The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd offence = 15 Year Ban

+6
laverfan
bradman99.94
kingraf
temporary21
LuvSports!
Josiah Maiestas
10 posters

Go down

2nd offence = 15 Year Ban Empty 2nd offence = 15 Year Ban

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:35 pm

March 18, 2015

The Tennis Anti-Doping Programme (the “Programme”) and the United States Anti-Doping Agency (“USADA”) jointly announced today that Wayne Odesnik has committed a second Anti-Doping Rule Violation.

Mr Odesnik, a 29-year-old player from the USA, provided an out-of-competition urine sample to USADA on 14 December 2014, and further samples to the ITF (on behalf of the Programme) on 17 December 2014 and 12 January 2015. Those samples were sent to WADA-accredited laboratories in Salt Lake City, USA and Montreal, Canada for analysis, and were found to contain one or more of: metabolites of methenolone; metabolites of androst-(2,3)-en-17-one; and GHRP-6. All are Prohibited Substances under the 2014 and 2015 WADA List of Prohibited Substances: methenolone under section S1 (Anabolic agents); androst-(2,3)-en-17-one under section S4 (Hormone and metabolic modulators); and GHRP-6 under Section 2 (Peptide hormones, growth factors, related substances and mimetics). They are therefore also prohibited under the 2014 and 2015 versions of the Programme. Accordingly, Mr Odesnik was charged with an Anti-Doping Rule Violation under Article 2.1 of the Programme.

Mr Odesnik’s commission of an Anti-Doping Rule Violation under Article 2.1 of the Programme was confirmed, which was his second such violation, having been sanctioned in 2010 for the possession of human growth hormone. It was, therefore, determined that he is suspended from participation for a period of 15 years, back-dated to commence from 30 January 2015, and so ending at midnight on 29 January 2030. It was also determined that Mr Odesnik’s results at the Happy Valley Challenger event, Australian Open and Maui Challenger event should be disqualified, with forfeiture of the ranking points and prize money that he won at those events.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

2nd offence = 15 Year Ban Empty Re: 2nd offence = 15 Year Ban

Post by LuvSports! Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm

Scapegoat.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 7:42 pm

Cant say I can complain, I mean if hes stupid enough to do this twice...

15 years is a weird time frame, it might as well be a life ban. Its the end of his career either way.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Wed 18 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm

I thought that 2 LuvSports, the devil that I am.

Roddick seems glad he got caught 2nd offence = 15 Year Ban 1347041234
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Thu 19 Mar 2015, 5:59 am

15 years is fair enough. Idiotic to the nth degree to get caught again.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by bradman99.94 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 9:08 am

LuvSports! wrote:Scapegoat.

Meaning? Assuming, that is, that you're not just being deliberately controversial Smile

bradman99.94

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Fri 20 Mar 2015, 2:00 am

kingraf wrote:15 years is fair enough. Idiotic to the nth degree to get caught again.

Last time he was "smoking" but not "inhaling", IIRC. This time he "inhaled". If the first offense was "dumb", the second one is "dumber".

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:25 am

Well I hope he goes all out and exposes all the players. Nothing would please me more than for every tennis fan to take a bite on the same sh!t sandwich.

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:01 pm

LK.. I think Odesnik should consider writing a book, since his Tennis career is effectively over. He can make money too.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 22 Mar 2015, 2:45 pm

LF I think the money aside it requires an expose. Success and money drives most forms of doping, but least he could point fingers and give the ITF a foothold in the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 3:16 pm

Tennis isnt a team sport though. In cycling, one expose rats out an entire team. Wayne might not have had any idea who else might be doing stuff.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sun 22 Mar 2015, 4:10 pm

Very true but there are clinics people go to collect the "goods" were people of different teams and networks (maybe players) would be perhaps. Clientèle lists... Puerto.

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:56 pm

Interesting comment about the book! Would indeed be worth a read? Although, perhaps unethical to make money from this, so I would not buy it unless he stated it was a charitable venture with all the profits going to anti drugs fight?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:58 pm

It's interesting the prize money forfeit as that is not usual for drugs bans in any sport as far as I know? I wonder if they were enable to do this because he has not yet been paid the money in the first place, rather than requiring it to be paid back?

