The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final

+30
SecretFly
TJ
Stewie15
wayne
offload
Jenifer McLadyboy
Welshmushroom
Standulstermen
Breadvan
Pot Hale
LeinsterFan4life
Welsh Magician
PenfroPete
The Great Aukster
Weegie Wizard
rodders
Sin é
Don Alfonso
shuren34
IanBru
GLove39
Chunky Norwich
George Carlin
VinceWLB
Impossible Standards
HammerofThunor
LordDowlais
geoff998rugby
Notch
Kingshu
34 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final - Page 9 Empty Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final

Post by Kingshu Mon 26 Jan 2015, 10:21 am

First topic message reminder :

New development for the League,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/30980843

Final is going to be annoced in advance from now on,

TBH I don't like this idea at all.

All the hosts of the final so far have been able to sell it out before hand, it rewards the team that finishes higher in the league, and what happens is say the final is Ospreys V Glasgow are all these fans expected to travel to Belfast?

Better have the higher team in the League host it, other wise I can see the final being mostly played out in with mostly neutral crowds.

Kingshu

Back to top Go down

Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final - Page 9 Empty Re: Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:19 am

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:That means unless the WRU would make a bid (can they?) then the final will always be in Ireland or Edinburgh if they put a bid in for Murrayfield.

Cardiff or Edinburgh cannot have it as the national stadiums do meet the criteria apparently, that's what some of the Irish posters on this thread have been saying, so nowhere in Wales Scotland or Italy meet these criteria's so the final will always be in Ireland.

Why don't the national stadiums meet the criteria?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final - Page 9 Empty Re: Kingspan Stadium to Host Pro12 Final

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:21 am

The Irish can't get it into their heads that they aren't a big draw.

Cardiff Blues v Worcester had a bigger crowd in the LV Cup than Cardiff Blues v Munster in the league 2 weeks later.

Worcester ffs!

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:22 am

Wharh about LittleE? Surely Venice got some dapper dens of 5 star class????

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:23 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:The Irish can't get it into their heads that they aren't a big draw.

Cardiff Blues v Worcester had a bigger crowd in the LV Cup than Cardiff Blues v Munster in the league 2 weeks later.

Worcester ffs!

No accounting for Welsh tastes in sub par rugby Wink  You could have a (KOK) fight in the middle of the Millennium, and if one of the KOK's belonged to John from London...it's a sell-out.

It's not rugby specific, this love of hate between you two.  But we're talking rugby here Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:27 am

So while we're on the subject:

The Ospreys Supporters club asked about the fixtures of games too. We asked if it could be confirmed that that all teams have agreed that they would play on Sundays; we were advised that was correct.

We then asked, if this agreement is with ALL teams, why is there not a fair allocation in that ALL 12 teams have to play on a Sunday irrespective of preference? Simply put, if you wish to be part of the Pro12 then as per the agreement you should have a fair allocation of Sunday games.

Two teams so far this season have had not had one home game on a Sunday and they do not have any scheduled in the next 7 rounds either. Out of these two teams only 1 has an away game scheduled for later in the season. That means 1 team has not a home or an away Sunday game within their fixture list this season. I am sure all would agree this is hardly a fair allocation of Sunday games as per the agreement.

Guess who it is? Absolutely loaded in favour of the Irish teams.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:31 am

All teams have agreed that they would play on Sundays.  But obviously nobody read the small print which didn't include 'When' Wink

I guess in theory an Irish team will get around to deciding to fulfil contractual obligations sometime in this decade... or maybe the next one *yawn*......

Right now, much too busy planning the bunting for 'Ulster Says ...Welcome....

Last edited by SecretFly on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:31 am

Who? Tell us, Chunky! TELL US!

We're on tenterhooks shere.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:32 am

Munster won't play a Sunday game this season.

Just counted and Dragons will play at least 10 Sunday games.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:34 am

I'm sure it's just a "fluke" or "unlucky" or something the WRU did which wouldn't ever do anything that isn't in the best interests of the Welsh regions.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:36 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Munster won't play a Sunday game this season.

