The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April

+16
IanBru
cakeordeath
BigGee
InjuredYetAgain
the-goon
Sin é
Jenifer McLadyboy
The Saint
Weegie Wizard
jimbopip
Nematode
funnyExiledScot
VinceWLB
RDW
SecretFly
George Carlin
20 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Empty Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April

Post by George Carlin Sun 19 Apr 2015, 9:12 am

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Connac10                    Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Glasgo12
Connacht Rugby v Glasgow Warriors
Saturday 25 April
KO: 13:05
The Sportsground, Galway

Live on TG4/BBC ALBA

Referee: Marius Mitrea (FIR, 40th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Andy Brace, Oisin Quinn (both IRFU)
Citing Commissioner: Dennis Templeton (IRFU)
TMO: Dermot Moloney (IRFU)

A. Head to Head

25 Played 25
7 Wins 15
15 Losses 7
3 Draws 3
44 Tries 62
32 Conversions 43
50 Penalties 54
5 Drop Goals 2
449 Points 564
24 Avg. Age 26

B. Form

Fri 26 Sep 2014 - Glasgow Warriors 39 - 21 Connacht Rugby

Sun 9 Feb 2014 - Glasgow Warriors 8 - 6 Connacht Rugby

Sat 2 Nov 2013 - Connacht Rugby 12 - 19 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Connacht Rugby
Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Father11
[tbc]

Glasgow Warriors
Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Glasgo12
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Tommy Seymour
13. Richie Vernon
12. Peter Horne
11. Niko Matawalu
10. Finn Russell
9. Henry Pyrgos

1. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
2. Fraser Brown
3. Euan Murray   
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Jonny Gray (Captain)
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Adam Ashe

16. Kevin Bryce
17. Ryan Grant  
18. Jon Welsh
19. Tim Swinson
20. Josh Strauss
21. Duncan Weir
22. Peter Murchie
23. Lee Jones

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 24 Apr 2015, 1:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Empty Re: Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April

Post by SecretFly Sun 19 Apr 2015, 9:57 am

25 Played 25
7 Wins 15
15 Losses 7
3 Draws 3
44 Tries 62
32 Conversions 43
50 Penalties 54
5 Drop Goals 2
449 Points 564
24 Avg. Age 26

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm chin Hard to decide how it might go.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Empty Re: Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April

Post by RDW Sun 19 Apr 2015, 10:13 am

Edinburgh certainly need Connacht to not get any points from this!

I wonder how many Glasgow players will be injured this weekend then?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun 19 Apr 2015, 10:30 am

Connacht have a very useful scrum, they had Ulster in reverse all game long 2 weeks a go which is no mean feat, in particular their loosehead, Dennis Buckley, can feel particularly unlucky not being considered in the Irish squad.
To counter that i would start with big Mike Cusack, he has looked to be getting back up to speed recently, such that Cardiff had to change their loosehead after 30 odd minutes!

I see this game as make or break for Glasgow, as far as home semi is concerned.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 19 Apr 2015, 10:44 am

Yes, it will be very tough at the Sportsground but we need nothing less than 5 points.

What we cannot have is any more injuries - Maitland, DTH, Bennett, Dunbar all out really is a disaster and if we eventually manage to win this league it will be a testament to our less heralded squad players.

Saying that, we can still put out:
09 Pyrgos
10 Russell
11 Matawalu
12 Horne
13 Lyle/Vernon/Braid
14 Seymour
15 Hogg

which still looks serviceable (although we are creaking at centre) but if we get any more injuries then we are absolutely duffed up the bum.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 19 Apr 2015, 2:09 pm

Yep, we need you to wipe out Connacht here, preferably denying them any points.

I'd go unchanged from the team that duffed up Cardiff, perhaps bringing back Brown, Gray and Naka.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sun 19 Apr 2015, 3:21 pm

Hard to say what team selection's best.

Weir could definitely do with some gametime and perhaps Hogg should be considered at centre?

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 19 Apr 2015, 6:58 pm

Weir is turd and Hogg is the best fullback in Scotland by a distance, so I suppose I disagree.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Sun 19 Apr 2015, 7:35 pm

I'm not meaning (Hogg) permanently, but given the injuries would it not be advisable to give Hogg a run at centre in case, come the playoffs, he is needed at centre but hasn't had gametime there for ages?

