The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February

+101
profitius
BlueNote
Bored..
malky1963
gavstar
thomh
mystiroakey
The Great Aukster
welshy824 (new)
The Bachelor
TheRugbyMaster
Gwlad
monty junior
Crimey
I'm Optimist
Rory_Gallagher
whocares
B91212
Majestic83
HammerofThunor
Biltong
killer938
nobbled
Hammersmith harrier
Notch
LeinsterFan4life
Nachos Jones
TightHEAD
asoreleftshoulder
MarcusHalberstram
Heaf
LuvSports!
justified sinner
nathan
teh_Dingmeister
Cowshot
RDSguru
Shifty
glamorganalun
takethelongroad
wrfc1980
overlordofthewest
irnbrew
chris_501
JonnyEdinburgh
JDizzle
IrnBroon
beshocked
Anglobraveheart
GavinDragon
Comfort
luvtotup
XR
tigertattie
Prothero
offload
BamBam
GLove39
alive555
BigGee
Jhamer25
SecretFly
cakeordeath
CurlyOsp
R!skysports
highland_scot
Duty281
maestegmafia
reallybored
Liam
EST
TheMildlyFranticLlama
VinceWLB
Nematode
MacKnocked-on
Tattie Scones RRN
Weegie Wizard
IanBru
EWT Spoons
jimbopip
sensisball
Seagultaf
Jimpy
No 7&1/2
lostinwales
RuggerRadge2611
LondonTiger
funnyExiledScot
The Saint
englandglory4ever
demosthenes
bsando
Exiledinborders
TJ
rumpelstiltskindoh
BigTrevsbigmac
RDW
majesticimperialman
bedfordwelsh
George Carlin
105 posters

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19

Go down

6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Empty 6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February

Post by George Carlin Sun 08 Feb 2015, 7:08 am

First topic message reminder :

6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Scotla11       6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Wales_10
SCOTLAND v WALES
Sunday 15 February 2015
KO 15:00 (GMT)
BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh

Live on BBC1

Referee: Glen Jackson (NZR)
AR1: George Clancy (IRFU)
AR2: Dudley Phillips (IRFU)
TMO: Simon McDowell (IRFU)

A. Teams:

1. SCOTLAND
6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Kareng10
15 Stuart Hogg (Glasgow Warriors);
14 Sean Lamont (Glasgow Warriors);
13 Mark Bennett (Glasgow Warriors);
12 Alex Dunbar (Glasgow Warriors);
11 Tim Visser (Edinburgh Rugby);
10 Finn Russell (Glasgow Warriors);
9 Greig Laidlaw CAPTAIN (Gloucester);

1 Alasdair Dickinson (Edinburgh Rugby);
2 Ross Ford (Edinburgh Rugby);
3 Geoff Cross (London Irish);
4 Richie Gray (Castres);
5 Jonny Gray (Glasgow Warriors);
6 Rob Harley (Glasgow Warriors),
7 Blair Cowan (London Irish);
8 Johnnie Beattie (Castres);

16 Fraser Brown (Glasgow Warriors);
17 Gordon Reid (Glasgow Warriors);
18 Jon Welsh (Glasgow Warriors);
19 Jim Hamilton (Saracens);
20 Alasdair Strokosch (USA Perpignan);
21 Sam Hidalgo-Clyne (Edinburgh Rugby);
22 Greig Tonks (Edinburgh Rugby);
23 Matt Scott (Edinburgh Rugby);

2. WALES
6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Erinri10
15 Leigh Halfpenny (Toulon)
14 Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues)
13 Jonathan Davies (ASM Clermont Auvergne)
12 Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro)
11 Liam Williams (Scarlets)
10 Dan Biggar (Ospreys)
09 Rhys Webb (Ospreys)

01 Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues)
02 Richard Hibbard (Gloucester)
03 Aaron Jarvis (Ospreys)
04 Jake Ball (Scarlets)
05 Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys)
06 Dan Lydiate (Ospreys)
07 Sam Warburton (Cardiff Blues, CAPT)
08 Taulupe Faletau (Newport Gwent Dragons)

16 Scott Baldwin (Ospreys)
17 Paul James (Bath Rugby)
18 Scott Andrews (Cardiff Blues)
19 Luke Charteris (Racing Metro)
20 Justin Tipuric (Ospreys)
21 Mike Phillips (Racing Metro)
22 Rhys Priestland (Scarlets)
23 Scott Williams (Scarlets)

B. Form (last 4 games):

1. SCOTLAND

07/02/15 - France 15 - 8 Scotland

22/11/14 - Scotland 37 - 12 Tonga

15/11/14 - Scotland 16 - 24 New Zealand

08/11/14 - Scotland 41 - 31 Argentina

2. WALES

06/02/15 - Wales 16 - 21 England

29/11/14 - Wales 12 - 6 South Africa

22/11/14 - Wales 16 - 34 New Zealand

15/11/14  - Wales 17 - 13 Fiji

C. Head to Head:

120 Played 120

48 Wins 69

69 Losses 48

3 Draws 3

180 Tries 227

80 Conversions 112

130 Penalties 142

30 Drop Goals 25

1,204 Points 1,578

Last edited by George Carlin on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 7:16 am; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Empty Re: 6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February

Post by BlueNote Tue 17 Feb 2015, 1:50 pm

Interesting - consensus on Scrum V (Rob Jones, Phil Bennett, Gareth Llewellyn) that Rhys Webb should have been yellow-carded and there should have been a kick-off at the end.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February - Page 19 Empty Re: 6N Round 2: Scotland v Wales, 15 February

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 17 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm

To be fair to Jackson, he did blow for time out and also checked with the official timekeeper before allowing the kick-off. That was the right thing to do. The problem was the official timekeeper, George "Clownshoes" Clancy, who is completely and utterly useless.

