The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a JOKE...

+11
Cardiff Dave
Gwlad
LondonTiger
SecretFly
hugehandoff
TJ
lostinwales
Tattie Scones RRN
Biltong
BamBam
No9
15 posters

Go down

What a JOKE...  Empty What a JOKE...

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:31 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t57594-please-read-6-nations-threads-on-v2-forum

Good god there's been no end of baiting going on here, even though a clear warning was issued (as link above)... but is anything done.. NO. Well you cant really expect any action to be taken when MODS add their posts to WUMs can you...

I don't expect this post to last long, or even my account, as the past shows the MODS (not all) take a dim view to anyone showing them up in their true colours.

So I predict one of two things... either.

1) The MODS will wake up to this and lock the WUM posts on this site furious

or

2) I get a ban and this post gets removed... but hopefully not before enough has seen it. censored

Either way, I don't expect to be posting on this site for much longer... So, incase I don't have chance to say good-bye.. I have in advance.

Rolling Eyes Ale

No9

Back to top Go down

What a JOKE...  Empty Re: What a JOKE...

Post by BamBam Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:33 pm

I think everyone's been quite well behaved, well on the threads I've been on anyway!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:39 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t57648-australia-england-wales-one-will-not-go-through

https://www.606v2.com/t57638-normal-service-has-resumed-england-back-to-3rd-place-in-world-rugby

Eh... The top two posts after your reply... You telling me these aren't WUMs.. Why would you discuss the RWC NOW, after 1 6 Nations round. Especially if you where English. Now it said ENGLAND will now progress or WALES will not, etc.. fine, but its written in a pseudo careing type of way.. An obvious WUM to get arguments...

Same for the second.. England BACK where they belong.. Again, the only intention to create discord... Well its definitely put some posters back where they belong...

And that's just two, without the made up Welsh posters calling for the coach to be sacked.

I expected WUMs, and I can take those. But these sly hits are pathetic, and just show the mods aren't prepared to carry out their threats.. well against some.. I expect I'll be victimised for my comments.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:40 pm

No9 wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t57594-please-read-6-nations-threads-on-v2-forum

Good god there's been no end of baiting going on here, even though a clear warning was issued (as link above)... but is anything done.. NO. Well you cant really expect any action to be taken when MODS add their posts to WUMs can you...

I don't expect this post to last long, or even my account, as the past shows the MODS (not all) take a dim view to anyone showing them up in their true colours.

So I predict one of two things... either.

1) The MODS will wake up to this and lock the WUM posts on this site  furious

or

2) I get a ban and this post gets removed... but hopefully not before enough has seen it.  censored

Either way, I don't expect to be posting on this site for much longer... So, incase I don't have chance to say good-bye.. I have in advance.

Rolling Eyes  Ale

I'll bite, almost every current report is invalid, often more intent to serve some personal score by reporting a poster who has now supposedly started a WUM thread, or who's post would barely register .01 on the Richter scale.

If you have any issues with a particular post that you are convinced should have been dealt with differently PM a moderator or Administrator.

Just remember one thing, if we do not deem a report valid, we dismiss it. Just because someone reports a post does not justify a rain of fire, keep that in mind.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:40 pm

Tell us the joke then.....or have I missed it?

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:44 pm

I'm going to play devil's advocate, so bear with me..

The first thread, well there aren't any more games between England, Wales and Oz before the World Cup, so I suppose there's an argument for a discussion based on the head to head games before the tournament (I agree its too early for such a discussion, but everyone's bored at work!)

The second is written tongue in cheek by an Irish poster who doesn't want the favourites tag for Ireland! Most of the arguing on the posts I've scanned is English posters arguing over whether England or Ireland are now favourites for the 6N

Haven't seen the made up Welsh posters either, but the thread about sacking Gats and co was started by a definite Welshman!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:45 pm

I don't understand Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:48 pm

moles and mountains come to mind

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:51 pm

BamBam wrote:I think everyone's been quite well behaved, well on the threads I've been on anyway!

