea as a way to sell the fight. It has his hallmarks written all over it.

Charr called Haye out at the Chisora v Haye presser and nobody knew who he was. Says it all....

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Laugh

Stuck for words are we?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:53 pm

Undisputed Cruiserweight champion.....WBA heavyweight champion

....Generally exciting and aesthetic too.........Handsome........Love or hate him kind of guy...

Let's hope Haye wins and takes over the Heavy reigns from the Klits.......

Might bring some lost fans back to the sport..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:59 pm

Billy Conn got knocked out when coasting.............Tried to knock him out instead of settling for a points win.....7 circles Rolling Eyes ??

Never said Hearns should be above Duran

Ali beats SRR everytime...

Curry was stopped by the Doctor against Honey...............Hardly torn a new a**hole...........What do you call Hatton-Manny?? Rolling Eyes

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:04 pm

Im not surprised if its Charr because the fight makes sense regarding Hayes position with the WBC. I thought it be Charr or Banks. Id heard the possibility of Pulev though which is what I hoped would happen. Stepping stone fight to make Haye look good and get him up the ladder rather a highly rated opponent though.

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:06 pm

It's a shame you can't have a Eubank-Benn-Watson type of tournament with..

Haye..Fury and Price..............

More interesting than any world title fight.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:09 pm

I think I'd be right in saying Louis won that fight. Maybe he was having a bad night and wasn't motivated enough a bit like your workouts.

It kills you Duran is rated higher although you seem to have gone a bit quiet on that front, I think I did see "rolled like a drunk" somewhere recently though.

Ali only wins because he's bigger. P4P Ali is a level behind SRR. Ali himself said he copied SRR.

Honey punched Curry around the ring that night. Do you want me to put up the video?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:14 pm

Conn wasn't passing through 7 circles of hell.....as Schmelling didn't..

Honey was 58-56 on two cards..............Have you seen Breland-Honey?? Rolling Eyes

I've always said Duran is great but not top 10...........

Rolling Eyes Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:17 pm

manos de piedra wrote:Im not surprised if its Charr because the fight makes sense regarding Hayes position with the WBC. I thought it be Charr or Banks. Id heard the possibility of Pulev though which is what I hoped would happen. Stepping stone fight to make Haye look good and get him up the ladder rather a highly rated opponent though.

WBC HW rankings

1. Chris Arreola
2. Bermane Stiverne
3. Jonathon Banks
4. Magomed Abdusalamov
5. Tyson Fury
6. David Haye
7. Tony Grano
8. Manuel Charr
9. Kubrat Pulev
10. Tomasz Adamek
11. Luis Ortiz
12. Franklin Lawrence
13. Odlanier Solis
14. Andrew Wawrzyk
15. Juan Carlos Gomez

Banks would have been the option but I read he broke his thumb in his last fight and is legally tied into a rematch or something along those lines.

Abdusalamov and Grano have fights lined up so that leaves Pulev, Charr or Adamek.

Haye v Adamek would have been value for money.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:22 pm

Billy Conn was an excellent fighter, an all time great. He wasn't a Henry Cooper or the unfortunate Banks who died in the ring.

Any fighter can get knocked over and most of the greats have been. It doesn't mean that they are relegated to the over rated bin.

Not Top 10 and behind Tommy if you had your way.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:25 pm

Schmelling beat Louis...............

Conn outboxed him................Did Cooper outbox Ali or just knock him down..

Try finding any post where I've suggested Hearns is above Duran...

There are a few pictures where he is though!! Laugh

You're a joke.. Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:29 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Conn wasn't passing through 7 circles of hell.....as Schmelling didn't..

Honey was 58-56 on two cards..............Have you seen Breland-Honey?? Rolling Eyes

I've always said Duran is great but not top 10...........

Rolling Eyes Cool

Funnily enough I'd never seen Breland-Honeyghan and caught it for the first time last week. I think that can safely be described as the night Lloyd crossed the line into 'shot' territory...

Curry was tight at the weight but it was getting pretty one-sided by the time he was pulled out.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:31 pm

one might honestly say though CAST..If that fight is tearing an assshole..

Then words can't describe Hearns-Duran and Breland-Honey..............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:31 pm

Conn was a great fighter was Cooper. Conn also lost.

You'd love to have Tommy right up there but you know you wouldn't get away with it.