And they call us paranoid, and claim we are making conspiracy theories up, seriously you could not make this stuff up. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:37 am

LordDowlais wrote:

And they call us paranoid, and claim we are making conspiracy theories up, seriously you could not make this stuff up. Rolling Eyes

They'll defend it. They'll argue against it. They'll call it the best league in the world. They have no shame and nor do they care.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:38 am

Whats the problem with Sunday games?
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:39 am

Jesus. That is massively disproportionate. Quite right to complain about that, in fairness. How many do other teams play?

And is that thrashed out between the broadcasters and the teams?

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:40 am

Sunday is a light day for farmers. Even farmers need a little break now and again...a lie in.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:42 am

Notch wrote:Whats the problem with Sunday games?
Jebus Notch  Rolling Eyes They're followed by Fecking Monday !! I'm sure you lads would love home games on Sunday Wink
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:43 am

Don Alfonso wrote:Jesus. That is massively disproportionate. Quite right to complain about that, in fairness. How many do other teams play?

And is that thrashed out between the broadcasters and the teams?

No, the Irish give the Welsh their (Welsh team) schedules at the beginning of each season... and the 'quiet' and non-argumentative and timid Welsh just agree to everything and say 'Yes Sir'.

That's the fairytale I'm reading at the moment anyway on these here pages. Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:46 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

They'll defend it. They'll argue against it. They'll call it the best league in the world. They have no shame and nor do they care.

You're right I couldn't give a flying fock nor do I see what anyone has to be ashamed of. TV companies decide the schedule. I bet if you research it Welsh TV prefer Sunday games. But it is much easier to whinge and make up conspiracies.

Sky get Saturdays, we seem to get Fridays and the welsh get Sundays.

I guarantee that if you ask any group of fans from ANY team you will get some who prefer all 3.

People who have to travel would prefer Sunday to Friday. People who have other commitments on what ever day would prefer the other 2.

Personally I don't care which day we play on, would probably take Sunday over Friday though.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:48 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:So while we're on the subject:

The Ospreys Supporters club asked about the fixtures of games too. We asked if it could be confirmed that that all teams have agreed that they would play on Sundays; we were advised that was correct.

We then asked, if this agreement is with ALL teams, why is there not a fair allocation in that ALL 12 teams have to play on a Sunday irrespective of preference? Simply put, if you wish to be part of the Pro12 then as per the agreement you should have a fair allocation of Sunday games.

Two teams so far this season have had not had one home game on a Sunday and they do not have any scheduled in the next 7 rounds either. Out of these two teams only 1 has an away game scheduled for later in the season. That means 1 team has not a home or an away Sunday game within their fixture list this season. I am sure all would agree this is hardly a fair allocation of Sunday games as per the agreement.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:48 am

PenfroPete wrote:
Jebus Notch  Rolling Eyes They're followed by Fecking Monday !! I'm sure you lads would love home games on Sunday Wink

Ha Pete. I never even thought of that! Laugh

Games are in the afternoon though. Plenty of time to "have a good time" and get tucked up in bed by 10.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:51 am

Wrong actually. Not many would like Sunday games. Can't drink at the game, as they probably have to work the next day.

The Dragons are likely to pick up more Sunday games than most due to Newport County and RFC, but it is still pretty disproportionate (seeing as we could play Friday nights).

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:52 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:So while we're on the subject:

EXCEPT MUNSTER ..obviously?

Will they get fined? Did you read through the rules far enough to get to the Fines page for rule/agreement breaking?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:54 am

Risca Rev wrote:Wrong actually. Not many would like Sunday games. Can't drink at the game, as they probably have to work the next day.

The Dragons are likely to pick up more Sunday games than most due to Newport County and RFC, but it is still pretty disproportionate (seeing as we could play Friday nights).

Then they just aren't doing it right.

Also if you read the Munsterfans forum you will see that there is non stop complaining about the fact that they have so many Friday night games,they'd much prefer Sundays over that as supporters from (mainly) Cork have no chance of making it to Limerick in time for a Friday night kickoff unless they leave work early.

Last edited by asoreleftshoulder on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:57 am; edited 3 times in total

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:54 am

Not an ounce of shame.

Just happy to ridicule and mock.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:55 am

Risca Rev wrote:Wrong actually. Not many would like Sunday games. Can't drink at the game, as they probably have to work the next day.