Me too. Its been all pretty well tempered and I have not seen any significant trolling

Have you reported the posts you think break the rules?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:54 pm

Removed in the light of the posts lower down

Last edited by TJ on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:30 pm; edited 2 times in total

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by hugehandoff Mon 09 Feb 2015, 5:54 pm

to me the problem is when people are trying to enjoy a genuine rugby debate which gets taken over by the WUMs. It can be really annoying when legitimate debate is hijacked by boring constant wumming. But some banter is fun and we cannot be too precious about this. No one has to read a clear thread which is gloating about a win, but if you do then don't get upset. There is a balance which frequently is missed by some posters, but overall I enjoy the debate an differing view points on here and you can report individual comments.

hugehandoff

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:01 pm

I really don't think you could describe most of what's been written here since the first weekend as being blatantly offensive in a 'wumming' kind - but then I've learned that 'wumming' is very much in the eye of the beholder.

But................. are most of us not grown men here?  Why can't we be proud of the fact and just even pretend we have thicker skin than is sometimes projected here.

How can 'put-downs' and 'sneers' or generalised implied 'insults' directed at a team be seen as something some of us simply cannot tolerate?

Life is life - you get it - toss it to one side, ignore it or get even and throw a few wisecrack wums the way of the wummer.  

I blame the culture of 'Offence' that has built up through PCism and now into virutally any and all 'fringe' groups complaining about anything thrown their way as being 'offensive'.

So be it - life isn't all flowers.  I get offended by stuff that gets said in here - yeah, certainly I get uppity about some of the sideswipes - but I love it!  It's ammunition to get even - and boy do I love getting even Wink

And it's not vicious or violent - it's just tet a tet fun.

Je suis Charlie comes to mind (even though I'm not Charlie but respect their rights to be Charlie)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:02 pm

An Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman and Welshman walked into a pub...........

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:03 pm

LondonTiger wrote:An Englishman, Irishman, Scotsman and Welshman walked into a pub...........

an none of the buggers would buy a pint!

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:03 pm

Ok... maybe I'm being over-sensitive, because I missed the f***ing game...

I wasn't going, being a Friday night and not having a ticket.. But a mate of mine called me at the last minute, offering me a spare.. I managed to persuade the wife to get me to Cardiff (and she said she'd pick me up - what a gem..).

So I drove there, as fast as I could in my pride and joy (my F-Type, all of 6 months old), she planned to go to her sister and pick me up later around 12.. Yes I drove fast but NOT breaking the speed limit (well no more than 10 mph where safe)... And a f***ing tw** coming the other way over took a bus on a blind bend. Short story is, I've put a BIG dent in my Jag taking down a lamp post. Couldn't drive on, rad smashed, steam and car blood everywhere... The youngster in his beat up Corsa got away with just sh!tting himself, but no mark. The BUS he overtook wasn't touched... JUST ME!!! Had to wait hours and hours for RAC to get to me, at which point he said "Going to the game are you.. Well I can only take the car to a garage".. By the time I sorted the car and the police where happy I could go, I'd missed the game....

So not a f***ing great weekend at all for me.. Also, today found out that it is unlikely to get claim against the young tw** in the Corsa, as he didn't actually have any bump.. NO ONLY BECAUSE I TOOK ACTION TO MISS HIM... SH!T!!!

So... touchy today... YES TO F***ING RIGHT I'M TOUCHY...

steam

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:09 pm

No9 wrote:Ok... maybe I'm being over-sensitive, because I missed the f***ing game...

I wasn't going, being a Friday night and not having a ticket.. But a mate of mine called me at the last minute, offering me a spare.. I managed to persuade the wife to get me to Cardiff (and she said she'd pick me up - what a gem..).

So I drove there, as fast as I could in my pride and joy (my F-Type, all of 6 months old), she planned to go to her sister and pick me up later around 12.. Yes I drove fast but NOT breaking the speed limit (well no more than 10 mph where safe)... And a f***ing tw** coming the other way over took a bus on a blind bend. Short story is, I've put a BIG dent in my Jag taking down a lamp post. Couldn't drive on, rad smashed, steam and car blood everywhere... The youngster in his beat up Corsa got away with just sh!tting himself, but no mark. The BUS he overtook wasn't touched... JUST ME!!! Had to wait hours and hours for RAC to get to me, at which point he said "Going to the game are you.. Well I can only take the car to a garage".. By the time I sorted the car and the police where happy I could go, I'd missed the game....

