The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

+24
summerblues
Henman Bill
Haddie-nuff
FedsFan
djlovesyou
Calder106
Jahu
invisiblecoolers
Born Slippy
Silver
bogbrush
JuliusHMarx
R!skysports
Josiah Maiestas
CaledonianCraig
Aut0Gr4ph
coolpixel
temporary21
sportslover
HM Murdock
It Must Be Love
Danny_1982
banbrotam
hawkeye
28 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same Empty Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:21 am

When I checked to see who had won today's semi I have to say I was not only a little surprised about the result but the score looked a little odd too. So I looked for a match report and then I found a possible explanation.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2931318/Kim-Sears-apparently-calls-Tomas-Berdych-Czech-flash-f-Andy-Murray-books-Australian-Open-final-spot-tense-match.html

The first set reminded me of a certain match with Del Potro. You know the one "You and your mother always the same".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhkYBO0KeU

Neither Del Potro nor Berdych look the types to be able to handle such bully boy tactics very well, did the off court outburst affect Berdych enough to throw him off?

Last edited by hawkeye on Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:52 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Clearer Title and description for OP purposes of thread)

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same Empty Re: Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:39 am

Laugh Laugh

Least he doesn't shoulder tackle opponents at the change of ends Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same Empty Re: Murray, His Mum And His Girlfriend Are All The Same

Post by banbrotam Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:41 am

I think you're onto something

But don't despair, this is an as * slam final experience, i.e. it doesn't count as he didn't beat at least (preferably both) of Roger or Rafa Rolling Eyes

It's good to see, like Andy you're back to your very best picard

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:43 am

I wasn't sure what you meant HE, so I googled 'bully boy tactics in tennis' and got this page:

http://www.tennis.co.uk/atp/rosol-surprised-by-nadal-shoulder-charge/2495018

Is this what you are referring to? Very Happy

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 am

hawkeye wrote:When I checked to see who had won today's semi I have to say I was not only a little surprised about the result but the score looked a little odd too. So I looked for a match report and then I found a possible explanation.
I watched the whole match, and I really doubt your explanation is likely at all.
Both players were pretty intense at the end of the first set, both staring at each other etc.; and I doubt Berdych even heard what Kim Sears said.
But even if he did, the chances that he would let it affect him to the extent it had an impact on the match is so remote and unlikely that it can't conceivably be put forward as a rational explanation on the match.
What is much more likely, is that Berdych couldn't mentally focus for long periods unlike his opponent, which in the end cost him dear.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:48 am

Can we change the thread title to "Everyone is talking about Murray?" Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by HM Murdock Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:53 am

As 6'5" and 6'6" elite athletes, Berdych and Del Potro are certainly prime candidates to be intimidated by people's mums and girlfriends.

HM Murdock

Back to top Go down

Post by sportslover Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:53 am

Really he how desperate are you to retain the most disliked poster title on v2

Great win by "Andy the Intimidator"

Go Andy Yahoo

sportslover

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:06 am

Berdychs had a few antics over the years (the Almagro non-handshake). Some words were exchanged after the first set, things got heated for a bit, but it was all good at the end. Nadals sometimes done, even Rogers occasionally lost his temper, and f bombed an umpire on court.

Its almost as though these guys are in a highly adrenaline charged situation and cant always keep their cool.

Thats ridiculous though of course, tennis is no more charged than knitting after all

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:48 am

By the way, Murray his mom and his girlfriend are NOT all the same.

His girlfriend is way hotter than Andy or his mom.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by coolpixel Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:00 am

Curious that the whole internet and media was on fire when Mirka Federer opened her mouth but barely a murmur when Murray's GF does so.

coolpixel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:01 am

Didn't Djokovic once shout out to the crowd, 'now you will all suck my D1ck'?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:04 am

coolpixel wrote:Curious that the whole internet and media was on fire when Mirka Federer opened her mouth but barely a murmur when Murray's GF does so.

Well the headline says Did Kim Sears say what she "supposedly"?

I take anything the Daily Fail says with a pinch of salt.

Back to top Go down

Post by Aut0Gr4ph Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:34 am

Berdych is renowned for his prickly on-court persona. The idea that he can't cope with a bit of mid-match needle is laughable. What Berdych couldn't cope with is the sustained quality of Murray's tennis. If you actually watch the match rather than relying on some dodgy Daily Mail match report, you'd see that for yourself.

Still can't decide whether these HE Murray articles are tongue-in-cheek or deadly serious. Being a charitable sort, I prefer to imagine HE tapping them out with a mischievous smile and a chuckle, but wouldn't be totally surprised if she was hammering them out with her jaw clenched in a spasm of righteous indignation. Tough one to call....

Aut0Gr4ph

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:36 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:
coolpixel wrote:Curious that the whole internet and media was on fire when Mirka Federer opened her mouth but barely a murmur when Murray's GF does so.

Well the headline says Did Kim Sears say what she "supposedly"?

I take anything the Daily Fail says with a pinch of salt.

