The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri)

+7
VinceWLB
The Saint
glamorganalun
SecretFly
PenfroPete
CurlyOsp
LordDowlais
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri) - Page 2 Empty Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri)

Post by LordDowlais Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not much to talk about on here these days, so I thought I would do  a match thread for Ospreys on Friday night. Dudley Phillips is reffing so I do not think Ospreys will get much out of this, but there you go, teams to be announces shortly.

Venue: Stadio Comunale di Monigo, Treviso Date: 10 April, 2015 Kick-off: 19:35 BST

Coverage: Live commentary on Scrum V, BBC Two Wales and the BBC Sport website, and updates on BBC Radio Wales

Ospreys: Dan Evans; Tom Grabham, Jonathan Spratt, Josh Matavesi, Eli Walker; Dan Biggar, Rhys Webb; Ryan Bevington, Scott Baldwin. Aaron Jarvis. Alun Wyn Jones (capt), Tyler Ardron, Dan Lydiate, Justin Tipuric, Dan Baker.

Replacements: Scott Otten, Nicky Smith, Dmitri Arhip, Lloyd Peers, James King, Tom Habberfield, Sam Davies, Ben John.

Benetton Treviso: (TBC)

Referee: Dudley Phillips (IRFU, 49th competition game)

Assistant Referees: Marius Mitrea, Simone Boaretto (both FIR)

Citing Commissioner: Marco Cordelli (FIR )

TMO: Carlo Damasco (FIR )

Last edited by LordDowlais on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri)

Post by Guest Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:09 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:
Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:Even the scrum V team stated the ref was shocking and could have cost the Ospreys.

It is just so irresponsible of supposed rugby guys whinging about the ref. Ross Harries said that they don't like talking about referees and they do it pretty much every week - hypocrite. The Rhys Webb clothesline was lucky not to be a red never mind yellow and the Treviso yellow was deliberate penalty in the red zone so definite yellow. You wonder if these pundits know anything about the how rugby is supposed to respect referees. Whinging like this will just encourage experienced refs to give up the game. Why on earth would refs who are amateur guys doing their best for the game they love, giving up their weekends on a budget in the Pro12, bother when they get such pernickety constant ctiricism.
Are Jones and Holley so stupid to think that by criticising refs and forcing them out of the game. that the replacements will so much better?

You've got to be f*cking kidding me Aukster! After the weeks of shoite you and your pundits have given out about Wayne Barnes it is completely out of order to come on here with this sort of double standards. You should feel ashamed!

(P.s. Didn't see the Ospreys game so can't comment on the incidents. Can only comment on you whingeing about ref whingers).

The difference is Griff some people actually believe the stuff that is nationally broadcast by supposed rugby guys who should know about rugby. Kids watch such rugby programmes and are influenced by the same. Pat Lam was castigated for bringing the game into disrepute by questioning an official and there should be no double standard here - the media is not above criticism.

Just in case you don't realise I am not a national broadcaster, I don't have any pundits and my opinion is inconsequential.

Your media and pundits were all over the Barnes v Ireland game. There were no calls on here from the Irish for the broadcasters to take responsibility for their actions. What about Barnes? What if he is put off refereeing again? What about younger refs seeing the abuse the Irish gave Barnes and are now considering turning their backs on refereeing? I believe he had death threats.

Complete double standards, Aukster, and you know it.

Back to top Go down

Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri) - Page 2 Empty Re: Pro12: Benetton Treviso v Ospreys (Fri)

Post by SecretFly Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:19 pm

Oh God guys - will you all stop.  Me and Lord were just having a bit of banter about refs and reffing records - kind of a long running in-joke as regards stats verses opinions between us.

But I see it's inevitably got all so serious again quite quickly!

Ospreys won.  Bonus point?  Be happy folks and think of Treviso who I'm sure in Italian would be even less happy about the ref right now - but we never hear from their fans so nobody cares about their opinions of course.

Last edited by SecretFly on Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:20 pm

CurlyOsp wrote:The general standard of refereeing in the Pro 12 is very poor. If no one says anything about it then it will just go unchanged.

