The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Franchises - Ranked!

+17
Mike Selig
seanmichaels
Adam D
Mad for Chelsea
Dolphin Ziggler
kingraf
Stella
BamBam
Nakatomi Plaza
Brys
Mr Bounce
Galted
Rowley
The Saint
TRUSSMAN66
Mind the windows Tino.
The Womble
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Franchises - Ranked! Empty Franchises - Ranked!

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 11:36 am

Everybody has a favourite film franchise so I wondered how you would rank the films within your favourite franchise from best to worst.

The Batman franchise is one of the most successful and lucrative and I am sure most people would place the Nolan films above the originals.
The Die Hard series have produced 5 action packed films but how many people would, like me, place Die Hard 3 as number 1?
There has been 10 Halloween films but which is the best?
Is Police Academy 5 really that good?

Let us know your favourite franchise, it can be any, and then list (with a reason) why they are placed where they are.

My favourite is the Superman series.

1 - Superman
The blueprint of superhero films. This film really did make me believe a man could fly, from Donner's direction to the superb special effects to Christopher Reeve's outstanding performance. Without this there would be no other Superman movie. This film stands above the rest.....just.

2 - Superman 2
An outstanding sequel. General Zod scared the hell out of me and rightly so. The fight scene towards the end nearly made this number 1 for me but just misses out due to the silly super kiss that erases Lois's memory.

3 - Man of Steel
The eagerly anticipated reboot that didn't fail to live up to the hype. A great origin story with a lot of heart and effects that belong in a Superman film.

4 - Superman 3
A guilty pleasure. Not a classic but a fun film with a brilliant fight sequence between Clark and Evil Superman. This let me down by evil Superman not actually being that evil. Getting p*ssed and straightening the Leaning Tower of Pisa aren't exactly the make up of a supervillain!

5 - Superman Returns
I enjoyed this when it first came out but over time have come to find this quite dull and boring. Superman was turned into a miserable brooding stalker. Not good.

6 - Superman 4: The Quest for Peace
Awful effects, awful villain and awful direction. The storyline was honourable but did not live up the standards of a Superman film.

There you go, let me know yours.

Cheers

Womble
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Franchises - Ranked! Empty Re: Franchises - Ranked!

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 12:33 pm

Quite enjoyed the BLADE trilogy to be honest

Torn between how to place the first two whereas the third whilst still decent is easy enough to put in last place.

For a bit part cartoon character who first appeared in a batman story back in 1072 or something ridiculous, I think the idea worked brilliantly. Snipes is perfect for the role and ably assisted by his co-stars. Kris Kristofferson as the grouchy old mentor/father figure is great and Jessica Biel in the third installment is hot hot hot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 12:46 pm

Alright Womble, been to Reykjavik by any chance?

It's been done to death on t'other thread, but the Alien franchise is still the one I go back to more than any others. Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Prometheus and then Resurrection. Although Resurrection is pretty hopeless and has very few redeeming features, it still has to be included in the list. Prometheus has a multitude of issues as well but is slightly less sh*t than Resurrection.

Godfather, Godfather II (although they are close. II is an excellent film) then number 3 which was/is a let down.

I love the original Star Wars as well. Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars then Return of the Jedi.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy as well. Two Towers, Fellowship and then Return of the King. Polarises opinions, and most either love them or hate them. I am firmly in the category that loves them.

I've hardly seen any of the Batman or Superman films. Haven't seen all the Die Hard films either, although I remember the original being great. Tried to watch the Harry Potter films but fell asleep 20 minutes into the first one and never revisited them.

Good thread mate. Not as good as my one about film titles that can be substituted for the word 'Willy', but a excellent effort.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 12:59 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Alright Womble, been to Reykjavik by any chance?

It's been done to death on t'other thread, but the Alien franchise is still the one I go back to more than any others.  Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Prometheus and then Resurrection.  Although Resurrection is pretty hopeless and has very few redeeming features, it still has to be included in the list.  Prometheus has a multitude of issues as well but is slightly less sh*t than Resurrection.

Godfather, Godfather II (although they are close.  II is an excellent film) then number 3 which was/is a let down.

I love the original Star Wars as well.  Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars then Return of the Jedi.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy as well.  Two Towers, Fellowship and then Return of the King.  Polarises opinions, and most either love them or hate them.  I am firmly in the category that loves them.