Andy Murray defends Kim Sears for swearing outburst at Australian Open

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/jan/29/andy-murray-kim-sears-swearing-australian-open

Andy Murray defends fiancee Kim Sears over 'rant'

http://www.itv.com/news/2015-01-29/andy-murray-defends-fiancee-kim-sears-over-rant/

Kim Sears 'swearing' outburst threatens to overshadow fiance's Australian Open ...

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-vs-tomas-berdych-kim-sears-and-ester-satorova-rated-by-value-of-their-engagement-rings-in-espn-australian-open-coverage-10010738.html

Andy Murray's fiancée Kim Sears unleashes tirade at Australian Open semi-final

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2931273/It-s-Kim-Swears-Andy-Murray-s-fianc-e-unleashes-foul-mouthed-tirade-watches-battle-Australian-Open-semi-final.html

Andy Murray defends fiancée Kim Sears after foul-mouthed outburst to Tomas

http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/sport/story/395567.html

There's loads more...

But my article wasn't just about Murray's girlfriends involvement. I wanted to know who was the better player and all this rubbish has got in the way. It's like the under 12's Rolling Eyes

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:38 am

hawkeye wrote: I wanted to know who was the better player and all this rubbish has got in the way. It's like the under 12's Rolling Eyes

In that case Ill change the title to something less vaguely insulting then.

How about "Was Berdych intimidated by the occasion and his opponent?"

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:39 am

hawkeye wrote: I wanted to know who was the better player and all this rubbish has got in the way.

I will give you a clue - look at the score and stats. Besides if you really was looking to find who the better player was why would you read the British newspapers who you swear are biased anyway?
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:43 am

Right, so you wanted to know who the better player was?

Yet, you didn't watch the match and still claim in your honest opinion that the tirade affected the outcome of the match even though it was aimed at his box!

I don't know what to make of that.

So I will do both. picard Laugh

Last edited by legendkillarV2 on Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:43 am

Titles been changed. The new one reflects much better the topic the OP is looking to find out about, and it keeps it to topic much better. This should deal with the above complaint.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:45 am

To answer the question. Did Berdych even see or hear it? Did he react to it? If not I doubt he would have possibly been able to be affected by it.

The second set went because Murray upped his level and Berd went to sleep.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:52 am

temporary21 wrote:Titles been changed. The new one reflects much better the topic the OP is looking to find out about, and it keeps it to topic much better. This should deal with the above complaint.

I think you've misunderstood. Murray's fiancee's outburst was just part of the unpleasantness that took place in the first set. When I said it was like the under 12's I meant all the unpleasantness. That's the sort of argy bargy that takes place when kids play with only their family to watch. It's the argy bargy that makes it difficult to know who can hit the best forehands and backhands. It's very similar to what happened in the Murray Del Potro match. Can I change my title back as I don't want to limit discussion to Murray's girlfriends outburst?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:54 am

And articles like this resemble an under 12 mentality. OK

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:59 am

temporary21 wrote:To answer the question. Did Berdych even see or hear it? Did he react to it? If not I doubt he would have possibly been able to be affected by it.

The second set went because Murray upped his level and Berd went to sleep.

That was not my question? Please change the title back.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:00 am

Berdych was just gash hawkeye. Time to let it go and accept he will hardly ever get it together for a full tournament
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:02 am

And if JMs words are of no comfort, this song might just do it

https://youtu.be/L0MK7qz13bU

Back to top Go down

Post by R!skysports Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:07 am

hawkeye wrote:
temporary21 wrote:Titles been changed. The new one reflects much better the topic the OP is looking to find out about, and it keeps it to topic much better. This should deal with the above complaint.

I think you've misunderstood. Murray's fiancee's outburst was just part of the unpleasantness that took place in the first set. When I said it was like the under 12's I meant all the unpleasantness. That's the sort of argy bargy that takes place when kids play with only their family to watch. It's the argy bargy that makes it difficult to know who can hit the best forehands and backhands. It's very similar to what happened in the Murray Del Potro match. Can I change my title back as I don't want to limit discussion to Murray's girlfriends outburst?

Sorry, as you did not watch the game, how do you know there was unpleasantness through the first set

this really is a poor WUM - you must try harder

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:25 am

Ok, the original title gave no clue as to the topic, soo you want it to be about Berdy being distracted by the first sets conflict?

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:27 am

temporary21 wrote:Ok, the original title gave no clue as to the topic, soo you want it to be about Berdy being distracted by the first sets conflict?

Yes!