How much do you have to drink at a 3 o'clock game to render you unfit for work the next morning? Shocked

Either you can't hold your drink or you are capable of drinking 10 pints in 2 hours. Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:57 am

At least they get to be sober enough to watch a real game and not come in with the next morning headache spiel about there being two biased refs on the field,  unfair reds for their lads, not enough yellows for the opposition, too many balls being left in play, too much booing and not enough of it at the right times, etc etc.  
At least the analysis tends to be more realistic the less the hounds get to drink during the game.

Last edited by SecretFly on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 29 Jan 2015, 11:58 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:Not an ounce of shame.

You are doing a fairly decent job of portraying yourself as a whingebag who is never happy. You have to accept that will make people laugh.

Yes try to help at first, yes listen to your gripes, but eventually under the sheer weight of "Marvin the paranoid android" levels of gloom all you can do is laugh.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:00 pm

PenfroPete wrote:

Ah, so its a problem if you want to drink. I guess the best possible time for a game is Friday but I wouldn't mind Sunday over Saturday because I don't drink. Thats just a personal perspective. I'm sure other fans wouldn't like it.

Ulster at one stage specifically requested no Sunday games in Europe because the local religious fundies had protests and so on outside Ravenhill. But if you ask me, pishing that shower off is a bonus!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:06 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:Not an ounce of shame.

You are doing a fairly decent job of portraying yourself as a whingebag who is never happy. You have to accept that will make people laugh.

Yes try to help at first, yes listen to your gripes, but eventually under the sheer weight of "Marvin the paranoid android" levels of gloom all you can do is laugh.

I've tried to engage Dowlais and Chunky a couple of times on a grown-up, sincere level. I can see there are genuine concerns that do need aired and addressed.

Their responses... sigh.

Instead, I'm going to hope that Ospreys come top, Ulster scrape into the play-offs and win the final at home against the Hairsprays, reffed by Neil Paterson, while Ulster fans burst blood vessels booing every time a Tossprey gets the ball.

It won't happen of course - the Ospreys will not finish top.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:08 pm

The Dragons have 6 Sunday games in a row.

That, quite frankly is mental.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:10 pm

It is. They're not all league though.

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:18 pm

Do the logical stuff Chunky.  Just don't say " 'A' happens and it's not fair!"

Why is 'A' happening?

Why is the Dragons playing 6 Sunday games in a row?

If you don't know, then ask them and find out.

If they don't know, ask the organisers of Pro12.  I hear the new Top guy is Welsh so that should be another easy address to get.

Then tell us who is imposing 6 Sunday games on Dragons and None on Munster.

Then tell us whether the other sides are officially complaining to the Pro12 head office about it

Then tell us if Munster are going to be punished financially or otherwise if they seem to have refused to back up a 'promise' to play Sunday games.

Then tell us the part a Broadcasting group might have on the idea of which sides should actually play on Friday, Saturday or Sunday (after promises) for highest financial reward for them and subsequently a higher value for the Pro12 itself in sponsorship terms?

You see - if you want to be serious about a topic, go where serious goes to and do the research that will expose the 'cheats', expose the 'oppressors', expose the 'secret love-ins' and 'sniggering rule bending for brown envelope gains under a desk'

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:25 pm

Risca Rev wrote:It is. They're not all league though.

6 league games in a row on a Sunday:

Sun, 11 Jan 2015 11 - 22 L Ospreys Liberty Stadium, Swansea GP12 7152
Sun, 15 Feb 2015 15:00 Leinster Royal Dublin Society, Dublin GP12
Sun, 22 Feb 2015 16:00 Connacht Rodney Parade, Newport GP12 S4C
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 18:00 Zebre Rugby Stadio XXV Aprile, Parma GP12
Sun, 08 Mar 2015 16:00 Ulster Rodney Parade, Newport GP12 S4C
28 March 2015 20:30 Benetton Rugby Treviso Stadio Monigo, Treviso GP12
Sun, 12 Apr 2015 16:00 Leinster Rodney Parade, Newport GP12 S4C

Last edited by Chunky Norwich on Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:27 pm

Sat?...