I don't disagree that the standard is poor. Complaining doesn't turn mediocre referees into world class ones, all it does is legitimise the feeding frenzy that the Pro12 has poor officials and offer more examples to reinforce that viewpoint

What does bad mouthing referees in public achieve? What suggestions did Scrum V come up with to improve the situation - none.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:30 pm

Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:
Griff wrote:
The Great Aukster wrote:
glamorganalun wrote:Even the scrum V team stated the ref was shocking and could have cost the Ospreys.

It is just so irresponsible of supposed rugby guys whinging about the ref. Ross Harries said that they don't like talking about referees and they do it pretty much every week - hypocrite. The Rhys Webb clothesline was lucky not to be a red never mind yellow and the Treviso yellow was deliberate penalty in the red zone so definite yellow. You wonder if these pundits know anything about the how rugby is supposed to respect referees. Whinging like this will just encourage experienced refs to give up the game. Why on earth would refs who are amateur guys doing their best for the game they love, giving up their weekends on a budget in the Pro12, bother when they get such pernickety constant ctiricism.
Are Jones and Holley so stupid to think that by criticising refs and forcing them out of the game. that the replacements will so much better?

You've got to be f*cking kidding me Aukster! After the weeks of shoite you and your pundits have given out about Wayne Barnes it is completely out of order to come on here with this sort of double standards. You should feel ashamed!

(P.s. Didn't see the Ospreys game so can't comment on the incidents. Can only comment on you whingeing about ref whingers).

The difference is Griff some people actually believe the stuff that is nationally broadcast by supposed rugby guys who should know about rugby. Kids watch such rugby programmes and are influenced by the same. Pat Lam was castigated for bringing the game into disrepute by questioning an official and there should be no double standard here - the media is not above criticism.

Just in case you don't realise I am not a national broadcaster, I don't have any pundits and my opinion is inconsequential.

Your media and pundits were all over the Barnes v Ireland game. There were no calls on here from the Irish for the broadcasters to take responsibility for their actions. What about Barnes? What if he is put off refereeing again? What about younger refs seeing the abuse the Irish gave Barnes and are now considering turning their backs on refereeing? I believe he had death threats.

Complete double standards, Aukster, and you know it.

Death threats - Presumably you have a link?

I know there were rumours he had death threats from All Black fans following that World Cup but in the Wales v Ireland game?

There is a difference between reporting facts, such as POC and Schmidt commenting on inconsistent interpretations by Barnes and Sean Holley saying Phillips had a shocker, based on a biased subjective viewpoint.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Ospreys got the bonus point despite Dudley Phillips, Justin Tuperic in particular can feel very, very aggrieved, he was pinged left right and center, and he was doing nothing wrong.

Although I will say, Phillips got the scrum spot on in the first half, but when Ospreys brought Nicky Smith on, the scrum changed dramatically and Ospreys were on top, but he just based the scrum on the first half without taking into consideration the changes Ospreys made to combat the Italian front row, to me that was bad refereeing.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:34 pm

TJ wrote:

even  the most biased commentry team going?

I guess you don't have BT or Sky Sports then mate...?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:39 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Ospreys got the bonus point despite Dudley Phillips, Justin Tuperic in particular can feel very, very aggrieved, he was pinged left right and center, and he was doing nothing wrong.

Although I will say, Phillips got the scrum spot on in the first half, but when Ospreys brought Nicky Smith on, the scrum changed dramatically and Ospreys were on top, but he just based the scrum on the first half without taking into consideration the changes Ospreys made to combat the Italian front row, to me that was bad refereeing.

LD

Rupert Harden was binding illegally. The law says out stretched arms, a Tyrannosaurus Rex has more reach than Harden was attempting last night. Very harsh on the Ospreys. Phillips took his time noticing such an obvious infringement but eventually saw it in the final quarter when young Smith was on...

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:57 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
TJ wrote:

even  the most biased commentry team going?

I guess you don't have BT or Sky Sports then mate...?

Guess he hasn't heard Andy Nicol commentate either? Gotta love a Scot on his high horse!

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2