I've hardly seen any of the Batman or Superman films.  Haven't seen all the Die Hard films either, although I remember the original being great.  Tried to watch the Harry Potter films but fell asleep 20 minutes into the first one and never revisited them.  

Good thread mate.  Not as good as my one about film titles that can be substituted for the word 'Willy', but a excellent effort.
Please find a link to that thread...it was hilarious

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:06 pm

Tino, it's been a long time!

No I haven't been to Reykjavik, my parents have. Maybe you should start a thread to see if anyone has been......

I had just about erased that Willy thread from my memory, however it is now back. Thank you.

I agree on the Star Wars ranking, TESB is by far the best.

Not seen the LOTR or any of those films. Couldn't stand the books so avoided the films.

Is Galted still knocking about?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:08 pm

Dirty Harry is probably my favorite..............

1. Magnum Force.......
2. Dirty Harry
3. The Enforcer.......(Great bad guy)
4. The Dead Pool
5. Sudden Impact........

1. Superman 2
2. Superman
3. Superman 3
4. The Quest for crap..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:09 pm

The Womble wrote:

He is. Still wearing Gore-Tex, terrible Hi-Tec shoes and lying through his teeth about sh*gging Rachel Weisz and/or Winona Ryder.

He has a mail order Russian wife now as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Alright Womble, been to Reykjavik by any chance?

It's been done to death on t'other thread, but the Alien franchise is still the one I go back to more than any others.  Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Prometheus and then Resurrection.  Although Resurrection is pretty hopeless and has very few redeeming features, it still has to be included in the list.  Prometheus has a multitude of issues as well but is slightly less sh*t than Resurrection.

Godfather, Godfather II (although they are close.  II is an excellent film) then number 3 which was/is a let down.

I love the original Star Wars as well.  Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars then Return of the Jedi.

The Lord of the Rings trilogy as well.  Two Towers, Fellowship and then Return of the King.  Polarises opinions, and most either love them or hate them.  I am firmly in the category that loves them.

I've hardly seen any of the Batman or Superman films.  Haven't seen all the Die Hard films either, although I remember the original being great.  Tried to watch the Harry Potter films but fell asleep 20 minutes into the first one and never revisited them.  

Good thread mate.  Not as good as my one about film titles that can be substituted for the word 'Willy', but a excellent effort.
Please find a link to that thread...it was hilarious

I've PM'd it to you Dave.

It would take someone monumentally narcissistic to re-post it on here. I'm not Truss for heavens sake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:48 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Womble wrote:

He is.  Still wearing Gore-Tex, terrible Hi-Tec shoes and lying through his teeth about sh*gging Rachel Weisz and/or Winona Ryder.

I always thought he had a mail order Russian cat as well

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:50 pm

The Womble wrote:

He is.  Still wearing Gore-Tex, terrible Hi-Tec shoes and lying through his teeth about sh*gging Rachel Weisz and/or Winona Ryder.

That's nice, as long as he's happy.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:51 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:

How can you tell if the cat's Russian?
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 1:52 pm

The Womble wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:

It reeks of Vodka, is armed to the f*cking teeth and has Roman Abramovich on speed dial?

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:07 pm

The Womble wrote:3 - Man of Steel
The eagerly anticipated reboot that didn't fail to live up to the hype.

It sure did. It failed miserably. After all that hype I've never been so bored and disappointed in a movie.

I've got a lot of favourite franchises. Most of which I grew up with; X-men, The Lord of the Rings, Blade, Mad Max, Star Wars (went off it as I grew up, and as the new ones were introduced - still an epic series though).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:18 pm

The Saint wrote:
The Womble wrote:3 - Man of Steel
The eagerly anticipated reboot that didn't fail to live up to the hype.

It sure did. It failed miserably. After all that hype I've never been so bored and disappointed in a movie.

I've got a lot of favourite franchises. Most of which I grew up with; X-men, The Lord of the Rings, Blade, Mad Max, Star Wars (went off it as I grew up, and as the new ones were introduced - still an epic series though).

It didn't at all. The opening on Krypton was outstanding, the action was fast paced and the ending was perfect. The telling of the whole back story was so so good as well.

I like the X-Men series and actually prefer the more recent ones (First Class and Days of Future Past) than I do 2 & 3. First Class is, well, a first class movie.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:23 pm

General Zod was crap in the new one.........Zod needs a beard a bald head and a black S+M outfit..

