The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns-Figueroa signed for May

+10
Dipper Brown
John Bloody Wayne
TRUSSMAN66
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
catchweight
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
wheelchair1991
BallchinianMuffwig
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Burns-Figueroa signed for May Empty Burns-Figueroa signed for May

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Fri 13 Feb 2015, 11:29 pm

Oh dear oh dear.

source - ringtv.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Burns-Figueroa signed for May Empty Re: Burns-Figueroa signed for May

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:59 am

Yeah heard this the other day, going to possibly be at light welter or a catchweight, burns is on the slide so dont fancy his chances hope im wrong

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 11:45 am

Every night when Eddie goes to sleep he hears the lambs. Very soon he's going to silence them.

Ba Baa Burns off to America for the slaughter.

Callous disregard for a fighter that he poached, gave legal advice to and earned a few quid off. The fights in Figueroa's back yard of Texas. Eddie has probably signed the pasty wee blue man up for an outdoor fight in the May day Texan sun.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:02 pm

Figueroa has links to Al Haymon. Makes sense that when Haymon tells Eddie to jump Poodle Hearn says how high.

Poor Ricky, financial smashed and now about to get physically beaten up. Nothing new about a fighter being used and abused as a commodity. Seems at odds with Eddie though who kept telling us he was different and was all about the fighters. I'd have more time for Don King who doesn't pretend to be anything other than he is, a boxing promoter and by extension a scum bag.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 12:47 pm

Burns gets a decent payday and a near on guaranteed title shot if he wins, not sure what the hell is wrong with that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 14 Feb 2015, 1:57 pm

Everything HH cause it's Eddie, if it would have been Frank or ANYONE else, we'd be hearing how great they were to get a fighter who's definitely on the slide a decent payday yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:05 pm

burns looks finished

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sat 14 Feb 2015, 2:46 pm

Figueroa does have some problems in the defence department but he is a very talented fighter he is young strong and powerful. That said he's looked vulnerable in his last few fights and has had reported hand injuries. The burns that was a champ at lightweight could have driven him very close, but I feel the best of Burns has passed and he doesn't have enough left in the tank to clinch the win

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:04 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Everything HH cause it's Eddie, if it would have been Frank or ANYONE else, we'd be hearing how great they were to get a fighter who's definitely on the slide a decent payday yaddah yaddah yaddah.

Warren doesn't put Burns into this fight. Its not like Burns will pick up a big payoff for taking the loss.

Burns isn't even a light welter. This is a stay busy fight for Figueroa.  

Burns is spent. Hearn is sacrificing him on the alter of Al Hayman.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:28 pm

Warren would be too busy not paying him and then suing him but that would nbe preferable apparently.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 3:31 pm

I think it's a good fight for Burns...........The guy needs money and it's a last chance at the big time for a decent purse.......

When you've been a world champion...........Can't see the point of fighting stiffs for pocket money in meaningless fights....

Can't see Hearns has done much wrong here..............If it gets too much pull him out !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:05 pm

Hopefully he'll get a decent pay day because I can't see him lasting the distance of recent outings are anything to go by

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:09 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Hopefully he'll get a decent pay day because I can't see him lasting the distance of recent outings are anything to go by

I agree......I think he should go out with a decent payday looking for the big one..............Than scratching around against sub level opposition for pocket money for a few years..

He's earned that right..........and good luck to him seems like a nice kid !!..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:13 pm

Expecting Burns to be a sorry sight at the of it.

Can't see the purse being too big either. Fighting away in the States is expensive.

Ricky is done at top level but he can still make money on the domestic scene over the next few years. Being broke he needs to fight for as long as it is viable. Eddie seems to want to put Burns career to bed for good.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:15 pm

Good luck to him but it's worrying to see Burns continuing given the nature of his last few outings.

It's a shame he's not able to retire comfortably and put boxing behind him.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:18 pm

Burns was a victim of being caught between two promoters who both shafted him. He looks pretty spent but has lost a lot of money in the last year. Seems like a nice bloke but will probably end up retiring from the sport with not much to show for it and spending his last few years in it as a punchbag.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:19 pm

Dipper Brown wrote:Good luck to him but it's worrying to see Burns continuing given the nature of his last few outings.

It's a shame he's not able to retire comfortably and put boxing behind him.

How many Boxers retire when they are comfortable, Dipper ??

All boxers think they've got one more fight left in them........

Boxers are scared of quitting because it's been there life !!! and change can be a scary thing !!................

As Apollo Creed said "Without a war the Warrior might as well be dead, Stallion !!"

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

Burns is fighting to pay his solicitors bills. The same solicitor Hearn uses. Maybe Eddie got a finders fee.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:25 pm

Strongback wrote:Burns is fighting to pay his solicitors bills.  The same solicitor Hearn uses. Maybe Eddie got a finders fee.