Other option is to play Nakarawa at centre! thumbsup thumbsup thumbsup

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 19 Apr 2015, 8:18 pm

I still maintain that this is must win game as the next two are eminently losable. (That looks really weird but spellcheck says it's correct).
Horne and Richie V are our form backs and should play. Preferably at 12 &13.
I wouldn't be shocked if Toonie goes with a 4-4 split on the bench with Russell, Horne, Vernon and Hogg coming off as soon as the win looks safe. Otherwise we run the risk of playing Parks-Morrison-Dewey in the semi. No need to ponder on the line up for the final in that case.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Sun 19 Apr 2015, 8:21 pm

Nematode wrote:I'm not meaning (Hogg) permanently, but given the injuries would it not be advisable to give Hogg a run at centre in case, come the playoffs, he is needed at centre but hasn't had gametime there for ages?

Other option is to play Nakarawa at centre!  thumbsup  thumbsup  thumbsup

With Horne, Vernon and Lyle fit and in form I'd just leave the centres to play centre.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:34 am

I think we'll see a pretty urgent first half from Glasgow.

Toonie will be keen to give a few of the backs some rest early so we'll blitz it for the first 40 to try and wrap it up early. It worked well in the last couple of home games against Zebre & Blues but away against Connacht is a different matter altogether.

Personally, I think we will win but I don't see a bonus point in this one. I'm starting to think that we will need 3 wins to make the top 2. My confidence is in the process of evaporating.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Mon 20 Apr 2015, 9:37 am

I'm not too sure - Glasgow have developed a habit to disintegrate in the second half which I'm sure GT will want to erase.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Apr 2015, 12:13 pm

Nematode wrote:I'm not too sure - Glasgow have developed a habit to disintegrate in the second half which I'm sure GT will want to erase.

I'm not sure they have disintegrated so much as put five points in the bag and then eased off slightly. Except for the Leinster game which was an anomaly to say the least: we took off our internationals just as they brought theirs on.
I think we will still need to beat either Ulster or Ospreys to guarantee a top two spot (assuming we beat Connacht) so really the winning bonus point is not that important. As in ; four points pus us beyond Leinster and into an away berth, five means we still need one more win to get a top two finish. I still think ; Bryce, Lyle, Murchie and Meatball will feature on Friday. Probably from the bench as soon as we have a defendable lead. Probably with the Jedi covering lock and flanker and three front rows making up the replacements.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:08 pm

It's worth looking at the remaining fixtures for the top four. I have ruled out Leinster because, well just because I can.

Glasgow (1st) 65 Points
1 Connacht (Away)
2 Ospreys (Away)
3 Ulster (Home) We could easily lose all three. Connacht is simply a must win. Four points there and LBP's in ,our last two would put us on 71 pts.

Ulster (2nd) 62 Points
1 Leinster (Home)
2 Munster (Home)
3 Glasgow (Away) At home to a battered and bruised Leinster, should be a win. A win at home to Munster puts them on 70 and needing to win against Glasgow, who by then will be playing Schiz and Tattie Scones in the centres, for a home berth. 71 or74 points

Ospreys (3rd) 61 Points
1 Blues (Away, Neutral Venue)
2 Glasgow (Home)
3 Connacht (Away) Can easily see them winning all three: 73 pts.

Munster (4th) 58 Points

1 Treviso (Home)
2 Ulster (Away)
3 Dragons (Home) Should get 5 pts against Treviso and Dragons. 68 pts.

My logic would seem to say Ospreys come top and Munster fourth and Glasgow and Ulster have the other two places with the last game of the season deciding home advantage.
Of course if Munster win at Kingspan and Glasgow win at the O's then everything changes. I've just got a feeling that Ulster will get a home semi and final. And win.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:12 pm

Ospreys will NEED to win all 3 remaining fixtures to stay in contention IMO. They should beat Blues and Connacht, not so sure about Glasgow - but if they stay third and Glasgow first then this will be interesting match, assuming that 1st plays 3rd in the play-offs? Headscratch Glasgow vs Ulster is a great match-up so close to the play-offs. We might be treated early.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:16 pm

1st plays 4th, 2nd V 3rd

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:17 pm

Saint, I'm pretty certain it's
1st at home to 4th
2nd at home to third.
If the O's pick up ten points, possible, against Caahdiff and Connacht then they should be in the top two. Eight points from those two fixtures would probably see them third and away for their semi.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:19 pm

jimbopip wrote:It's worth looking at the remaining fixtures for the top four. I have ruled out Leinster because, well just because I can.