I think Al "leadership" Kellock once said something mean to Clownshoes a few seasons back. Probably some sort of accurate assessment of how good he is at his job. The response has been a litany of remarkably useless decisions against Glasgow and now Scotland. He's reffing the Glasgow vs Ulster game this coming weekend. He'll be more valuable to Ulster than a world class pack!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by A Simply Mesmeric Try Tue 17 Feb 2015, 2:37 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:To be fair to Jackson, he did blow for time out and also checked with the official timekeeper before allowing the kick-off. That was the right thing to do. The problem was the official timekeeper, George "Clownshoes" Clancy, who is completely and utterly useless.

I think Al "leadership" Kellock once said something mean to Clownshoes a few seasons back. Probably some sort of accurate assessment of how good he is at his job. The response has been a litany of remarkably useless decisions against Glasgow and now Scotland. He's reffing the Glasgow vs Ulster game this coming weekend. He'll be more valuable to Ulster than a world class pack!

Agreed, Jackson had less of a shocker than some people have been saying, the bad decisions came from all the reffing team and not one man.

Clancy as time keeper... If someone had been asked to predict what would happen if Clownshoes was time keeper in a test match, they'd proably describe the last 3 minutes of the scotland wales match.  furious

HTF is he on the IRB elite ref panel? Pick the odd one out.
Wayne Barnes (England)
George Clancy (Ireland)
Jérôme Garcès (France)
Craig Joubert (South Africa)
Mark Lawrence (South Africa)
Nigel Owens (Wales)
Romain Poite (France)
Chris Pollock (New Zealand)
Steve Walsh (Australia)
Doh
Has Allain Rolland retired?
A Simply Mesmeric Try
A Simply Mesmeric Try

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 17 Feb 2015, 4:34 pm

Now that the dust is beginning to settle, just beginning mind. I must take the time to point out something which mustn't be lost in all the controversy.
On Sunday I took young Pipetto to his first ever match. He thought the Welsh singing was "awesome" during the anthems, and "Flower of Scotland" blew him away. He was amazed and impressed by the friendliness and camaraderie between the fans. The game itself he thought was thrilling right up to the last minute. I think I can safely say he is more in love with this game than he was this time last week.
In the hurly burly of opinions and allegations which are being batted about let's not lose sight of the fact that what brings us together on 6 Nations weekends is much more important than incidental details like Glenda Jackson, Clownshoes Clancy, mid -air collisions or even the scoreline.
So, let's keep it in perspective. Thanks to everyone who was there and contributed to a great day and we'll shoot Clownshoes and Jackson at the first available opportunity. Hug

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 17 Feb 2015, 4:47 pm

jimbopip wrote:Now that the dust is beginning to settle, just beginning mind. I must take the time to point out something which mustn't be lost in all the controversy.
On Sunday I took young Pipetto to his first ever match. He thought the Welsh singing was "awesome" during the anthems, and "Flower of Scotland" blew him away. He was amazed and impressed by the friendliness and camaraderie between the fans. The game itself he thought was thrilling right up to the last minute. I think I can safely say he is more in love with this game than he was this time last week.
In the hurly burly of opinions and allegations which are being batted about let's not lose sight of the fact that what brings us together on 6 Nations weekends is much more important than incidental details like Glenda Jackson, Clownshoes Clancy, mid -air collisions or even the scoreline.
So, let's keep it in perspective. Thanks to everyone who was there and contributed to a great day and we'll shoot Clownshoes and Jackson at the first available opportunity. Hug

I thought Glasgow was more a "glassing" sort of town.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm

Anscombe, Andrews, Davies and Evans have been released back to the Regions this weekend but no mention yet if any of the Os or Dragons have been released back.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:13 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Anscombe, Andrews, Davies and Evans have been released back to the Regions this weekend but no mention yet if any of the Os or Dragons have been released back.
BW, Jarvis, Baldwin, King and Tipuric have gone back to the Os, it is in the Fail.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 17 Feb 2015, 10:20 pm

Ah ok didnt see that on the beeb web page, surprised Jarvis, Baldwin and Tipuric been released.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by EWT Spoons Wed 18 Feb 2015, 7:59 am

jimbopip wrote:Now that the dust is beginning to settle, just beginning mind. I must take the time to point out something which mustn't be lost in all the controversy.

clap well said

EWT Spoons

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 19 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 17, 18, 19