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:27 am

I dunno where HE has been, but I do know she's been watching Tennis for years and actually, when she can be bothered is quite knoledgable

It then surprises me somewhat that she doesn't realise that Murray and Berdych don't get on. I'd wager that most of their matches have had some kind of incident

I think it's because Berdych doesn't like Murray's showboating / antics (call it what you will) and makes it quite obvious or certainly more than anyone else. Murray realising this antagonism and being a contrary northern WUM, does it even more. So it becomes an early years Lendl v Connors type of situation

It usually distracts Murray as he usually gets more frustrated than he normally does, when losing to Berdych - making his antics even worse, but detrimental to him

For me. I'm not surprised that those close to Murray then get involved. It's not the first time that a quiet genteel partner has said something out of order

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:38 am

hawkeye wrote:
temporary21 wrote:Ok, the original title gave no clue as to the topic, soo you want it to be about Berdy being distracted by the first sets conflict?

Yes!

I wanted my original title back. I wanted the link with the Del Potro match and the way that del Potro brought Murray's mum into that match and Kim's swearing all involved in the title. Can I have my original title back please?

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:39 am

Well look on the bright side. Kim could get a John Smith's ad deal out of this! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:54 am

HE has asked for the original title and content to be put back on multiple occasions now.

Can the moderators please do that.

Whatever you may think of her views, she has a right to express them in her own manner as long as it is within the house rules. As far as I can see she hasn't broken any rules.

It's getting patently ridiculous that moderators feel the need to intervene in each and every thread often for spurious reasons.

I'm seriously getting sick of this crap.

Now put the original content back.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:57 am

hawkeye wrote:It's like the under 12's Rolling Eyes

A bit like the OP then.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 30, 2015 5:58 am

I've no idea what the original title and content was. I didn't see it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:00 am

I think it was 'Anti- Murray Thread No. 1001 by Hawkeye.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:00 am

Does the title really matter??

Just discuss the topic. HE said she didn't want the article to just be about the original title.

Make your mind up Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:04 am

What was the original title? Did it break forum rules?

The title doesn't matter, what matters is whether posters stay within forum rules and moderators act if they transgress, and don't if they dont.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:05 am

It didn't break forum rules.

People weighed in with their views, HE then proclaimed she didn't want the article to be about the title, so it was changed.

It's a WUM fail.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:06 am

legendkillarV2 wrote:Does the title really matter??

Just discuss the topic. HE said she didn't want the article to just be about the original title.

Make your mind up  Rolling Eyes

HE has repeatedly stated that she wants to have her original title back. She wrote it that way for a reason. You may not agree with the content but that shouldn't lead to posters' articles being changed simply because a section of the community doesn't like the content - as long as house rules aren't being broken.

It's a point of principle. What kind of forum is it where a moderator decides to arbitrarily change the content of someone's post when the post in question is not breaking any house rules?

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:09 am

I would agree here though. Change the title back.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:09 am

emancipator wrote:Whatever you may think of her views, she has a right to express them in her own manner as long as it is within the house rules. As far as I can see she hasn't broken any rules.

It's getting patently ridiculous that moderators feel the need to intervene in each and every thread often for spurious reasons.

This what the problem is. Needless mod intervention.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:11 am

If anyone can tell me what the title was I'll put it back.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:11 am

emancipator wrote:
legendkillarV2 wrote:Does the title really matter??

Make your mind up  Rolling Eyes

HE has repeatedly stated that she wants to have her original title back. She wrote it that way for a reason. You may not agree with the content but that shouldn't lead to posters' articles being changed simply because a section of the community doesn't like the content - as long as house rules aren't being broken.

It's a point of principle. What kind of forum is it where a moderator decides to arbitrarily change the content of someone's post when the post in question is not breaking any house rules?

I have no issue with the original title.

Why make a point you want other things discussed not related to the title?

It's that stupidity that annoys me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:13 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:If anyone can tell me what the title was I'll put it back.

Something about Andy's mum and GF, and an evil press conspiracy and Sauron and a hobbit.. I think Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:16 am

I don't think the mods did anything wrong. They tried classifying the title so the discussion would go in that direction.

Not their fault the OP isn't blessed with brains!

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:18 am

The original title was something ridiculous like "Murray his girlfriend and mother are all the same". I don't believe the content changed. The article is clearly just a wind up but, if it is to remain at all, it seems to me entirely sensible forum management to make the title more appropriate.

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:24 am

The title wasn't offensive, not in the slightest.

The OP says "I don't want the article to just be about Murray's girlfriend. I want to know who the better player was."

Derails her whole thread and when the mods help, they get shot down.

Blame the OP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:29 am

The whole point is that she didn't say anything rude or break any other forum rules, hence there's no need for mod intervention. In fact I'm pretty sure she wrote the title in it's original form in order to draw some parallels between what happened today and the incident in which JMDP criticized Andy and his Mum.

Hence there was some purpose/link between the title and the article.

Dislike of posters' posting content, or disagreement with it, shouldn't lead to arbitrary mod intervention.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:30 am

And then of course she repeatedly asked for the original title to be put back. That request should be respected. It's a no brainer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:33 am

Then when posters draw parallels with other players behaviours and conducts, you can't then try and cause a distraction when you realise the thread is not going in the direction they intended. Posters need to be consistent.

I am sick to death of childish articles and the moaning that follows.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next