The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ??

+9
Derbymanc
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
KO-KING
ShahenshahG
Rowley
catchweight
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Go down

Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ?? Empty Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Feb 2015, 10:56 am

Had Armfield - Hall 30-27.............The majority had Hall winning..............Whilst it was contentious......Hall winning the first round wasn't..

Had Armfield winning the semi final............No way did he win two rounds...........

That stoppage..............Dear oh dear !!

Everyone can have a bad night...............But this guy's consistency is alarming !!..............

Every time his name is read out as a judge after a fight......... You cringe because you never know what he's been watching..........

Time for him to sling it..................

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ?? Empty Re: Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ??

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:13 am

In a word, no.

'Listen. I am the referee'. Yeah you may be in name, mate. But you're not fit for purpose.

Might be a long wait for the phone to ring from Eddie again.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ?? Empty Re: Ian John Lewis - Does Brit Boxing need this clown ??

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:18 am

Dipper Brown wrote:In a word, no.

'Listen. I am the referee'. Yeah you may be in name, mate. But you're not fit for purpose.

Might be a long wait for the phone to ring from Eddie again.

Funny you should say that..

BBB of C are supposed to assign the referees..............But back home Steele refereed most big King fights unless like Bruno 2 and Honey v Starling a fuss is created !! ........I imagine the same applies here....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:46 am

A case of 'don't ask, don't tell' I guess.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:50 am

Wink .....

Unfortunately our sport is probably one of the most corrupt....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:53 am

Britain needs a clear out of all its officials. They are all useless. Its a bit of an old boys club though. Bunch of fat guys on cushy numbers with no accountability.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:55 am

catchweight wrote:Britain needs a clear out of all its officials. They are all useless. Its a bit of an old boys club though. Bunch of fat guys on cushy numbers with no accountability.

We agree on something !! thumbsup ....

A bit worrying...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:56 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I imagine the same applies here....

Don't know exactly how it works Truss, but you'd have to think the promoter had a say because Mickey Vann did about 10 of Hatton's on the bounce in his MEN days. Only in boxing, could you imagine Man Utd having the same ref 10 games at Old Trafford in a row.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Feb 2015, 11:59 am

Rowley wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I imagine the same applies here....

Don't know exactly how it works Truss, but you'd have to think the promoter had a say because Mickey Vann did about 10 of Hatton's on the bounce in his MEN days. Only in boxing, could you imagine Man Utd having the same ref 10 games at Old Trafford in a row.

Disgraceful refereeing a la judging... is soon forgotten.............Unfortunately..

Who can forget Darkie Smith giving it to Mickey Vann..............After several elbows and other rough stuff wasn't picked up...

Who can forget Tyson smacking Bruno on the floor when he'd been down at least two seconds...........

Hard sport Boxing..............Fighters deserve better officialdom..........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 15 Feb 2015, 12:10 pm

Some of the refs are so overweight they struggle to do ten round fights. You see them heaving after 6 rounds with big sweat patches under their arms.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sun 15 Feb 2015, 12:26 pm

Who was the ref in the calzaghe Mitchell fight? When he was checking on baron it looked like a Cockney gesturing come and have a go if you think you'you're hard enough.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by KO-KING Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:20 pm

makes no sense how he has a job

KO-KING

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:44 pm

He has a job because he was an ex pro himself and knows the signs.

Maybe we should replace him with a yank ref and we can all sit back and watch a clearly hurt helpless man get beaten to death.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:47 pm

He doesn't know the signs judging by his performances recently, not that being a useless ex pro makes any difference in that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 15 Feb 2015, 1:51 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:He has a job because he was an ex pro himself and knows the signs.

Maybe we should replace him with a yank ref and we can all sit back and watch a clearly hurt helpless man get beaten to death.

You do realise that refs of probably all nationalities have been in the ring when a boxers died? Pretty p!ss poor to try and use it to push an agenda

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Sun 15 Feb 2015, 2:20 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:He has a job because he was an ex pro himself and knows the signs.

You do realise that refs of probably all nationalities have been in the ring when a boxers died? Pretty p!ss poor to try and use it to push an agenda

Bored are we?

Looking for trouble? what agenda are you flapping on about.

IJL is a good ref, he knows what signs boxers give off when they are hurt you can't disguise it so he is best placed to call the stoppage. Your eyes have to be hanging off you're chin for the fight to be stopped in the States.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 15 Feb 2015, 2:44 pm

John Lewis a good ref?

Didn't see last night but doesn't surprise me to hear more controversy, did you see the Selby Munroe stoppage? Completely conned by Selby into stopping the fight. Hopeless ref.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 15 Feb 2015, 3:41 pm

Unfortunately his refereeing is better than his judging !!

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Sun 15 Feb 2015, 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 15 Feb 2015, 4:17 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

Bored are we?

IJL is a good ref, he knows what signs boxers give off when they are hurt you can't disguise it so he is best placed to call the stoppage. Your eyes have to be hanging off you're chin for the fight to be stopped in the States.

Do you even watch boxing??? he's constantly making bad decisions (Enzo Mac, Prizefighter) There's a reason quite a few people sigh and roll there eyes when he's named as ref in any fight.

Oh and your agenda is you try and turn all sorts of crap against the yanks, you'll be telling us next it's not IJL's fault as the yanks replaced his eyes with ping pong balls.

Whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say he should be completely removed he should either be up for retraining or if the board think he's making the right decisison then they need to let it be known that that is how fights in Britain will be reffed.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 15 Feb 2015, 4:29 pm

Derbymanc wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:

Bored are we?

Oh and your agenda is you try and turn all sorts of crap against the yanks, you'll be telling us next it's not IJL's fault as the yanks replaced his eyes with ping pong balls.

Am I that transparent??
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 15 Feb 2015, 4:40 pm

Eh?????

Are you admitting to being the beacon of sanity that is OneTwo,

OR

you having a sly dig at Truss Wink

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 15 Feb 2015, 4:50 pm

Seems it wasn't particularly sly then Very Happy
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sun 15 Feb 2015, 5:11 pm

IJL needs to go. He makes it a habit to stop fights prematurely. He nearly let Briggs be killed by Vitali then stops Enzo for nothing, and Rose when he should have let it go on to see what would've happened. He can't score, either. His voice is squeaky. He's a laughing stock.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Sun 15 Feb 2015, 5:40 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:IJL needs to go. He makes it a habit to stop fights prematurely. He nearly let Briggs be killed by Vitali then stops Enzo for nothing, and Rose when he should have let it go on to see what would've happened. He can't score, either. His voice is squeaky. He's a laughing stock.

On the above basis, he seems perfectly qualified for the job, but I agree, there's no place for squeaky voices Among boxing officials. Strike him off.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down