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:02 am

temporary21 wrote:Tennis isnt a team sport though. In cycling, one expose rats out an entire team. Wayne might not have had any idea who else might be doing stuff.

This always strikes me as a reason why its less likely doping is endemic within tennis. Cycling very much had an "everyone is doing it" so that's ok approach. In tennis, I have no doubt there are some players who are enhancing their performance but would any of them know if others were? I guess in some of the big academies that would possibly be the case but otherwise?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by TheMessi Mon 23 Mar 2015, 2:30 pm

Born Slippy wrote:
temporary21 wrote:Tennis isnt a team sport though. In cycling, one expose rats out an entire team. Wayne might not have had any idea who else might be doing stuff.

This always strikes me as a reason why its less likely doping is endemic within tennis. Cycling very much had an "everyone is doing it" so that's ok approach. In tennis, I have no doubt there are some players who are enhancing their performance but would any of them know if others were? I guess in some of the big academies that would possibly be the case but otherwise?
We know Odesnik doped, yet he was not particularly known for his physical prowess. It kind of raises questions about those top players who look absolutely incredible athletes.

TheMessi

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:01 pm

TheMessi wrote:
Born Slippy wrote:

We know Odesnik doped, yet he was not particularly known for his physical prowess. It kind of raises questions about those top players who look absolutely incredible athletes.
Some have really good genes and have that athlete shape and yes there are those who are sneakier with how they take their "gear" and hide it from the authorities.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 3:17 pm

Well doping doesn't guarantee peak physical shape, it just lets you train longer, you still need to put training in to make it work. Wayne probably didnt put the work in to make use of the stuff.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 24 Mar 2015, 2:18 am

Said this a few times now, but you couldn't even hope to overestimate how far along sports science has come in the twenty first century. Until a short while ago, there was no understanding that muscles have sub divisions, so to speak. Local and global stabilisers, and global mobilisers. You strengthen each type differently. Wayne Ferreira was one of the first to sort of jump on this new train of thought, and it helped had serve speed. It's not just this, of course. Greater knowledge in the field of nutrition, and recovery. If you're at the top of the game, earning basically a million a month, you don't need to dope. You could go pretty far in replicating the benefits of PEDs without ever getting naughty. No surprise it's the lower ranked guys who get caught. They can't afford the legal route...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Tue 24 Mar 2015, 7:41 am

Or they're on gear that is worse at hurdling itf tests?

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Henman Bill Tue 24 Mar 2015, 2:44 pm

I think that could be argued either way Kingraf. Lance Armstrong was hardly a poor journeyman with no backup team or resources....

Henman Bill

Back to top Go down

Post by MMT1 Sat 28 Mar 2015, 3:07 pm

Odesnik should never have been allowed to play tennis again - one of the worst cheats in the history of the game, his original voluntary sabaatical was a cover for a hole in the rules.  But tennis has a larger issue:  their doping enforcement is a joke.  I've written about this before, and when you look at the history of tennis doping, it seems they're more concerned with making the game appear to be clean than actually making it clean.

http://tennis-column.blogspot.com/2013/03/the-only-dope-is-anti-doping-believer.html

Last edited by MMT1 on Sun 29 Mar 2015, 4:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MMT1
MMT1

http://tennis-column.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 28 Mar 2015, 4:03 pm

Tbh HB, Armstrong was Sooo long ago. It's the proverbial eternity in sports science.

Look, there's reason to be cynical, but some of the thinking borders on ridiculous. As an example, a year or so when Rochus made suggestive comments regarding the top players and power pellets, a lot of people on here said, a few times, that a pro would know, as they share lockers. Now that it seems like Odesnik is going down and down alone... apparently the lower ranked players are none the wiser about these things. So the pros definitely dope. It's no better than the tin foil brigade.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSports! Sat 28 Mar 2015, 4:15 pm

Spot on Mmt1

LuvSports!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down