"You are not the President no one who leads so many would possibly kneel so quickly"

"These humans are beginning to bore me"

Russell Crowe was no Brando either !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:28 pm

I don't think the back story was necessary. For me it just took up too much of the film and acted as kind of a distraction. Crowe just seemed a bit out of place lol, and the Zod character lacked a personality. They may have got rid of that 70/80s cheese too, but didn't hesitate to include their own IE the Clark senior death scene, the building blowing up at the end - it was just really unnecessary. I also thought the action scenes were just really, really boring - I mean throwing people through walls once was enough, but they did it at least 10 times. That said I was never a fan of the originals, so maybe you'd have to be a big fan to be into it. You surely must be to have Superman Returns ranked in there lol.

I agree with you on X-men. Days of Future Past has been the best, it's awesome how they integrated the characters from both era's. Wolverine is my favourite character, so X2 for me is also pretty good, and a bit better than First Class. Fassbender as Magneto is awesome too.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:47 pm

Haven't seen Tino rank the X men movies yet..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:53 pm

The Saint wrote:I don't think the back story was necessary. For me it just took up too much of the film and acted as kind of a distraction. Crowe just seemed a bit out of place lol, and the Zod character lacked a personality. They may have got rid of that 70/80s cheese too, but didn't hesitate to include their own IE the Clark senior death scene, the building blowing up at the end - it was just really unnecessary. I also thought the action scenes were just really, really boring - I mean throwing people through walls once was enough, but they did it at least 10 times. That said I was never a fan of the originals, so maybe you'd have to be a big fan to be into it. You surely must be to have Superman Returns ranked in there lol.

I agree with you on X-men. Days of Future Past has been the best, it's awesome how they integrated the characters from both era's. Wolverine is my favourite character, so X2 for me is also pretty good, and a bit better than First Class. Fassbender as Magneto is awesome too.

I think you do, and I am! I was so excited when Superman Returns came out, probably because it had been 19 years since a Superman film had been out. Over time I get more and more annoyed at it. It is very dull!!

Agree on all the X-Men stuff. I thought both Fassbender and McAvoy were awesome.

The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:54 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:General Zod was crap in the new one.........Zod needs a beard a bald head and a black S+M outfit..

"You are not the President no one who leads so many would possibly kneel so quickly"

"These humans are beginning to bore me"

Russell Crowe was no Brando either !!

Truss, you need to stop living in the past!
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 2:55 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haven't seen Tino rank the X men movies yet..

Wolverine will be top
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 3:03 pm

The Womble wrote:
The Saint wrote:I don't think the back story was necessary. For me it just took up too much of the film and acted as kind of a distraction. Crowe just seemed a bit out of place lol, and the Zod character lacked a personality. They may have got rid of that 70/80s cheese too, but didn't hesitate to include their own IE the Clark senior death scene, the building blowing up at the end - it was just really unnecessary. I also thought the action scenes were just really, really boring - I mean throwing people through walls once was enough, but they did it at least 10 times. That said I was never a fan of the originals, so maybe you'd have to be a big fan to be into it. You surely must be to have Superman Returns ranked in there lol.

I think you do, and I am! I was so excited when Superman Returns came out, probably because it had been 19 years since a Superman film had been out. Over time I get more and more annoyed at it. It is very dull!!

Agree on all the X-Men stuff. I thought both Fassbender and McAvoy were awesome.

Really? I thought they smacked of Ewan McGregor in Star Wars, namely someone just doing a poor impersonation of a well established character. It's not really acting, just mimicking and tbh they're both better that that. I fully appreciate it's a Hollywood blockbuster and a great emotional range along with then ability to imbue a character with believability is a long way down the list of requirements for such films but rarely if ever does anyone get any accolades for the "fantastic performances" in these sorts of films. Closest we got was Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight and that was only a sympathy vote.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:03 pm

The Womble wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Haven't seen Tino rank the X men movies yet..

Wolverine will be top

I'm not going there. I'm not going to do it. I'm not.

I won't let you pair get to me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:12 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:

Really? I thought they smacked of Ewan McGregor in Star Wars, namely someone just doing a poor impersonation of a well established character. It's not really acting, just mimicking and tbh they're both better that that. I fully appreciate it's a Hollywood blockbuster and a great emotional range along with then ability to imbue a character with believability is a long way down the list of requirements for such films but rarely if ever does anyone get any accolades for the "fantastic performances" in these sorts of films. Closest we got was Heath Ledger in the Dark Knight and that was only a sympathy vote.