So not a f***ing great weekend at all for me.. Also, today found out that it is unlikely to get claim against the young tw** in the Corsa, as he didn't actually have any bump.. NO ONLY BECAUSE I TOOK ACTION TO MISS HIM... SH!T!!!

steam

There, there, acceptance is the first step.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:14 pm

No9 wrote:Ok... maybe I'm being over-sensitive, because I missed the f***ing game...

steam

Bloody hell, that's a shocker, sorry to hear that mate. At least you've got your health, its only a rugby match at the end of the day

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:17 pm

...before anyone rubs salt in the wounds (trying to help...). Yes, I know a witness or two saying it was the Corsa drivers fault overtaking a bus would help, but the bus driver drove on (after he saw there was no-one hurt I add - and spoke to the cops "forgot that minor detail" best add, as he may frequent, and don't want to malign him- wasn't his fault). That means the only witnesses was a couple of old dears on the bus, who we haven't names for, as I didn't expect the bus driver to leave, without the cops speaking to everyone, my wife, and the young driver and his girlfriend. They say it wasn't their fault, my wife and I disagree. The police say the bus driver couldn't see as it was in his blind spot (mirror). So one word against another.. Police don't want to take it any further, down to insurances and I've been advised mine are unlikely to contend it.. Hence, its my no claims taking the hit... F****** mad

Last edited by No9 on Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:18 pm

BamBam wrote:

steam

Bloody hell, that's a shocker, sorry to hear that mate. At least you've got your health, its only a rugby match at the end of the day

That's what the wife says... and somehow its isn't helping at the moment... Although I know that, it doesn't help at the moment

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:22 pm

You were almost killed? (lampost) and you still prioritise the game?

Now there's dedication! Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwlad Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:26 pm

steam

did you have the roof open?

Gwlad

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:45 pm

No9 wrote:...before anyone rubs salt in the wounds (trying to help...). Yes, I know a witness or two saying it was the Corsa drivers fault overtaking a bus would help, but the bus driver drove on (after he saw there was no-one hurt I add - and spoke to the cops "forgot that minor detail" best add, as he may frequent, and don't want to malign him- wasn't his fault). That means the only witnesses was a couple of old dears on the bus, who we haven't names for, as I didn't expect the bus driver to leave, without the cops speaking to everyone, my wife, and the young driver and his girlfriend. They say it wasn't their fault, my wife and I disagree. The police say the bus driver couldn't see as it was in his blind spot (mirror). So one word against another.. Police don't want to take it any further, down to insurances and I've been advised mine are unlikely to contend it.. Hence, its my no claims taking the hit... F****** mad

Sounds like the bus driver is a witness.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Mon 09 Feb 2015, 6:57 pm

haskell did same on rugby pitch a few hours later

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:03 pm

Gwlad wrote:

steam

did you have the roof open?

Nope closed.. and the f***ing atmosphere was unbearable. I couldn't hear myself think above the wife's screams Sad

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:04 pm

quinsforever wrote:haskell did same on rugby pitch a few hours later

....but I'm the one being penalised this time...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:12 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:...before anyone rubs salt in the wounds (trying to help...). Yes, I know a witness or two saying it was the Corsa drivers fault overtaking a bus would help, but the bus driver drove on (after he saw there was no-one hurt I add - and spoke to the cops "forgot that minor detail" best add, as he may frequent, and don't want to malign him- wasn't his fault). That means the only witnesses was a couple of old dears on the bus, who we haven't names for, as I didn't expect the bus driver to leave, without the cops speaking to everyone, my wife, and the young driver and his girlfriend. They say it wasn't their fault, my wife and I disagree. The police say the bus driver couldn't see as it was in his blind spot (mirror). So one word against another.. Police don't want to take it any further, down to insurances and I've been advised mine are unlikely to contend it.. Hence, its my no claims taking the hit... F****** mad