You've been mouthing off the same tablets of stone since I joined the board. You only have one gear and diversifying scares the crap out of you. Cool

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:33 pm

Is Les going to show up now. He got on well with Cast didn't he.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:34 pm

Talking about changing the argument when you're being slapped...

If I change into LES and dumb it down..maybe we can have a more even debate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:42 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:one might honestly say though CAST..If that fight is tearing an assshole..

Then words can't describe Hearns-Duran and Breland-Honey..............

Honey vs Curry was one-sided. getting progressively more so and I fancy would have ended in some sort of stoppage within another couple of rounds.

Breland vs Honey was worse than that - massacre is probably the most appropriate word, although it was a less shocking result in its context.

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:45 pm

What would you call Starling-Honey??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:What would you call Starling-Honey??

Brilliant question - Honey was outclassed, but it was not on anything like the scale of Breland IMO. That was an absolute horror show and nasty to watch...

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:48 pm

Anyone who has hung around for a while can see that you are bitter that Louis is spoken about in the same breath as Ali. Why do you feel the need to run down a fighter who is universally acclaimed as one of the very greatest men ever to step into the ring. There is so much to admire in Louis but yet you shout and scream like a petulant child.

Tommy's jaw was glass.

Curry had no longevity and liked to toke on the pipe. He blew it. There was no lottery win for McCallum, watch the fight without the "rose tinted" on. 4th round and out.

Ove Ovesen 37-38 | judge: Guy Jutras 38-39 | judge: Jerry Roth 36-40

This is the way you argue.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:53 pm

I'm so bitter I can't sleep at night.................

Anybody mention mccallum.....??????????

Smokescreening...............

Cast..Think Starling's whupping finished Honey and Breland administered the last rites..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:58 pm

Truss - think you're probably right. I was going to describe Starling vs Honey as being like a poor man's Mayweather vs Hatton, and it probably had the same long-term effect.

Did some great things in a short space of time did Lloyd. but his peak didn't last that long. Just old enough to remember seeing Adrian Dodson dishing out the absolute last rites on him in the early 1990s...

On a brighter note, 606v2 is best enjoyed with THE COLOURFIELD - Terry Hall is an absolute genius and seriously cool with it...

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 8:59 pm

Mentioned Curry so not off topic.

You're creating strawmen not me.

Do you think you'll ever break your tablets of stone. Are you happy being so one dimensional?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:00 pm

Strongback wrote:Mentioned Curry so not off topic.

You're creating strawmen not me.

Do you think you'll ever break your tablets of stone. Are you happy being so one dimensional?

Good argument....aces!!!!!! Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:02 pm

Good chap.......as imaginative as ever.

Go and buy a couple of boxing books.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:06 pm

Cast how is your boss ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Cast a Shadow Wed 10 Apr 2013, 9:35 pm

Thanks for asking - he's on the mend and I'm going round to his tomorrow.

He got me into the Colourfield as it happens...

Just made up he's over the bad side of the curve and moving towards as full a recovery as he can.

Appreciate the sentiment mate OK

Cast a Shadow

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:00 pm

no worries mate Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Apr 2013, 10:44 pm

1. Chris Arreola
2. Bermane Stiverne
3. Jonathon Banks
4. Magomed Abdusalamov
5. Tyson Fury
6. David Haye
7. Tony Grano
8. Manuel Charr
9. Kubrat Pulev
10. Tomasz Adamek
11. Luis Ortiz
12. Franklin Lawrence

13. Odlanier Solis
14. Andrew Wawrzyk
15. Juan Carlos Gomez

That is a seriously poor list of fighters.

Those in bold I have never seen or heard of.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by winchester Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:07 pm

Ive never heard of Charr. Is he any good? I dont really see the point in David Haye making a comeback. He has made his money and still has all his faculties. I watched his fight against Wladimir Klitschko and I have got to be honest, I think his toe reason was just an excuse. I thought Haye would win because Wladimir Klitschko looks to a very ordinary heavyweight. Like a worse version of Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis. But Haye was beaten fair and square I have to admit and I just cant forsee him becoming champion. He is just too small when faced with the long reach and conservative style of Wladimir Klitschko. If they are to fight again I think it would be the same outcome. Its time to move over and let the new British fighters like Price and Fury have a go. They are much bigger men who have the size and style to stand up to Wladimir Klitschko.

winchester

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:19 pm

winchester wrote:Ive never heard of Charr. Is he any good? I dont really see the point in David Haye making a comeback. He has made his money and still has all his faculties. I watched his fight against Wladimir Klitschko and I have got to be honest, I think his toe reason was just an excuse. I thought Haye would win because Wladimir Klitschko looks to a very ordinary heavyweight. Like a worse version of Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis. But Haye was beaten fair and square I have to admit and I just cant forsee him becoming champion. He is just too small when faced with the long reach and conservative style of Wladimir Klitschko. If they are to fight again I think it would be the same outcome. Its time to move over and let the new British fighters like Price and Fury have a go. They are much bigger men who have the size and style to stand up to Wladimir Klitschko.