I thought they were both perfect for the role, Michael Fassbender especially.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:16 pm

Godfather II is better than 1 Tina, there are only three films, can't be that hard to get them right.

As for the orginal thread how anyone can even consider having anything other than the original Die Hard top of the pile for Die Hard films is beyond me. The last one is bottom, what a steaming pile of cack.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:22 pm

Rowley wrote:Godfather II is better than 1 Tina, there are only three films, can't be that hard to get them right.

I was just about to go and edit my post but then I remembered that your opinion means nothing to me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:27 pm

Fair comment Tina, any nearer getting your X Men films ranked?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:29 pm

Rowley wrote:Fair comment Tina, any nearer getting your X Men films ranked?

I spent a considerable amount of time on the internet researching football this morning so I could talk to you about your team and sound interested and informed. I'd like to think I did a good job as well.

And this is the sort of sh*t I get in return.

You're dead to me, Jeff. Dead.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:34 pm

The Womble wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:

I thought they were both perfect for the role,  Michael Fassbender especially.
To quote the hilarious comedian Jimmy Tarbuck, it appears we have a difference of opinion

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:37 pm

I spent a considerable amount of time on the internet researching football this morning so I could talk to you about your team and sound interested and informed.  I'd like to think I did a good job as well.

You're dead to me, Jeff.  Dead.

Sorry Tina. I did appreciate your efforts this morning. I only hope the following link can go some way to repaying your efforts and make up for my conduct on this thread: http://www.stevebackshall.com/tour.php

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:41 pm

Rowley wrote:

I spent a considerable amount of time on the internet researching football this morning so I could talk to you about your team and sound interested and informed.  I'd like to think I did a good job as well.

You're dead to me, Jeff.  Dead.

Sorry Tina. I did appreciate your efforts this morning. I only hope the following link can go some way to repaying your efforts and make up for my conduct on this thread: http://www.stevebackshall.com/tour.php

That's a lovely thought, Jeff, but I was already aware of it.

My parents are taking my eldest to the one on the 31st October in St Albans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 4:43 pm

The Transporter franchise - never seen any of them and can only assume they're all equally as w*nk as each other

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 08 Apr 2015, 8:55 pm

The first Transporter movie was okay from what I remember. The next two though...just oh dear.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 08 Apr 2015, 9:34 pm

The Womble wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:

Ignore them, Womble, they're idiots.

She's not a mail order Russian wife, she's a mail order Russian girlfriend.

And the cat's not Russian, it's from Streatham, South London.

Super-duper thread, my favourite franchises are Godfather, Harry Potter, the Clint trilogy that ended with The Good The Bad And The Ugly and Back The Future.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:00 pm

The Bourne films are all pretty good as far as franchises go, only the one with Jeremy Renner is a bit bobbins.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:10 pm

The Bourne films are pretty awesome, though a little bit repetitive. So the first 1 remains the best for me. The Renner movie was a bit of a pointless add-on with regards to the story.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 08 Apr 2015, 10:11 pm

Well as far as Die Hard goes, I actually REALLY liked 3 as well. It's just not quite as good as 1.
1. Die Hard
2. Die Hard With A Vengeance
3. Die Hard 2
4. Die Hard 4.0 (which I didn't mind too much).
I don't talk about the other one.

What about the Lethal Weapons? Great chemistry between Gibson & Glover in all of them
1. LW Gary Busey as the bad guy. And Mel Gibson being bonkers and sporting the world's worst haircut.
2. LW2 (I loved the idea of the South African smugglers - makes a change from the usual Hollywood stuff)
3. LW4 (Although annoying, I thought Chris Rock was a good addition to the cast - his inclusion meant I could divert some of my irritation from the (thankfully now toned down) Leo Getz character to Butters. Stupid fight scenes with Jet Li though as he would have destroyed them both in a heartbeat.
4. LW3. Really weak bad guy and some stupid scenes let this one down. And Leo Getz with bleached hair and a bad taste in Cadillacs.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Brys Thu 09 Apr 2015, 2:19 am

Haha before I put mine up, just need to know are we including film series that maybe explore the same theme/director/actor or we only accepting continuing story franchises Smile

Brys

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:44 am

Galted wrote:
The Womble wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
The Womble wrote:

Ignore them, Womble, they're idiots.

She's not a mail order Russian wife, she's a mail order Russian girlfriend.

And the cat's not Russian, it's from Streatham, South London.

Super-duper thread, my favourite franchises are Godfather, Harry Potter, the Clint trilogy that ended with The Good The Bad And The Ugly and Back The Future.

