The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters?

+12
Josiah Maiestas
horizontalhero
TRUSSMAN66
Dipper Brown
Derbymanc
John Bloody Wayne
Atila
aja424
Herman Jaeger
All Time Great
bellchees
wheelchair1991
16 posters

Go down

Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters? Empty Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters?

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 1:43 pm

Watched Jeff Lacy fight last night on ESPN he got KO'd by Sullivan Barrera, it was sad to see how shot he was as a fighter.
So my question is who is the worst example of a 'shot' fighter you have seen?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters? Empty Re: Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters?

Post by bellchees Sat 31 Jan 2015, 1:56 pm

Got to be Roy Jones Jr for the last 10 years or the De La Hoya that showed up for the Manny fight.

bellchees

Back to top Go down

Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters? Empty Re: Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters?

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 2:02 pm

ODLH is a good shout, Ali v Holmes in 1980 has to be the worst for me. But Ali still would not go down

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Sat 31 Jan 2015, 3:02 pm

I don't think ODLH was shot, more just severely weight drained in the manny fight.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sat 31 Jan 2015, 3:13 pm

Mike Alvarado the other night.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 3:50 pm

Hatton against Shenchenco.
Tyson against Lewis, McBride, Williams.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 31 Jan 2015, 4:30 pm

aja424 wrote:Hatton against Shenchenco.
Wasn't Hatton winning the fight on the scorecards?

Last edited by Atila on Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 31 Jan 2015, 5:19 pm

Mosely recently has zero snap in his shots. Sad watching an oaf like Mundine get a stoppage over him. Joshua Clottey certainly seemed aggrieved.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:22 pm

Does watching a fighter you used to love change how you felt after you've watched them when they were shot?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 31 Jan 2015, 6:30 pm

Never exactly a great but after the scarring on the brain episode, seeing Katsidis get KOed heavily wasn't nice.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:15 pm

It does not change how i feel about them but other people may have a different stance

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 31 Jan 2015, 7:45 pm

Edwin Rosario carried on for years after Chavez stripped him of his talent...

Shame we like to think of fighters we respect keeping their money and enjoying their families...

However as Holy has showed you always think you've got more than you have and hangers on are always there to reassure you..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 31 Jan 2015, 11:05 pm

Jermaine Taylor , Riddick Bowe, Ali, Frazier, Tyson , Louis , Leon Spinks and on and on and on and on. The truth is thiat this could be an almost endless list, with some truly heartbreaking stories behind it. I really believe that to know boxing is to hate it as much as you love it- what is does to some of it's most gifted practioners is just dreadful.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:07 pm

Macarinelli is up there, he was never world class though. Danny Williams after the Tyson KO Erm
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 01 Feb 2015, 12:49 pm

Watch Mugabi hagler.
If you want to see a shark feeding at a recently harpooned whale, watch Mugabi Norris
If you have the stomach to watch a shark feeding at a half eaten, rotting whale carcass, watch Mugabi McClellan

Alternatively, watch curry honeyghan and then honeyghan breland, for a similar experience.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 01 Feb 2015, 7:33 pm

Sad interview with Danny Williams: http://www.boxingnewsonline.net/exclusive-mike-tyson-conqueror-danny-williams-admits-hes-embarrassing-himself-by-continuing-to-fight/

Basically he knows he's embarrassing himself but getting paid so someone else can say they beat the guy who beat Tyson is keeping his daughters privately educated.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 9:34 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Edwin Rosario carried on for years after Chavez stripped him of his talent...

Shame we like to think of fighters we respect keeping their money and enjoying their families...

However as Holy has showed you always think you've got more than you have and hangers on are always there to reassure you..

The 'hangers' that messed Holy up were the ones swinging between his legs. If he hadn't knocked up so many tarts, maybe worn a condom now and again, he'd be in rude financial health by now.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 02 Feb 2015, 10:54 am

Yes evander's woes were arguably more dangler related than hanger related. He certainly knew how to put the lay into lay preaching. The gambling habit didn't help, and in retrospect he may think the 100 plus bedrooms in his country estate were a little excessive.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:24 am

Always reminded me of a Chris Rock joke, how black were often rich but never wealthy. Saying that when black folk got rich they went out and bought the biggest house, biggest chain, biggest rims etc whereas white people get rich and build a property & shares portfolio - hence become wealthy.

Gross over-simplification of course, but he did seem to think there was an element of truth in it.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 11:28 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Gross over-simplification of course, but he did seem to think there was an element of truth in it.....