5 in row?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:34 pm

Apologies. 5 in a row.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 29 Jan 2015, 12:39 pm

Then if you add the two LV games, we have 7 in a row. It is what it is. I'm sure people don't love it, but nobody will do anything about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:That means unless the WRU would make a bid (can they?) then the final will always be in Ireland or Edinburgh if they put a bid in for Murrayfield.

Cardiff or Edinburgh cannot have it as the national stadiums do meet the criteria apparently, that's what some of the Irish posters on this thread have been saying, so nowhere in Wales Scotland or Italy meet these criteria's so the final will always be in Ireland.

It can be in the Millenium Stadium! Perhaps the reason why the WRU or SRU didn't bid is because their stadiums are already booked for something else (like Thomond Park).

Guinness, as main sponsors, would stipulate that they would want 5* hotels as that is their big day out and would be entertaining clients/media etc (the reason why they are paying to sponsor the league) - the stadium will be dressed by Guinness (think Heineken Cup final and how Heineken was everywhere.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:20 pm

Sin é wrote:It can be in the Millenium Stadium!

Well according to some of your fellow Irishmen on here, it was not even on the shortlist, because it was too big, so if it can be used, and your country men on here are wrong, why was it not even on the shortlist ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:22 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Well according to some of your fellow Irishmen on here, it was not even on the shortlist, because it was too big, so if it can be used, and your country men on here are wrong, why was it not even on the shortlist ?

There were only two bids on the shortlist because only Ulster and Glasgow chose to bid for it. You're terrible for taking things random people say and then assuming they're right. This thread is 90% speculation.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm

Notch wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There were only two bids on the shortlist because only Ulster and Glasgow chose to bid for it. .

Only one of which, was eligible.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:29 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Notch wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There were only two bids on the shortlist because only Ulster and Glasgow chose to bid for it. .

Only one of which, was eligible.

Wrong. The Glasgow bid was not to hold it at Scotstoun. It was for Rugby Park in Kilmarnock which has a capacity of just over 18000.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:30 pm

Notch wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There were only two bids on the shortlist because only Ulster and Glasgow chose to bid for it. You're terrible for taking things random people say and then assuming they're right. This thread is 90% speculation.

Yes, ok just two bids from the short-list, so please, remind me again, what was on the short-list altogether ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm

That question doesn't even make sense.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:36 pm

Notch wrote:That question doesn't even make sense.

Yes it does, you are saying that of all the the cities or stadiums on the short list only two made bids, so I am asking, who was on the short-list altogether ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Yes it does, you are saying that of all the the cities or stadiums on the short list only two made bids, so I am asking, who was on the short-list altogether ?

Why would a city or stadium that didn't make a bid be on the shortlist?

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:40 pm

Notch wrote:

Wrong. The Glasgow bid was not to hold it at Scotstoun. It was for Rugby Park in Kilmarnock which has a capacity of just over 18000.

Interesting, thanks. have you got a link?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

The short-list consisted of Belfast and Glasgow/Kilmarnock. No-one else made bids. The other parties who could have made bids are the 12 clubs and 4 unions. To do that they would have had to have access to stadium with a capacity of over 18000.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Because only five cites were considered in the first place. Three of those were from Ireland one from Scotland and one from Wales, and let me just say to you before you answer, the one for Wales was not Cardiff. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:42 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Notch wrote:

Interesting, thanks. have you got a link?

Sorry, I've read too many articles on this to be able to pinpoint the specific one that mentions it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:43 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Because only five cites were considered in the first place. Three of those were from Ireland one from Scotland and one from Wales, and let me just say to you before you answer, the one for Wales was not Cardiff. OK

No, only two cities were ever considered because there were only two bids. Why would they consider a venue which didn't even bid for it? You appear to be very confused.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu 29 Jan 2015, 1:44 pm

With SKY Sports coming on board, this has created a change in the broadcast schedule. Speaking from a Welsh perspective before this season

Friday = BBC2 WALES 19:05
Saturday = S4C 17:30
Sunday-= maybe

SKY now have Saturday sown up by the looks of things, so the Welsh broadcasters need Friday and Sunday. Don’t shoot me Dragons fans (especially you Rev  Wink   ) but  the Dragons haven’t been a big draw this season, up until now, hence the 'less attractive' Sunday afternoon slot. Also, as has been stated the ground share with County has had a major impact.
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next