The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

+37
doctornickolas
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
Blueschief
LordDowlais
TBJ9625
munkian
Don Blues
Stone Motif
PhilBB
Fanster
Chunky Norwich
PenfroPete
Welshmushroom
dragon4life
tatterd
XR
Jhamer25
formerly known as Sam
Welly
RDW
Notch
VinceWLB
Comfort
SecretFly
George Carlin
Liam
wayne
Luckless Pedestrian
glamorganalun
Steffan
rumpelstiltskindoh
ScarletSpiderman
LondonTiger
The Saint
Hound of Harrow
wales606
41 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 3 Empty Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by wales606 Sun 01 Feb 2015, 5:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Prop
Gethin Jenkins, Taufa'ao Filise, Craig Mitchell, Sam Hobbs, Scott Andrews, Thomas Davies, Dillon Lewis

Hooker
Matthew Rees, Kristian Dacey, Rhys Williams, Ethan Lewis

2nd Row
Jarrad Hoeata, James Down, Lou Reed, Chris Dicomidis, Miles Normandale

Flanker
Sam Warburton, Josh Turnbull, Macauley Cook, Ellis Jenkins, Josh Navidi, Jevon Groves, Ben Roach

Eight
Manoa Vosawai

Scrum half
Tavis Knoyle, Lloyd Williams, Lewis Jones, Tomos Williams

Fly half
Rhys Patchell, Gareth Anscombe, Gareth Davies, Jarrod Evans, Will Thomas

Centre
Cory Allen, Gavin Evans, Richard Smith, Tom Pascoe, Adam Thomas, Garyn Smith, Ray Lee-Lo

Wing
Alex Cuthbert, Harry Davies, Owen Jenkins, Chris Knight, Tom Williams, Tom James

Full back
Blaine Scully, Dan Fish, Geraint Walsh, Aled Summerhill

Last edited by wales606 on Mon 07 Sep 2015, 10:16 pm; edited 6 times in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Feb 2015, 6:52 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/31583516

Confirmation at last I guess.

Ooops scrap that, yet another 'BBC believes it will soon be official' story tut tut tut

The article from the link has been updated now. "personal reasons" only it is then.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach - Page 3 Empty Re: Cardiff Blues Season Thread 3 - Danny Wilson Appointed Head Coach

Post by Coleman Wed 25 Feb 2015, 8:38 pm

Same as last year. Beeb have said Chief and John are incharge until seasons end. Groundhog Day!

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Feb 2015, 9:00 pm

Coleman wrote:Same as last year. Beeb have said Chief and John are incharge until seasons end. Groundhog Day!

The same, but a bit different this time around, I suspect.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 25 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm

Fair play though they had good end of season run in but hope it not start til after the quarter final game .
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 25 Feb 2015, 10:36 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Fair play though they had good end of season run in but hope it not start til after the quarter final game .

Hooroo!
Lost to the Terks, last game of the season mind ewe. Great scheduling again.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 26 Feb 2015, 4:40 pm

You guys have a winger coming your way end of season.

Not going into further detail ATM though Wink

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 5:36 pm

Welly wrote:You guys have a winger coming your way end of season.

That would probably mean that Amorisino is on his way Sad
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 26 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm

Talk down in Terk-town (just for you Dai) Jo Snyman is heading your way. He's tweeted that Wales is his home, and also that he is a Scarlet this season and will keep giving it his all. Apparently his misses wants to live in Cardiff....
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 26 Feb 2015, 6:17 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Talk down in Terk-town (just for you Dai) Jo Snyman is heading your way.  He's tweeted that Wales is his home, and also that he is a Scarlet this season and will keep giving it his all.  Apparently his misses wants to live in Cardiff....

He'd be a good signing, we need a better second row
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 26 Feb 2015, 6:27 pm

To be honest I'd rather lose any of our other locks than him. A real grafter who would add a bit of hard edge to your pack.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Feb 2015, 7:49 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Talk down in Terk-town (just for you Dai) Jo Snyman is heading your way.  He's tweeted that Wales is his home, and also that he is a Scarlet this season and will keep giving it his all.  Apparently his misses wants to live in Cardiff....

She's mad. The Vale is miles better.
Is "Terk-town" a Llanelli version of Twin Town btw? I'd love to see it if it is.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Feb 2015, 8:14 pm

Couldn't he commute?! Not a huge drive from Cardiff to Llanelli. Headscratch

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Thu 26 Feb 2015, 8:17 pm

Dai, that would be one hell of a film I reckon.

Griff, to be honest that's what I thought too. But there definitely seems to be something in it to get the locals worried
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm

Griff wrote:

Couldn't he commute?! Not a huge drive from Cardiff to Llanelli. Headscratch

Bet he wants to live in Cardiff (or the posh Vale) too, but isn't saying.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 26 Feb 2015, 8:32 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Dai, that would be one hell of a film I reckon.