He wants Vitali.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:37 pm

Jeez I was hoping charr's comments on twitter were him trying to get a bit of press but seems like it was planned all along. Shame as I cant see it lasting very long. Would have preferred to have seen pulev.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:44 pm

spencerclarke wrote:Jeez I was hoping charr's comments on twitter were him trying to get a bit of press but seems like it was planned all along. Shame as I cant see it lasting very long. Would have preferred to have seen pulev.

Too dangerous for both parties.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Wed 10 Apr 2013, 11:54 pm

Guess you're right az. Was just wishful thinking

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 11 Apr 2013, 8:36 am

winchester wrote:Ive never heard of Charr. Is he any good? I dont really see the point in David Haye making a comeback. He has made his money and still has all his faculties. I watched his fight against Wladimir Klitschko and I have got to be honest, I think his toe reason was just an excuse. I thought Haye would win because Wladimir Klitschko looks to a very ordinary heavyweight. Like a worse version of Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis. But Haye was beaten fair and square I have to admit and I just cant forsee him becoming champion. He is just too small when faced with the long reach and conservative style of Wladimir Klitschko. If they are to fight again I think it would be the same outcome. Its time to move over and let the new British fighters like Price and Fury have a go. They are much bigger men who have the size and style to stand up to Wladimir Klitschko.

Ahh jesus not this again.

Last edited by hampo171 on Thu 11 Apr 2013, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 11 Apr 2013, 10:35 am

As soon as Charr and Pulev were mooted, it was always going to be Charr. Previous Vitali victim so, similar calculus as Chisora, and an easier fight IMO than Pulev. Both are almost completely unknown to mainstream fans, but with Charr at least they have the Vitali angle to push.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by armchairwarrior Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:29 pm

David said in a previous interview that he wanted to beat ex Vitali opponents in a more exciting and decisive way ( not exact words ).

This makes total sense, and I hope he has 2-3 fights with more and more awkward fighters until he gets Vitali....but!

Heaven forbid he...wait for it...doesn't lose..oh no.. but goes 11 rounds with a good but unknown to the public guy ( not as famous as David basically ) like Chris Arrelola and knocks him out when maybe 1-2 rounds ahead, David having been floored once and getting up to win in a humdinger of a battle, a real classic...

People will just shake their heads and say...well..good, even great fight, but David really should have done this, or that in round six, or looked weary in round 9, or chinny??.....( you get it? )...and, well, he won't cut the mustard with Vitali, of course it will all be over in 2 rounds, he'll be destroyed etc etc , and Vitali will probably pounce on it as an excuse that David is fading..or whatever.

AND THAT is what I see as all wrong with boxing.

Are we subtly getting conditioned to accept one way traffic fights ( on paper ) particularly with the heavyweights - fights that barring serious accidents the top dog will win. Then when something unexpected happens, our guy gets bashed by us!

Highest reward for the lowest risk! - and god forbid the unexpected happens.

If the top boxers can simply choose their opponents from a list, draw up their own contract and do what they please then what is the point of having belts?

Mayweather Pac man is the purest example of the "tail wagging the dog" metaphorically speaking and how a healthily run sport would have sanctioning bodies ordering them to fight, or not allowing them to box under their jurastriction.

And..please,please tell me why Vitali and Vladimir haven't been forced to fight each other or relinquish belts. They must have been mandatory for each other several times over in the last few years...whats going on there??