Glasgow (1st) 65 Points
1 Connacht (Away)
2 Ospreys (Away)
3 Ulster (Home)  We could easily lose all three. Connacht is simply a must win. Four points there and  LBP's in ,our last two would put us on 71 pts.

Ulster (2nd) 62 Points
1 Leinster (Home)
2 Munster (Home)
3 Glasgow (Away) At home to a battered and bruised Leinster, should be a win. A win at home to Munster puts them on 70  and needing to win against Glasgow, who by then will be playing Schiz and Tattie Scones in the centres, for a home berth. 71 or74 points

Ospreys (3rd) 61 Points
2 Glasgow (Home)

Munster (4th) 58 Points

1 Treviso (Home)
2 Ulster (Away)
3 Dragons (Home) Should get 5 pts against Treviso and Dragons. 68 pts. 5 points from EACH of those 2 surely = 73 points.

My logic would seem to say Ospreys come top and Munster fourth and Glasgow and Ulster have the other two places with the last game of the season deciding home advantage.
Of course if Munster win at Kingspan and Glasgow win at the O's then everything changes. I've just got a feeling that Ulster will get a home semi and final. And win.

Spare a though for us poor Leinster fans. We need Ulster to lose all 3 just to have a chance to get near a playoff spot.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:22 pm

Playing Ulster away 5 days after an extra time Semi final against Toulon - I can't see Leinster winning that one!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Playing Ulster away 5 days after an extra time Semi final against Toulon - I can't see Leinster winning that one!
And that's only the first hurdle

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:30 pm

I concur with my well-groomed friend from the east. Ulster at the weekend will probably prove a bridge too far. If you do manage to win it is not impossible that Ulster lose to Munster and then fail to turn up at Scotstoun on the last day. Possible but as unlikely as Natalie Baye finally realising she has been wasting her time with unworthy suitors and beating down my front door.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:36 pm

jimbopip wrote:I concur with my well-groomed friend from the east. Ulster at the  weekend will probably prove a bridge too far. If you do manage to win it is not impossible that Ulster lose to Munster and then fail to turn up at Scotstoun on the last day. Possible but as unlikely as Natalie Baye finally realising she has been wasting her time with unworthy suitors and beating down my front door.
Had to google her. wow! as far as women in their 60s go. She just jumped to the top of my list. Smile

If Leinster make the playoffs I'll expect you to provide me with her phone number.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Apr 2015, 1:59 pm

Ah Jen, if I had her phone number do you think I'd be sharing it? Is she in her 60's already? As John Miltom said, "Time, that subtle thief of youth."
Still can't see Leinster making the play offs, mind.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Apr 2015, 3:24 pm

Forget the f**king playoffs. I'm with the Welsh on this one now. The Pro12 is a dead, overblown, undercooked, over-rated and discredited sack of schidt! Wink

We're not going to participate no more in such a venture (this year).

Onwards for the Leinster warriors to the bussom of the cotton wool embalming cocoons - ready to be awakened in time for World Cup handling practice sessions sometime in July.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 20 Apr 2015, 3:44 pm

jimbopip wrote:It's worth looking at the remaining fixtures for the top four. I have ruled out Leinster because, well just because I can.

Glasgow (1st) 65 Points
1 Connacht (Away)
2 Ospreys (Away)
3 Ulster (Home)  We could easily lose all three. Connacht is simply a must win. Four points there and  LBP's in ,our last two would put us on 71 pts.

My prediction: v Connacht 1pt, Ospreys 1pt, Ulster 4pts Total = 71pts.

Ulster (2nd) 62 Points (Ulster are 3rd with 63pts)
1 Leinster (Home)
2 Munster (Home)
3 Glasgow (Away) At home to a battered and bruised Leinster, should be a win. A win at home to Munster puts them on 70  and needing to win against Glasgow, who by then will be playing Schiz and Tattie Scones in the centres, for a home berth. 71 or74 points

My prediction: v Leinster 4pts, v Munster 4pts, v Glasgow 1pt = t[b]otal 72pts/

Ospreys (3rd) 61 Points [b](Ospreys are 4th with 61pts)

2 Glasgow (Home)

My prediction: v Blues 5, v Glasgow 1, v Connacht 4. = 10pts Total: 71pts.