One trick pony...........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:32 pm

It's quite worrying to see such stalkerish tendencies in someone on a forum, you're the Richard Farley of 606v2.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 14 Feb 2015, 4:49 pm

Strongback wrote:Expecting Burns to be a sorry sight at the of it.

Can't see the purse being too big either.  Fighting away in the States is expensive.

Ricky is done at top level but he can still make money on the domestic scene over the next few years. Being broke he needs to fight for as long as it is viable. Eddie seems to want to put Burns career to bed for good.

Whilst I can kind of see what your trying to say have you ever thought that Burns doesn't want to scratch around domestic level. And you have no idea of his purse, it might be the best he can get.

When you start holding up other promoters to the same standards you hold the 'great one' too then maybe people will take you a tad seriously.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
Strongback wrote:Expecting Burns to be a sorry sight at the of it.

Can't see the purse being too big either.  Fighting away in the States is expensive.

Whilst I can kind of see what your trying to say have you ever thought that Burns doesn't want to scratch around domestic level. And you have no idea of his purse, it might be the best he can get.

When you start holding up other promoters to the same standards you hold the 'great one' too then maybe people will take you a tad seriously.

Any promoter who sticks the current version of Burns in a ring with a boxer of the quality of Figueroa in his back garden deserves to be criticized.

With Hearn it is the hypocracy that stands out. Man of the people who cares for his fighters.  If he hadn't spent the last few years waffling this crap I wouldn't be passing any remarks.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:14 pm

So as like you say Burns needs to pay off his lawyers, pay his bills, put food on the table and the only financially viable option is Figueroa you'd tell him that 'no you can't fight him, take the lesser option and sell your house'???

I don't think you live in the real world sometimes buddy.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:18 pm

Laugh  ......Hearn should have sat Burns down and said "I don't want you to be ambitious !!..We both know you're s**t !!..So let's find some stiffs for you to fight for pocket money in meaningles fights !!"

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sat 14 Feb 2015, 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:13 pm

Derbymanc wrote:So as like you say Burns needs to pay off his lawyers, pay his bills, put food on the table and the only financially viable option is Figueroa you'd tell him that 'no you can't fight him, take the lesser option and sell your house'???

Who ever said he had no other option? Burns can make money fighting the Crolla's and Matthews', fights he would stand a chance of doing well in and that would generate interest.

Let's see what Burns purse is. When all bills are paid I'd be very surprised if Burns walks away with £50,000.

Burns looks like a good beat down will finish him forever.

I live in a world where I want to see a fighter come through unscathed and, especially for an ex-world champion, with a few quid in his pocket.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:22 pm

Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:So as like you say Burns needs to pay off his lawyers, pay his bills, put food on the table and the only financially viable option is Figueroa you'd tell him that 'no you can't fight him, take the lesser option and sell your house'???

Who ever said he had no other option?  Burns can make money fighting the Crolla's and Matthews', fights he would stand a chance of doing well in and that would generate interest.

Let's see what Burns purse is. When all bills are paid I'd be very surprised if Burns walks away with £50,000.  

Burns looks like a good beat down will finish him forever.

I live in a world where I want to see a fighter come through unscathed and,  especially for an ex-world champion, with a few quid in his pocket.  

You did, according to you the only thing for him is domestic.

He's a working man, he's got bills to pay and food to put on the table. Am pretty certain he's taken the best financial deal open to him unless he really believes he can get back to the top, in which case he's told Eddie he wants this fight. Either way it's his choice and what he thinks is best for him.

BTW none of us no the contract details so you trying to tell me that I can't say it's a good one also means you shouldn't be mentioning it.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:31 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's quite worrying to see such stalkerish tendencies in someone on a forum, you're the Richard Farley of 606v2.

Who's Richard Farley? Was he the subject of a gory Black Metal song.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:32 pm

I think that only Dave and myself will understand the stupidity of that comment.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Laugh  ......Hearn should have sat Burns down and said "I don't want you to be ambitious !!..We both know you're s**t !!..So let's find some stiffs for you to fight for pocket money in meaningles fights !!"

Telling Burns the truth would be doing him a favour.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:35 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I think that only Dave and myself will understand the stupidity of that
comment.

So who's Richard Farley and why do you know about him?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:37 pm

Use google you'll be an expert in no time Strongy but do grow up big boy, you're becoming a bit too easy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:44 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Use google you'll be an expert in no time Strongy but do grow up big boy, you're becoming a bit too easy.

Don't call me "big boy" you'll be getting Truss all excited.

Looked up Farley, he's a mass murderer from 30 years. I'm not surprised you've studied him in detail. Encyclopaedic knowledge you have.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 6:46 pm

Bit more to it than that but obviously your intellect isn't what you say it is and knowing the names of high profile serial killers is hardly shocking is it.

You are a tw7t.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 7:00 pm

I'm sorry I don't know about an American serial killer from 30 years ago. Doesn't America have dozens and dozens of these mass murderers/ serial killers. I can't be expected to have your knowledge of them.