Yes... your right.. He is, technically. But he said he didn't see the actual incident as it happened behind his line of view, and he didn't scan his mirror until he heard the crash and he stopped. So he cant comment on what caused the accident only that he saw the result. I wish it wasn't so, but I don't know one way or other, I was busy avoiding an on-coming car. I keep thinking, I should have stuck to the way they train you to drive, ie. don't swerve or try to avoid, but apply brakes and stop in a straight line (or so they did when I learned... nearly 40 years ago). But if I had done that, I have no doubt it would have been a head on smash (slightly glancing considering the bend), and I believe (hope) in my new Jag (with its safety systems) my wife and I would have walked. However, not sure the youngster and his lady friend in a 20 year old Corsa, with NO airbags would have been so lucky. This is the first accident I have had in 40 years of driving, so my no claims should be ok (protected). Its just so so so annoying... I just hope the youngster learns from this, as he was very lucky Friday night...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Feb 2015, 7:35 pm

No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Yes... your right.. He is, technically. But he said he didn't see the actual incident as it happened behind his line of view, and he didn't scan his mirror until he heard the crash and he stopped. So he cant comment on what caused the accident only that he saw the result. I wish it wasn't so, but I don't know one way or other, I was busy avoiding an on-coming car. I keep thinking, I should have stuck to the way they train you to drive, ie. don't swerve or try to avoid, but apply brakes and stop in a straight line (or so they did when I learned... nearly 40 years ago). But if I had done that, I have no doubt it would have been a head on smash (slightly glancing considering the bend), and I believe (hope) in my new Jag (with its safety systems) my wife and I would have walked. However, not sure the youngster and his lady friend in a 20 year old Corsa, with NO airbags would have been so lucky. This is the first accident I have had in 40 years of driving, so my no claims should be ok (protected). Its just so so so annoying... I just hope the youngster learns from this, as he was very lucky Friday night...

I see, but I would assume that the bus driver must have some kind of idea at what point he was overtaken by the boy racer on the blind bend you mention. It could indicate dangerous/careless driving. Maybe he could sketch a diagram for the cops. I've done that before as a witness.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:19 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I see, but I would assume that the bus driver must have some kind of idea at what point he was overtaken by the boy racer on the blind bend you mention. It could indicate dangerous/careless driving. Maybe he could sketch a diagram for the cops. I've done that before as a witness.

I think... if anyone had been hurt, the police may have gone down that route, as well as calling in the "traffic plods". But as it was only a bent piece of metal, all beit my expensive piece of metal before it was bent, I don't think they where that bothered and where more concerned with clearing the road so they could get back to the station before the match kicked off... As I think I said, they took details from the bus driver (or one cop did, whilst the other questioned me and breathalyzed me (I have no problem with that, as will not and never have drink n' drived) and then let him go on his way. But when I asked them for names, addresses of witnesses for my insurance details, they said they only had the driver's name, bus company and route and time. They didn't have any passenger details, which annoyed me, but ever tried questioning a copper at the scene of an accident... My advise... don't Sad  ... I gave bus drivers name, bus company and route and time to my insurance company, plus the young driver's details, but heard today, from a loss adjuster at my insurance, that they are unlikely to pursue a claim, as they don't believe it is possible to appropriate blame. I guess that's their way of telling me to "take it on the chin"... Talk about North being concussed, I feel like I've been hit for six...

Going to let this go now, as I'm sure no one else wants to hear my woe... and as my wife keeps telling me. "Let it go, or it'll beat you up... nothing more I can do, and we all have our limbs and lives.. The car can be fixed..." ... Don't you just hate it when the misses is right !!!

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:29 pm

Well, I'd just like to apologise on behalf of my topic for adding to the woes of your weekend, No 9.

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:33 pm

Dashcam in future. That would prove you were in the right

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Mon 09 Feb 2015, 8:41 pm

Thin skinned comes to mind
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Mon 09 Feb 2015, 9:04 pm

No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

I think... if anyone had been hurt, the police may have gone down that route, as well as calling in the "traffic plods". But as it was only a bent piece of metal, all beit my expensive piece of metal before it was bent, I don't think they where that bothered and where more concerned with clearing the road so they could get back to the station before the match kicked off... As I think I said, they took details from the bus driver (or one cop did, whilst the other questioned me and breathalyzed me (I have no problem with that, as will not and never have drink n' drived) and then let him go on his way. But when I asked them for names, addresses of witnesses for my insurance details, they said they only had the driver's name, bus company and route and time. They didn't have any passenger details, which annoyed me, but ever tried questioning a copper at the scene of an accident... My advise... don't Sad  ... I gave bus drivers name, bus company and route and time to my insurance company, plus the young driver's details, but heard today, from a loss adjuster at my insurance, that they are unlikely to pursue a claim, as they don't believe it is possible to appropriate blame. I guess that's their way of telling me to "take it on the chin"... Talk about North being concussed, I feel like I've been hit for six...