Munster (4th) 58 Points (Munster are 2nd with 63pts at the moment)

1 Treviso (Home)
2 Ulster (Away)
3 Dragons (Home) Should get 5 pts against Treviso and Dragons. 68 pts.

My prediction: v Treviso 5pts, V Ulster 1pt, v Dragons 5. Total = 74pts

1. Munster = 74pts
2. Ulster = 72pts
3. Glasgow 71pts (win more games than Ospreys)
4. Ospreys = 71pts
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Mon 20 Apr 2015, 3:45 pm

SecretFly wrote:Forget the f**king playoffs.  I'm with the Welsh on this one now.  The Pro12 is a dead, overblown, undercooked, over-rated and discredited sack of schidt! Wink

Onwards for the Leinster warriors to the bussom of the cotton wool embalming cocoons - ready to be awakened in time for World Cup handling practice sessions sometime in July.  

At least Joe will have a few Leinster player to play against the Barbarians in Thomond Park Wink
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Apr 2015, 3:49 pm

Sin é wrote:
SecretFly wrote:Forget the f**king playoffs.  I'm with the Welsh on this one now.  The Pro12 is a dead, overblown, undercooked, over-rated and discredited sack of schidt! Wink

At least Joe will have a few Leinster player to play against the Barbarians in Thomond Park Wink

As good a place to practice 21st century passing and line breaking techniques as the next, Sin Wink I look forward to seeing the progress:

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Mon 20 Apr 2015, 4:23 pm

jimbopip wrote:Ah Jen, if I had her phone number do you think I'd be sharing it? Is she in her 60's already? As John Miltom said, "Time, that subtle thief of youth."
Still can't see Leinster making the play offs, mind.
I can't see it either.

She's 66 though. That's pushing it for me. Her and perhaps Sophia Loren (when she was in her 60s) is as far as I would currently go.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Apr 2015, 4:37 pm

Guys, yous don't know what real beauty is Wink

Francoise Hardy as a young vixen:Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSO9W-dWQnjOtoeyRmcttlGa1G_0YUIx9kjHeiOXGL2F-QMZPd

and as a 70 year old doll: Connacht v Glasgow Warriors, 25 April Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvblIdgk9RzZUh3IYzGjSQTFzere1_rTUL5MvsuFja47Hd70-K

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 20 Apr 2015, 5:46 pm

Jen, I must admit to being frozen in time as regards my penchant for French actresses from the 1980's. That's when I met Mrs Pip who introduced me to French cinema. Shocked to discover that they have dared get older.
Fly a man after my own heart.
Sin E your predictions could come to pass, quite easily.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Mon 20 Apr 2015, 5:59 pm

Sine,

I would agree with your predictions as well. Munster are in a good position to get a home semi. However, there needs to be a winner in the Glasgow vs Ospreys game, one team needs to get 3 extra points. I'll plug for the O's with home advantage.

Connacht will have a big say with home games against the O's and Glasgow.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Mon 20 Apr 2015, 7:03 pm

How has this thread become a geriatric lady appreciation club? Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:05 pm

Glasgow need to throw the kitchen sink at Connacht and go for 5 points. Had no idea the World Class soap dodgers had such a brutal finale to the season.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 20 Apr 2015, 8:12 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:How has this thread become a geriatric lady appreciation club? Shocked

Fine wine and all that jazz, RDW. You're too young to know. Don't worry about it until you hit your late teens Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:00 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:How has this thread become a geriatric lady appreciation club? Shocked

Some of us appreciate "geriatric ladies" some of us appreciate Mike Coman and Mr Chinhook.  I say potato and Fes says, "Dauphinoise! Or possibly hasselback, depending on which chef is in the main kitchen this evening."

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:57 am

Can't help but think this thread has lost its focus ....

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:32 am

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Can't help but think this thread has lost its focus ....

Or, given his exploits against Italy, losing foucs = 'to do a Peter Horne'

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:48 am

the-goon wrote:Sine,

I would agree with your predictions as well. Munster are in a good position to get a home semi. However, there needs to be a winner in the Glasgow vs Ospreys game, one team needs to get 3 extra points. I'll plug for the O's with home advantage.

Connacht will have a big say with home games against the O's and Glasgow.

Made a mistake there. Os to beat Glasgow at home (additional 3pts to previous total).

1. Ospreys = 74pts (16 wins)
2. Munster = 74pts (15 wins)
3. Ulster = 72pts
4. Glasgow 71pts

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:48 am

I leave this thread for a day and it's 'grab-a-granny' night.

