The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

+16
TopHat24/7
TheMackemMawler
OasisBFC
eddyfightfan
AlexHuckerby
Rowley
armchairwarrior
Qoxiivi
spencerclarke
winchester
azania
Cast a Shadow
manos de piedra
hampo17
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec - Page 2 Empty Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

Post by Strongback Wed 10 Apr 2013, 7:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

29th of June in the MEN.

I don't think I need to comment..........you can guess my feelings on this.

Last edited by Strongback on Mon 15 Apr 2013, 11:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

Post by TheMackemMawler Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

winchester wrote:Ive never heard of Charr. Is he any good? I dont really see the point in David Haye making a comeback. He has made his money and still has all his faculties. I watched his fight against Wladimir Klitschko and I have got to be honest, I think his toe reason was just an excuse. I thought Haye would win because Wladimir Klitschko looks to a very ordinary heavyweight. Like a worse version of Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis. But Haye was beaten fair and square I have to admit and I just cant forsee him becoming champion. He is just too small when faced with the long reach and conservative style of Wladimir Klitschko. If they are to fight again I think it would be the same outcome. Its time to move over and let the new British fighters like Price and Fury have a go. They are much bigger men who have the size and style to stand up to Wladimir Klitschko.

For christ's sake.... picard ..... you haven't clue. Stop embarrassing yourself.
TheMackemMawler
TheMackemMawler

Back to top Go down

Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec - Page 2 Empty Re: Haye Vs Charr Changed to Haye Vs Wawrzyk - Confirmed On Boxrec

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 14 Apr 2013, 2:18 am

TheMackemMawler wrote:
winchester wrote:Ive never heard of Charr. Is he any good? I dont really see the point in David Haye making a comeback. He has made his money and still has all his faculties. I watched his fight against Wladimir Klitschko and I have got to be honest, I think his toe reason was just an excuse. I thought Haye would win because Wladimir Klitschko looks to a very ordinary heavyweight. Like a worse version of Frank Bruno or Lennox Lewis. But Haye was beaten fair and square I have to admit and I just cant forsee him becoming champion. He is just too small when faced with the long reach and conservative style of Wladimir Klitschko. If they are to fight again I think it would be the same outcome. Its time to move over and let the new British fighters like Price and Fury have a go. They are much bigger men who have the size and style to stand up to Wladimir Klitschko.

For christ's sake.... picard ..... you haven't clue. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Its Gordys new account rather obviously.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:15 am

False report according to the Haye camp (via Wingy).

Charr isn't happening, instead it's somepolish dude called Andrzej Wawrzyk.

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=377928&cat=boxer

Completely meaningless if so.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:23 am

Well spotted. Lots will be made that he is unbeaten, but he hasn't fought even at European level, so a total waste of time. We have been after Haye to fightbhis way into contention as a mandatory since the loss to Wlad. He now says that is what he is going to do, but he doesn't need to start so low down!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:32 am

Probably the only fight Haye could get in the WBC Top 15.

1. Chris Arreola
2. Bermane Stiverne
3. Jonathon Banks
4. Magomed Abdusalamov
5. Tyson Fury
6. David Haye
7. Tony Grano
8. Manuel Charr
9. Kubrat Pulev
10. Tomasz Adamek
11. Luis Ortiz
12. Franklin Lawrence
13. Odlanier Solis
14. Andrew Wawrzyk
15. Juan Carlos Gomez

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:40 am

The only fight a part from Manuel Charr who was willing and able to fight him you mean! Not that I was too impressed with Manuel Char either, but at least he had chum (sorry, pedigree) with a fight against Vitali

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:56 am

Wawrzyk is no.7 with the WBA so maybe Haye is keeping his options open and could go after Povetkin's belt or be Vitali's successor.

Don't forget that Wlad will also be positioning himself to be in the first fight for the WBC belt when Vitali retires. Booth is pretty cunning. Can't say the same about David.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:02 pm

Doesn't this show that Boxrec have about as much clue on Haye's next opponent as we do?

Next week it will probably be Seth Mitchell...

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:21 pm

diabolical opponent- and what was the charr fuss about?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:28 pm

Booth would have informed Boxrec or maybe Charr's side did.

How do people see ticket sales going. Are boxing fans in the North of England going to buy this?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Mon 15 Apr 2013, 2:32 pm

i was going but definitely not now, unless the under card is outstanding i wouldn't waste my money.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 15 Apr 2013, 3:13 pm

bhb001 wrote:The only fight a part from Manuel Charr who was willing and able to fight him you mean! Not that I was too impressed with Manuel Char either, but at least he had chum (sorry, pedigree) with a fight against Vitali

You're right Haye is risk aversive unless he's getting £10 million to fight, for £10M he will happily spend 12 rounds running around the ring maintaining a 6 foot distance from his opponent.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:20 pm

If this transpires, it's a terrible opponent choice, from a quality point of view. I mean, this guy only managed a UD against Bonin, who Haye demolished in a round in his first outing as a HW.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 5:56 pm

Strongback wrote:Wawrzyk is no.7 with the WBA so maybe Haye is keeping his options open and could go after Povetkin's belt or be Vitali's successor.

Don't forget that Wlad will also be positioning himself to be in the first fight for the WBC belt when Vitali retires. Booth is pretty cunning. Can't say the same about David.

You honestly think the WBC are going to let Wlad anywhere near their title when they can get Arreola into an easy position to pick up the vacant belt, add in the fact they now seem adverse to unification bouts.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:10 pm

Lets all get behind Fury OK

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:13 pm

I'd rather see Wlad carry on as champion than see Fury pick up a title at any point.

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Mon 15 Apr 2013, 6:14 pm

Pity that he will. Probably the 3rd or 4th best HW out there (assuming Vitali retires).

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 7:30 pm

Never heard of him, if it was a fight to oil his wheels then it would make sense, a competitive warm up for a good fight.

The thing is, unless he thinks he can beat WK in a rematch or look to beat the next best fighters out there then I don't see any point as VK is clearly old now and is their to be beaten, and with everyday that passes the fight is less appealing. If he beats him so what?, so he beats an old man clearly showing his age.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2