You're just splitting hairs now!

Not seen any of the Hairy Potter films Galted, not my cup of tea. The Godfather is a great franchise however, with Part 2 my personal favourite.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 09 Apr 2015, 9:49 am

What about the Toy Story films?

1st - Toy Story 2
2nd - Toy Story
3rd - Toy Story 3

Spiderman

1st - The Amazing Spiderman
2nd - Spiderman 2
3rd - Spiderman
4th - Amazing Spiderman 2
5th - Spiderman 3

Does someone want to offer their thoughts on Star Trek (there are 12 films!) and Fast and The Furious? I haven't seen all of them so can't rank them.
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:10 am

Mr Bounce wrote:Well as far as Die Hard goes, I actually REALLY liked 3 as well. It's just not quite as good as 1.
1. Die Hard
2. Die Hard With A Vengeance
3. Die Hard 2
4. Die Hard 4.0 (which I didn't mind too much).
I don't talk about the other one.

My view on Die Hard slightly differs to you. My order is;

1. Die Hard with a Vengeance
2. Die Hard
3. Die Hard 4.0
4. Die Hard 2
I agree with you about the last one though.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:10 am

The Womble wrote:

Does someone want to offer their thoughts on Star Trek (there are 12 films!)

I watched one of them (second one with Zachary Quinto in I think) on a plane home last year but the TV's got turned off as we were coming into land with about 20 minutes left. I enjoyed it up to that point but don't know how it ended. I should look it up one day.

Never seen the others.

Is that the sort of thought you're looking for, Womble? thumbsup

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:29 am

I can tell you what happens if you want Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:34 am

The Womble wrote:

Does someone want to offer their thoughts on Star Trek (there are 12 films!) and Fast and The Furious? I haven't seen all of them so can't rank them.

F&F is a tough one, the films have almost divided into 2 sets, with Fast Five onwards being more ludicrous action movies than car films

Without having seen the latest one I'd go

Fast and Furious 6
Fast & Furious (4)
Fast Five
The Fast & the Furious (1)

2 Fast 2 Furious

Tokyo Drift

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:34 am

Rowley wrote:I can tell you what happens if you want Tina.

Yes please.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:37 am

They crash land the plane with Cumberbatch on the place where Star Fleet's head office is. He is very angry because his mates hidden in the missiles are all dead so is intent on raising merry hell, but Kirk and Spock have a fight with him and kill him.

Think that is what happens. Have not seen it in a while.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 09 Apr 2015, 10:40 am

Rowley wrote:They crash land the plane with Cumberbatch on the place where Star Fleet's head office is. He is very angry because his mates hidden in the missiles are all dead so is intent on raising merry hell, but Kirk and Spock have a fight with him and kill him.

Think that is what happens. Have not seen it in a while.

Excellent. That fills a gap.

Thanks.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:18 am

The Saint wrote:The Bourne films are pretty awesome, though a little bit repetitive. So the first 1 remains the best for me. The Renner movie was a bit of a pointless add-on with regards to the story.
Having said he didn't want to do a fourth film as he felt silly saying "I just can't remember" again, Matt Damon is whoring himself out next year for another Bourne film. TBH I don't give a f*ck about his motives just as long as it's as good as the first three. The one with Jeremy was indeed b*ll*cks

Back to top Go down

Post by The Womble Thu 09 Apr 2015, 11:41 am

The Womble wrote:

Does someone want to offer their thoughts on Star Trek (there are 12 films!)

I watched one of them (second one with Zachary Quinto in I think) on a plane home last year but the TV's got turned off as we were coming into land with about 20 minutes left.  I enjoyed it up to that point but don't know how it ended.  I should look it up one day.

Never seen the others.

Is that the sort of thought you're looking for, Womble?  thumbsup

That is beautiful Tino, made my day that has thumbsup
The Womble
The Womble

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:28 pm

I've not seen the latest F&F movie, but I got a feeling it will be up there. I heard it's an amazing tribute to Paul too. They've sort of moved away from what the first movie was about with all these crazy action scenes; but once you're a fan, you're a fan.

The Fast and the Furious (will always be the greatest, loved it when I was young).

The Fast and the Furious 6
Fast 5
Fast and Furious (4)
2 Fast 2 Furious

Tokyo Drift.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Thu 09 Apr 2015, 12:30 pm

Saint, that's probably the closest we've ever come to agreeing on something! Hug

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next