However, when I was 25 I dated a hot 38 year old for three months and I can confirm that it was completely awesome. I expect that you all wanted to know that.
You're welcome.

Last edited by George Carlin on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:53 am

Sorry George, when I was 23 I had a fairly torrid time with 46 year old (woman) and life was never the same after that. When I as in my mid-forties I kept asking myself where she had found the energy (never mind the inclination) as a 23 year old girl would have killed me.

Last edited by jimbopip on Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:54 am

jimbopip wrote:Sorry George, when I was 23 I had a fairly torrid time with 46 year old (woman) and life was never the same after that.
You need to pick the ones who don't need a hip replacement and are not marinated in bitterness.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:54 am

Jeezo, didn't realise so many of you were into the MILFs/GILFs Shocked

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Apr 2015, 8:55 am

RDW_Scotland wrote:Jeezo, didn't realise so many of you were into the MILFs/GILFs Shocked
Class is permanent. Cool

And also, yoga seems to be a great way to keep in shape at any age.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:22 am

It would appear that one win assures us of a play off spot (sorry to go back to rugby but GC seems strangely unwilling to find tenuous excuses to post pix of a selection of French actresses) and two wins should be enough to get us a home semi.
If we accept that a win at Connacht is the most likely, which of the other two is our next target?

Option 1 The pragmatic approach.
Best XV against Connacht, hell for leather and 5 points.
Rest/protect crucial players against O's.Give game time to players who may be needed ; Meatball, Lyle, Murchie, Grant.
Best XV against Ulster, hoping that two Irish derbies will have left them dead on their feet.

Option 2 The cynical barsteward Gatland approach.
Rest key players against Connacht. We'll beat them anyway.
Ditto against O's, we'll lose at the Liberty whatever side we put out.
Best XV against Ulster. They will already be in the play offs and will field a weakened side anyway.

[b][/Option 3 The Niko approachb]
Play all three Fijians in each game.
Forget centres: put your five fastest backs behind Dancer, let them grab the jerseys out the kit bag with their eyes shut. Get Gibson to give the pre-match team talk, "Believe".

I find myself being drawn to option three. mainly because while we have all been saying that Connacht will have a lot to say about who will get a home semi we seem to have forgotten the effect that derby matches will have. derby matches often go against form and received wisdom.
Blues might beat O's Although any side that get stuffed by the MFL can't be relied on.
What better place to assuage the pain of Toulon than Kingspan?
Munster can win at Kingspan.
The more I try to predict the next three weeks the dizzier I get.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:39 am

Can I ask why everyone is convinced we will lose to the Ospreys at the Liberty?

We have won on at least the last 3 occasions we have played there and you need to go back to March 2011 (I think, feel free for the pedants to give me an e-wedgie) for the last team the Os beat us.

I know that there are playing well this season, but why are we suddenly so fearful?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:45 am

Toonie has been resting a few key players over the past few weeks and with the weeks off and the fact that the last game did not take too much out of us, I don't think fatigue should be quite the problem it has been in previous years.

He needs to put a strong team out against Connacht, it is a potential 5 pointer and if we get that, it keeps us in the driving seat and keeps the pressure on the rest. Then it is another recovery week before the hardest of hard 4 weeks in a row. Managing those last games will be key, how do you keep something back for the final knowing it will take everything to get there. We peaked a match to early last year, hopefully lessons have been learnt.

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BigGee Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:48 am

George Carlin wrote:Can I ask why everyone is convinced we will lose to the Ospreys at the Liberty?

We have won on at least the last 3 occasions we have played there and you need to go back to March 2011 (I think, feel free for the pedants to give me an e-wedgie) for the last team the Os beat us.

I know that there are playing well this season, but why are we suddenly so fearful?

Agree, win all three games and then all the permutations mean nothing, it is simple really and quite doable!

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 21 Apr 2015, 9:58 am

Glasgow don't need to rest players - they've had rest weeks. Plus they don't have enough backs fit to rest players!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Weegie Wizard Fri 24 Apr 2015, 11:57 am

Team is up -

Jerry, Brown, Murray
Gray (c), Naka
Harley, Fusaro, Ashe,
Pyros, Russell,
Horne, Vernon,
Niko, Seymour & Hogg

Bench - Kevin Bryce, Grant, Welsh, Swinson, Strauss, Weir, Murchie, Jones.

Decent enough given who we have out. Great to see wee Jonny as captain.

Weegie Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next