Well If Chris Rock thinks it.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:09 pm

He's as well placed as anyone (certainly more so than you or I) to make such social commentary/observation.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:12 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:He's as well placed as anyone (certainly more so than you or I) to make such social commentary/observation.....

Like I said If Chris Rock thinks.........

I think most white Republicans are stupid, sadistic morons who are only interested in low taxes and don't give a crap about the majority of Americans..

I'm better placed than you...To say that..

So it must be true........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:14 pm

Doesn't make it true, but makes your opinion more valid and less specualtive than mine would be on the same topic.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:19 pm

Jeff Lacy and the worst shot fighters? 1347041234

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:23 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Doesn't make it true, but makes your opinion more valid and less specualtive than mine would be on the same topic.

Like saying because Vito had Hagler winning the Leonard fight his opinion is better than mine because he's been in a ring professionally......

LBJ thought all Vietnamese people were rabble..........He's had more experience with the Vietnamese than I have...Make him right does it ??

If an opinion is bollox it doesn't matter how much experience one has !!

So there !!!!!!!!!!! Cool Cool

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:23 pm

Quite fitting that a thread about shot entertainers has Chris Rock's name pop up. Hasn't been funny for nearly twenty years
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:25 pm

kingraf wrote:Quite fitting that a thread about shot entertainers has Chris Rock's name pop up. Hasn't been funny for nearly twenty years

In fairness he's been too busy meeting the 77.4 million Black Americans in the USA !!!..Most of whom are crap with money apparently !! thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:29 pm

Rock paints with a broad brush for comic effect. He tries not to worry too much about the opinions of overweight white Americans who haven't lived there for 20+ years but still fell the need to get offended by a comedy routine.

"Dey spinnin' n***a...dey spinnin'" Hilarious!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:35 pm

In fairness, he isn't the only black American entertainer to have said it. Kanye West probably said it better.

" I'm talking George Tenet, I seen him the other
day
Heasked me about my Maybach, think he had
the same
Except mine tinted and his might have been
rented
You know white people get money, don't spend it
Or maybe they get money, buy a business
I rather buy 80 gold chains and go ig'nant
I know Spike Lee gon' kill me but let me finish
Blame it on the pigment, we living no limits"

Don't know any black Americans (know a black Canadian though...), so I have no idea if it's true, but it's no surprise when people from areas where wealth isn't common, and maybe dependents run a mile long list, decide to
- show they do in fact have cash
- give stack loads away to friends and families. Certainly happens here a lot. Poor Baby Jake made more than enough money to live comfortably in South Africa, and died living off church donations.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:39 pm

kingraf wrote:In fairness, he isn't the only black American entertainer to have said it. Kanye West probably said it better.

" I'm talking George Tenet, I seen him the other
day
Heasked me about my Maybach, think he had
the same
Except mine tinted and his might have been
rented
You know white people get money, don't spend it
Or maybe they get money, buy a business
I rather buy 80 gold chains and go ig'nant
I know Spike Lee gon' kill me but let me finish
Blame it on the pigment, we living no limits"

Don't know any black Americans (know a black Canadian though...), so I have no idea if it's true, but it's no surprise when people from areas where wealth isn't common, and maybe dependents run a mile long list, decide to
- show they do in fact have cash
- give stack loads away to friends and families. Certainly happens here a lot. Poor Baby Jake made more than enough money to live comfortably in South Africa, and died living off church donations.

Both are well known for their intellectual prowess..

Just don't like negative racial stereotyping............

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:40 pm

Tophat is a racist and a c*nt and also a racist c*nt but he is generally right same with asians. It's probably right with white people in some cases also as evidenced by the chaos after the banks started lending to anyone even though some couldn't ever afford to repay. generally only three types of people prosper. 1. Stingy people 2. People who already were wealthy or from a wealthy family or 3. People who grafted all the way to the top and know the value of their hard work so won't squander it.

I think where tophat is wrong is in not putting the qualification "sudden wealth" Rather than just being rich.. sudden wealth ruins alot of people and is probably the sort that he is talking about.

Fat c*nt

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:51 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Always reminded me of a Chris Rock joke, how black were often rich but never wealthy.  Saying that when black folk got rich they went out and bought the biggest house, biggest chain, biggest rims etc..

It's not quantifiable...........

There are 77.4 million blacks in America....Chris Rock knows a couple of hundred...........

So you're wrong too Shah baby....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

I'd have said pretty much what Shah said whilst maintaining an air of eloquence he can only dream of...but I'd definitely have kept in all the comments about Toppy being a fat c*nt...and a racist to boot.