People have different interests yours seems to be gore, death, mutilation, puking and defecation.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 14 Feb 2015, 7:05 pm

Based on one song you briefly listened to that I myself do not listen to, you sir have a brain and logical reasoning that would make the fictional Sherlock Holmes jealous.

On the other hand you could just be mentally unstable and unable to comprehend that you are the most transparent poster on here.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Feb 2015, 7:20 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Based on one song you briefly listened to that I myself do not listen to, you sir have a brain and logical reasoning that would make the fictional Sherlock Holmes jealous.

On the other hand you could just be mentally unstable and unable to comprehend that you are the most transparent poster on here.

Well you did post about a mass murder.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 15 Feb 2015, 10:21 am

[quote="Strongback"]
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Based on one song you briefly listened to that I myself do not listen to, you sir have a brain and logical reasoning that would make the fictional Sherlock Holmes jealous.

On the other hand you could just be mentally unstable and unable to comprehend that you are the most transparent poster on here.[/quote

Well you did post about a mass murder.

And you post about boxing, doesn't mean your a boxer though
Whistle

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:44 pm

Strongback wrote:Burns is fighting to pay his solicitors bills.  The same solicitor Hearn uses. Maybe Eddie got a finders fee.

You do know MdR employs more than 1 person, right? Perhaps a thousand or so solicitors.....

Bell end.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:03 pm

Derbymanc wrote:

Of course he does Derby...

In his 606 world he is a billionaire self made success story that has no limitations. In reality he is at the end of a rainbow guarding his pot of gold.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:09 pm

trottb wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

In his 606 world he is a billionaire self made success story that has no limitations. In reality he is at the end of a rainbow guarding his pot of gold.

The billionnaire stuff isn't half as impressive as him lifting 400 on the bench press at the age of 16.........

Now that is truly impressive !!................I've never lifted 400 and I've taken in more chemicals than the people of Chernobyl !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:15 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:.I've never lifted 400 and I've taken in more chemicals than the people of Chernobyl !!

So have I and I can barely lift myself out of bed in a morning.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:16 pm

Isn't that technically lifting 500?

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
trottb wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

The billionnaire stuff isn't half as impressive as him lifting 400 on the bench press at the age of 16.........

Now that is truly impressive !!................I've never lifted 400 and I've taken in more chemicals than the people of Chernobyl !!

400 squat at age 17.

How much money did poppa-in-law make this year?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:20 pm

Less than you no doubt.

The only 400 squat you should be doing is to relieve yourself of all of the sh!t you talk.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:22 pm

400 at 17? I was doing 401.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:22 pm

What's more impressive is his ability to totally dismiss an entire musical genre based on listening to one song by a guy who was in his late teens at the time he wrote it and hardly a master of his craft. Now, rather than look at that in the context of the music that was around at that time, let alone go and look at the work he did as he matured as a musician, say for example, songs from "Human", Individual Thought Patterns" "Symbolic" or "the Sound of Perseverance" which really do showcase the man's brilliance, Strongy has based his opinion on one song, not a very good one at that, laid it alongside his favourite song, "Nothing Else Matters" and decided it doesn't compare.

Tw*t of the highest order is our STRONGY

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:25 pm

DAVE667 wrote:What's more impressive is his ability to totally dismiss an entire musical genre based on listening to one song by a guy who was in his late teens at the time he wrote it and hardly a master of his craft. Now, rather than look at that in the context of the music that was around at that time, let alone go and look at the work he did as he matured as a musician, say for example, songs from "Human", Individual Thought Patterns" "Symbolic" or "the Sound of Perseverance" which really do showcase the man's brilliance, Strongy has based his opinion on one song, not a very good one at that, laid it alongside his favourite song, "Nothing Else Matters" and decided it doesn't compare.

Are you talking about MAX BYGRAVES, Dave?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 1:27 pm

superflyweight wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:What's more impressive is his ability to totally dismiss an entire musical genre based on listening to one song by a guy who was in his late teens at the time he wrote it and hardly a master of his craft. Now, rather than look at that in the context of the music that was around at that time, let alone go and look at the work he did as he matured as a musician, say for example, songs from "Human", Individual Thought Patterns" "Symbolic" or "the Sound of Perseverance" which really do showcase the man's brilliance, Strongy has based his opinion on one song, not a very good one at that, laid it alongside his favourite song, "Nothing Else Matters" and decided it doesn't compare.

Are you talking about MAX BYGRAVES, Dave?
You're a pink toothbrush, I'm a blue toothbrush.......

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:11 pm

You need to stop copying my posts Dave, he'll start acussing us of being aliases, as in his mind no two different people would be able to formulate the same opinion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Mon 16 Feb 2015, 8:30 pm

Two freaks of nature can have the same opinion.

You both probably want to "Puck in my face".

The scary thing is you guys are in your 40's and still listen to this crap and believe it.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next