I suggest extra Scalextric too. Would be marvelous.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Feb 2015, 9:32 pm

wales606 wrote:

It's Tom James isn't it? We already knew that. Where's he been for Exeter lately? He seemed to start off well with them.

606, given this season's turn of events I think it's obvious you'll be losing both Argentinians.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 26 Feb 2015, 9:36 pm

wales606 wrote:

He'd be a good signing, we need a better second row

Good signing. Hoeata and the Samoan have been extremely disappointing. I'd probably offload them. Dicomidis and Reed have played much better this season from what I've seen.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 27 Feb 2015, 10:26 am

Snyman's three-year deal with the West Wales region ends at the end of the campaign, with the former Eastern Province Kings player this week raising question marks over his future with a post on his Twitter account.

He said: "A few rumours and speculations about my future! I appreciate all the interest from Scarlets fans. All I can say is I'm at the Scarlets for the rest of this season and will continue to give my best in every game."

When asked about the 28-year-old's future in West Wales, Pivac said: "We are sort of smack bang in the middle of finalising our squad and Joe is one of those players who is in the middle of that.

"We hope to have everything sorted in terms of the finalised squad realistically within the next month. It is an ongoing process, but I would like to think by the end of March we will be pretty much cemented in what we are doing."

Read more at http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/Lock-Joe-Snyman-players-Scarlets-contract-talks/story-26091257-detail/story.html#MQwJIsUOIsmWzX62.99

Last edited by ScarletSpiderman on Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 27 Feb 2015, 10:37 am

The Saint wrote:
wales606 wrote:

It's Tom James isn't it? We already knew that. Where's he been for Exeter lately? He seemed to start off well with them.

606, given this season's turn of events I think it's obvious you'll be losing both Argentinians.

Nope not Tom James. Well he might be coming but that isn't the player I am on about.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 27 Feb 2015, 10:58 am

Could Snyman be wrangling for a bit more money? We really need to replace Filo, and Hoeata needs to pull his bloody thumb out. He had better be a new player next year. Interested who this winger is. Does anyone have a list of the players who are out of contract this season for the Blues?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:12 pm

Welly, please tell me that the winger heading to the Blues is an ex-Blues winger, and has welsh caps, and is about 2ft tall.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 27 Feb 2015, 12:23 pm

The winger is currently in the AP,. Not Welsh or Welsh qualified.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sun 01 Mar 2015, 11:15 am

Since someone already let the cat out of the bag on the terrace yesterday I might as well say it.

Scully ----> Cardiff

Let me say this for me Scully would be first choice starter at Leicester, I don't know what you kicker is like with cross field kicks but Scully is great at them.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Mar 2015, 12:12 pm

I rate Scully, and we do need some more outside backs who can bring good attitude and work rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 02 Mar 2015, 5:32 pm

I'd take Scully over James. Over Amorsino as well. He's a quality player.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 03 Mar 2015, 9:17 am

I like what i've seen of Scully. Be nice to have him and keep one of the Argies. I cannot remember which one wasnt offered a S15 contract. 

Possible backline of:
10. Anscombe/Patchell
11. James
12. Lee-Lo/Roberts*
13. Allen
14. Cuthbert/Scully*
15. Patchell

I think we still need a fullback. I cannot see Fish still being here next season. Not sure what we have coming up from the academy.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

Scully can play full back as well.

Pretty good at it.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 03 Mar 2015, 1:16 pm

Coleman wrote:I like what i've seen of Scully. Be nice to have him and keep one of the Argies. I cannot remember which one wasnt offered a S15 contract. 

Possible backline of:
10. Anscombe/Patchell
11. James
12. Lee-Lo/Roberts*
13. Allen
14. Cuthbert/Scully*
15. Patchell

I think we still need a fullback. I cannot see Fish still being here next season. Not sure what we have coming up from the academy.

Both Argies were offered super rugby contract Sad
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 03 Mar 2015, 2:04 pm

Scully doesn't miss tackles, is like a Gaelic Footballer under the high ball and was quick enough to play international sevens. He's a fan favourite at WR and he will be at Cardiff by the end of next season.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Tue 03 Mar 2015, 4:28 pm

I didn't realise both were. I guess we had better consider them gone already in the nicest possible way. We need to sure up our backs. Strange that we havnt been rumoured with Rhys Gill this season. Our backrow is looking good. Bit more depth at loosehead and second row and then we might be able to beat Treviso next year.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 03 Mar 2015, 6:16 pm

I've just one question; why is Scully leaving a good outfit for a sinking ship? I know he's a good player, but you also say he is a fan favourite up in Welford Road, which just seems to make this an even stranger move for the bloke.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 03 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm

Money I would think is a factor. Scully came on trial as a nobody outside of the USA. He was a cheap squad player who has shown he's an AP class winger.