However, Chris Rock is also very vocal about the kind of black people whose actions do nothing but diminish the good work of others. ("N***a, I got two jobs and you can't get ONE?!?!?!") Dave Spikey did similar kind of skit on one of his DVD's when he talked about "dobbers"....is he also a racist?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:56 pm

And yet, for six years you've shown no qualms speaking for 300 million Americans
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 12:58 pm

Chris Rock also said that if Bill gates woke up to find he was worth as much of Oprah Winfrey he'd jump out the window and cut his throat on the way down.

He also said "Shaq is rich....the guy who signs his pay cheque is wealthy!"

"Rich you can lose in a weekend with a few friends and bad coke habit, wealthy is families who own stuff like the colour blue!"

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:Always reminded me of a Chris Rock joke, how black were often rich but never wealthy.  Saying that when black folk got rich they went out and bought the biggest house, biggest chain, biggest rims etc..

It's not quantifiable...........

There are 77.4 million blacks in America....Chris Rock knows a couple of hundred...........

So you're wrong too Shah baby....

It is quantifiable ...there aren't 77.4million blacks who suddenly became very very rich. They probably number in the thousands and most of them sportsmen/musicians/co medians and drug dealers. There are people outside of this category who have enriched themselves by conventional means and have stayed rich. However those within the various entertainment industries seek each other out as a boost to their own image so I imagine he's pretty decently placed to judge.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:00 pm

kingraf wrote:And yet, for six years you've shown no qualms speaking for 300 million Americans

Have I ??.......If you say so....

Chris Rock is well known for slamming Obama....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
kingraf wrote:And yet, for six years you've shown no qualms speaking for 300 million Americans

Have I ??.......If you say so....

Chris Rock is well known for slamming Obama....

Barry was always going to take it up the arse because of the way he swept in like he was the Messiah. It was always going to be a let down no matter how good he didi

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

Like the Littlest Hobo............

I think I'll move on to the next thread........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:14 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Like the Littlest Hobo............

I think I'll move on to the next thread........

That's right TRUSSY, quit while you're behind....anyway STRINGY will be on soon so you'll have something to look forward to.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

I thought Obama was reasonable. Didn't shut down Guantanamo, or completely withdraw from the middle East, or do much for international relations... But the States economy is growing at a good clip, the dollar is strong, employment is up, and he destroyed dependency on foreign oil. Also like all good Democrats, he wants to bump taxes on the rich.

He also did not have sexual relations with any office worker.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:20 pm

He has done a fair job better than most but compared to the revolutionary feeling he brought to the country pretty good just wont cut it

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:24 pm

Obama should learn from South Africa.....

A model of fairness and democracy..

You amuse me..............Have to read constantly you criticising America over it's police force being racist and "America this and that" when you come from South Africa !!...

it's a bit like Jack the Ripper accusing somebody who's just had a row with his Wife of not treating Women properly....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:31 pm

Meaning what exactly you sanctimonious Tinkywinky?
Isn't there an eight year old black kid your force needs to mow down somewhere?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Obama should learn from South Africa.....

A model of fairness and democracy..

You amuse me..............Have to read constantly you criticising America over it's police force being racist and "America this and that" when you come from South Africa !!...

it's a bit like Jack the Ripper accusing somebody who's just had a row with his Wife of not  treating Women properly....

America is different to most countries because it's actions impact on the world. South Africa's influence is comparatively limited. Also he is a journalist or aspiring to be one so I imagine his work probably brings such across to him. But your bitterness and spite anytime anyone dares criticise anything in America is childish.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 1:39 pm

Saw Bob Fitzsimmons take a dreadful hiding off someone in Australia on youtube......When past his best...

Frightening knockout...........Another one who didn't see the light......

JCC losing to the great Grover Wiley is another sad chapter..........

Boxing history is full of these stories....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:01 pm

More than that Shah - America isn't even in the same league as us really. Assassinations
, assisting Illegitimate regimes, capturing freedom fighters. With the possible exception of Belgium, no country has actively done more to maintain a destabilised continuum in Africa than the states.

The Jack the Ripper comparison is quite accurate. We've got in house issues which need to be dealt with. You've basically tried to rap.e every country on the continent.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:02 pm

kingraf wrote:Meaning what exactly you sanctimonious Tinkywinky?  
When you say "your" force, do you mean the local Didsbury constabulary?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 02 Feb 2015, 2:04 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
kingraf wrote:Meaning what exactly you sanctimonious Tinkywinky?  
When you say "your" force, do you mean the local Didsbury constabulary?

He spelt.... sanctimonious...... right !!..Would have bet a few bucks against that !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down