Going to let this go now, as I'm sure no one else wants to hear my woe... and as my wife keeps telling me. "Let it go, or it'll beat you up... nothing more I can do, and we all have our limbs and lives.. The car can be fixed..." ... Don't you just hate it when the misses is right !!!

Clearly, you are though and so should they. Now you've cooled down a bit, why not put your concerns in writing? I would. Ask the awkward questions. Why didn't they get the passenger details for starters?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Mon 09 Feb 2015, 10:50 pm

Is it worth asking the bus company if the bus had a cam on board that would show the overtaking car?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 12:43 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Clearly, you are though and so should they. Now you've cooled down a bit, why not put your concerns in writing? I would. Ask the awkward questions. Why didn't they get the passenger details for starters?

Too right I'm bothered about it. I'm just trying to calm down so I can draft a considered complant to the Policer Commisioner or whoever your supposed to complain to these days. Not expecting it to help me much though, and the misses says its not worth raising the blood pressure for. But its difficult to just let it go...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 12:45 am

Heaf wrote:Is it worth asking the bus company if the bus had a cam on board that would show the overtaking car?

kiss ... what a star... I've been checkin for CCTV cams in the area, but didnt think of the bus itself.

My first thing tomorrow... Fingers Crossed

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue 10 Feb 2015, 6:12 am

No9, i sincerely hope this thread has brought you some calm and perspective.

Sorry to hear about your troubles on the weekend, the important thing here is you came, you vented, you conquered Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 10 Feb 2015, 7:16 pm

No9 wrote:
Heaf wrote:Is it worth asking the bus company if the bus had a cam on board that would show the overtaking car?

kiss ... what a star... I've been checkin for CCTV cams in the area, but didnt think of the bus itself.

Got in touch with bus company today. Really nice lady, took details and said shed check and get back to me in a few days. Some, not all of their buses have CTV, but they are for the safety of the driver and passenger so inward facing. She said sometimes some external images can be recorded, but she didn't want to build any hopes, but she would check if that bus had a camera and if so would check the footage.

I passed that info to my insurance company, who said if there is clear evidence the. They would reconsider pursuing a claim against the other driver, but until resolved it would still be a claim against me, as I'm claiming to get my car fixed.

Waiting for an insurance loss adjuster to review the damage and approved it to be fixed.  I the meantime they've given me a courtesy car.... Don't laugh, it's a corsa. Gone from my F Type to a Corsa.

Just have to wait now...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Tue 10 Feb 2015, 7:31 pm

No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:
No9 wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:

Too right I'm bothered about it. I'm just trying to calm down so I can draft a considered complant to the Policer Commisioner  or whoever your supposed to complain to these days. Not expecting it to help me much though, and the misses says its not worth raising the blood pressure for. But its difficult to just let it go...

Excellent and good luck! The written word on paper is a powerful tool. Then sit back and let the Filth do the investigating. It's their job.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 10 Feb 2015, 9:55 pm

No9 wrote:
No9 wrote:

Got in touch with bus company today. Really nice lady, took details and said shed check and get back to me in a few days. Some, not all of their buses have CTV, but they are for the safety of the driver and passenger so inward facing. She said sometimes some external images can be recorded, but she didn't want to build any hopes, but she would check if that bus had a camera and if so would check the footage.

I passed that info to my insurance company, who said if there is clear evidence the. They would reconsider pursuing a claim against the other driver, but until resolved it would still be a claim against me, as I'm claiming to get my car fixed.

Waiting for an insurance loss adjuster to review the damage and approved it to be fixed.  I the meantime they've given me a courtesy car.... Don't laugh, it's a corsa. Gone from my F Type to a Corsa.

Just have to wait now...

Fingers Crossed

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down