Tigers are overhauling the squad and cap space is being squeezed with us having to replace two international locks and sure up the back row. As well as seek a Tait replacement. Add into it that Scully will be away and miss preseason as he'll be at the RWC. Still annoyed we didn't sort him a deal out.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 03 Mar 2015, 7:07 pm

The Saint wrote:I've just one question; why is Scully leaving a good outfit for a sinking ship? I know he's a good player, but you also say he is a fan favourite up in Welford Road, which just seems to make this an even stranger move for the bloke.

Maybe offered more.

Also wondering if the fact he can play USA games outside the international window might be a factor. Suspect blues would be more willing to allow him to go to the U.S. More often.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 03 Mar 2015, 7:44 pm

The Saint wrote:I've just one question; why is Scully leaving a good outfit for a sinking ship? I know he's a good player, but you also say he is a fan favourite up in Welford Road, which just seems to make this an even stranger move for the bloke.

Ouch!
Sleeping giants we are mun. Ewe'll see when we wake up. Having a lie in at the moment.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 03 Mar 2015, 8:05 pm

Tigers haven't stopped him playing. He was released for the NZ game for instance. Tigers do have a habit of playing hard ball with internationals salaries.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ouch!
Sleeping giants we are mun. Ewe'll see when we wake up. Having a lie in at the moment.

Soz. You've been sinking for quite some time now - evident by comments from Lualala, Copeland and not to mention some disastrous results. It's sad to see as there is a lot of potential in the team. I'm still scratching my head over why Hammett was pushed out though, he was ideal for the role.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:10 pm

Hopefully Cardiff will continue to be rubbish along with the rest of the "regions"

OLE

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 03 Mar 2015, 10:11 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:Tigers haven't stopped him playing. He was released for the NZ game for instance. Tigers do have a habit of playing hard ball with internationals salaries.

Well actually the premiership were originally going to not allow the USA players to play in that game. But in the end allowed it because USA rugby made a compromise that none of the premiership players who played in that game could play in the rest of the AI games.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 04 Mar 2015, 6:38 pm

The Saint wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ouch!

Soz. You've been sinking for quite some time now - evident by comments from Lualala, Copeland and not to mention some disastrous results. It's sad to see as there is a lot of potential in the team. I'm still scratching my head over why Hammett was pushed out though, he was ideal for the role.

Yeah you're right. The potential is defo there however to do a lot better. Up to those in charge to sort it I guess.
Keep scratching your head over Hammett. I'm not, considering what I was told.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 6:44 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ouch!

Yeah you're right. The potential is defo there however to do a lot better. Up to those in charge to sort it I guess.

Ooh. You tease!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 04 Mar 2015, 6:46 pm

Steffan wrote:Hopefully Cardiff will continue to be rubbish along with the rest of the "regions"

OLE

Get in there Steff.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 04 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

Steffan wrote:Hopefully Cardiff will continue to be rubbish along with the rest of the "regions"

OLE

Yeah because the old clubs had so much more success and really tore rest of Europe apart.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:04 pm

Griff wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Ouch!

Ooh. You tease!

I am aren't I? Still can't say for certain though whether he walked for defo or was nudged.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:10 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:

OLE

Yeah because the old clubs had so much more success and really tore rest of Europe apart.

Cardiff 18-21 Toulouse (95/96 Heineken Cup Final)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOQ_-UeUBKI

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:12 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

OLE

Such a great record since then I admit Wink
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:18 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

OLE

Note the Bloos logo at the beginning and end of the clip.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:36 pm

Blues have lost Jamie Ringer's lad from their Under 18s to Toulon's academy.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:40 pm

Really not sure how i feel about the French clubs poaching players who are still in academy set ups. They've been doing it with SA and Islander players and i guess it's our time now. I've not heard a lot about him but for Toulon to take a punt on him you'd assume he was a fair player.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:

OLE

Note the Bloos logo at the beginning and end of the clip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/european/3619903.stm

Stade Francais 49-3 Llanelli
Neath 33-51 Perpignan
Munster 34-10 Neath
Perpignan 60-24 Neath
Toulouse 108-16 Ebbw Vale
Edinburgh 41-17 Ebbw Vale
Ebbw Vale 28-61 Ulster
Ulster 43-18 Ebbw Vale
Benetton Treviso 33-19 Pontypridd
Stade Francais 71-14 Pontypridd

There some 70 pointers put on Newport and Cardiff by Toulouse and Leinster too, which I can't seem to find. Next time you lot cry for the old days to come back, engage your brain, because then you'll think otherwise.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 04 Mar 2015, 8:55 pm

His comments were a bit worrying mind, something about not planning on returning home until in his mid twenties, and how his opportunities are limited in Wales.

Gats should slap him on the bench in the December game (I assume we will have a post rwc game we usually do) to ensure the French can't have him.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next