Don't anyone give me the " we won't fight each other cause of our dear old mum line ". I'm not buying it, and this sport is not run on sentiment. Something rotten is going on there to allow to guys from the same family to hog all positions for so long..mmmm..what do you all think?

armchairwarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by manos de piedra Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:39 pm

If Haye was to barely scrape by Chris Arreola what else would you expect people to say?

manos de piedra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:42 pm

Strongback wrote:I think Charr wearing the severed head T-Shirt in the last couple of days was probably Haye's idea as a way to sell the fight. It has his hallmarks written all over it.
Charr called Haye out at the Chisora v Haye presser and nobody knew who he was. Says it all....
Dear God almighty,now you're suggesting that Haye is still manipulating the boxing public but being even more of a disgrace by getting his opponent to do the promo work for him?
Seriously, your Haye-tred of the man plummets to new depths on a daily basis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Strongback wrote:I think Charr wearing the severed head T-Shirt in the last couple of days was probably Haye's idea as a way to sell the fight. It has his hallmarks written all over it.
Dear God almighty,now you're suggesting that Haye is still manipulating the boxing public but being even more of a disgrace by getting his opponent to do the promo work for him?

If Haye was half as cunning in the ring as Strongy gives him credit for outside it Canastota would currently be constructing an extension to house his achievements.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 11 Apr 2013, 12:52 pm

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:

If Haye was half as cunning in the ring as Strongy gives him credit for outside it Canastota would currently be constructing an extension to house his achievements.

It would also be renamed "Hayenastota" (which, to be honest, sounds quite lovely)

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 12 Apr 2013, 2:01 am

I have never thought Haye was cunning. He's never fooled me and there are threads going back a long time were I predicted pretty much how everything panned out.

It's the smugness and his thinking people will believe anything that is the problem. His crass antics show he knows he doesn't have the talent to make his name based on what he does in the ring.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 13 Apr 2013, 2:52 am

Strongback wrote:I have never thought Haye was cunning. He's never fooled me and there are threads going back a long time were I predicted pretty much how everything panned out.

It's the smugness and his thinking people will believe anything that is the problem. His crass antics show he knows he doesn't have the talent to make his name based on what he does in the ring.

"He's never fooled me" Christ, you are a proper noddy aren't you Strongback. Seriously, did David beat you up when you were younger or something? Sleep with your girlfriend? He literally can't do anything right, he fights Vitali next and you'll kick and scream that he doesn't deserve it, he fights a contender and it still makes you want to murder someone.

I genuinely fear for your life, you'll die alone from bitterness, try being a tad happier and a little more forgiving and you'll turn that frown upside down.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 13 Apr 2013, 2:41 pm

armchairwarrior wrote:David said in a previous interview that he wanted to beat ex Vitali opponents in a more exciting and decisive way ( not exact words ).

This makes total sense, and I hope he has 2-3 fights with more and more awkward fighters until he gets Vitali....but!

Heaven forbid he...wait for it...doesn't lose..oh no.. but goes 11 rounds with a good but unknown to the public guy ( not as famous as David basically ) like Chris Arrelola and knocks him out when maybe 1-2 rounds ahead, David having been floored once and getting up to win in a humdinger of a battle, a real classic...

People will just shake their heads and say...well..good, even great fight, but David really should have done this, or that in round six, or looked weary in round 9, or chinny??.....( you get it? )...and, well, he won't cut the mustard with Vitali, of course it will all be over in 2 rounds, he'll be destroyed etc etc , and Vitali will probably pounce on it as an excuse that David is fading..or whatever.

AND THAT is what I see as all wrong with boxing.

Are we subtly getting conditioned to accept one way traffic fights ( on paper ) particularly with the heavyweights - fights that barring serious accidents the top dog will win. Then when something unexpected happens, our guy gets bashed by us!

Highest reward for the lowest risk! - and god forbid the unexpected happens.

If the top boxers can simply choose their opponents from a list, draw up their own contract and do what they please then what is the point of having belts?

Mayweather Pac man is the purest example of the "tail wagging the dog" metaphorically speaking and how a healthily run sport would have sanctioning bodies ordering them to fight, or not allowing them to box under their jurastriction.

And..please,please tell me why Vitali and Vladimir haven't been forced to fight each other or relinquish belts. They must have been mandatory for each other several times over in the last few years...whats going on there??

Don't anyone give me the " we won't fight each other cause of our dear old mum line ". I'm not buying it, and this sport is not run on sentiment. Something rotten is going on there to allow to guys from the same family to hog all positions for so long..mmmm..what do you all think?

vitali holds the WBC belt and wlad the rest, and no governing body includes other world champions in their ratings. the never have nor never will be made to fight each other. even if they did one would vacate and win the belt back in a few fights time instead.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Sat 13 Apr 2013, 9:37 pm

he's fighting someone below him in the rankings.
thats a good way to earn his title shot...

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next